THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 11:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!  (Read 7306 times)

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« on: 21 Feb 2006, 07:53 »

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2006, 08:42 »

Budum-tish?

I have to say I hate the PS3 controller, it looks like a freaking boomerang.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2006, 10:48 »

agreed. new control<old controller
although it does make me curious. i kind of doubt they would produce something so silly looking if it wasnt ridiculous comfortable/functional.    
   /wishful thinking

or maybe they would do just that and it sucks bones. who knows.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Shale

• Plantmonster
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2006, 10:53 »

I like the new controller. I have a PS1 pad a lot like it, and it's way more comfortable than the regular Dual Shock (which I hate with a flaming, burny passion). Too bad it doesn't work with most PS2 games.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2006, 16:24 »

I really truley dislike the PS controller.  The PS3  I dont know enough about, so I cant comment.  But I fully admit, the Gamecube controller is like butta.  It feels great, just melts into your hands.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Valrus

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • moo hoo ha ha
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2006, 16:26 »

Quote from: Chesire Cat
I really truley dislike the PS controller.  The PS3  I dont know enough about, so I cant comment.  But I fully admit, the Gamecube controller is like butta.  It feels great, just melts into your hands.

Wow, that's like, the opposite I've ever heard from anyone, ever.

Personally, I'm fine with both of them, but I guess I don't really use either often enough to form a strong opinion.
Quote from: Johnny C
Whatever you give up for Lent, it better not be your day job.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2006, 19:58 »

Yeah I am persecuted for not liking the Playstation controller.  But whatevs, its better than the classic NES controller...  And Atari/Colleco controlles, but thats about it.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2006, 20:37 »

Dude, you could like, bludgeon someone with the original NES one, and it would cut their skull because of the corners. It totally wins over the SNES one in terms of beating people.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

ozphactor

• Larger than most fish
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #8 on: 27 Feb 2006, 23:17 »

Quote from: Kai
Dude, you could like, bludgeon someone with the original NES one, and it would cut their skull because of the corners. It totally wins over the SNES one in terms of beating people.

The original Xbox controller wins for sheer bludgeoning power, though. It basically depends on what type of injury you're going for. Xbox = concussion. NES = hemorrhaging.

Rubby

• The German Chancellory building
    • http://members.shaw.ca/baby.snakes
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2006, 12:00 »

The gamecube controller sucks my bum. C directional pad, what the fuck is that. Hey Nintendo, just because a D-Pad looks a little cooler than buttons doesn't mean it doesn't suck my balls.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2006, 14:30 »

I'm finding The Nintendo revolution controller (or what images I've seen of it at least) to be a bit confusing. As far as I can tell it's a TV remote, except you play games with it...

Jenno

• Furry furrier
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #11 on: 01 Mar 2006, 02:52 »

I'm willing to give the new playstation controller a chance. After 30mins or so of any game that uses the d-pad on the Dualshocks, my thumbs are in serious pain.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2006, 14:21 »

Quote from: Luke C
Budum-tish?

I have to say I hate the PS3 controller ... boomerang.

BOOMERANG SPACE DILDO.

That is all.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Strike Reyhi

• Not quite a lurker
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #13 on: 01 Mar 2006, 17:37 »

Quote from: Jenno
I'm willing to give the new playstation controller a chance. After 30mins or so of any game that uses the d-pad on the Dualshocks, my thumbs are in serious pain.

and you call yourself a gamer. :shakes head and makes a dissapointed sighing noise:

Bunnyman

PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #14 on: 02 Mar 2006, 23:35 »

I've come to realize that the Sony Dual Shock is the finest control device ever designed for a console.  With new-style control schemes (triggers + analogs), you get a very ergonomic and intuitive control set.

Of course, it compares not to my $10 104-key and its friend, the IntelliMouse Optical.

nescience

PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #15 on: 03 Mar 2006, 01:55 »

Are you sure you're not, er, forgetting something??

*AHEM*

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #16 on: 03 Mar 2006, 10:00 »

Someone told me Nintendo invented a special chemical that enables manufacturing of cheap and reliable datagloves, but now they own the patent and refuse to license the technology to anyone doing VR equipment.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #17 on: 05 Mar 2006, 15:04 »

as well as a D-pad and a third handle that were so out of the way and never used and still puzzles me.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
PS3 EXCLUSIVE!!!
« Reply #18 on: 06 Mar 2006, 02:19 »

Quote from: Spinless
The nintendo 64 controller was out months before the dualshock.  It had analog and a nice trigger.

True!  The only thing I would have liked is for the thumb-joystick-dealie to have been padded.  The ridges on top of it totally dig into your thumb.  That was something that the PS2 Dual Shock controllers got right.  

N64 controller is hella sweet though... having that trigger in the middle is extremely helpful, especially for baseball games and Mario Kart.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up