THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 10:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVD burning question for macs  (Read 5725 times)

Abedrinkin

DVD burning question for macs
« on: 03 Mar 2006, 21:54 »

Does anyone on here know of a program, for macs, that will let you make disc images that override the copy protection?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Re: DVD burning question for macs
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2006, 09:13 »

Quote from: Abedrinkin
help me steal

Abedrinkin

« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2006, 21:26 »

Actually, I just wanted to be able to watch movies that I've bought (or my family has bought), without having to carry my DVDs everywhere.

josiah

• Not quite a lurker
Re: DVD burning question for macs
« Reply #3 on: 08 Mar 2006, 03:14 »

Quote from: jhocking
Quote from: Abedrinkin
help me steal

Where it may be fun to discuss the legality of copying copyrighted media, precedents with other forms of media, including video and audio tape casettes, indicate a certain amount of "fair-use" privileges for individuals who have purchased a legally distributed copy. Theft is the unauthorized removal of physical property from the possession of its rightful owner, where breach of copyright the unauthorized duplication of a work. Breach of copyright is not stealing. If you would like more detailed discussion on this matter, I can continue later.

That said, it's not unlikely that you can find video decoding software that can dump the video to your hard drive. I believe mplayer can be installed on OSX, and may be able to do something like this, though you may have to comb through the internet to figure out how to do this sort of thing -- and you may have to do it in a Terminal window. It's also possible that programs designed for video editing could be helpful.

Jenno

• Furry furrier
« Reply #4 on: 08 Mar 2006, 04:23 »

http://handbrake.m0k.org/">Handbrake

(Warning: Dubious legality in most countries)

Matteh99

« Reply #5 on: 08 Mar 2006, 19:18 »

also mac the ripper

http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1701&start=0

You can tell DVD player to play a folder on your hard drive as if it was a DVD disk so you shouldn't hav a problem playing back the DVD's.
Pages: [1]   Go Up