THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 12:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clerks 2!!  (Read 2736 times)

Reno

Clerks 2!!
« on: 12 Jan 2006, 06:15 »

The first was awesome, the second looks promising.  Clerks 2 Trailer

sjbrot

Clerks 2!!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2006, 11:06 »

I honestly thought that Kevin Smith wasn't going to make another clerks movie (at least not one that wasn't in animated form). And I'm pretty certain that he retired Jay and Silent Bob for good after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. But hey, I can't argue with this.

My guess is that he decided to go back to his bread and butter after Jersey Girl.

Alyxz

Clerks 2!!
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2006, 14:55 »

That's basically the story I heard a few months back.  Jersey Girl tanked a bit so he went back to the well.  Personally I think it's a big mistake.  Part of what hurt Jersey girl was that he was getting pigeon holed as a director and people resisted the change.  Another clerks movie and he pretty much seals himself as Silent Bob permanantly.

chupones

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • A mystery wrapped in an enigma stuck in suburbia.
Clerks 2!!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2006, 16:39 »

There's a bit more to the story.

Jason Mewes, otherwise know as Jay, had been dealing with quite a heroin problem. As a part of deal with Jason, Kevin promised that if Jason could get clean, he would write another Jay and Silent Bob movie for Jason (since Kevin was stepping away from the traditional Askew-niverse, there would a mimimum of opportunities to work with Kevin). Jason got clean. Kevin wrote a sequel to Clerks since he also wanted to return to something comfortable. Plus, he felt he had a little bit more to tell about Dante and Randall, especially after Clerks the cartoon was cancelled.

In any case, I'm looking forward to the new movie from Kevin since he's a pretty keen fellow.
I may not be a Flintstone, but I'll certainly make your bed rock. - Phil Ken Sebben
Pages: [1]   Go Up