Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 17 Jan 2022, 14:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: two timing tour  (Read 1258 times)

patch

two timing tour
« on: 03 Mar 2006, 22:00 »

on the nights of wednesday and thursday i saw the gossip, pretty girls make graves, thunderbirds are now!, the hold steady and les savy fav.
oh my oh my were they  all good, but les savy fav in oh my god particular.
anyone else seen just how much a frenzy les savy fav can turn an entire audience to? they are definately the best live band ive seen[/b]

Kai

• Methuselah's mentor
two timing tour
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2006, 22:33 »

I don't care about the rest of them, but I do like Thunderbirds Are Now!
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
Re: two timing tour
« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2006, 23:34 »

Quote from: patch
on the nights of wednesday and thursday i saw the gossip, pretty girls make graves, thunderbirds are now!, the hold steady and les savy fav.
oh my oh my were they  all good, but les savy fav in oh my god particular.
anyone else seen just how much a frenzy les savy fav can turn an entire audience to? they are definately the best live band ive seen[/b]

you lucky fucker. I've seen Hold Steady, Thunderbirds and Les Savy Fav live and all were amazing, but you're right about Les Savy Fav their performance at the Intonation festival last year was fucking bizzarly great.

"he set began with bubbles (from a bubble machine) and dust (from a mosh pit) mixing as Les Savy Fav thrashed their way through "Tragic Monsters". And then Tim Harrington went to work. He whipped wet sponges at the crowd (when he wasn't busy stuffing them down his shorts). He wrapped tin foil around his head. He asked the fellas to yell if their balls ever felt sore after taking a dump. He tried making out with a guy and a girl in the VIP section. When the crowd surged forward, sending the VIPs running for cover and nearly cutting the set short, he got into the crowd and had the guys and girls on the ground making sex noises. He gave the mic over to some folks in the front row for some screaming. He engaged the crowd in some call-and-response action. He pulled an inflatable chair out on stage and sucked on a beer while the band played. He also poured beer down his tight red shorts. He worked his ample pot belly as if pot bellies were the sexiest things ever. He stripped down to a speedo, and then donned a sun hat and shawl.

But wait-- there's more. As the group (on point throughout) vamped during a interlude in "Adopduction", Harrington again went backstage. For a Slip and Slide. Which he unfurled in the crowd. And dove onto. Finally: During the final song, a gawky kid ran onstage, grabbed something, and quickly ran off, with help from security personnel. Harrington, however, wanted the kid back onstage, and once the kid realized this, he quickly ran back on, played Sonny to Harrington's Cher on the mic, and then danced like the love child of Fugazi's Guy Picciotto and Seinfeld's Elaine Benes as members of Thunderbirds Are Now! hopped on to shake and beat stuff. After dancing, the kid took a picture of him and Harrington, with the crowd of thousands behind their heads. If that pic gets Flickr'd, I'd like to think he'd add a caption that says: Welcome to getting your mind blown. "

it was fucking amazing.

patch

two timing tour
« Reply #3 on: 06 Mar 2006, 05:37 »

the venue the show was in was small, but not as small as the small underground art gallery they played in last time, but there is an upper level with full view. tim decided to sit himself down on a piece of wood covering the pool table and gather around him strong burly audience men to lift him up while he sang his song until he could jump onto the balcony area and berate the crowd from above.
does he have a set repetoir of tricks or does he make them up as he goes? i think there should be a list
Pages: [1]   Go Up