Who would win in battle?

Max Payne
- 14 (58.3%)
The Master Chief
- 10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: 03 Jan 2006, 16:18

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Max Payne VS. The Master Cheif  (Read 9023 times)

Grumpus

Max Payne VS. The Master Cheif
« on: 03 Jan 2006, 16:18 »

This has bugged me for ages. On one hand Master Chief has his armour and advanced weponry but on the other hand Max Payne has bullet time and nothing to lose.

I'm going to have to go with Max Pyane here. His bullet time would mean he could place successive shots into the mastercheif's head before he could do shit.

Vs.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2006, 17:36 »

You are also forgetting that Max Payne has painkillers... lots and lots of painkillers.    I have a feeling Master Chief would win, but hell if it wasn't going to be a good fight.  Why would Master Chief win?  Simple,  purple rain.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

nescience

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2006, 18:47 »

I think Master Shake wins.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2006, 19:00 »

Your all forgetting, Max Payne is emo to the core, and everyone knows emo is short for emotional which is long for woman.  Now Master Chief on the other hand is Master and Chief, both words mean like, king-of-all-shit.  

Smart money is on the guy with the rechargeable shield and the Beam Sword.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jan 2006, 20:09 »

As much as i DESPISED Halo 2, Max Payne would stand no chance. Even supposing he used his bullet-time abilities to shot Chief in the head, HE HAS A HELMET. Plus, the man took on the flood single-handedly. No pussy pseudo-film noir star can take him down.

Only this man could
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 2006, 21:01 »

Quote from: Chesire Cat
Your all forgetting, Max Payne is emo to the core, and everyone knows emo is short for emotional which is long for woman.  Now Master Chief on the other hand is Master and Chief, both words mean like, king-of-all-shit.  

Smart money is on the guy with the rechargeable shield and the Beam Sword.

Yeah, but master chief has Cortana running around inside his head.
Case and point
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Rawr and Stuff

« Reply #6 on: 03 Jan 2006, 21:27 »

Master Chief is an idiot and NEEDS armor to win. Which he won't anyways. Cause he's from Halo. Which is a game on XBox. Which is teh evil crap. So case in point Max Payne wins. He proper wins.

drpepper_phd

• Plantmonster
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 2006, 22:23 »

Bullet time!!! Payne would pwn.
You know the taste of love- http://lamb.atspace.us/">Lemonade and Manic Blue.--Twin sister's Webmanga

crazybritishsteve

« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2006, 01:56 »

Payne would suck balls, because he does in fact suck balls. Master Chief would gun that muther humper down before payne could even start his emo crap. "Case in point", Master Chief is the bomb, yo.

Grumpus

« Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2006, 02:20 »

Emo. Bullshit. His Emotional problems give him the steely resolve to push on dispite all pain. When I say this man has nothing to lose I mean nothing. Okay I can apreciate that if the master chief hired a female to seduce him he might lose but that didn't save Vladamire and that's not the chief's style anyway. The cheif is just a slightly better armed than usual thug to the worlds best named DC.

Noir>Sci-Fi

Noir+Sci-Fi=Awsomeness squared but thats a disucsion for a different time.

Quote from: neomang5
Even supposing he used his bullet-time abilities to shot Chief in the head, HE HAS A HELMET.

Halo multiplayer has clearly demonstrated that a good couple of shots to the head will make short work of said helmet.

And by the way...

Quote from: neomag5
Only this man could

I liked him least of all the (anti-)heros in Sin City. He does kick arse though.

Bunnyman

« Reply #10 on: 05 Jan 2006, 03:57 »

You Master Chief lovers obviously never played Max Payne 2.  The man keeps going strong after being shot in the head, kicked over a 30-foot drop, shot in the head again, all while strung out on enough painkillers to sedate a small herd of cattle.  Max can take one hell of a licking and keep on kicking ass.  I swear, if you blew off one of his arms with a shotgun he'd look at you cockeyed for a moment and continue the fight (using only one gun this time).

thesonglessbird

« Reply #11 on: 06 Jan 2006, 07:04 »

Ive only played Halo 1 and Max Payne 1.

MAX PAYNE WINS THE PRIZE!!

He had those awesome dream sequences with the dead babies and all that shizzle. Halo had, what? Big purple aliens. OOOH.

ASturge

« Reply #12 on: 06 Jan 2006, 11:29 »

Well, first of all, Master Chief would OFFER to remove his armour.

What would be the point in fighting behind superstrong battlearmour?

Once the fight is FAIR, it would be Max Payne all the darn way.

Grumpus

« Reply #13 on: 06 Jan 2006, 12:21 »

I don't even think the master chief would need to remove his armour. Remember Max Pyane is an arsenal on legs. The Master Chief can hold only 2 guns and some grenades, big deal.

Bunnyman

« Reply #14 on: 06 Jan 2006, 16:15 »

The grenades stick to people, but, yes, the point still stands.

Max'd torch him with a molotov anyway.

Razzen

« Reply #15 on: 06 Jan 2006, 21:18 »

Master Chief is a Spartan. He flips warthogs (the jeep kind) and tanks. His armor has an energy shield, meaning the first twenty bullets, and I'm being generous,  don't count. His body has been honed physically and mentaly to be the perfect killing machine since he was a child... and then he had his body enhanced some more through science. He's the classic super soldier, a one man army.

Max has bullet time, extreme determination, a large arsenal, and enough drugs to knock out twenty retirment homes.

Max uses modern weaponry. While Halo's weapons arent that much different that we can tell, we have to assume they have improved over a couple hundred years. Thus his shield should be able to take more of a beating.

Looking at thier acomplishments we can see that MC has torn through an Empire that had nearly ground the humans into dust, while keaping hords of zombie-esque physically enhanced creaters know as the flood from infecting the entire universe.

Max Payne. Not quite as much.

Now, if you look at this from a factual point of view, not with your own bias toward the games or system, Chief edges over max. Its not cut and dry, as it all really comes down to whether MC can weather the blows dished out from Max's Bullet Time... but I think he can.

Rizzo

• Bling blang blong blung
  • R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2006, 21:36 »

See I'm reckoning that Max could easily get twenty bullets into the Chief with his double Uzis in bullet time. Once that's done and the sheild is down then all it takes is one or two molotovs in the right direction.

Besides, Chief didn't take down the flood single handedly, he had hundreds of troops helping him along the way. Don't you remember all the people who come along with you and shoot stuff up during the game?

Payne on the other hand took down an organised crime syndicate single handedly. Actually on his own.

What if Payne had access to Halo weapons? Then what?
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #17 on: 06 Jan 2006, 22:07 »

If MC was required to take on a 20th century era criminal syndicate.  Do you really think he would have problems?  No.  He could probably do it in an evening, before the opera but after dinner, with time left to go buy a pack of gum so he has good breath.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Grumpus

« Reply #18 on: 07 Jan 2006, 04:54 »

The advocators of MC's sheild are ignoring the fact that it gets taken down alot quicker when shots hit the head. Duel Desert Eagles anyone? Max Pyane could land alot of shots in his head while in a slow-motion dive that makes him very hard to hit. And should MC manage to riddle him full of bullets while he's diving his horse tranqualizers would still keep him going long enough to finish the job.

Even without bias I stick with Max Payne. He would not have a gaurentied victory (a well placed sticky grenade would end his tragic story) but I still think he would have the upper hand.

edscoble

« Reply #19 on: 10 Feb 2006, 15:13 »

Quote from: Grumpus
Quote from: neomag5
Only this man could

I liked him least of all the (anti-)heros in Sin City. He does kick arse though.

incidentally he had the most similarities to the actual graphic novel Marvs, I still can't believed how identical he is, Hartigan is no way similar to the actual graphic novel Hartigan, Bruce Willis' baby face no match for the real Hartigan.

edscoble

« Reply #20 on: 10 Feb 2006, 15:20 »

Another thing is, Max Payne can easily hid around, while The Master Chief's armour is ridiculously bright green, he's practically a moving target.

eagle14

« Reply #21 on: 11 Feb 2006, 02:58 »

master cheif (if a young kid is playing, damn kids jumping makes them hard to target)

almost thursday

« Reply #22 on: 12 Feb 2006, 09:40 »

master chief, easy. max is cooler, but i'm no fool.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #23 on: 12 Feb 2006, 10:35 »

Quote from: Rizzo
What if Payne had access to Halo weapons? Then what?

Then he wouldn't be able to hit anything.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #24 on: 12 Feb 2006, 11:06 »

I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #25 on: 12 Feb 2006, 14:43 »

Max Payne 2 was the shit. And I say bullet time beats armour every time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up