THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 06:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Show of The Year  (Read 6381 times)

ayePod

Last Show of The Year
« on: 22 Dec 2005, 06:31 »

What will your last show of the year be? I'm going to my last major show tonight. Idlewild playing a hometown full acoustic set and full electric set. It's going to be awesome. Then I'm going on a small local venue tour with my friends band and then I'm playing on New Years Eve in my basement.

What will your last show be?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Last Show of The Year
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:36 »

Local metal act Sentenced to Rebirth. Dive club. Tonight.

This is probably. There's a chance that I might go to a new years party where an awful scene band plays. I shall most likely take drugs and think they're amazing.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

ayePod

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2005, 08:55 »

Take drugs and then kill them. Blame it on the drugs. This is a win-win situation.

nescience

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #3 on: 22 Dec 2005, 10:23 »

I'm trying to go see Trans AM, the Fucking Champs, and the Fucking AM play New Years in SF, but I'm not sure any of my friends will want to see it.  If not, that would make a Hey Willpower show the last of the year, and choreographed dance ain't half bad.

StupidityKills

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2005, 10:40 »

I'll be working whilst The Suspects play on NYE. Those three dreaded words, Big Band Soul. *shudder* oh well, it will be the one night we're allowed to drink whilst serving. Should be interesting. :)

Sideways

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #5 on: 22 Dec 2005, 10:47 »

Quote from: ayePod
Take drugs and then kill them. Blame it on the drugs. This is a win-win situation.

That's exactly right!  Only cool people do drugs!!

[rollseyes]

My last show was.... a month ago.  The Agnostics.

rive gauche

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2005, 10:51 »

Condescension is almost as cool as taking drugs.

RUMBLEMOOSE

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2005, 10:56 »

My last show was Monday night, probably (weird night for a show). Ocean and Nachtmystium opening for Sunn O))).

This is obviously not counting the weekly open mic night I play bongos at, because why would that count? Really?

Nescience: By the way, I'd want to go see the Fucking Champs and Trans Am with you, but living six thousand miles away from the venue is a bit of a sticking point for me. Sorry.

ayePod

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #8 on: 22 Dec 2005, 15:38 »

Quote from: Sideways

That's exactly right!  Only cool people do drugs!!

[rollseyes]

My last show was.... a month ago.  The Agnostics.

I'd just like to point out that the biggest stimulant I've ever done is caffeine.

psilogen

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2005, 15:45 »

I'd just like to point out that the biggest stimulant I've ever done is caffeine.

Meth has a smaller molecular weight than caffeine, you tweaker.

(Of course I am kidding)

I think my last show of the year was actually in May when I saw NIN at Coachella! I almost got to see Wolf Parade and Front 242 in Spain, but I was travelling both days. Missing those shows was hell of disappointing.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Last Show of The Year
« Reply #10 on: 22 Dec 2005, 18:35 »

Ketamine isn't a stimulant...........
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Kid Modernist

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #11 on: 22 Dec 2005, 18:38 »

Unless I went to one and can't remember (possible, my mind is shot at the moment), the last concert of the year I went to will be Nov. 1, Ris Paul Ric plus some other bands I didn't really care for much.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Last Show of The Year
« Reply #12 on: 22 Dec 2005, 18:47 »

Barring something unexpected happening next week, my last show of the year will be tonight's Darren Hanlon Christmas gig at the Northcote Social Club, a lazy 10-minute bike ride from my home.  I can't imagine a better way to see out the year.

FutureLooksLike

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #13 on: 23 Dec 2005, 14:42 »

Saves the Day at the TLA in Philadelphia.

Cobra Kai

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #14 on: 23 Dec 2005, 14:50 »

I saw Cave-In on wednesday night. Probably last show of the year.

toolazytothinkupaname

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #15 on: 23 Dec 2005, 16:42 »

Sorry to bore anyone (everyone) with chit-chat, but I couldn't see StupidityKills' avatar and not tell him/her how cool that makes him/her. Noel Fielding is a monkey genius. But what would he do when confronted by the abyss...? I see you are a fellow Bristolian, are you going to see the Boosh at the Hippodrome in March?

More on topic, the last band I saw this year was a week ago. My good friends Roxanne and the Early Years. She was very cool. If there are any other Bristol people here (including StupidityKills) make sure you go to one of her label's (Stitch Stitch Records) gigs some time. They are often very small but very fun.

Tom.

surefunk

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2005, 12:19 »

looks like my last show of the year will be tonight- the heartless bastards at the northside tavern in cincinnati.  i think healthy white baby is opening.  should be great.

perenialloser

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2005, 13:14 »

My last show this year was Biffy Clyro in Dundee. About a fortnight ago as well.

Good shows near me happen once in a blue moon unless I'm willing to travel for hours at a time. It's kinda sad...

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
Last Show of The Year
« Reply #18 on: 29 Dec 2005, 13:35 »

My last show will be seeing a few friends bands play at the Jubilee on new years. One of the bands is a really awesome Prog Metal group called Arcane, one is pretty much the best Iron Maiden ripoff band I have ever seen called Metallurgy, and the other band is a Black/Death Metal group called Empyren. I have been assured they are "pretty good" if you're into black metal, and their keyboardist sometimes just wails out some Strauss in between songs, which is kickass, but I seriously can't stand their vocals and guitars.

Sometimes I will just yell Clive BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR at them over and over again during a set, and it kind of sounds like I'm singing along.

I am also meant to be going to a house party, and there is probably going to be a vaguely danceable pop-punk band there, but I'm going to be too busy lining up whiskey shots so I don't have to buy them in town.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Cpt.Fantastic

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #19 on: 01 Jan 2006, 17:26 »

My last show was on the 27th. My band playing at my (dad's) pub.

Rock on and stuff.

Also, Khar, you know ketamine is a Class C as of yesterday? I'm sure going to miss legally taking horse tranqs.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
Last Show of The Year
« Reply #20 on: 01 Jan 2006, 22:25 »

I went to see my friend's friend's band play. They sucked, but I did fall in love with a group of quirky 17-year-olds named The Diamond Teeth that played some of the most fun and intersting indie rock tunes I've heard in a while! They friggin' rocked out!
I like the way you work it.

Octillus

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #21 on: 01 Jan 2006, 22:56 »

Saw my cousins' punk band the PAWNS (stands for "Power and Wealth Need Slaves") play at a local club. They're pretty rad, and they brought one of the bands they met when touring Europe called The Vals, but they sucked. Some other punk bands were around, but they weren't special.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Last Show of The Year
« Reply #22 on: 02 Jan 2006, 06:30 »

My last show of the year was November 7th >_>

Or the one I played on Christmas Day, depending how you look at it.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Dirk

Last Show of The Year
« Reply #23 on: 04 Jan 2006, 07:21 »

my last show in 2005 was: we are scientists and editors in 'le botanique' (in brussels)
Pages: [1]   Go Up