THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 15:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Army of Darkness: Ash VS Re-Animator  (Read 17134 times)

Hostile

Army of Darkness: Ash VS Re-Animator
« on: 04 Dec 2005, 05:54 »

So... hi. The following post contains spoilers for AOD: Ash VS Re-Animator, which pits Sam Raimi's reluctant hero against the grotesque scientist Herbert West from Lovecraft's The Re-Animator story.

A few scans:

<3

As you can clearly see, this is absolutely fucking brilliant. So far the writing and art are both far superior to the patchy earlier AoD titles. Published by Dynamite Entertainment.

tasteslikeevil

« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2005, 12:26 »

Oh man, this makes me excited! I'd been tempted to take a closer look at the whole "Army of Darkness" comic series for a bit, but now that the great Dr. Herbert West is making an appearance there's no way I can resist!

I like how they seem to be sticking true to Re-Animator's Lovecraftian roots too, judging by that last page.

Sideways

Re: Army of Darkness: Ash VS Re-Animator
« Reply #2 on: 05 Dec 2005, 12:49 »

Quote from: Hostile
...So far the writing and art are both far superior to the patchy earlier AoD titles.

Huh?

Umm... it's the same artist as in the 'patchy' earlier AoD titles.

And the art is no better, no worse... still awesome.

Hostile

« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2005, 01:48 »

I'd say it's improved, it seems a lot sharper than the older stuff.

Just went ahead and bought the 3rd issue. <3

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4 on: 07 Dec 2005, 20:21 »

I really should buy these; They're right up my alley. I'm still tracking down all the issues of Transmetropolitan, and comics are expensive. :/
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Sideways

« Reply #5 on: 08 Dec 2005, 08:20 »

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #6 on: 08 Dec 2005, 09:57 »

That is honestly the best news I've heard in ever.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

ayePod

« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2005, 10:52 »

I have the entire AoD series (I have each different cover for each issue) and am working my way to getting the special collectors covers. I have all the issues of AoD vs Re-Animator but only in the comic covers.

I mean it's not Return Of The Living Dead comic series....Oh wait,it clearly surpasses that because it was fucking terrible.

Hostile

« Reply #8 on: 09 Dec 2005, 10:53 »

Quote from: ayePod
I have the entire AoD series (I have each different cover for each issue) and am working my way to getting the special collectors covers. I have all the issues of AoD vs Re-Animator but only in the comic covers.

That's bloody cool. :O
Pages: [1]   Go Up