THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 14:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FILE ! ERROR  (Read 4153 times)

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
FILE ! ERROR
« on: 15 Nov 2005, 20:54 »

Well for almost a year my ipod was down and out, with the dreaded file error thing, but tonight after many nights of frustration, my ipod randomyl started working again, so to all those who suffer from this file error thing, keep tring to di the restore thingy the site tells you to do, it works, eventually.

Madbrood

FILE ! ERROR
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2005, 06:09 »

See, for me, this is just another reason for people to NOT buy an iPod. Yes, they look smart. And to be honest, I think the wheel is the best interface out there.

But they're so damn unreliable. My friend bought a 60GB colour iPod, and as a joke, I started counting the first time he powered it up.

Thirteen seconds.

That's how long the damn thing lasted before it up and died. Don't even start me on the chrome back (and don't start preaching to me about brasso- customers shouldn't HAVE to restore things mere weeks after purchase) or the battery life.

I'll stick with my Creative Zen :P

-Mike

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
FILE ! ERROR
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2005, 15:18 »

i don't know of anyone who've had problems with their iPods

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
FILE ! ERROR
« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2005, 18:31 »

I've had my iPod for about two years.  The nice thing about iPods is that they keep track of the number of times a song has been played all the way through, which lets you estimate the total amount of time that it has been operating (since, you know, I require data).  This is always an underestimate since it doesn't register a playcount if you don't play the song to the end.
Multiplying the length of each song by its playcount, and summing, my iPod has seen 3844 hours of operation, 160.2 days.  So, over the past two years, it has been playing songs at least 22% of the time.  And it's still fine.  It has been up and down the East coast of the US, to Italy and even to the desolate plains of Ohio and is still working just like it should.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

AdamIsConceited

FILE ! ERROR
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2005, 11:49 »

I love my Ipod... haven't had any problems except for the occasional crash that required a rebooting.

emmie

FILE ! ERROR
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2005, 03:00 »

I'm on Replacement iPod Number Three at the moment. I could have saved myself so much trouble by taking the damn thing back as soon as it died, instead of trying to sort it out myself until the day before the warranty expired. >_<
Pages: [1]   Go Up