THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A drawing of mine  (Read 13427 times)

Rawr and Stuff

A drawing of mine
« on: 19 Nov 2005, 09:54 »

Here is a drawing I did not too long ago. Any comments or critiques are a great help and really appreciated.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/mygreeneyes/manakin_02.jpg

soulmoose

A drawing of mine
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2005, 10:25 »

Hot damn! That's effing amazing! The suit stands out the most to me, very suave indeed.

Stifled Dreams

A drawing of mine
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2005, 10:19 »

I like it a lot! The colors you picked work very well together.

For critique, the only advice I can give you is to go back and look at the shading on the figure and the figure's shadow. Some of it doesn't work - for instance, I think the shadow should be pointed slightly the other way. I actually just took another look at it, and I think that it may've been more me being confused, though. So don't feel like you need to change anything. Great job!

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
A drawing of mine
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2005, 10:19 »

This drawing is better than art I've seen in the Academia in Florence.
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

Mollinda

A drawing of mine
« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2005, 09:51 »

It is very Kubrick Clockwork Orange - it scared me slightly. I agree about the shading, but apart from that tis fab!

Sonet

A drawing of mine
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2005, 10:57 »

Was the guy drawn in MS Paint? I ask in all seriousness... I've done quite a bit of work in Paint, myself.

It's certainly a cool piece. There are just two things that stick out to me... One, literally, the neck. It's too long. If that was intentional, that's all well and good, but if you were going for anatomical accuracy, yeah, it's definitely too long. Two, the shaky line quality of the manakin, in contrast to the sharp edges in the rest of the piece. I think it would look much better if the manakin was cleaned up and given the same crisp line quality as everything else.

Rawr and Stuff

A drawing of mine
« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2005, 17:13 »

Hey, thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments! :)

No, this was not done in MS Paint. The guy was drawn out on paper and then the background and coloring was done in Photoshop.

Thanks for the tip about cleaning up the lines, I'll definately keep that in mind in the future.

Once again thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up