THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Sep 2024, 20:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Franz Death Cab Show  (Read 4824 times)

edcho7000

Franz Death Cab Show
« on: 12 Apr 2006, 11:16 »

So i'm set to go see both Franz and Death Cab play a show in chicago later this month, the 19th i believe.  has anyone been to the other dates on this tour?  Who's been opening for who?  Either way I'm very excited!  that why i used and exclamation point.

Garcin

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2006, 11:44 »

Yeah, I'm seeing them tomorrow at Hammerstein Ballroom.  I'll let you know how it was.  No pics though -- apparently they are banning cameras :(

I sure am glad this forum is filled with nice, mature people who would not use a thread about attending a Franz Ferdinand/Death Cab show as an opportunity to let everyone know how much they dislike those two bands.  That's a good thing.  

That's why I'm so fond of this forum.

the whymy

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2006, 12:27 »

You're seeing them in Chicago? Where are they playing?

I didn't even know they were touring... *so lost*

edcho7000

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2006, 12:50 »

they're playing the aragon.

now i get the feeling we've woken up the franz deathcab haters, but hopefully not.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #4 on: 12 Apr 2006, 13:01 »

My first thought upon seeing this thread was that my nightmares had come true, and that pop-indie bands had all started merging into one great gelatinous blob capable of crushing cities and reducing AOR stations to a smear of ash with a mere single.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Garcin

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2006, 13:05 »

Quote from: Moiche
I sure am glad this forum is filled with nice, mature people who would not use a thread about attending a Franz Ferdinand/Death Cab show as an opportunity to let everyone know how much they dislike those two bands.  That's a good thing.  

That's why I'm so fond of this forum.

Ahem.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2006, 13:16 »

Where did I express my dislike?

I was being humorous. Do you not like humour?

...NAZI!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Garcin

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #7 on: 12 Apr 2006, 13:20 »

My bad -- I forgot that you are actually quite fond of both nightmares and giant gelatinous blobs.

Also:

The opener in NYC is "The Cribs".  Anyone ever hear anything about them?

Edit: Never mind, they are on rhapsody; listening now.

Edit2: Listenable, unbelievably derivative.  For laughs, read the pitchfork review.

missscenester

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #8 on: 12 Apr 2006, 14:07 »

I'm seeing them tonight in Boston! :)
I'll let you guys know how it is!

missscenester

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #9 on: 12 Apr 2006, 22:47 »

I saw them tonight!!!!!!
:) :) :)

The Cribs: pretty Cool
Death Cab:pretty cool but not much crowd engagement..and because they are Adult Alternative or whatevs, alot of older peeps there to see them..so yeah the crowd was bizzare...lol..but they were still cool

Franz Ferdinand: ..so supposedly they are "Co-Headliners" with Death cab....but they were AMAZING!!!! They stole the SHOW...it was soooooo good.... Alex Kapranos is Brilliant...such a sexy rockstar voice. And the band was great...they ha like a bunch of people playing the drums all together at the end...played ALL the good songs...had an AWZOME ENcor....we were standing up dancing and singing in our seats...they have awsome stage presence, hella

Epic....do enjoy them

missscenester

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #10 on: 12 Apr 2006, 22:51 »

My bad -- I forgot that you are actually quite fond of both nightmares and giant gelatinous blobs.

Also:

The opener in NYC is "The Cribs". Anyone ever hear anything about them?

Edit: Never mind, they are on rhapsody; listening now.

Edit2: Listenable, unbelievably derivative. For laughs, read the pitchfork review.

I'm sorry pitchfork gave the cribs such a bad review...I didn't think they were that bad at all, I quite like them. Oh well, just goes to show you, to each their own....

jcknbl

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2006, 23:10 »

I'm curious about the Death Cab set? How much of it was new stuff? Please tell me they haven't stopped playing stuff from We Have the Facts.

Garcin

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #12 on: 12 Apr 2006, 23:57 »

Quote from: missscenester
I'm sorry pitchfork gave the cribs such a bad review...I didn't think they were that bad at all, I quite like them. Oh well, just goes to show you, to each their own....

Well their album does sound a lot like the Strokes -- but no I didn't agree with the Pitchfork review at all.  Absolutely -- to each their own :)

Now you've whetted my appetite -- can't wait for FF tomorrow!

nescience

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #13 on: 13 Apr 2006, 00:54 »

And I think he doesn't mind the reduction of AOR radio stations into smears of ash either.

missscenester

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #14 on: 13 Apr 2006, 17:30 »

Quote from: jcknbl
I'm curious about the Death Cab set? How much of it was new stuff? Please tell me they haven't stopped playing stuff from We Have the Facts.

Actually I think most of their stuff wasn't from their new album...I haven't listened to their new album much, but I recognized most of their songs.

Now you've whetted my appetite -- can't wait for FF tomorrow!

Oh you will love them! They had such awsome stage presence! Do let us know what you thought.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #15 on: 14 Apr 2006, 10:12 »

Does Ben Gibbard really do that weird side to side swaying thing on stage, or does he save that for Letterman?

o.O I mean, I love DCfC, but man, you look goofy on stage.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Garcin

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2006, 12:06 »

Quote from: missscenester
Oh you will love them! They had such awsome stage presence! Do let us know what you thought.

I really enjoyed them.  They slowed down a lot of their faster songs (most notably Killers and 40') which was unexpected, but still very cool.  Hammerstein was a great venue for this show -- despite the fact that it was sold out, it wasn't suffocating, and their was a big venue for FF's big sound.

Quote from: Valley_Parade
Does Ben Gibbard really do that weird side to side swaying thing on stage, or does he save that for Letterman?

There was a bit of swaying but not so much that I actually remarked on it until you mentioned it.  I think that Gibbard & co were really nervous about the Letterman show.  Gibbard remarked that they had done the show earlier that day (yesterday) and that he didn't think that Letterman had really liked them because he didn't get out of his chair to shake their hands.  To which someone in the band replied "Well fuck him".

Gibbard does have some really wierd stage manners though -- between songs he says things like "Thank-you, you're being really gracious".   Umm . . . I understand that you're not a typical pop star, dude, but the Seattle "just an ordinary guy" thing may have been taken a little too far what with the thousands and thousands of baying fans.  Of course, I guess it's just part of his charm, and it does appear to be genuine.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #17 on: 14 Apr 2006, 16:38 »

I thought it was kinda odd that Dave didn't get up.

IIRC, Ben was the same way on SNL, too.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2006, 19:41 »

Quote from: This whole thread
LOOK GUYS I GET TO SEE FRANZ FERDINAND AND DEATH CAB LIVE JUST BECAUSE I LIVE CLOSE TO ONE OF THE MAJOR URBAN CENTRES THEY CHOSE TO HIT ON THIS TOUR, YEAH I'M SO AWESOME

...jerks.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

edcho7000

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #19 on: 17 Apr 2006, 13:29 »

i'm gearin up to drive to chicago to see this show... can't wait!

nescience

Franz Death Cab Show
« Reply #20 on: 17 Apr 2006, 14:44 »

Actually, now thinking about Khar's comment, it kinda does make me think of the Fucking Champs and Trans Am collaborations, the Transchamps and the Fucking AM.

Only shitty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up