THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 03:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aeon flux  (Read 4294 times)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
aeon flux
« on: 20 Nov 2005, 17:35 »

I was strolling around near Penn Station earlier, and I saw a billboard on the side of a building that was a huge picture of Charlize Theron as Aeon Flux.  Now I wasn't a big fan of the show, but the sight of that billboard filled me with dread.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
aeon flux
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2005, 19:19 »

Yeah, I saw the preview for it the other day. From what I saw it seems to have lost most of its sinister, paranoid, conspiracy feel and is more of a straight action "blockbuster". Seems like a missed opportunity if you ask me.

However, because it falls into the comic/video game adapted to movie category I will have to go see it. Sometimes it is hard work being a geek.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
aeon flux
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2005, 19:25 »

1/2 of aeon flux was the cool animation style. I love that studio's work. the other half was the wierd shit that happened or existed in the movie.

Like how the leader lived(?) inside a hyper-vibrating fat man, and he had to wear a vibro-belt to "exist on the same plane" as the fatman.
also israel

hoax

• Plantmonster
aeon flux
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2005, 21:34 »

Now I know absolulety nothing about the show/comic/game/whatever the movie is adapted from, but I can almost garauntee that I will see it just to see Charlize Theron in a black cat-suit.  I am what's wrong with the viewing public, and damn if I don't know it!  :)
"Don't worry, I don't have low self-esteem.  It's a mistake.  I have low esteem for everyone else."
--Daria Morgendorffer

heretic

aeon flux
« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2005, 21:59 »

yeah, it seems like a pretty big departure from the show. and i personally dont like charlize theron for the role. i dunno if it's in her range to do that much action, or if she would agree to fake breasts, but i'd like to see helena bonham carter do it, i think she has the right look.

first person to say angelina jolie gets a dog-poop-covered-stick to the ear.

Vlishgnath

aeon flux
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2005, 09:40 »

Aeon Flux was a filthy, twisted, anti-neotopian mind fuck.  The movie looks like shit by comparison.  The guy playing Trevor Goodchild has the look, but the dynamic between he and Flux isn't going to make it to the script.

Sad.  I have such fond memories of Liquid Television.

I just hope The Maxx isn't next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up