Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X3  (Read 10169 times)

Excecior

X3
« on: 07 Dec 2005, 19:18 »

well they are indeed making a new X-man movie but this one is from a new director, dont fret though all the cast is back plus some, not much is known about it but there is an official trailer out there now if you want to go find it, all i have to say is i heard Psylocke is in it!! she is my favorite EVAR, also there are quite a few pictures of Angel

Micolithe

X3
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2005, 20:07 »

I haven't seen the trailer, but if Gambit is in this I can almost garuntee that there will be numerous references to Hurricane Katrina.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
X3
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2005, 20:44 »

from what I have heard Gambit will be in it and so will Beast.  What I am a little perplexed about is that Kelsey Grammar is playing him

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
X3
« Reply #3 on: 07 Dec 2005, 23:19 »

I am the only person on the internet that doesn't think Grammar is a bad choice for the Beast. I don't think he's the best choice either, but I still think its pretty cool.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

AbsolootGeek

X3
« Reply #4 on: 07 Dec 2005, 23:55 »

No, you're not the only person.  I actually think he's a damn good choice.  Make-up artists can do wonders, and his voice and overall demeanor are definitely very Beast-like.  

And I'm probably gonna disappoint a lot of people, but from what I've heard, Gambit was supposed be in it, but they pulled his character.  I can't cite an official source on that though, so take it for what it's worth.

Either way, I'm psyched!

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
X3
« Reply #5 on: 08 Dec 2005, 08:06 »

Quote from: Blue Kitty
from what I have heard Gambit will be in it

WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU HEAR THAT?
Seriously, that would make me so happy.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
X3
« Reply #6 on: 08 Dec 2005, 09:21 »

I thought Kelsey Grammar was a good casting.  It'll be somewhat startling to movie audiences unfamiliar with the comics, but that's more to do with Beast's character than with Kelsey Grammar.  The personality and speech mannerisms are a good fit.  Sure, he doesn't look anything like Beast, but then who does?  Can you think of any furry blue hulking actors?

Sideways

X3
« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2005, 09:35 »

Guys... fuck... seriously.

Start using www.IMDB.com

(Internet Movie DataBase)

They know their shit, and they don't report rumour.  If they have a cast listing it's because they've received the cast listing officially.  If there is a tentative character/star for a movie, they mark it thusly.

It's an excellent resource.

X-Men 3 info

We got:

Professor X (Patrick Stewart)
Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)
Magneto (Ian McKellen)
Storm (Halle Berry)
Jean Grey / Phoenix (Famke Janssen)
Cyclops (James Marsden)
Mystique (Rebecca Romijn)
Beast (Kelsey Grammer)
Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones - "Bullet Tooth Tony" from Snatch)
Pyro (Aaron Stanford - Same actor as in X2)
Colossus (Daniel Cudmore - same actor as in X2)
Iceman (Shawn Ashmore - same actor as in previous 2 X-Men movies)
Dr. Moira MacTaggart (Olivia Williams - Actress who played Bruce Willis' wife in 6th Sense)
Shadowcat (Ellen Page - 3rd actress to play shadowcat character)
Angel (Ben Foster - "Hostage" "Phone Booth" & "Big Trouble")
Rogue (Anna Paquin - same actress as in previous 2 X-Men movies)
Multiple Man (Eric Dane - ?)
Omega Red (Vince Murdocco - professional kickboxer - also played 'Flesh Gordon' in 1989's 'Flesh Gordon 2')
Callisto (Dania Ramirez - apparantly had a role in 'Fat Albert' as 'Lauri')
Jubilee (Kea Wong - Played Jubilee in X2 as well)

There's no mention - anywhere - tentative or otherwise about Gambit or Psylocke.  It's unfortunate (as far as Gambit is concerned, fuck Psylocke... I wanted GAMBIT!!), and it's also unfortunate that it looks like there will be no return of Nightcrawler either, but the movie still has some VERY interesting additions, most notably; Omega Red.

Very interesting.

Oh, and if you guys paid attention to IMDB you'd also know about this little gem:

Wolverine Movie

Hugh Jackman is going to star in a Wolverine movie.  That's really all that's been announced so far, but the fact that he is already signed-on means it will happen... it will probably just take a few years (tentative release date of 2007).

Sideways

X3
« Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2005, 09:39 »

Incidentally... Grammer makes a VERY convincing-looking Beast.

Click me!

unhealthyaddiction

X3
« Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2005, 10:25 »

IMDb is greatness. they're very accurate and avoid rumors. for comic book movies, though, superherohype.com works really well for filling in all of the details. i check it every day during my lunch break. a lot of times they're just gathering links from other sites, but at least it's got it all gathered together.

for example, they posted a brief article about a promotional picture of colossus hidden on the x3 official website. ch-check it out. not bad. it looks fan-made, but it is actually on the x3 website.

as sideways pointed out, they've also said that gambit is NOT in the movie. they went as far as casting him, but decided they wouldn't have enough time to do him justice. pity, because that dude would have made a kickass gambit. that last link also includes confirmation that multiple man and moira mactaggart are in this one (too lazy to find the more specific confirmation).

i actually thought beast looked a little corny in that still. but he looks much better in the trailer without that silly snarl. and angel looks effin amazing! i'm surprisingly pleased with ben foster's casting. the trailer also shows juggernaut very briefly, and shows jean apparently as dark phoenix with magneto&co. juggernaut's costume is a little hard to get used to if you were expecting the red costume with the huge helmet from the comics, but it's really not too bad. also, it looks like colossus and kitty pryde will have stronger roles in this movie as they are in the opening scene of the trailer, walking down the hall with the team.

get excited!

edit: oh! one more thing. there are two other x-men spinoffs in the works in addition to the wolverine spinoff. one for magneto, and a possible third that is still a mystery to the public.

Sideways

X3
« Reply #10 on: 08 Dec 2005, 14:22 »

Wickedly-informative post, Unhealthy!

One thing I didn't realize, in reading about the removal of Gambit as a character, was that an X4 is now possible.  Singer had the series planned as a trilogy, but since he dropped-out (creative control issues with the studio, if I'm not mistaken) I guess the franchise has opened up to possible further sequels.

If they do X3 right... and it looks like they will... then I'll eagerly await an X4!

TheLoweringTide

X3
« Reply #11 on: 08 Dec 2005, 18:55 »

For the love of god, just call it X-Men 3.  I don't know who the marketing geniuses are who decided "X-Men 2" was too long and/or insufficiently "hip," "edgy" or "extreme," but I'm disappointed that they have yet to be fired or kicked in the face.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
X3
« Reply #12 on: 08 Dec 2005, 18:59 »

IMDb is not the end-all be-all of movie knowledge. They do fall to rumors and even jokes very often, because all information is submitted by users. Earlier this year they had Uwe Boll listed as director for Halo, which had all the XBox fanboys aroudn the internet get their panties in a twist.

Yeah, it's usually a really good resource if you need some quick info like Wikipedia but, also like WIkipedia, sometimes it reports that Jeph is dead.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
X3
« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2005, 11:52 »

It's a shame that Nightcrawler (Alan Cumming) wasn't signed back on for the sequel. He was always one of my favourite characters from the comic books. Another of my favourites was always Colossus, though I wasn't impressed with the young American character in X2. I like my steel skinned mutants big, mean, moody, and Russian.

Also, I'm curious about The Beast. What happened that made him blue and furry. I know orignially he was always a big hairy guy, but he wasn't quite as hairy, and certainly not blue, to begin with. I always
assumed it was something similar to the process Apocolypse put Angel through to turn him into Archangel. I'm also curious how they will explain the blue fur in the movie if it doesn't stick to the comic book history.
She looked me over and I guess she thought I was all right...
All right in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
X3
« Reply #14 on: 10 Dec 2005, 14:45 »

I remember seeing an interview with Hank McCoy in the previous film, looking very unbeastly. I suppose this film will introduce the transformation as seen in the later comics. He tries to get rid of his mutant genes or something? The blue isn't the mutation, he's already a mutant.

Personally I'm disappointed with Juggernaut. Excellent casting but he's tiny! Perhaps this is before the transformation thing he has? With the crystal thingy? I dunno...

Personally I never liked Gambit and I'm not sorry to see him out of this film. Throwing cards? What kind of pathetic ability is that...
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Gryff

• Summary sense... tingling!
X3
« Reply #15 on: 12 Dec 2005, 20:32 »

Yeah, Beast was trying to reduce his freakish appearance when he turned himself furry and blue. Scientific experiment gone wrong! Who'da thought?

Also, Gambit's ability is not "throwing cards", it is charging non-living material with kinetic energy. The cards are just a handy way of using his ability, which is actually versatile enough to charge things like knives, floors, Wolverine's skeleton, and even freakin' ZOMBIES.

That is cool.

le uber face du paups

X3
« Reply #16 on: 13 Dec 2005, 03:41 »

I watched the trailer before i saw the cast listing and the makeup artist that did Grammer deserves some sort of prize because i had no clue it was him. Although now that i do know it's him i half expect him to sit everyone down in the middle of the movie and start asking various characters whether they believe their need for violence stems from an oedipus complex and pent up agression whilst listening to wagner in a Frasierian manner. Ah well, looks so good though, but i wonder how Dr. Grey was recovered and why, as i gather from the trailer, she's on Magneto's side. Perplexing indeed, we shall have to wait til may though i guess.

-paups

Sideways

X3
« Reply #17 on: 13 Dec 2005, 08:53 »

She's Dark Pheonix now... she's not really herself.

Leonidas

• Furry furrier
X3
« Reply #18 on: 13 Dec 2005, 10:51 »

Personally I'm quite glad that there isn't going to be any Gambit in the movie. He always got right on my tits as a character to be honest. He threw energy charged playing cards, had a French accent and had designer stubble. Whoop de do!

I'm looking forward to seeing Angel in action though. I wonder also if the movie series continues we would see him becoming Archangel. Though of course for that to happen we would have to introduce Apocolypse into the scene. :)
She looked me over and I guess she thought I was all right...
All right in a sort of a limited way for an off night.

ExiledSmarmy

Whats a cyclops?
« Reply #19 on: 13 Dec 2005, 11:19 »

Somehow I can see James Marsden having this conversation.

Forgot to mention its from Penny Arcade.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
X3
« Reply #20 on: 13 Dec 2005, 14:52 »

Quote from: Gryff

Also, Gambit's ability is not "throwing cards", it is charging non-living material with kinetic energy. The cards are just a handy way of using his ability, which is actually versatile enough to charge things like knives, floors, Wolverine's skeleton, and even freakin' ZOMBIES.

That doesn't stop him being a loser who I hate... stupid throwing cards... n00b at powers!!!
I say bring on Apocalypse. That would be most excellent. I <3 him.
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

daviesmatt

X3
« Reply #21 on: 15 Dec 2005, 04:43 »

Vinnie Jones! I think he's the perfect choice for Juggernaught. I mean, a psychotic badass playing a mutant psychotic badass. No acting required.

X-men 3 should be awesome. I loved the previous 2, and it's gonna be great  that they'll be fighting other mutants again. Not to say that fighting evil army dudes aint all fine and dandy, but the fight scenes in this should be sweet. Wolverine v. Juggernaught except real. Well, realish.

unhealthyaddiction

X3
« Reply #22 on: 15 Dec 2005, 21:30 »

Quote from: Rizzo
Personally I'm disappointed with Juggernaut. Excellent casting but he's tiny! Perhaps this is before the transformation thing he has? With the crystal thingy? I dunno...

yeah, i've been really excited about vinnie jones from the start. i thought he might be a little too skinny (he's actually really buff, but for juggernaut...), but there's really no living man that's big enough to be juggernaut. and i kinda doubt that they even bother going into juggie's true origin story with the cyttorak gem. i wouldn't be surprised if they just make him a mutant like in the evolution series. shoot, i would. that'd save 10 minutes or so of film time. i just hope that he has the same powers. somehow i can't imagine this juggie, from the images i've seen, as being invulnerable and able to bring down whole buildings without slowing down. he doesn't seem to have much weight to him.

but i remember vinnie as sphinx in "gone in sixty seconds" and he was such a badass. he'll definitely have the attitude.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
X3
« Reply #23 on: 16 Dec 2005, 01:02 »

Yeah. Ah well, I have faith in Vinnie. I've yet to see him fuck up his role in any movie. I'm sure he'll be awesome.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
X3
« Reply #24 on: 26 Dec 2005, 08:37 »

Quote from: Gryff

That is cool.

My favourite thing he's charged has to be a wad of chewing gum.  Also, Gambit had a Cajun accent, not a French.  (That wasn't to Gryff by the way but who ever mentioned the French accent.)

I'm not sure what to make of X-Men 3 but will just have to wait and see.  Also, the lack of Nightcrawler is supposedly going to be explained in a video game that spans the gap between the end of the second movie and the begining of the third.

Autumn Rain

X3
« Reply #25 on: 26 Dec 2005, 19:27 »

I saw the trailer last week.. I dunno.  I'm not really impressed.  The previous iterations were great action movies, but they were also great at being complete fantasy grounded in reality.  From the very moment you see the generic slow-mo hallway walk at the beginning of the trailer, you can tell that the series lost the fanatsy aspect.  It's an action/war movie, cut and clear.  I can dig that, though I worry that it's gonna be a little paint-by-numbers.  Plus, if this is supposed to be 'the last stand".... Where the fuck are the SENTINELS?

I approve the choice of Kelsey Grammer, as I have no doubt that he can pull off the character.. But, the trailer shows Beat in the midst of the battle, getting ready to pounce.  Somehow, I'm expecting alot of CGI for Beast fights.  Or alot of cuts to a stunt guy.  I dunno.  Kelsey Grammer doesn't seem like the type of person that could pull off the acrobatics needed for Beast's fighting style.

Angel looks incredible.  Not sure about Ben Foster though.  I heard he showed alot of range in "Hostage", but most of his major work has been in comedies.

I'm really holding out hope, but the trailer doesn't give me the excitement that the trailers for the previous movies did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up