THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prank Flash! Boo!  (Read 8633 times)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Prank Flash! Boo!
« on: 13 Feb 2006, 16:13 »

I'm sure at least a few of you have come across it..one of the many terrors of the internet..prank flash! Also known as "Sabotage flash" or "screamers",these short flash cartoons are designed to frighten the ever-loving shit out of the viewer. The process is simple. The flash starts with either the disguise of a game,a sort of test,or perhaps a basic,seemingly lighthearted little flash movie. At some point in the animation,however,it will be suddenly interrupted by the appearance of a startling image,usually filling most of the screen,accompanied by a loud,piercing scream,screech,or roar,startling the viewer. These types of flash are very commonplace on the internet,and vary greatly in both quality and level of intensity,and i would like to know some of the experiences of some individuals that has fallen victim to PRANK FLASH.
Hate, rain on me

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2006, 20:42 »

i was scared by one so bad, i pissed my pants, cried and was admitted to the campus of a school psych ward for mental study until i got betteh.

FaultyGluestick

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2006, 23:23 »

"Where's Waldo?" was my worst experience.  After ten seconds, I knew there was no Waldo and before I could close the window, I got shot down.  No medic came for me...

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2006, 23:29 »

Gettomg people at work in trouble since 1999.

Me, I give them a thumbsdown as a relic of the internet, hampster dance anyone?  Or how about those abnoxious home made angelfire websites that consist entirely of mismatched in shape and size .gifs that clash with my sense of style so hard I get a little sick.

/me off to angelfire to enjoy a siezure before bed.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

elcapitan

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2006, 02:27 »

Showed the Where's Waldo one to a friend of mine in IT in year 11. He looked for a few seconds, then said "Bullshit guys, he's not he-YAAGH!" and threw himself out of his chair backwards. Into the server rack. We laughed our asses off, until he chased us out of the room. :)

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2006, 02:38 »

There is two i remember, one involved some sort of flash game where you had no cursor, and then a picture of some sort of animal with big teeth would appear, and screech at you.

The next had something to do with some "supernatural tv ad" i think it was a chain mail, and went along the lines, of "watch this and point out the odd thing..." and half way through, after frantically searching for the sign of the "ghost" a screaming squirrel or something flased on the screen.

eek.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Jenno

• Furry furrier
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2006, 03:53 »

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=kKGxaol4qws&eurl=&iurl=ht">This is pretty much the textbook reaction to one of those.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2006, 11:00 »

I am fascinated by the art of prank flash. I have been fooled by exactly four of them. In three cases,I realized that they would scare me just before it was too late. I have been wanting to make my own,but I am not enough of an asshole to do that,and I do not know how to make flash.
Hate, rain on me

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2006, 15:39 »

By the way,I know in alot of cases the camera is hidden,but while watching videos of people being frightened by prank flash,I've wondered how victims do not find it suspicious when their pranker is holding a video camera that is on.
Hate, rain on me

edscoble

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2006, 16:52 »

Quote from: elcapitan
Showed the Where's Waldo one to a friend of mine in IT in year 11. He looked for a few seconds, then said "Bullshit guys, he's not he-YAAGH!" and threw himself out of his chair backwards. Into the server rack. We laughed our asses off, until he chased us out of the room. :)

you got to sent me the link for that!

I was watching a picture trying to find summat (the one of an home interior with a PowerBook Pismo on the table) I look too close, and suddenly, that freakly bird popped up with no eyes, hands on cheek going "yaaahhh!"

I got so startled, I lifted my head so fast, my glasses went airborne for a few second, until it hit a shelf where stuff started falling off, while my head hit my desk lamp, smashing the bulb and flop motionless on the floor.

ow.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #10 on: 14 Feb 2006, 17:25 »

I've seen two; the one in that video above (Seanbateman posted it in the other thread about these) and another one where you look in a room for what's wrong and then this thing swopps in at screams at you. That one isn't too creepy. The game one (the video) creeps me out still.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 2006, 17:56 »

The most well-disguised one on the internet is probably one entitled "Find The Subliminal Messages" or "Jingle Bells Reversed". If you want further information or links to any prank flash animation,the all-powerful Wikipedia.org has a huge article,titled Prank Flash.
Hate, rain on me

edscoble

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #12 on: 14 Feb 2006, 19:53 »

Quote from: hey_there_fatty
The most well-disguised one on the internet is probably one entitled "Find The Subliminal Messages" or "Jingle Bells Reversed". If you want further information or links to any prank flash animation,the all-powerful Wikipedia.org has a huge article,titled Prank Flash.

the subliminal messages was my favourite, the eyesless bird was the bee's knee!

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #13 on: 18 Feb 2006, 03:33 »

The one that got me is the car add one, about some energy drink, where the head thing jumps up. granted it's not flash. But it's close enough.

I'm usually suspicious of anything that makes you concentrate on something the whole "look at the black until a picture appears" makes the warning signals go off.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #14 on: 18 Feb 2006, 09:38 »

I think there was a coffee commercially that did this, and that added a little "You've never been so awake" or something. I've only read about it, but I'd kill to see it.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

CaptainRansom

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #15 on: 18 Feb 2006, 09:48 »

The first time I fell for one was the room where you have to pick out what's wrong.

I was home by myself at my parents house (which is pretty big and kinda creepy at night) with headphones on... I almost pissed myself, jumped quite a bit, and got twitchy and jittery for a few hours.

Stupid flash pranks.  I hate you.  Except the video on youtube... that was so hilarious.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #16 on: 18 Feb 2006, 14:34 »

The car prank video is a commercial for a German energy drink called "K-Fee" This is an extremely popular video. There are other commercials for the drink of the same spirit,bt as far as I know this is the only one avaliable on the internet. Be careful! The following link will take you RIGHT TO IT. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/niceride.html
Hate, rain on me

moley

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.moley3d.be
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #17 on: 19 Feb 2006, 01:38 »

the only one that ever got me was the subliminal messages one, the one with the lords prayer. I leaned right in close to my speakers so that I could hear it and then BAM.

also I just had a great idea for one.....

EssJay89

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #18 on: 19 Feb 2006, 02:03 »

Ok... dunno what to say... *mind goes blank*

moley

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.moley3d.be
Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2006, 02:50 »

he returns!

bearing gifts!

http://www.moley3d.be/stuff/hmmm.swf

top.quality.flash.

Wardawg

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2006, 22:43 »

I saw a video of a kid being scared by one of those just tonight. He screamed, punched the monitor, and fell backwards out of his chair.

Poor kid was probably only 8 years old too.

AdamIsConceited

Prank Flash! Boo!
« Reply #21 on: 23 Feb 2006, 07:02 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up