THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshoppin'  (Read 24832 times)

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Photoshoppin'
« on: 07 Feb 2006, 09:50 »

Well, I've finally got started using Photoshop, thanks to my uni course. previously, I was using Paint, so my first experience with P-Shop was something along the lines of "ZOMG IMAGE-EDITINGGASM!!!"

here's a sig banner I made for myself and the EVE Online forums.

So yeah, post whatever photoshop wizardry you've come up with!
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2006, 13:23 »

i have to teach photoshop to the 2 media classes in the year below, last year when bruce taught them, he used the smudge tool and some even gasped...

a messing around invite for somsone's party... she's not using it
damn her

my avatar

the ultimate present

this took WAY too much time

i have a lot of these

Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2006, 15:20 »

Quote from: El-Rodente

the ultimate present[/img]

I want one...

ElRodente

• unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2006, 16:45 »

CMON GUYS

I AM ALL OUT, YOU POST SOME
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #4 on: 07 Feb 2006, 18:52 »

wow, uh... you officially do some weird shit there, dude...

Zeken

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #5 on: 07 Feb 2006, 19:27 »

well from your pics El i like the snake bird :P its awsome

Mrono

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #6 on: 08 Feb 2006, 00:21 »

I've just got a few, not that good at it really.

They are all linked to bigger ones

http://www.mrono.net/main/lazy-index.php?file=photoshop/nightshootingcombine.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.mrono.net/main/wp-content/plugins/lazy-gallery/lazy-img.php?file=photoshop/nightshootingcombine.jpg&thumb=0" alt="Mrono.Net" title="Mrono.Net" />
http://www.mrono.net/main/lazy-index.php?file=photoshop/friends2.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.mrono.net/main/wp-content/plugins/lazy-gallery/lazy-img.php?file=photoshop/friends2.jpg&thumb=0" alt="Mrono.Net" title="Mrono.Net" />
http://www.mrono.net/main/lazy-index.php?file=photoshop/candle.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.mrono.net/main/wp-content/plugins/lazy-gallery/lazy-img.php?file=photoshop/candle.jpg&thumb=0" alt="Mrono.Net" title="Mrono.Net" />
http://www.mrono.net/main/lazy-index.php?file=photoshop/dogoncrack.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.mrono.net/main/wp-content/plugins/lazy-gallery/lazy-img.php?file=photoshop/dogoncrack.jpg&thumb=0" alt="Mrono.Net" title="Mrono.Net" />
http://www.mrono.net/main/lazy-index.php?file=photoshop/retardfriend.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.mrono.net/main/wp-content/plugins/lazy-gallery/lazy-img.php?file=photoshop/retardfriend.jpg&thumb=0" alt="Mrono.Net" title="Mrono.Net" />

edscoble

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #7 on: 08 Feb 2006, 07:15 »

Some people clearly do have too much time in their hand, I'm rather sceptical that some of you went to the hassle of paying 600 quid on a professional application, so I'll steer clear of what i'll says next.

I tend to used mine for commercial business, sometime I like to used it for fun, and it's a brilliant way of making image stand out more, I have a budget camera, a Canon Ixus 30 (cost me only £150) but with Photoshop, you can easily altered the image that made it look like it's from a £800 DSLR camera

I took this in America, in San Diego, I really want this car.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2006, 01:37 »

Quote from: edscoble
Some people clearly do have too much time in their hand, I'm rather sceptical that some of you went to the hassle of paying 600 quid on a professional application, so I'll steer clear of what i'll says next.

You're quite right, I didn't. I used the copy that's installed on every PC in this university.

My parents have promised to buy me a copy as a birthday/christmas present, though. And if they can't, I'll just have to go to the hassle of buying it for myself.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2006, 19:51 »

I recently installed both Illustrator CS and Photoshop 7.0. I hadn't used either before, so i had to get someone to teach me the basics. I'm having fun in Illustrator, making really simple cool looking things, Photshop just confuses the hell out of me.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Catfish_Man

• Assorted Stuff
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #10 on: 09 Mar 2006, 22:21 »

I had some time today, was feelin' whimsical:

http://dscoder.com/artwork/reeeow.png

Referencing http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=361, http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=349, and the recent events, of course.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2006, 09:41 »

Nice mag, Cafish.

Number 485 makes me giggle like a 5-year-old girl every time I read it. Just the way Jeph drew the music screetching... Hehehe
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #12 on: 10 Mar 2006, 10:36 »

Quote from: El-Rodente

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

You are a strange person. I do like most of your work however.
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #13 on: 12 Mar 2006, 05:56 »

great stuff, everyone.  i second el rodente's reply about that bird thing though.  egads!

i've been working on some images that will be used to write songs around and then as live show projections for the electronic band Die Baaden Mienhoff Gruppe.  so far, i've done about fifteen images...not really sure what they're about particularly, i'm just running with ideas.  
anyway, here's one, reduced in size so it appears slightly glitchy; "you wear a precarious geometry"

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #14 on: 12 Mar 2006, 09:57 »

Quote from: Switchblade

You're quite right, I didn't. I used the copy that's installed on every PC in this university.

My parents have promised to buy me a copy as a birthday/christmas present, though. And if they can't, I'll just have to go to the hassle of buying it for myself.

Oh, come on guys. Photoshop was practically MADE to be pirated. Go with it.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

mrtuesday42

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #15 on: 12 Mar 2006, 11:12 »

yeah...just like cars are MADE to be brocken into...i mean come on...windows were made to be smashed into tiny bits...its just SOOO fun to watch...ahaha

Narr

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #16 on: 12 Mar 2006, 20:45 »

Quote from: Kai

If the guy wants to ever make money with the program (and lots of money can be made with it), he'll have to get a legit copy.

My dad has a legit copy of it for work purposes (he uses it to make logos, edit pictures, make .gifs and etc. for his website) and so I have a legit copy by extention.  I'm not very talented with the program, though.  The best things I ever did with it were make fun of my World of Warcraft friends.

This was my crown jewel.

Oh, and this one was pretty funny, too.

Good ol' Grizz.  That picture's out of date now.  I think his Warlock is post level 40 now, and his Rogue is level 60.

Freezey

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #17 on: 13 Mar 2006, 20:21 »

lately I've been using photoshop to colour drawings my friend makes... this is the most recent one: king kong ... the one that we printed to 11X17 glossy paper is obviously much larger, I kinda resized this one too much. It was fun to colour though- just scanned his inked drawing in b&w and coloured/textured it up with photoshop.

edscoble

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #18 on: 14 Mar 2006, 10:01 »

Quote from: Narr
Quote from: Kai

If the guy wants to ever make money with the program (and lots of money can be made with it), he'll have to get a legit copy.

quite so, I only pirate them when I was a teenager when I want to tried it out and see if I can get better, that was Photoshop 6, it was until Photoshop CS I can afford a copy (I was 19).

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #19 on: 20 Mar 2006, 01:15 »

Not really my work, but that of a friend. I DM a DnD campaign, and this is the cursed (albeit incredibly powerful) longsword his character got out of a white dragon's hoard.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/SwitchbladeUK/freezingblade5jpeg.jpg

It's called "Frostbite" He likes the weapon so much, he 'shopped together a bunch of elements from different sources to make a weapon he liked the style of. He's actually got a full photoshopped character portrait done as well, referencing all sorts of sources, but I don't have that picture.

jariku

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2006, 09:11 »

b3ta, anyone?

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2006, 13:52 »

Switchblade -

A one-handed curved-hilt, double-sided blade sword? That's gotta be the most awkward weapon to use... Looks to me like you'd put your index finger around the 'opening', in between the first and second spike.

Great looking sword, but hella awkward.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2006, 15:50 »

not my design. My friend did it.

And face it, it's a magic sword being done for a Dungeons and Dragons character. It doesn't HAVE to be realistic. Hell, it might not even have been designed to be used by a human...

Mostly, I think he was going for a sword that looked cool, rather than an actual practical weapon.

Mixtaperobot

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2006, 16:18 »

I don't usually spend much time photoshoping people's heads on panda bodies or anything (although that's fun too), usually I just attempt to draw in photoshop.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2006, 07:08 »

He, I would like to get into drawing, but well, time and miniatures that want to be painted... So atm I mainly use photoshop to resize pictures to make them fit as background :)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

DannoHung

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #25 on: 28 Mar 2006, 17:10 »

I use Photoshop for a fair number of things, sometimes image editin', photo tweakin', and doing goofy things to Christopher Walken's head.

I made this for a Final Project in a class on Game Design

This I took at Lake George, and I mucked with it a bunch to make it suck less

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #26 on: 29 Mar 2006, 06:17 »

Quote from: Mixtaperobot
I don't usually spend much time photoshoping people's heads on panda bodies or anything (although that's fun too), usually I just attempt to draw in photoshop.

For some reason that strikes me as a really cool picture
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

saturnine1979

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #27 on: 15 Apr 2006, 16:13 »

Quote from: Unosuke
Quote from: Mixtaperobot

For some reason that strikes me as a really cool picture

That's because it is a really cool picture.

Love the textures on that.
:D[/b]

Freelance_Physicist

• Plantmonster
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #28 on: 19 Apr 2006, 02:01 »

Justin

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #29 on: 19 Apr 2006, 22:31 »

haha, neat, but four armpits? groosss

Freelance_Physicist

• Plantmonster
Photoshoppin'
« Reply #30 on: 19 Apr 2006, 22:46 »

It's not so much the extra armpits that annoys me as much as the fact that I'm still not that skilled at playing.

Genetic engineering fails me again.

I should have stopped after cloning.

Lazy bums...

Heavy Duty AA Battery

Photoshoppin'
« Reply #31 on: 06 Jun 2006, 21:40 »

Here's a few that I made:

Pages: [1]   Go Up