THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 12:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweet-looking PSP titles  (Read 5669 times)

Sideways

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« on: 28 Nov 2005, 10:52 »

I swear to GOD, if this becomes a "MY PORT4BL3 IS B3TT3R T4HN URS!!!11one" thread, I will personally hunt down those to blame, and beat them to death with an XBox controller...

...And I'm talking about the old XBox launch controller... the one that weighed 10lbs.

PSP games that are looking good (for discussion, or just in case you were curious):

My, My... Katamari Damacy! (working title):

This time around you use the D-Pad, and the buttons (square, circle, triangle, etc) to push the ball around, instead of two analog sticks (obviously, since there aren't two sticks on the PSP).  That could be... interesting.  If they pull it off, then... WAHOOO... Portable Katamari!!!

Kingdom of Paradise:

Action-RPG with pseudo-fighting-game elements.  Essentially you build your own martial arts combos, using different styles of martial arts, and then assign the combos to an attack button, and run around in an Action-RPG world.  I suppose it would've been keen to be able to use proper fighting combos instead... but it still sounds like a neat system.  Better than just hacking with a sword over and over.  Graphics look sweet, voice acting in the cutscenes, and a supposedly massive world to explore.

Bounty Hounds:

Futuristic Action-RPG.  40 worlds, where your goal is to conquer.  Humanity is in a race to colonize as many planets as it can, to establish dominance of the Galaxy.  You play a conquistador, essentially... only you have over 500 weapons (guns, melee, etc) to use, with the ability to attach 3 to each arm, to bring on missions.  Sounds a bit like a GOOD version of Rengoku, with sprawling indoor/outdoor environments, and impressive graphics.

**lunchtime... I'll post some more that I found later.

Sideways

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2005, 12:38 »

...Continued

Field Commander:

Turn-based strategy game, set in the future.  Combat exists on land, in the sea and in the air.  Bases can be captured, allowing for unique weapons/advantages.  The graphics look pretty sweet.  It will come with a map/campaign editor too, as well as full multiplayer support (Online & Ad-Hoc).  This is supposed to be the first PSP game released which takes advantage of the PSP's unique processing abilities... in other words, this is the first 'next-gen' PSP game... the first title to - supposedly - fully harness the PSPs power.  While I may be skeptical, I have to admit that the screenshot does impress...

Star Wars: Battlefront - 2:

A trimmed-down version of SW:BF2.  While there are a few maps removed, and a few maps shrunk (PSP isn't *quite* as powerful as a PS2, after all), there are also a few game modes that have been added, with wireless/portable play in mind (Rebel Raider, Imperial Enforcer and Rogue Assassin).

Bunnyman

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2005, 22:25 »

Sony, why must you make me hate you?  I want to buy a PSP so badly now, but with that whole DRM thing I'd feel guilty supporting you.

Love,
     Bunny

Inanimate Object

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.psptown.com
Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2005, 06:01 »

But if you find on with firmware version 2.0 or lower, you can hack it and run homebrew and emulators. ;) That'll stick it to Sony!

The games I really can't wait for are the ones coming from Team17. They're doing portable versions of both Worms and Lemmings. Both look awesome.

Bunnyman

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2005, 22:50 »

HOLY SHIT.  HO LEE SHIT.

Jesus, can a game system's repetioire get any better?   PORTABLE LEMMINGS? PORTABLE WORMS?

I think I'm going to go into a fucking grand mal here and now.  This just can't get any better.

Sideways

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #5 on: 30 Nov 2005, 07:49 »

You're kidding... right?

My cell phone has the Lemmings and Worms games on it...

If you're trying to deteriorate this into a 'bash PSP thread', then remember... I have a 2 big XBox controllers that I rigged together so I can swing them around like nunchucks.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2005, 14:10 »

Metal Gear AC!D 2
I was a little less then excited about the first one since I heard that it would be a card battler but some how they pulled it off. This time around in true Kojima fashion he has put some sort of of goggle type thing over the screen. It is supposed to work in the game and it is said that it wil completely get rid of glare. I don't really know to much about it but I have played Boktai and making something unusual for the game is what he seems to do well.

salada

• Curry sauce
Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #7 on: 01 Dec 2005, 04:59 »

most of these look pretty sweet. what with all the HLAGHAGHLAGHLAGH that everyone has been making about katamari damacy i am kind of keen to give it a go. and a GTA port is always welcome for a bit o mindless violence. martial arts games are cool too. i was sad when there wasn't an oni 2. (i know this is a different thing, but still...)

Yasser

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #8 on: 04 Dec 2005, 08:17 »

http://www.magnacarta.jp/mcp/02.html
^ Magna Carta for psp, this looks so damn sweet!! only dissappointing thing is  is that it's a direct port of the ps2 game, Tears of Blood but still worth a look for rpg fans

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #9 on: 04 Dec 2005, 18:28 »

i think that i might try to pick one up second hand (so that Sony aren't getting any money on it, see?) and run "homebrew" games on it.  *cough*

either that or i'll wait until the price has come down and watch how Sony react to certain things that are happening at the moment.  this could really be a defining moment for Sony in my eyes.  if they fuck people around too much longer i will not be buying a PS3 or a PSP in a way that they get money from it.  only second-hand, and only chipped/whatever so that i can run burnt games where necessary.

ps: that Field Commander game looks freaking awesome.

DeceptiveAnomaly

Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #10 on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:08 »

No chips necessary to run games off of a memory stick off of it as long as you have older firmware. Get one with FW verison 2.00 or below and you can run any homebrew you want because you'll be able to downgrade to 1.5 through a series of hacks and then use even more hacks to play whatever you want. Yes Sony sucks at having security holes in this system and I love it :). If you want any help PM me or go to psphacks.net they have useful forums but just be sure to google it first. Yeah and I'm glad I bought mine before the whole DRM thing cause now I am boycotting and only use it because Sony doesn't like the way I'm using it :).

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Sweet-looking PSP titles
« Reply #11 on: 09 Dec 2005, 19:16 »

I've been waiting eagerly for some good PSP games. I'd like a nifty RPG or two.

Lumines is still getting the most play out of all my PSP games. Poor little thing.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up