THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 22:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disgaea 2!!!  (Read 3936 times)

Anson

Disgaea 2!!!
« on: 18 Feb 2006, 23:45 »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Disgaea 2!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2006, 23:49 »

Yeah, I saw that. I really liked Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, and Phantom Brave, but La Pucelle sorta disappointed me.

The thing is, Nippon Ichi games are so long and so dependent on super customizing EVERYTHING I find it really difficult to finish them. I never did finish Makai Kingdom.

Also, is NI ever going to bother updating their graphics? Graphics are pretty much the least important part of games to me, but essentially the graphics are nearly the same over 2 years later.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Anson

Disgaea 2!!!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2006, 23:52 »

Atelier Iris is short and not too complicated (compared to other NIS games). It's not a tactical RPG though... But it's great if you love the old SNES RPGs.

AdamIsConceited

Disgaea 2!!!
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2006, 12:48 »

Very nice.  Now if I could only beat the other 4 RPGs (Disgaea, Xenosaga 2, La Pucelle, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance) I've purchased over the last 6 months.

Shale

• Plantmonster
Disgaea 2!!!
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2006, 12:52 »

Schweet. I couldn't much get into Nippon Ichi's other games (Phantom Brave is still sitting there on my shelf, sad and alone), but Disgaea was the awesome based on plot, characters and setting alone. I hope N1 can pull off the localization on their own - a large part of the first game's goodness (or evilness) came from Atlus's flawless writing and the voice work they paid for.

Also, a fixed experience system (so characters could get experience for hitting but not killing an enemy) would be nice.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Narr

Disgaea 2!!!
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2006, 16:42 »

Sweet, a date is settled.

*goes to preorder*

Rumor has it, I'm entirely responsible for every copy of Disgaea sold in Las Vegas.  (I was a huge fanboy of the game, probably the first time I've ever really become obsessed.  Funny thing is, I never did finish it because towards the end, some shit happened in my life and I got so severely depressed, I stopped playing everything I was involved with at that time and couldn't ever bring myself to pick it up again.  Kingdom Hearts was another one I was trying to play at the time.)

Yasser

Disgaea 2!!!
« Reply #6 on: 04 Mar 2006, 07:22 »

there's an anime coming too, the preview looks great and very faithful to Disgaea
Pages: [1]   Go Up