THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 23:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Guilty Pleasures  (Read 86465 times)

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #50 on: 03 Mar 2006, 10:18 »

Quote from: Storm Rider
High five for not encourging Cannibal Corpse!

My college radio station has some Cannibal Corpse on the computer (it's all computer-based).  I played one song, once, and then I got back on the air and laughed at the people listening in for having to sit through that.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier
Re: Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #51 on: 03 Mar 2006, 11:55 »

Quote from: Narr
Quote from: TrueNeutral
I happen to like some Creed songs.  The majority of what's played on the radio by them totally sucks, and I loathe Scott Stapp with a passion, but some of their songs were pretty good.

I think you might like Alter Bridge than. It's basically Creed with a different, and much, MUCH better singer. They also explore a more metal side. The guitars are less grungy, more rock. They can actually rock a bit now that they aren't Scott Stapp's bitch anymore.
So that's the name of the band that is Creed - Scott Stapp, then?  Looks like I'll have to find out what I can.

Oh, and about Staind:

I honestly do not like them.  I've had a ton of friends tell me I should listen to them, that I'd like them a ton, and then I saw them open for Audioslave, and was so uninterested, I wandered around with my brother outside the seeting, in the consessions area.  A friend of mine went to the concert and was such a pretentious Staind fan, he left after they performed because "Staind shouldn't open for anyone."  Poor guy missed the definite best performance of the night.

Something else I just thought of I could count as a guilty pleasure:  I like some video game music.  Well, a lot of it, but I leave pretty much the entire Guilty Gear soundtrack (for GGX2, GGX#Reload, and GG Isuka) on my playlist.  "The Cat Attatched To The Rust" is a really awesome song, among others.
audioslave is total garbage. two great bands that came together (nay, CLASHED together in such a discordant way that baby jesus cries periodically, for every minute this band does NOT decide to break up) that became just this horrrrrrible conglomeration of shit.

and staind is not bad.
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #52 on: 03 Mar 2006, 11:58 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid
Quote from: onewheelwizzard
I don't feel guilty about the music I listen to as much as I feel guilty about the music I don't listen to (namely Bob Dylan, The Who, most good jazz, The Melvins, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, nad The Allman Brothers Band).

I love how so many people think this band is essential just because Cobain liked them. I'm not saying you're one of them, but it's really hilarious. Everything I've heard of the Melvins is dire.
have you heard the (i think 2004?) collaborative effort by the melvins with this guy named Lustmord? it's the most crushing thing ever. holy god. especially the title track to the album, which is called "pigs of the roman empire". it's 22 minutes long, a lot of it is background noises, but when the music DOES kick in, it's like "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST."

seriously, if i smoked weed, i'd probably kill myself from being so horrified by this album as a whole.

and i don't say all this because i'm a nirvana fan, because i'm NOT for the most part. i do, however, find it funny that kurt cobain used to be THE MELVINS' ROADIE hahahah.
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

Narr

« Reply #53 on: 03 Mar 2006, 12:23 »

Quote from: BillyxRansom
audioslave is total garbage. two great bands that came together (nay, CLASHED together in such a discordant way that baby jesus cries periodically, for every minute this band does NOT decide to break up) that became just this horrrrrrible conglomeration of shit.

and staind is not bad.
From as far as I can tell, Audioslave has one of the biggest love/hate things going on right now.  From what I've seen, seems that people who were die-hard fans of Rage Against The Machine loathe the band, almost like it's a protest that RATM broke up (but last I checked, that was De La Rocha's fault, wasn't it?)  Seems those that were really into Soundgarden, don't really mind the band at all.  I personally like the sound they have, a lot.  Cornell's voice is as strong as ever, Timmy C's bass lines are as rockin' as ever, and just Tom Morello period.

And yes, Staind is bad.  I wasn't able to tell where one song ended and another began when they played.

ielerol

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #54 on: 03 Mar 2006, 18:03 »

Quote from: Mikendher
Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight

No matter how hard I try, I cannot get rid of that song.

I love that song. It makes me smile and dance. Also "When Mermaids Cry." I get to pretend it's about me.

I don't believe in feeling guilty about things I love, but there's definitely a list of bands I know I'm not "supposed" to like. Those Eagle Eye Cherry songs, for example. Also, Ace of Base, Billy Joel, The Dixie Chicks, Sheryl Crow and a couple of obscure country acts (you're all classist haters)...I think I'm supposed to sneer at the new Cake album.

The one song I do feel something like guilty about is "Punk Rock Princess" by Something Corporate. Most SC songs sort of make me want to stab something, preferably the lead singer in the throat. I hate the way he sings. I want to hate Punk Rock Princess. And yet, I know that if someone awesome covered it I would have no reservations about liking it.

Bastardous Bassist

« Reply #55 on: 03 Mar 2006, 18:53 »

Quote from: BillyxRansom

Well, the way I see it is it's RATM with a vocalist that I like, because I absolutely hated De La Rocha.  I don't say he was bad, I just hated him.  Plus, Chris Cornell is God.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

Synchronicity

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #56 on: 03 Mar 2006, 19:59 »

A have a few guilty pleasures like Sex Pistols, Nirvana, and Bright Eyes....

sjbrot

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #57 on: 03 Mar 2006, 20:06 »

Why are those guilty pleasures for you?

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #58 on: 03 Mar 2006, 20:31 »

From as far as I can tell, Audioslave has one of the biggest love/hate things going on right now.  From what I've seen, seems that people who were die-hard fans of Rage Against The Machine loathe the band, almost like it's a protest that RATM broke up (but last I checked, that was De La Rocha's fault, wasn't it?)  Seems those that were really into Soundgarden, don't really mind the band at all.  I personally like the sound they have, a lot.  Cornell's voice is as strong as ever, Timmy C's bass lines are as rockin' as ever, and just Tom Morello period.

I kinda like Audioslave, however I was never a fan of either Soundgarden or RATM. Especially RATM whom I always think of as shitty Beastie Boys. I think one of the main reasons hardcore RATM fans loathe Audioslave is because Chris Cornell's "no politics" lyrics. Personally I'm grateful.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #59 on: 03 Mar 2006, 22:37 »

Quote from: DynamiteKid
Quote from: onewheelwizzard
I don't feel guilty about the music I listen to as much as I feel guilty about the music I don't listen to (namely Bob Dylan, The Who, most good jazz, The Melvins, Led Zeppelin, Frank Zappa, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young, nad The Allman Brothers Band).

I love how so many people think this band is essential just because Cobain liked them. I'm not saying you're one of them, but it's really hilarious. Everything I've heard of the Melvins is dire.

If anything, the fact that Cobain liked them is a deterrent. Seriously, the Melvins are fuckign ACE.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #60 on: 03 Mar 2006, 22:53 »

The Melvins were a waaaaay better and more original grunge band than Nirvana ever was.

Plus one of the guys is in the Fantomas.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

nescience

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #61 on: 04 Mar 2006, 00:28 »

Yeah, well, that's true in that the "grunge" tag was terribly misapplied to Nirvana.  They were not ever grunge in the sense that their contemporaries were, save for maybe a heartbeat in their very earliest days.  For better or for worse, The Melvins, Tad and Green River were the real flagbearers of grunge.

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #62 on: 04 Mar 2006, 04:06 »

Quote from: E. Spaceman

I kinda like Audioslave, however I was never a fan of either Soundgarden or RATM. Especially RATM whom I always think of as shitty Beastie Boys. I think one of the main reasons hardcore RATM fans loathe Audioslave is because Chris Cornell's "no politics" lyrics. Personally I'm grateful.

I'm a fan of both RATM and Soundgarden, and I think Audioslave is a great idea. Althogh their first album sounded kinda strange I like what they do nowdays.
Plus, any band with Tom Morello and Timmy C will kick alot of ass. LOTS.

And yes, Cornell's "non political" lyrics did bother me at first, but then I found out that the band members are still active like they were in RATM.
FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #63 on: 04 Mar 2006, 10:02 »

I am highly disturbed that someone listed Helmet as a guilty pleasure. What kind of sick people must they associate with?
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Outshined

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #64 on: 04 Mar 2006, 10:22 »

My guilty pleasures are things like cheesy ass power metal (you know, the kind where the whole song is basically a vestigial appendage to the nevitable solo).  

On the unrelated Audioslave tangent, I like what they are doing now, but not as much as either Soundgarden or RATM.  The quality I miss most in Audioslave is the more poetic quality of Cornell's lyrics in his earlier work that is largely absent in AS in favor of radio-friendly choruses.  Blech.

thedevilissix

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #65 on: 09 Mar 2006, 04:06 »

Mint Royale.  Inherently cheesy, but I love 'em.

SailorPunk

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www.xanga.com/moonrose
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #66 on: 09 Mar 2006, 08:23 »

Hank Williams (Sr.)

He was a god among country musicians. I love him. I get mocked for it almost daily.
...really polite and kind of squishy...

Kirbo

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #67 on: 09 Mar 2006, 10:21 »

I'm not ashamed, but William Shatner, Has Been is my favorite album on the new millenium still, and The Transformed Man is...well just fun.

Ones I am ashamed of..

Mama Said Knock You Out- LL Cool J
There was a Black Eyed Peas song I thought was catchy....I then shot myself.

Again, not ashamed, but I listen to George's Answering Machine every morning, as it's my alarm.
"Are you really the messiah?
Yes I am." - Gord Downie

http://www.kirbo.thejefffiles.com/twisb.html

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #68 on: 09 Mar 2006, 12:39 »

Quote from: Kai

Oh, I forgot about Jpop. I kinda have an old nostalgia for it (an old friend of mine was nuts for it) and I'm slightly ashamed of it.

I like fucking 80's J-pop/rock. Most specifically 'Heart of Madness' from Fist of the North Star, and 'Konya wa Harikeen' from Bubblegum Crisis, which is more 80's than Morrisey in tight trousers.

To be honest, liking any music that's been anywhere near an anime is probably going to be a guilty pleasure. I will offer you two exceptions: The Akira OST, which is fucking awesome, and, well, anything by Yoko Kanno or Yasushi Ishii.

In fact, Yasushi Ishii owns you SO HARD that even thinking about calling him a guilty pleasure nearly blew my brains out my skull. Raid and Ruins are the only anime soundtracks I ever actually purchased, and I'm really not sorry. The Hellsing soundtrack is just beyond cool, I am so pissed that they decided to replace it with off the shelf ambience and very spacey techno remixes for the OVA, which is pure sex in all other ways.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #69 on: 09 Mar 2006, 19:49 »

Oh, man, the theme song to Hellsing is like, 10 lbs. of pure, unsaturated awesome.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Injektilo

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #70 on: 09 Mar 2006, 20:37 »

I don't feel guilty listening to my music, but when someone catches me listening to one of the first two Coldplay albums or the Blue Room EP they get all "OMFGWTFBBQ!!!!11one!1 y r u listening 2 that"

But then I slap them and they cry a little and we're all better because of it.

Bastardous Bassist

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #71 on: 09 Mar 2006, 21:20 »

Okay, here's my biggest one.  I actually prefer later Metallica (the Loads, St. Anger is the worst thing to happen to man since the dark ages) to the earlier stuff.  I don't know, there's just something about it that I like.  It's not metal, and I'll never say it is, and I also don't necessarily think it's better music, but I like it more.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #72 on: 10 Mar 2006, 02:41 »

i am the biggest rammstein fan i know, and i know a fair amount of rammstein fans.

also blind guardian, system of a down, and the soundtrack from my neighbor totoro.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #73 on: 10 Mar 2006, 13:54 »

A few hours ago I found myself humming along to the Mars Volta. I hate myself.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #74 on: 10 Mar 2006, 17:07 »

Can you honestly hum to it?

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #75 on: 10 Mar 2006, 17:47 »

Kind of, it doesn't sound any less coherent than the actual music. It was the second track of the first album.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #76 on: 10 Mar 2006, 17:48 »

hmm.

Is it wrong that I like Sublime?

Cerulaetas

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #77 on: 10 Mar 2006, 18:12 »

Quote from: tomselleck69

blind guardian

This, sir, is not a guilty pleasure.

ChozSun

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #78 on: 10 Mar 2006, 21:34 »

I got all of you beat for the cheesiest.  Playing in iTunes Keith Sweat "Love You Down" followed by Heart's "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You".  (Ann's voice is so beautiful, I would love to be her sex slave if only for one night.)  There is plenty more cheese where that came from.

Somewhere, in some suburban movie theater, a little kid orders double cheese with his nachos.

Thanks for the heads up on Audioslave's Live in Cuba.  Done and ordered.

nescience

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #79 on: 11 Mar 2006, 02:42 »

hmm.

Yes.

Excellent!

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #80 on: 11 Mar 2006, 07:01 »

Good thing we got that cleared up.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #81 on: 11 Mar 2006, 07:30 »

I am ashamed of nothing! The following bands and artists would probably have me scourned,but I gives no fucks!

Coheed and Cambria!
 Sarah McLaughlin!
 Dido!
 Idina Menzel (The goddess!)
 Occasional My Chemical Romance!
 Occasional Early The Used!
 Various Musical Soundtracks! I fucking love 'em!
Hate, rain on me

TrueNeutral

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #82 on: 12 Mar 2006, 14:04 »

Quote from: Bastardous Bassist
Okay, here's my biggest one.  I actually prefer later Metallica (the Loads, St. Anger is the worst thing to happen to man since the dark ages) to the earlier stuff.  I don't know, there's just something about it that I like.  It's not metal, and I'll never say it is, and I also don't necessarily think it's better music, but I like it more.

I also quite like The Loads and the Black Album. Of course, that's quite right, because I'm a huge grunge fan (although I'm not a big fan of Nirvana outside their unplugged) and the way I see it, those were kindof aimed at the grunge people. So yeah, that's me.

Also, I used to think Incubus was a huge guilty pleasure for me. But then I realized, they're actually GOOD.

ChozSun

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #83 on: 12 Mar 2006, 17:15 »

Quote from: TrueNeutral
Quote from: Bastardous Bassist

I also quite like The Loads and the Black Album. Of course, that's quite right, because I'm a huge grunge fan (although I'm not a big fan of Nirvana outside their unplugged) and the way I see it, those were kindof aimed at the grunge people. So yeah, that's me.

Also, I used to think Incubus was a huge guilty pleasure for me. But then I realized, they're actually GOOD.

I loathe grunge so the Loads didn't sat well with me.  Odd as that, my favorite Metallica tunes come from those albums: "Bleeding Me" and "Outlaw Torn".

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #84 on: 12 Mar 2006, 19:55 »

hmm.

Hell no, Sublime rock.

Narr

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #85 on: 12 Mar 2006, 20:13 »

Load and Re-Load were alright.  They had some decent tunes on them.  St. Anger made me angry, in the sense that METALLICA made it.  That was not a Metallica album.  I mean, the biggest reason I like the band is Kirk Hammet, and there wasn't a solo on the entire g-d'ed thing.  It's the only Metallica album I don't own (well, and Garage inc, but that's because I'm lazy more than any other reason).

I'll admit it.  Metallica was the first band I ever liked.  I don't care for them near as much anymore, but you know, if it wasn't for Black Album, I don't think I would have got into rock music.

@ The guy who mentioned Rammstein:  I didn't know it was faux pas to like them.  I think they're the only band with more than 2 albums in which I own every album (including Rosenrot, which to my knowledge hasn't been released outside Europe yet.) Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen Sehen is one of my favorite songs to play on my guitar.

Bastardous Bassist

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #86 on: 12 Mar 2006, 20:27 »

@ The guy who mentioned Rammstein:  I didn't know it was faux pas to like them.  I think they're the only band with more than 2 albums in which I own every album (including Rosenrot, which to my knowledge hasn't been released outside Europe yet.) Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen Sehen is one of my favorite songs to play on my guitar.

I like Rammstein enough, but I wasn't aware that their albums were distinct enough.  I thought they were like AC/DC in that, if you own one album, you own them all, pretty much.
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

SuperRad

• Not quite a lurker
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #87 on: 12 Mar 2006, 20:32 »

Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At The Disco cause people to give me so much shit.

And people are shocked when I tell them I still listen to blink 182 and New Found Glory.

Narr

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #88 on: 12 Mar 2006, 20:39 »

Quote from: SuperRad
Coheed and Cambria, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At The Disco cause people to give me so much shit.

And people are shocked when I tell them I still listen to blink 182 and New Found Glory.
This is kind of off topic, but from what I've gathered, P!@tD seems to be really popular, and it kind of unnerves me on one level because I know the lead singer.  He was a friend back in junior high.  I still remember what would have been my sophomore or junior year in high school, beat-boxing (or more appropriately, listening) with him at a Mormon Youth Conference activity one weekend.

And this has to do with your screenname:  Fan of the Aquabats?  (I hope yes, because they are awesome.)

Ravenbomb

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #89 on: 13 Mar 2006, 23:07 »

count me as one of the people who don't feel guilty about what I like

Fabio

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #90 on: 14 Mar 2006, 09:44 »

hmph, nothing compares to my liking of H.I.M. so ashamed, but oh well :p

TrueNeutral

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #91 on: 14 Mar 2006, 11:23 »

Load and Re-Load were alright.  They had some decent tunes on them.  St. Anger made me angry, in the sense that METALLICA made it.  That was not a Metallica album.  I mean, the biggest reason I like the band is Kirk Hammet, and there wasn't a solo on the entire g-d'ed thing.  It's the only Metallica album I don't own (well, and Garage inc, but that's because I'm lazy more than any other reason).

I'll admit it.  Metallica was the first band I ever liked.  I don't care for them near as much anymore, but you know, if it wasn't for Black Album, I don't think I would have got into rock music.

I used to like St. Anger. When it came out, I was a nu-metal kid (I'll take your Black Album and raise it a Disturbed's The Sickness that got me into rock music) but I recently dug it up again and realized how mind-numbingly boring and painful the record is. And those drums! Ugh!

I think some of their earlier tracks actually sounded sort of 'grungy' as well. Particularely "The Thing That Should Not Be", which I always though fit right in in a playlist with Soundgarden's 4th of July and Alice In Chains' Rooster. Maybe it's just my imagination.

Narr

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #92 on: 14 Mar 2006, 12:57 »

You mentioning 4th of July got me thinking, I think it's funny songs I never really listened to on my own are now some of my favorite songs.  I retroactively found out I liked a lot of Grunge music because my brother was into Soundgarden and Pearl Jam.  It was like, once I actually started to LISTEN to music, I'd hear some song and say "Hey, that sounds familiar."

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #93 on: 14 Mar 2006, 14:28 »

Quote from: SuperRad

This is kind of off topic, but from what I've gathered, P!@tD seems to be really popular, and it kind of unnerves me on one level because I know the lead singer.  He was a friend back in junior high.  I still remember what would have been my sophomore or junior year in high school, beat-boxing (or more appropriately, listening) with him at a Mormon Youth Conference activity one weekend.

And this has to do with your screenname:  Fan of the Aquabats?  (I hope yes, because they are awesome.)

Panic! at the disco anger me a great deal. I mean I honestly don't get what is appealing about them, I at least somewhat understand the appeal of mindless pop-punk drivel like Fall Out Boy, I mean it's catchy, you can sing along to it I guess but Panic! At The Disco don't appear to have any redeeming qualitys.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #94 on: 14 Mar 2006, 19:12 »

They're supposed to be eclectic or some stupid fucking bullshit.

Mr. Oysterhead

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #95 on: 14 Mar 2006, 19:26 »

Good thing we got that cleared up.

Someone yesterday told me they would only respect me if I listed Sublime as a guilty pleasure..but I don't think them to be. They were basically a more talented Nirvana of their genre.

Anyway, I think my guilty pleasure is Thunderbids Are Now!. They're just so damn..fun.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #96 on: 14 Mar 2006, 19:32 »

Sublime was great,plain and simple! Word.
Hate, rain on me

Speeing

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #97 on: 14 Mar 2006, 20:25 »

I can sing the lyrics to any Linkin Park song from memory.

I have no idea how I came into this knowledge.

nescience

Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #98 on: 14 Mar 2006, 21:14 »

Their lyrics are transmitted via subliminal messages embedded in tests of the Emergency Broadcast System.  Every few weeks, cultish throngs of hipsters have been known to form after evening re-runs of "Taxi" in the streets of San Francisco, chanting in unison the lyrics to "In the End" over and over, then having no recollection of it afterwards.  Backs up traffic for hours.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Music Guilty Pleasures
« Reply #99 on: 15 Mar 2006, 06:55 »

Quote from: Speeing
I can sing the lyrics to any Linkin Park song from memory.

I have no idea how I came into this knowledge.

Ditto.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up