THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh I need presious help!  (Read 15106 times)

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« on: 19 Dec 2005, 19:50 »

Well hello every one, i whant to start a web comic (omg not an other one damned >_< hey hey hey) the problem is i have a hard time reprodussing my drawings, I work with basic equipment, did I mention basic, pen and paper...Does some one knows a good practice methode in the madness of reprodussing, tiried of only making unique drawings that are good and when i try to do a new square it looks like crap!!! I noticed there was some great talent here and i am sure some one could lend me a hand. Thank you in advence!!!

Rawr and Stuff

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2005, 21:28 »

I think the only true advice here is practice, practice, practice!

That and just do the same things you did in the first panel in the later panels. Definatley the only suggestions I have.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2005, 21:54 »

Also, learn to spell and punctuate. I mean that in the nicest way possible. However, no one is going to want to read a comic that's completely incoherent.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2005, 12:12 »

Mmmmm sorry for the spelling and ponctuations, but I am actuly french and of corse i will double check my spelling and ponctuation when I will be making it, I would rather do somthing flawless in as much way I can.

Sideways

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2005, 12:31 »

Ok... I /think/ you're asking about how to reproduce your characters... to keep them looking the same from comic to comic... is that correct?

If so, what I can suggest is as follows:

1 - Make your characters different from each other.  Dramatically different.  You don't want two blonde guys with spikey hair... no one will be able to tell them apart.

2 - Keep the design simple.  Don't get into heavy shading, or contouring.  Just keep it to clean linework, and you should be set.

Those are my suggestions.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:24 »

Well you see my problem is that, lets say i draw my self, on the next square i will look almost the same but in a different way, and for the shading this is another problem, i get to shade too much, since i don't do hair the right way i put alot of lines and shade it so it looks real good, but for that i am going to get black pens and transparent paper to ink the drawings instead.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:25 »

Oh i forgot, i could show you the drawings, but i don't think it be at its best since i own no scaners yet, i only got a web cam to make pics of them :P

Sideways

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:27 »

Web cam pics are better than nothing.  Go ahead and show us.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:39 »

ok right now the pictures have been took and i added a few of other work to show the style i have, witch is quite the manga.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:41 »

now i just need to post em up in photo bucket and than here, you must understand this is somthing i whant to do to cure my self from old stories, my drawings skill as been only with me when i could be with a speacial some one, thus now trying to get rid of this habbit, drawing without the emotions...

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2005, 13:50 »

Sideways

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2005, 14:10 »

I'll be honest, you have work to do.

That first picture... was it copied from something?

I don't mean to be rude, it just seems so much better than everything else.  The proportions in the face made sense, for starters.

I would say; go out and buy Bridgeman's Complete Guide to Drawing From Life, and carry it around with you like a bible.

Even if you want your style to be manga, still buy this book.  Every major manga artist started out by understanding perspective, and the human form.

Then, if you want tips on Manga, I have seen dozens of different 'drawing like Manga' books in stores like Chapters.  Some of them must be decent.

You're trying to define your style based in Manga... style will come with time, do not worry about what 'type' of art you're doing... just draw from life until you feel confident.  Draw trees, draw people, draw the sidewalk (seriously).  Draw everything you see, over and over.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2005, 14:14 »

Actuly the fist one, is my very first serious drawing i made, it was based on the manga called hellsing, but it was'nt copied, by that i mean it was'nt just a pic i copied of, i just made it from toughts, when i made one character on a page i do alot bether than when i try to draw smaller, smaller in my case s**ks realy hard, well thank you for the handy tip for the book, i will try to get my hands on it as fast as possible.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #13 on: 20 Dec 2005, 16:38 »

Well I tryed to take more realistic  messures to a sketch, I made it quick but its only to see if I am heading to somthing

Rawr and Stuff

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2005, 17:27 »

Another quick tip: Don't use lined paper! It makes the drawings worse!

If you do most of these at school, just grab a few sheets of computer paper and draw on that. It comes out a lot better.

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #15 on: 20 Dec 2005, 19:29 »

i know, but for all my scapies i do line, being poor, i rather use lined sheets tahn all my too good blank sheets! :P

Mollinda

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #16 on: 21 Dec 2005, 08:10 »

Quote from: Zeken
i know, but for all my scapies i do line, being poor, i rather use lined sheets tahn all my too good blank sheets! :P

Er sorry you can't be that keen to get better if you can't even sacrifice plain paper!

Zeken

Oh I need presious help!
« Reply #17 on: 21 Dec 2005, 08:22 »

O_O I keep my good paper for real drawings not for my scrap drawings, i don't have enought monney to buy stuff, i barely can aford my self clothing and god knows i don't have much, and franckly, the paper does'nt mather when it comes for training, the good papper for me is in when you actuly got the good stuff comming in, so if i use blank papper for the training and have no more paper to work on actual drawings that looks 10 folds bether than the scrap (exageration) how can i get my work to get bether if i have nothing to work on. In my book, spapy drawings don't need the bether material its only to train, but qualaty work in the other hand that need bether stuff. But of corse if i could aford the monney for more stuff, i would only draw on blanck sheet, i hate drawing on line paper, its too thin for when i get mad and start using my pencel like a dagger and the paper as a victim, in other words geeting rid of an awfull mistake with a blur, usaly my papper gets hurt, well i hate that, cuz than its not enjoyable when the papper as holes in them... -_-
Pages: [1]   Go Up