THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 10:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whoa...  (Read 2794 times)

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
Whoa...
« on: 27 Jan 2006, 21:34 »

Man, I just saw the origanal "Tommy" movie, you know, the one made in the 70's based on the Who's rock-opera?  That was insane.  A 1 and a half hour music video done in awsomeness is all I can say, because thats all that it is.  Go rent it, or download it, or something.

If you don't know the plot (for the rock-opera), I'll sum it up for you...

guy and girl are in love, guy goes to war, they think he died, girl remarries, guy comes back, girl and new husband murder him. Tommy, the son, sees this, and goes blind deaf and dumb as a result of witnessing this.  He has a great affinity for pinball, and amasses followers.  Then one day, he regains his senses, becomes a Messiah, then looses favor with the people and becomes an average joe.  

Granted, my summary is crap, but, thats the basic gist of it...  in any case, if you haven't at least listened to the album, I highly suggest listening to it if you're in to the old stuff.  The movie is crazy though, 70's entertainment at it's best right there...
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Re: Whoa...
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2006, 01:39 »

Quote from: Bearer

Then one day, he regains his senses, becomes a Messiah, then looses favor with the people and becomes an average joe.  

That right there is reason enough to see it.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Whoa...
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2006, 06:57 »

Tommy is a great album, I can say that much.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up