THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 21:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show: Deerhoof at Spectrum in Sydney, 16th Feb  (Read 3395 times)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Show: Deerhoof at Spectrum in Sydney, 16th Feb
« on: 16 Feb 2006, 06:08 »

Just arrived home from this show.  They rocked the hell out of the place they played in.  Killed two amps + I swear that the drummer was trying to kill his drumkit.  Satomi got up onto the monitors a few times, too.  Two encores!

What made the show even better was that the place it was in was tiny.  Like, "your friend's band playing in the biggest room of your other friend's sharehouse" kind of tiny.  Heather and I were up the front, and therefore literally under metre away from Satomi most of the show.  I've got pictures on my camera, I'll have to upload them someplace tomorrow.

Also: Guy in the front row rocking out & wearing a QC jetfighter teeshirt = awesome.  I didn't recognise him, but I have a picture of Satomi standing up on the monitors right over the top of him.  If you think it was you then lemme know, and if the pictures come out ok I'll send you a copy.  (they are only crappy phone pics though, so don't be surprised if they are crap!)

normz

« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2006, 06:14 »

hurr hurr heather posted it first est

heather

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2006, 12:35 »

He never listens to me. :P

Disgustipated

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2006, 14:31 »

Right at the front taking pics with a camera phone? If you were on the right hand side near the corner of the stage, I was directly behind you :/

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2006, 17:46 »

yeah, i was the dude wearing the blue ScaryGoRound jellyfish shirt.  Heather was the extremely short lady in front of me who was perpetually cold all night.

were you one of the people i talked to about that stoned guy who was trying to give the band some kind of duck with a sheriff's badge stuck to it?

what the fuck was that guy's deal?

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2006, 17:53 »

also, next time i'm going to a show i'll talk about it beforehand and see if anyone else is going.  we'll form a posse, yo.

Disgustipated

« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2006, 17:58 »

Nah, that wasn't me but I heard the conversation. I was wearing glasses and I've got a beard, and was with another extremely short girl and a couple of asian guys. Between the 4 of us, we kind've sourrounded you :P

That guy had some issues though. I think that duck thing came off the bottom of an umbrella or something.  I think he was trying to give it to Satomi, but it was kind've hard to tell what the hell he was doing.

heather

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2006, 04:31 »

I seriously wanted to smack Sherrif Duck Man.  SHE DOESN'T WANT IT. GEEZ.

And they did have the air conditioning up way too high for a wee lass like me with not much insulation. :)

Benn London

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2006, 21:55 »

Yeah, such an awesome show. I keep revisiting it in my mind.
I saw the guy rocking the QC shirt too. I was the guy in the unicorn shirt and belt hugging my newly aquired Runners Four on vinyl.

Ahh, such a good show. I can't get over Greg Saumiers drumming, the simplest kit making such an awesome sound.
My only wish now is for them to come back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up