THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 15:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Age Trance Music  (Read 3606 times)

Aram

New Age Trance Music
« on: 23 Jan 2006, 21:55 »

So last summer I was in Lebanon (the country in the Middle East, not Lebanon, New Jersey :P), I go there every summer to visit family. They're very big on Trance music over there, such as Paul Van Dyke, Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren, and Tiesto. All four of those artists/DJs came to Lebanon that summer (2005), and threw gigantic concerts. This thread is about your favorite kind of Trance music, and why you like it.

I like the four that I mentioned, because it was all that we'd listen to when we'd party in Lebanon. Mostly Paul Van Dyke and Tiesto, though. There's something magical about getting drunk and dancing with a girl through the misty hazes of Tiesto :P

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
New Age Trance Music
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2006, 00:24 »

I was going to say something, but I realized I had nothing positive to contribute to this thread.

So instead: hey!  Kitten!

nescience

New Age Trance Music
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2006, 01:34 »

Jarre.  I don't get any newer than that.

almost thursday

New Age Trance Music
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2006, 01:39 »

being a massive speedcore/extratone fan i'm meant to hate trance with all my heart, but some of it is really good, although i do prefer the darker stuff to be honest. the prollem with trance is, it's such a mess of genre's and sub-genre's now it's impossible to not at least like some of it. i mean saying trance music is like saying rock music, you know?

anyway, i like de niro, trancesetters, breeder (because i know si noble personally, although he insists that they were prog house), general midi, and i guess a few paul van dyke tunes, although not too many. i don't like ferry corsten tho.

MilkmanDan

New Age Trance Music
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2006, 10:39 »

What the shitting fuck is extratone? I demand links to examples of this genre, so I can prove that IDM isn't actually the worse genre name ever.

I don't really like Trance, but as already mentioned, there's so much of it about that you can't really hate it all. Unless you're lame.
Is Sasha trance? If so, I like Sasha. Airdrawndagger is a great album. Other than that, I guess the only stuff I can remotely get into is psy-trance. Hallucinogen, Space Buddha, Infected Mushroom, stuff like that. It's got the mutating acid bassline vibe to it that keeps me interested. Plus it's not quite so massively and unstoppably cheesy as most trance, so you can listen to it without being pilled off your face.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
New Age Trance Music
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2006, 13:36 »

Trance - the music you have to be on E to enjoy.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
New Age Trance Music
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2006, 17:02 »

Blacktrance.

So, basically, just Alien Vampires and Aborym - Chernobyl Generation.

Although I'm thinking of turning one of my musical projects into a blacktrance  project.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

almost thursday

New Age Trance Music
« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2006, 03:04 »

Quote from: MilkmanDan
What the shitting fuck is extratone? I demand links to examples of this genre, so I can prove that IDM isn't actually the worse genre name ever.

oh man, extratone is like the fastest genre on earth. it get's it's name because frequently the drums are so fast that they just become tones. if you head over to http://www.obseti.com/audio.html they have a few extratone mp3's you can listen to. the genre is really, really unpopular - to the point where no songs have anything even approaching production value, but i like it.

MilkmanDan

New Age Trance Music
« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2006, 03:18 »

DJ Fuckhead Megamix [shitcore, crapcore, noisecore, screamcore/analcore]

Analcore?
Regardless, that shit sounds like a retarded 12 year-old trying to make a noise song. I listen to quite alot of breakcore, I've even been to breakcore raves, but this stuff is just terrible. What the hell drugs are you supposed to be on to listen to this stuff?

almost thursday

New Age Trance Music
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2006, 04:34 »

oh man, all of them. i admit, extratone isn't for every one, but i like it. analcore i have no idea, i've never heard anybody describe their music as analcore except for the artists on obseti.
Pages: [1]   Go Up