THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 02:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery of girlish glee...UPDATED - Mucha and more!  (Read 15884 times)

lexxie_lizzie

recently, i have taken to drawing hair specifically Mucha-style. Art nouveau is awesome, and thus, Mucha hair. The following drawings trace my exploration of Mucha hair. Some are more intricate and developed than others (mostly owing to whether they were drawn on the train or in a stationary room)

this is a girl from fresno who recently got recruited to a production of cats: the musical. and thus, as a celebration, she gets a portrait in the form of a jellicle cat. how wonderful. done in a stationary room on printer paper with felt tips

this is a victorian whore. victorian whores are what i usually draw. even back int he days when i thought anime was lyk teh b3st thang evar, i drew victorian whores. they're not lolita dolls, they're victorian whores. ANYWAY, the point of this picture was just thinking about how useful a needle, thread and a few buttons would be to such a person. i mean, think of all the fabric! and the decorative bits! and such a person would hardly have a personal tailor! done in a stationary room on printer paper with felt tips

this is a mermaid. a young mermaid. not much else to it really, it's just a flouncy piece of flounce that results from a girly girl trying to think of something different to draw (mermaid? different? egads, how deluded can you be!). body and tail in a stationary room, hair and tail fins in train carriage, felt tips on art books paper (art book paper makes felt tips bleed lots, which is not cool in most circumstances, but seems to work for this)

obligatory pirate lassie. i grew up on a steady diet of gilbert and sullivan operettas on video (the video for pirates of penzance had to be replaced three times because i wore them out watching them so many times). done in felt tip on art paper in a stationary location (sitting on concrete outside, it's not a room, but it IS stationary)

and that is my exploration of Mucha hair, excuse the capitalisation discrepancies and the possibility that, through spelling error, i have been referring to office supplies rather than an inertial frame of reference

i've been sick lately, and when i was at my most vague point of most intense medication, i drew this. i think it just goes to show the potency of some prescription medicine. nevertheless, i do like the dress for some odd reason

some of you may be familiar with gaiaonline. anyway, on gaia, i have an avatar art shop and i do line art. why? because i am gobsmackingly awful at colouring in.this particular one was supposed to be an angsty piece of wangst, but, due to the unfortunate viewing angle, the dagger going through her chest is indistinguishable from the rest. oh. how. unfortunate. i don't like drawing angst, can you tell?

this is the same avatar, but with their online partner. i liked drawing this one, it felt cute at every stage. i really have to work on male expression though. female body expression, facial expression, fine! male...not so good with.

and these are my aforementioned crap colouring skills.

one of my friends got the role of otter in a theatrical production of wind in the willows. this is much the same sentiment at the top piece about jellicle cats, except, different person, different animal

the most recent abomination against humanity is this. the user who commissioned it wanted it to be sexy. tipping down your glasses at someone is sexy to me. i just added the boobs for good measure.

torg

Gallery of girlish glee...UPDATED - Mucha and more!
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2006, 07:10 »

awesome, i like it!

Mollinda

« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2006, 08:35 »

Completely awesome! You should get yourself a portfolio online or a webcomic and put those drawing skills to work!

PM me if you need any advice, or come and have a peek on interact

Dragonboy001

« Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 2006, 14:22 »

Theres alot of complicated patterns there.

All-in-all its diffinately above average.

SailorPunk

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www.xanga.com/moonrose
« Reply #4 on: 09 Mar 2006, 10:30 »

those are awesome! it's a really neat style too! kinda like for colouring books or something. i really like it.
...really polite and kind of squishy...

lexxie_lizzie

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2006, 12:43 »

Quote from: SailorPunk
those are awesome! it's a really neat style too! kinda like for colouring books or something. i really like it.

you're more than welcome to try colouring them in. eeheee, i wonder what sort of title would go on a colouring book of this sort of stuff...
"Mucha + Mermaids"
"Curlibits"
"FLOUNCE!"

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2006, 05:00 »

Oh, me likes, me likes :)
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

jariku

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2006, 11:42 »

Everytime I see this thread, I somehow keep thinking it's about Alphonse Mucha.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Re: Gallery of girlish glee...UPDATED - Mucha and more!
« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2006, 15:00 »

Now, I have absolutely no artsy background (strangely enough, forcing it down my throat at school didnt work), but, I kind of have this psychic thing telling me why you think of that Mucha guy :)

Quote from: lexxie_lizzie
recently, i have taken to drawing hair specifically Mucha-style. Art nouveau is awesome, and thus, Mucha hair. The following drawings trace my exploration of Mucha hair.

Maybe I should go and do some artistic someday... (apart from the tiny metal soldiers :) )
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

lexxie_lizzie

« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2006, 20:56 »

Quote from: jariku
Everytime I see this thread, I somehow keep thinking it's about Alphonse Mucha.

it is about alphonse mucha...sort of

jariku

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2006, 09:31 »

Well I'll be damned. So it is.

Sorry about that everyone. I may or may not need new glasses after all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up