THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 21:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: band/artist documentaries.  (Read 4353 times)

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
band/artist documentaries.
« on: 27 Nov 2005, 09:45 »

Basically what band/artist would everyone like to see a documentary made about?!?

My personal pick would probably be Jawbreaker just 'cause they are one of my favourite bands and the history of the band is pretty unique (Plus the soundtrack would be pretty awesome :-))

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2005, 20:38 »

Hmm.

Not quite on topic, but "The Year Punk Broke" is a top notch documentary about Sonic Youth (mostly) and Nirvana, Dinosaur Jr etc. Made in 1991 I think, so it was just before Cobain and co. became huge. Quite interesting, really.

Rawr and Stuff

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2005, 21:21 »

I'd like to see a documentary of Franz Ferdinand. After reading the band history, it just seems like it'd make a good movie.

TheMike

« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2005, 21:51 »

i'd like to see a documentary, or a mockumentary, on The Moldy Peaches. they rockingest mofos ever to rock. just judging by their music i think they must be like the most kickassingest band to ever write a song about ridin' bikes and watchin' cartoons.

Bunnyman

« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2005, 23:33 »

I can't watch a music docco with a striaght face after viewing Spinal Tap. So...a Behind The Music episode on mclusky?

Kenny Wallace

« Reply #5 on: 05 Dec 2005, 17:33 »

The Melvins.

Just so King Buzzo's hair can be on TV

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2005, 18:41 »

I really want to know more of the story behind Martin Walkyier's (Sabbat, Skyclad, The Clan Destined) life, partly because he is my musical God, and partly because I really want more background to my favouritest songs ever. How has his philosophy changed over the years? (there's a quite startling difference between say 'The Church Bizarre' from the Sabbat days and 'Swinging Like Judas' from the first and sadly only Clan Destined album) How many of the songs are autobiographical. I know he scraped by in pretty dire poverty during the 'Clads early years in particular from some of the scattered interviews with both himself and Dan Ramsey, about the time he wrote Prince of the Poverty Line...but has he ever been homeless? (More to the point, are 'Cardboard City' and 'Dog in the Manger' autobiographical? And for that matter, 'Dead Angels on Ice' and 'Fainting By Numbers') Why did someone with such an obvious intellect drop out of school at 16? Are 'You Lost My Memory', 'My Mother In Darkness' and 'Little Miss Take' about different women or the same dark lady? I mean, Martin is a frustrating git, because so many of his songs are personal that I feel like I know him, yet I don't.

ALSO, WHY DID YOU STOP MAKING MUSIC, YOU BASTARD? I DEMAND YOU COME BACK AND MAKE ALBUMS FOR MY SOLE SATISFACTION.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

ayePod

« Reply #7 on: 06 Dec 2005, 04:07 »

Since they have reformed/are reforming and will be playing shows on these shores ever so soon,I think it's time the kids learned about Lifetime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up