THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 20:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MPA Shuts Down Tabs Sites  (Read 3274 times)

TrueNeutral

MPA Shuts Down Tabs Sites
« on: 03 Jan 2006, 10:54 »

Not completely sure if this belongs here, but it IS about music, I guess.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4508158.stm

The MPA is shutting down all tabs sites like mxtabs or powertabs because they, apparently, infringe on copyright.

I am not happy. Bass tabs are hard enough to find as it is.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2006, 11:34 »

We already had a thread about this, but that was a few weeks ago and who gives a shit.

Although Powertabs put all their stuff down on their own will at the announcement of it, it still sucks ass. Seriously, I didn't get my chance to get as many as possible.

EDIT: Apparently actually www.ultimate-guitar.com basically took the entire powertab archive and without asking hosted it. PRetyt rude and not cool, but at least I can get my stuff for the time being.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2006, 23:03 »

Next week: The RIAA bans all people with musical talent from listening to songs, in case they play them themselves.

Following week: RIAA: "Those who sing songs in the bath, without even as much as an entertainments liscensce, are destroying the music publishing industry."

Also, I don't see how the RIAA has any right to make tab sites take down tabs that aren't for American artists. Personally, I put all my lyrics for my musical releases online myself and when I release my first folk album, I'm gonna publish the chord progressions and tabs. There is no fucking way in HELL that giving kids with meagre guitar talent the chance to play their favourite songs does anything but increase peoples interest in buying music. I mean, shit, my little sister just started playing the guitar, and not that I particularly WANT to hear mangled Garbage and Jack Off Jill songs blaring from her room at all hours, I'd never deny her the fun.

I know it's cliche, but if the music industry wants to save itself, it needs to stop ramming over-produced shite down peoples throats.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

sjbrot

« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2006, 23:54 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
There is no fucking way in HELL that giving kids with meagre guitar talent the chance to play their favourite songs does anything but increase peoples interest in buying music.

Amen.

Bunnyman

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2006, 00:19 »

This is why I listen to dense, incomprehensible IDM or light, bumpin' dance music.  No one gives two shits as to whether a 4-4 bassbeat on a TR909 has been copyrighted or not.  THe only time anyone raises a fuss is with the odd uncleared sample or two, but that's more a hip-hop issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up