THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 05:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About Comic Archives...  (Read 17486 times)

jibjib

About Comic Archives...
« on: 11 Mar 2006, 08:30 »

Im tyring to find a way to apply a single template to a large amount of pages.
when i update my comic, i have to make a new page specifically for each strip, and edit the "previous" and "next" buttons by hand.

i added a little scroll-down archive on each page, but just realized that to change it, i would have to go back through EVERY SINGLE page and change the archive.  obviously, this would only get more and more tedious with each new update.  how can i update numrous pages by changing a single peice of code? what is the solution?

mrtuesday42

About Comic Archives...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2006, 10:51 »

well im using dreamweaver mx to do and manage my comic...and there you can make a page and save it as html AND as a template...and then you can use the template on other pages and when u update/resave teh template page it changes all teh other pages...but i dont know how you would do that any other way...sry

genericalias

About Comic Archives...
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2006, 12:14 »

here's a script you can install on your server to take care of that stuff for you.  Then you only need to edit a few templates by hand.

There are a few others also, do a search on hotsripts.com if you're interested.  as a disclaimer i've never actually used any of them...yet.

here's the link:  http://xcomic.mikexstudios.com/Features
Pages: [1]   Go Up