THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 02:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bible Game  (Read 5852 times)

RedLeather

The Bible Game
« on: 22 Nov 2005, 08:39 »

Okay, i saw this, at the local videogame rental place....It makes me curious how you can adapt that big of a book....to a game..for kids if you ask me...the bible isn't exactly PG-13....but if anyone else has seen this horrifying thing, please, discuss!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
The Bible Game
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2005, 08:58 »

I don't know about the specific game you are referring to, but I've seen Christian videogames before.  In general, they suck.  One was a first-person shooter where you shoot crosses instead of bullets, and the people you hit are "converted," not killed.

As for how to adapt the book for kids, the Disney approach isn't exactly a secret.  Just gloss over all the "bad" stuff and make it seem cuddly and cute.  Awww, lookit the cartoon baby Jesus!

ADDITION: I just googled "christian video game" to try to find the articles I've read before and stumbled on this site:
http://www.cgdf.org/christian_games.html

RedLeather

The Bible Game
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2005, 16:08 »

I hate you Hocking, with the burning pasison of a billion suns, those companys...just make me want to murder them, then kill myself painfully afterwods...You are just eeeevil!

Edit: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/thebiblegame/

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
The Bible Game
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2005, 16:13 »

from what I have seen it is like the christian version of the guy game, not that I actually got any where near that travesty of a video game

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
The Bible Game
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2005, 17:06 »

Guys, some Christian games are actually really good.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
The Bible Game
« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2005, 11:37 »

Quote from: Blue Kitty
from what I have seen it is like the christian version of the guy game, not that I actually got any where near that travesty of a video game

You can't anymore (unless you already bought it), one of the topless girls was under 18 when she posed, so they had to stop making it.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

soulmoose

The Bible Game
« Reply #6 on: 25 Nov 2005, 11:44 »

I was in Hollywood video last night and I saw this Bible game. What really made me laugh the most is that from the cover of the game, the main character seemed to be wearing a cowboy hat. All three of the copies of it were checked out however...so, somebody out there has to like it.

RedLeather

The Bible Game
« Reply #7 on: 25 Nov 2005, 20:03 »

I know who. Christian parents who take responsibility and checkover the games their christian kiddies rent!

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
The Bible Game
« Reply #8 on: 27 Nov 2005, 02:36 »

diablo and diablo 2 had some christain morals.. ya know go slay satan be a warrior of christ ect.

ill stop talking now.

Jamoky

The Bible Game
« Reply #9 on: 30 Nov 2005, 19:56 »

Quote from: FreshJive787
diablo and diablo 2 had some christain morals.. ya know go slay satan be a warrior of christ ect.

ill stop talking now.

the only christian morals in that game were on b.net, in form of "LOL STFU FAG"

Sythe

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ><DICK>
The Bible Game
« Reply #10 on: 01 Dec 2005, 09:07 »

SomethingAwful did a review of Saints of Virtue. The weapons: intense! (sword, sword launcher, sword thrower) The mission: critical! (kill floating head things that are supposed to represent the seven deadly sins).

I'd post the link, but I'm at a good Christian school, and their webfilter blocks sa.

ED: Wait, Catechumen looks fun! God tells you to kill stuff, and its all peachy. Satan is leading Rome. The Scriptures heal you. Drill Sword?!?!?!!!!!
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
The Bible Game
« Reply #11 on: 01 Dec 2005, 11:19 »

Catechumen may be the game I was talking about.  It certainly looks similar to the one I read about before.  The fact that it's developed using the Genesis engine leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote from: RedLeather
I hate you Hocking, with the burning pasison of a billion suns, those companys...just make me want to murder them, then kill myself painfully afterwods...You are just eeeevil!

Know thy enemy.

RedLeather

The Bible Game
« Reply #12 on: 01 Dec 2005, 16:34 »

-Mutter- Know thy enemy..-Mutter, grabbage for BFG ammo, mumble.-

unhealthyaddiction

The Bible Game
« Reply #13 on: 05 Dec 2005, 13:02 »

what they really need to do is make a game based on the movie "frailty" and call that a christian game.

i've never come across a christian video game that didn't suck. but then, i can only think of two. i would have compared the bible game to a boring mario party over the guy game, but i guess it does have a lot of trivia too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up