THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 00:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different Type of Comic  (Read 15933 times)

Stifled Dreams

Different Type of Comic
« on: 02 Mar 2006, 19:24 »

Another one of these threads, eh? Yeah, but this covers a slightly different topic. I found out today that was appointed to be one of the two graphics editors of my school's official newspaper (we have have an unofficial newspaper, too). This is pretty exciting for me! But I told them that I'd love to do a comic, because, well, I would. The thing is, any comic running in the newspaper would have to be... dulled down.

I don't think I could get away with many offensive things, and that seems to be the basis for a lot of humor. This comic would also have to appeal to a wide range of people, since everybody at least glances at the newspaper. Help! How do I keep it funny and interesting? I have some pretty lame ideas so far, but this is harder than you'd think. Should I use puns? Should I aim for a comic that isn't funny? What do you guys think?

grrraham

Different Type of Comic
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2006, 01:48 »

I think that a serious dramatic comic with a lot of ongoing continuity would be a good idea for a high school newspaper.

In all seriousness though, the single most important thing is that you make it aesthetically pleasing. If you can't draw then don't try to just put something up and get better as you go along. Get someone else to draw it or find some other way do it.
I mean come on, this isn't the internet we're talking about.

I think Scary Go Round could be called inoffensive and funny.
Not all humor has to reference shitting dick nipples.
Pages: [1]   Go Up