Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hostel  (Read 3432 times)

mooface

Hostel
« on: 08 Jan 2006, 08:02 »

AWFUL. AWFUL.  AWFUL.

it starts off like an unfunny wannabe eurotrip, except with more boobies.  then halfway through they decided "okay, so we've overloaded on drugs, sex, and booze so now what are we missing?  oh yes, VIOLENCE AND GORE!"

which makes the second half an uncool wannabe saw except with no plot twist.

oh wait... did i say plot twist?  haha, that's funny... because for a plot twist there would need to be a plot there in the first place.  but there isn't one.  just boobies and then fingers getting cut off.

i didn't want to go see this movie in the fisrt place, but i was dragged there because it was my last night with my friends until summer, and apparently quentin tarantino is in the credits.

guys.  quentin tarantino did not direct this movie. he showed up on set, ate a bagel, and then they stuck his name in the credits because they figured it would sell more tickets and they were right!

i wanted to walk out halfway through (this is the first time i have ever wanted to walk out of a movie) but my friends wanted to stay and see if it got better.  they were hoping for a plot twist like there was in saw. (again... when there is no plot in the first place there can be no twist)  so if you get sucked into going to this movie, and halfway through you think to yourself "this is absolute crap... just walk out and get a refund.  it's not going to get any better, only worse.

do i sound bitter?  because i am.  i am pissed that all the main characters did not die because halfway through the film i already i wanted them to be killed off for being such mysoginistic assholes.  also, somebody owes me $7 and a piece of my life back after that steaming pile of turd.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
Hostel
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2006, 09:36 »

Its just your average crapass horror flick with all the standard trappings,  creapy imagery, one survivor, gore and blood, loud noises to startle.  It was lame and boring, Quintin Tarenteno isnt doing anyone any favours by adding hype to crappy horror movies.

I give it a D-, would be D+ but the gore came after the boobs which really leaves you even more turned off than when you walked into the theater.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

ayePod

Hostel
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2006, 10:24 »

I will go along because it will be free. I love making fun of bad horror.

Rawr and Stuff

Hostel
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jan 2006, 10:27 »

I went willingly knowing how crappy it would be. But I have to admit, my friends and I had lotsa good laughs which was the whole point of going.

Bad horror = instant comedy

Laurie

Hostel
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jan 2006, 17:14 »

I love violence, don't get me wrong, but in the previews it seems way too... gratuitous. I don't like movies with that much gratuitous gore.

Give me a good ol' fashioned shoot 'em up like Boondock Saints.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
Hostel
« Reply #5 on: 08 Jan 2006, 19:42 »

Oh I forgot to mention how weak the characters are.  The male lead is this baby faced latino guy, Jay Hernandez or something.  He reminds me of Slater off of Saved by the Bell, only smaller and more of a petulant pretty-boy.

The best char in the movie, Oli, is the first to disappear/die.  Lets be realistic here.  He carried the movie, what with his "Of Course My Horse" or being the King of Swing, once he disappeared *snore*
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Bunnyman

Hostel
« Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2006, 23:28 »

I kinda skipped the whole issue and watched a movie which no one in their right mind could for mistake as good.

By which I am referring to...BloodRayne.

Good times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up