THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 06:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Harry Potter Spoiler.  (Read 13912 times)

Number17

• Not quite a lurker
The Harry Potter Spoiler.
« on: 13 May 2007, 20:08 »

It's been very well known that the last Harry Potter book will be released at the same time as the movie. You may or may not be a fan and that doesn't bother me. However, after stemming through some Harry Potter forums, fansites, and various other places is has been well know that there were sections to the novel that was leaked.

One man, David Thorne, of Hatfield, England has managed (among a few choice others) to get an early copy of the book. He created a website dedicated to the spoilers with pictures of the book and pages where the spoilers were at. However, the site has since been shut down and I cannot find ANYWHERE that has pictures of the pages. The website was http://thehpspoiler.dav.org/ however you wont find anything at all there.

However, I did manage to save every spoiler in a text based form. I can't really provide anymore proof beyond what I can tell you above and I know that a lot of you are going to not believe me, but I feel like doing this topic anyway.

Don't read beyond this point if you don't want the book ruined for you:

---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------
----------

SPOILERS!

-Hogwarts is barely able to be reopened with Prof. McGonagall as the acting headmaster. However, the halls feel very empty as many wizard and muggle parents are afraid to have their children enrolled in the dangerous school. Harry Potter does not return so the story is about him and what his friends are doing at the school.

-Ginny Weasley begins dating again much to the anger and frustration of Ron and Hermione who think she is betraying Harry.

-There is a rough scene in the book that sort of implies that Ron and Hermione have had sex during the summer however it's been revealed that it doesn't go beyond just how awkward they act around each other a little while after school starts.

-Voldemort supporter's attacks have increased over the years to the point where Muggles are becoming very suspicious about the attacks.

-All and any Quiddich has been banned for the saftey of the students. However, there are secret practices going on through the night.

-Defense against Dark Arts is heavily needed with McGonagall herself teaching it.

-It turns out that R.A.B is Regulus Arcturus Black.

-Harry searches out and finds all of the Horcuxes and destroys them weakining Voldemort. However, there is still one left that has not been destroyed.

-It is revealed that Snape did not want to kill Dumbledore, but knew what he had to do. Harry battles with him, but loses horribly. Snape decides to teach Harry if he is ever really going to kill the Dark Lord whilst playing his part. He is later killed when Voldemort, all this time, knew that Snape was a double spy.

MAJOR SPOILERS:

-It is revealed at last that in the final desperation before Voldemort was destroyed the first time that he put the other bit of his soul in Harry Potter's scar. Harry Potter is the last and final Horcrux. Harry, thinking he has the upper hand, tells Voldemort that he cannot kill him because he is the final horcrux. However, Voldemort taunts him revealing another trophy he has and says, "I can afford to lose one more," before engaging in a wizards battle with Harry.

-Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and several others are fighting the dark wizards. Ron gets struck by an Avada Kedavra spell and is killed in the process.

-In the final battle Voldemort gets the upper hand and begins to slowly torture Harry with various spells. Draco Malfoy finally seeing what the dark side really is like hits Voldemort with a weak spell. Harry, finally free, his Voldemort with a forbidden spell killing him. His scar fades away and Voldemort melts into dust and smoke.

-Harry attends Ron's funeral comforting a weeping Ginny and Hermione as he decides to live his life to the fullest with his friends. He would always remember them and all the good times they have. He is celebrated as the one who destroyed Voldemort, but cannot live with such fame like that. He decides to go off on is own for a while. Not before telling Ginny he will come back for her. It hints that he will come back later to finish his last year at Hogworts.

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
Re: The Harry Potter Spoiler.
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2007, 20:28 »

...I won't believe any of it until
1. It's on Leaky Cauldron
2. The book comes out.

Sorry, you just don't have enough cred. And some of that stuff is like major "Duh". Jeez. I mean, -course- Snape didn't kill Dumbledore because he -wanted- to... gawd. Any braniac knows -that-!  :roll:

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #2 on: 13 May 2007, 20:50 »

Pics or it didn't happen.  And not to be mean or anything, but only a complete dick would post spoilers that huge on a message board.  You should have said you'd PM someone the details (if anyone had the gall to believe you anyways).  And the Snape is good theory has been tossed around for quite sometime, and I'm pretty sure JK Rowling has dismissed it at least once.

J.K. Rowlings' websites' rumor section states that quidditch is continuing under a new captain with two new beaters...wouldn't this mean a captain had to be appointed?
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

ThePQ4

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2007, 20:59 »

Hey, hey, hey now...do -not- dismiss the Snape-is-good theory. I will -live- by that until I -die- (even if I am wrong...he is GOOD damn it!!)
The other 'duh', I've got to say is the Regulus thing. I mean, it's pretty blantly obvious...as is Ron dying --although, I am hoping for a suprise (HermioneHermioneHermione!) on that front.
Oh spoilers and rumors are so much fun.
And I don't read J.K. Rowling's website Dimmukane, so I can't really say anything about the Quidditch situation... I think I've heard that there isn't any Quidditch in the last book at all though (very disappointed in that).

...Why can't we all just be patient for the book and wait? What is up with so-called "fans" trying to ruin everything for other "fans"? I mean, I love spoilers and crap just as much as the next person, but seriously... Gosh.

Oh, another thing (besides us needing spoiler tags...), this could have been posted in the Deathly Hallows thread that has been ongoing. --I'm fairly certain I haven't seen you in the I'm New section yet, Number17 so I suggest you make a pit stop there if you're going to stick around the fourm.

Number17

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2007, 21:50 »

Okay, you guys are very smart.

Not that it matters much but I'm trying to spread the rumor around to various places that Harry Potter has finally been spoiled. I've already employed this through various e-mails, myspace, and other forums with people ACTUALLY believing it.

Most of this is just fan speculation confirmed, a little twist I put in there, and goofing around (the sex thing should have thrown most people off). While, I could go around every forum I know and ask people to spread this rumor around and maybe convince someone to do a very nice photoshop, I figured it would be easier to go on with the lie.

I know I have no evidence or websites so my goal really is just to REALLY try to sell it. I mean I want to sell it really hard so I can get most gullible goofs out there to believe it. I want it to become something of a spectacle. How is it that Harry Potter can be spoiled so early? Impossible, but there will be those out there who will believe this. In fact I encouraged the other people who spread this out to add on to whatever subject I didn't touch. However, to make it believeable. This is why I am using such a small group to help out doing this.

At first it was just a little joke, but I wondered how good I could do it to convince people. Apperently I've convinced so much so far that they are already making phrases similiar to "SNAPE KILLS DUMBELDORE" such as:

-RON DIES LMFAO
-DEATH EATER KILLS RON
-RON DIES AFTER SEX WITH HERMIONE
-RON TAPS HERMIONE

It's gotten good enough to where people are spreading it around in chat and various other places:

noodlesboy111 (9:21:01 PM): holy shit
noodlesboy111 (9:21:10 PM): I found the plot for the new harry potter book
noodlesboy111 (9:21:13 PM): link
noodlesboy111 (9:21:29 PM): RON DIES
-------------- (9:21:54 PM): what!?!?!
noodlesboy111 (9:22:13 PM): CLICK LINK FOR HARRY POTTER SPOILERS
--------------- (9:22:48 PM): how do you know this is true?
noodlesboy111 (9:22:57 PM): sounds reasonable
noodlesboy111 (9:23:01 PM): credible person
noodlesboy111 (9:23:09 PM): lots of detail
---------------- (9:23:36 PM): wow thats sad

So maybe you all want to be part of this.

Maybe you want to ruin my fun of spreading this rumor. Who knows?

CmonMiracle

« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2007, 23:45 »

This is ridiculous.

Spinless

« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2007, 03:28 »

Harry Potter is ridiculous, as are it's fans. (Sorry Lunchy :()

I for one found this hilarious. Seems a little like a waste of this guys time, but it's still really funny. I almost wish I'd done it first on a much bigger scale, but that would require far too much effort. There's something immensely satisfying about convincing gullible people of silly and/or ridiculous things.
If you've really fooled as many people as you say you have, well done!

Note: This is actually a really dickish thing to do too, even if I did find it funny. Don't be dicks folks, do not prey on the gullible. 

Number17

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2007, 08:38 »

A thought out letter in anger:

Why would you post those spoilers? This isn't going to stay here, you know. People are gonna be putting it everywhere, and you might be a major part in ruining one of the most anticipated book releases the world has ever seen. Knowing the ending completely takes away from the magic tons of adoring fans will be feeling when they finally line up at midnight to get their books. I hope it's worth the kudos you'll get from your online buddys....

(ruined it for me too btw, but thats now the point)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2007, 09:10 »

LOLZ UR SO FUNY.

Everyone has their own little theory about the book and trying to ruin it for people is silly. Spinless has got it right.
« Last Edit: 14 May 2007, 15:01 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ThePQ4

« Reply #9 on: 14 May 2007, 10:26 »

This is actually a really dickish thing to do

And that's putting it nicely. --I'm sure on a Harry Potter fourm people would have some choice words for you...

PLUS, as I was thinking about this (just a moment ago, it's not like I mulled over it forever. Contrary to popylar belief, I do have a life...), Even if someone got an early copy --they would have sign a bunch (A BUNCH) of papers stating that they wouldn't release information about it. Trust me, my Aunt is a librarian and will receive two copies early. She has to sign papers stating that the books will not leave the premises of the library and that (though she can read it) the book will not be presented to the public before it's national debute. So even if some dumbass -did- get a copy, they would be legally sworn to secrecy or face a lawsuit.

I feel sorry for gullible people.

Number17

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2007, 12:15 »

Someone told me they saw this on 4chan /b/ so I dunno if I should happy about that or not.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2007, 13:08 »

:laugh:

Don't mess with JKR - she'll kick your ass.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2007, 14:18 »

[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

ThePQ4

« Reply #13 on: 14 May 2007, 18:44 »

Firstly, Blyss...don't emoticon-vomit. Use them sparingly...thank you.

Secondly, you gave me a brilliant idea for a future bumpersticker for my future car...
"When I grow up, I wanna be like JKR --that bitch is richer then the Queen!"

Not only will this confuse people who don't read, but it will amuse people who do. Yays!

Spinless

« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2007, 05:52 »

It'd be a real asshole move if the spoilers were real. But they're not. Therefore this is absolutely hilarious.

That said, I know a star wars fan that somehow managed to spoil the last star wars movie several months before it's release through speculation.
Obviously we all knew how the movie would end, but he predicted scenes just over 7 months before he saw the movie.
"I think Count Dooku is going to be killed really early, executed by Anakin under orders of Palpatine in order to help him turn to the dark side."
"Obi Wan is going to kill Grievous and it will be as disapointing as every other cool villain's death."
"Some Jedis are going to go arrest Palpatine, and he will kill them. One of them will be Mace Windu who will kick his ass before getting chopped to bits."
"The clones are going to turn on the Jedis and execute them all in battle. This should make for some great fight scenes" (he was half right here)
"Anakin will kill all the kidlets" (Did this guy actually find a more ridiculous word for children than 'younglings'?)
"Anakin will bonk Padme who will get pregnant and they will be born before the end of the movie, this'll make the gestation period about a week. The children will be called Luke and Leia."
"Obi Wan will fight Anakin over a big lava planet, chop him to bits and leave him to burn to death. The Emperor will find him and make him all robotty."

Uhm...offtopic much?

alongwaltz

« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2007, 06:55 »

If any of the main three characters die, the kids will bawl their eyes out.

So I can't see it happening.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #16 on: 15 May 2007, 09:33 »

Firstly, Blyss...don't emoticon-vomit. Use them sparingly...thank you.

Secondly, you gave me a brilliant idea for a future bumpersticker for my future car...
"When I grow up, I wanna be like JKR --that bitch is richer then the Queen!"

Not only will this confuse people who don't read, but it will amuse people who do. Yays!

Duly noted.

:D
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #17 on: 15 May 2007, 09:55 »

If any of the main three characters die, the kids will bawl their eyes out.
You mean the kids who read the first novel way back in 1997? Harry's been around for a decade. The majority of this book's target audience - the kids who were around for the first book's release - is composed of people who are about to hit or already in their twenties. Somehow I gather we'll be fine.

Thanks for tuning in and please join me next time on The Sobering Minute.

alongwaltz

« Reply #18 on: 15 May 2007, 19:13 »

So kids don't read this series anymore?  It's baffling why they still keep the books in the children's section of the bookstore and advertise the movie during Saturday morning cartoons then.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2007, 06:42 »

Harry Potter vs. Star Wars pic

Uhm...offtopic much?

HA! That's awesome.

I'm sure kids still read it, as well as adults, but most of the people who started reading it when the books started are around their 20s now. Like me. The book stores I go to, anyways, keep them in the "Young Adult" section, not the children's section. (And I watched Saturday morning cartoons until the cartoons got crappy, which was in early high school, so hey.)

Scytale

« Reply #20 on: 20 May 2007, 08:48 »

The more I think about it the more I think it would be a good idea for Harry to die at the end, maybe have him suffer fatal wounds from his battle with L.V or something. Have him live just long enough to finish off Voldy then kick the bucket.

It'll be a tradegy, it'l teach all the kiddies an important lesson,  it'll make for a good ending and people won't pester her about writing more books.

The absolute worst ending will be if Prof. Snape turns out to be good and everyone walks off into the sunset happily ever after, with the success of the movie franchise I suppos this is sort of inevitiable that this will happen though everyone will live happily ever after and there will be no great lesson learned.

öde

« Reply #21 on: 20 May 2007, 13:22 »

It'll be a tradegy, it'l teach all the kiddies an important lesson,  it'll make for a good ending and people won't pester her about writing more books.

Like what?

"Our world is so bleak that even in fairy tales decent people die."

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #22 on: 20 May 2007, 17:59 »

You mean the kids who read the first novel way back in 1997? Harry's been around for a decade. The majority of this book's target audience - the kids who were around for the first book's release - is composed of people who are about to hit or already in their twenties. Somehow I gather we'll be fine.
I will probably cry my eyes out. I did at the end of the last book, and if Harry dies at the end of this one, I will be a wreck.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #23 on: 02 Jun 2007, 16:06 »

The absolute worst ending will be if Prof. Snape turns out to be good and everyone walks off into the sunset happily ever after, with the success of the movie franchise I suppos this is sort of inevitiable that this will happen though everyone will live happily ever after and there will be no great lesson learned.
Actually if Snape is good, it's better. Instead of the nasty guy being evil and the hero being right, the nasty guy is a good guy and the hero made a bad call. Plus, some stuff about choice and the like. Some sort of lesson.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Scytale

« Reply #24 on: 04 Jun 2007, 06:56 »

All right I'll try to explain my theories about a few of the characters etc, this may not make sense cause this is all sort of stream of conciousness stuff comming out here.

I've never liked the character of Professor Snape, he's vindictive and he's held onto a grudge for way too long, the character has no admirable traits (that I can identify with, at any rate), I think the scene at the start of the last book demonstrated he's not loyal to either of the 'causes', all he cares about is saving he's own skin. The way I see it Snape's been hedging he's bets waiting to see which side would come out ahead. As the unbreakable vow thing he swore proved, put the slightest pressure on him and he'll cave, now he's stuck with the decision he forced himself into. I think he'll have to choose between he's own life and someone elses (maybe Prof Lupin) and he'll choose himself.

The way the character Harry has been written I think he's being setup to die, I've been thinking it since the end of book 4, the last two books have really pushed the idea a bit further in my mind. He's got this kind of victim complex about him, no one believes him, except a couple of kids and a slightly eccentric old man, he gets saddled with a massive destiny, suddenly finds himself raised up on a pedestal he's under all sorts of pressure, suddenly he's the choosen one.  He's character reminds me off a kind of cross between Frodo from LOTR and Shinji from Evangellion (god I feel like a geek now).  He's under a lot of pressure he's emotionally damaged from abuse \ neglect and the feelings that he's responisble for a lot of the deaths that have occured in the books. But hey at least he has 2 loyal friends.

Anyway the only really concievable way I can see the story ending is with Hary being martyred some big symbol for people to rally around and to prove to the wizard's world that they need to change. I really don't think the character is well adjusted enough to survive as a hero, he's a lot like Frodo in LOTR, he's allready been damaged by he's quest, without the quest theres no real place for him (someones going to argue back here about Ron's sister being he's motivation to survive I can tell, :( I've got some thoughts about that as well but I'll save those for another time ).

Anyway that my take on the books knowing me I'm probably way off and the series will end completely differently but I really don't want to see a and "everyone lived happily ever after" kind of ending I don't mind a happy ending just not a fairy tale everyones perfectly ok ending.

Gah I can't believe I spent 20 minutes writing all that out, gah it probably reads like the derrange ramblings of a crack addict oh well, so be it.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2007, 17:29 »

The trio don't die.  Two people do die. 

SPOILER ALERT:

One character who dies is Albus Dumbledore.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #26 on: 07 Jun 2007, 08:40 »

Uhm....

K.

So he dies twice then?

:?

My blog

ThePQ4

« Reply #27 on: 07 Jun 2007, 10:37 »

Yeah, so I saw the thread in my updated list this morning and it reminded me to go check Leaky, which directed me to J.K. Rowling's offical website, and I just thought I'd add this from her site:

MAY 14th

A couple of weeks ago (April 28th, if you want to go and search the archive) the Potter fansite The Leaky Cauldron posted an editorial on potential spoilers for "Deathly Hallows". It made me laugh, but I was also incredibly moved and grateful.

We're a little under three months away, now, and the first distant rumblings of the weirdness that usually precedes a Harry Potter publication can be heard on the horizon. The Leaky Cauldron's early mission statement on spoilers (ie, don't, and we're not putting them up if you do) is deeply appreciated by yours truly.

I add my own plea to Melissa's for one reason, and one only: I want the readers who have, in many instances, grown up with Harry, to embark on the last adventure they will share with him without knowing where they are they going.

Some, perhaps, will read this and take the view that all publicity is good publicity, that spoilers are part of hype, and that I am trying to protect sales rather than my readership. However, spoilers won't stop people buying the book, they never have - all it will do is diminish their pleasure in the book.

There will always be sad individuals who get their kicks from ruining other people's fun, but while sites like Leaky take such an active stance against them, we may yet win. Even if the biggest secret gets out - even if somebody discovers the Giant Squid is actually the world's largest Animagus, which rises from the lake at the eleventh hour, transforms into Godric Gryffindor and... well, I wouldn't like to spoil it.

I am a bit sad that there will be no official spoilers, but it will be exciting to get the book with -no- idea as to what will be inside. Scary too.

Mikagon

• Emoticontraindication
  • Toes!
« Reply #28 on: 13 Jun 2007, 19:45 »

I'm a girl! I have a vagina for god's sake!

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #29 on: 19 Jun 2007, 08:11 »

Rocks fall and everyone dies.

Classic.

My blog

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #30 on: 19 Jun 2007, 16:37 »

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE PAGE 606

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #31 on: 09 Jul 2007, 09:50 »

Nerd

I'm not nerdy enough to quote pages, but...

Dumbledore tells Draco that they can make it appear he is dead to save his life.  Foreshadowing?  I think so...
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #32 on: 09 Jul 2007, 10:50 »

Don't get your hopes up. People seem to stay dead in her books (minus Pettigrew, because he didn't really die).

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #33 on: 22 Jul 2007, 19:54 »

Well, as it turns out, he got like two things right.  The rest is complete rubbish. 
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #34 on: 22 Jul 2007, 20:12 »

Yeah, I finished it yesterday.

Basically the best I can say about it is it was certainly a Harry Potter book.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #35 on: 22 Jul 2007, 22:55 »

Harry Potter = Star wars pic

That's a bit of a long bow.

If you want to see a scarily close parallels compare the Star Wars trilogy to Eragon/Eldest.

Again off topic much.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Mieville

« Reply #36 on: 25 Jul 2007, 12:36 »

Rocks fall and everyone dies.

Classic.

Yes, that would be the awesomest and only Harry Potter book I would buy!

Dreamwalker

« Reply #37 on: 27 Jul 2007, 23:00 »

It's funny how wrong those spoilers are.

Oh, hey 17. Fancy that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up