THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 03:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Drawings (Advice and critique please!)  (Read 17895 times)

rovinbarnstormr

Random Drawings (Advice and critique please!)
« on: 08 Jan 2006, 18:04 »

In spare time (and to keep what little sanity I still possess) I've taken to drawing random stuff in my journal.  I've posted the best stuff at a webshots page and I would absolutely love it if people would take a look at some of it and let me know what you think.  Honesty is always appreciated; don't worry, my skin's pretty think, I can take it.  Thanks a lot.

P.S.- For all that it's worth they're all in chronological order (with the exception of the self-portrait)

RollOfDimes

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2006, 14:40 »

The self-portrait didn't have much depth, but for the most part I like em.. especially the piano one and the clock. Very very nice.

Stifled Dreams

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2006, 15:00 »

I'd like to critique, but I don't know which to talk about. Here are a few general things:
- Unless you really like pens, try using a pencil - that way, you can practice drawing in shadows and things will look more realistic. Lines will go down smoother, and when you want to make a whole area dark, it will be easier to make it the same shade. No joke.
- Don't draw on lined paper! Unless you are in school and there is nothing else, though, because drawing is better than not drawing. Get a sketchbook without lines if you have a chance! It is really cool that your drawings have become part of your journal, but you should give them their own special book because they deserve it.

I really dig the bottom part of "A Million Miles Away," it looks like you spent a while on it - something I'm incapable of doing. That's my favorite. The wall looks great. I also like the clock and the piano a lot, like RollofDimes. You should work on studying the human form - look at the way different people are shaped, because that'll help you draw people. Keep drawing!

rovinbarnstormr

The New Stuff
« Reply #3 on: 09 Feb 2006, 09:53 »

Ok, so I've gotten with the unlined paper thing (thanks for that!) and started using pencils.  There's a few new one posted with these media.  Check 'em out, let me know what you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up