THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What if?... memory wiping  (Read 9360 times)

Daniel

What if?... memory wiping
« on: 31 Oct 2005, 03:35 »

Random Question... for you!

If you could have your memory wiped about any movie or television show episode, so that you could watch it again for the very first time, with no idea of what was going to happen, what would it be?

Me? I would maybe say the final episodes of Angel, or Cowboy Bebop, but more likely...

Gone. The Spaced episode. 25 minutes of such awesomeness, the first time I saw it it almost broke my mind.

What say you?

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2005, 04:28 »

The last episode of Cowboy Bebop. Because I knew how it ended before the first time I saw it. Although I still sat there in disbelief.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

ASturge

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2005, 05:04 »

^ haha, I didn't know, was like, ....

wait

WTF

er, probably go with... Cowboy Bebop, yeah, that kicked!

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2005, 11:38 »

I would wipe the puppet episode of Angel. When I first heard about that episode, I refused to believe that it could be possible, or that they'd keep him as a puppet for anything more than half an act tops. When that little furry hand popped out of the wreckage at the end of the first act, I choked with mad glee.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2005, 16:22 »

Firefly. And not just one episode, the WHOLE THING, plus movie.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Bunnyman

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2005, 17:22 »

Well, here lies the conundrum...

If I mention it, it tips off someone who hasn't seen it, therefore ruining the effect for others.

A disruption of the meta-consciousness, if you will.

However, in the spirit of the thread, I'm gonna say...Deus Ex (the game).

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2005, 17:59 »

the end of Ultimate Spiderman, not because it was good but because I say it on Cinematech before I beat it.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
« Reply #7 on: 01 Nov 2005, 01:25 »

WARNING TRIGUN! SPOILER

I wish my mind had been wiped so that i never heard about Woolfwood dying, and I'd also like to see it again for the first time. I cried.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

kidgotham

« Reply #8 on: 02 Nov 2005, 13:29 »

I would wipe about half of Buffy from my mind. Most notably "Hush" because the first time i saw it, the floating ghouls freaked the crap out of me.
Also, Memento was not nearly as good the second time, so i would add that to my list

kidgotham

« Reply #9 on: 02 Nov 2005, 13:30 »

I would wipe about half of Buffy from my mind. Most notably "Hush" because the first time i saw it, the floating ghouls freaked the crap out of me.
Also, Memento was not nearly as good the second time, so i would add that to my list

*BB3*

« Reply #10 on: 02 Nov 2005, 13:55 »

definatly the buffy musical episode!!!!!
pete

Merkava

« Reply #11 on: 02 Nov 2005, 19:34 »

Quote from: Hat
I would wipe the puppet episode of Angel. When I first heard about that episode, I refused to believe that it could be possible, or that they'd keep him as a puppet for anything more than half an act tops. When that little furry hand popped out of the wreckage at the end of the first act, I choked with mad glee.

Hells yeah.

"I DO NOT HAVE PUPPET CANCER!"

I might just say the entire Connor arc, just because I saw random bits of it before getting the DVD's and watching it all in order, and it would be nice to not see everything coming.

Aaahhh, Angel. How brilliant you are. :P

Schmendrick

« Reply #12 on: 03 Nov 2005, 16:30 »

'Star Wars' I mean how cool would it be to have no idea that Luke and Laya were brother and sister and that Darth Vadar was their father? Too cool for words that's how cool.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #13 on: 03 Nov 2005, 19:58 »

Fight club.  I remember seeing it the first time and being blown away, and during that daze I didn't think but thoughts came and went.  I found myself there for a while and I'm afraid I've become addicted to that feeling.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

peep101

« Reply #14 on: 04 Nov 2005, 06:34 »

I'd like to say Spaced aswell but I'm not so sure.  I love it so much it's like an old-friend now but when they first showed it on TV in the UK I thought it was crap.  It wasn't until a friend plied me with beer and a DVD player a couple of years later that I really appreciated it.

What if my 'new' first watching experience wasn't as good as it was back then!?!

Not to be sycophantic but it'd be nice to wipe my memory of QC, then I'd have something interesting to take my mind off essays.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #15 on: 04 Nov 2005, 09:48 »

Fooly Cooly.
The beauty of the show is in its complete lack of sense, unless you really watch it over and over. I loved that feeling, and unfortunately, i saw the last 2 episodes first.
I really want to know what it would be like watching it and truly having no clue what the fuck is going on.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #16 on: 04 Nov 2005, 11:46 »

The Empire Strikes Back would probably be more interesting if the shocking plot twist revelation wasn't repeated every three seconds by everyone in the world and I had no clue as to the truth about Luke's father.

This would also require knowledge of the prequels to be wiped from my mind since they are all about Luke's father. That doesn't sound too bad.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #17 on: 04 Nov 2005, 14:39 »

I would choose to see the last episode of Cowboy Bebop again, it was just too damned good.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #18 on: 05 Nov 2005, 03:33 »

The Matrix.

I want my mind erased of the memory of seeing Dark Water but not because I enjoyed it. That was a whole load of sucky.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Bunnyman

« Reply #19 on: 05 Nov 2005, 05:18 »

I'm gonna go WAY back.

First time I saw Doom.  Never been quite so awestruck since.

"Holy shit, you can go up and down stairs and you don't move to the next level!"

Last time a FPS was a strange, mystical beast of dread potency.  Such a rush.

La Creme

« Reply #20 on: 05 Nov 2005, 13:52 »

TV Show: LOST. The whole first season.

Movies: Fight Club, Memento, and The Machinest.

Luke

« Reply #21 on: 05 Nov 2005, 15:07 »

Survivor. I would watch all of those series over again nonstop if I could.

Kidding!

I'd probably say NCIS; that's a pretty kickass TV series, but I don't get to watch it often. Also, I have to concur with Stranger Dan's comments on Star Wars. They would've been much better if the "secrets" hadn't been revealed by every-freaking-one around me (I was rather slow to catch on to the Anakin-Darth Vader connection, to be honest).

Meh. Whatever you say...

« Reply #22 on: 11 Nov 2005, 18:47 »

Uhm, yeah.

I'd have to say the movie The Jacket.

Oh my god, is that movie amazing or what?

Whoever hasn't seen it is missing out.

Like, woah.

</3 Kerry

visceralviscous

• Emoticontraindication
    • lastfm!
« Reply #23 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:51 »

hrm.
juliet of the spirits. :)

visceralviscous

• Emoticontraindication
    • lastfm!
« Reply #24 on: 11 Nov 2005, 19:52 »

Quote from: neomang5
Fooly Cooly.
The beauty of the show is in its complete lack of sense, unless you really watch it over and over. I loved that feeling, and unfortunately, i saw the last 2 episodes first.
I really want to know what it would be like watching it and truly having no clue what the fuck is going on.

and that, too. i adore that series to infinity and beyond..

EDIT: and most miayazaki stuff would be great to resee for the first time also..... especially spirited away.

Grumpus

« Reply #25 on: 12 Nov 2005, 15:58 »

Kill Bill 1 & 2. I has friends who loved it so they had already spoiled nearly the entire plot in detail before I saw it. They had described half the moves and lines for chrissake! I love those movies to an unnatural point.

Kelamin

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #26 on: 18 Nov 2005, 15:03 »

The Usual Suspects
Shawshank Redemption

There's a few movies like that but i can't think of any more at the moment
"I miss you cupcake"
Pages: [1]   Go Up