THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 04:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: #QC group on steamfriends  (Read 9846 times)

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
#QC group on steamfriends
« on: 14 Sep 2007, 11:04 »

So yeah, after much discussion *ahem* over on the QuestionableContent irc channel we decided to make a steam friends group thingy and urge anyone with a steam ID to join in the fun and hi-jinx.

To stop everyone and their grandmothers from joining it is invite only, so PM me or uno or any of the other members for an invite.

The website is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/questionablecontent/

glhf :D
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

ackblom12

Re: #QC group on steamfriends
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2007, 17:34 »

Seriously, Steam Community has pretty much negated any need I have for X-Fire and Ventrilo both.

Aslo, should we start adding SteamIDs to the Wii Friend Code/Gamertag thread?

eth0

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2007, 21:34 »

MY GUN CAN HAS GO BANG LOL!

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2007, 17:49 »

No.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

3Z3VH

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2007, 23:28 »

Gah !!! I guess my boycot of steam is over.  I was LANing at a friend's house this weekend and he insisted I try Team Fortress 2, and I had to buy it on the spot.  That game is just too much fun !
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2007, 06:13 »

can we make multiple steam ids on one account?

Because I share an account with my brother...
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2007, 12:33 »

Shoot!, Well I guess I'll make a steamid before he does...  :evil:
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

clockworkjames

« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2007, 18:33 »

I guess I am the only one who finds TF2 a bit dull. it's like dystopia, all people at LAN love it buty I hatre it. Too many rules and shit to do, I just end up with a massive frag count and no teamwork points because I dunno what to do except shoot people in the face.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2007, 10:26 »

Try Fortress Forever; you'll love it. Plenty of face-shooting goodness.

clockworkjames

« Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2007, 18:40 »

I almost take back what I said about TF2, it is okay as some classes. I also redownloaded dystopia and hidden source, they are not THAT bad :D

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #10 on: 18 Oct 2007, 07:01 »

What we need in #QC is to get together on TF2 as a team to see how each of us come together for our strengths/weaknesses. I can see by your stats that you are an awesome sniper (at least compared to me; don't have enough patience. 4 headshots in 1 spawn? Not bad at all). And I like to think of myself as an okay engineer... so we've got a pretty good defense started already.

clockworkjames

« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2007, 01:22 »

What we need in #QC is to get together on TF2 as a team to see how each of us come together for our strengths/weaknesses. I can see by your stats that you are an awesome sniper (at least compared to me; don't have enough patience. 4 headshots in 1 spawn? Not bad at all). And I like to think of myself as an okay engineer... so we've got a pretty good defense started already.

OMG YOU BEEN SPYING ON ME!
 I learned the mechanics of the game as a sniper since I am clan AWPer in CS, I like running around with a bat as a scout, got ALOT of kills, I think 7-8 using just the bat one round because some people don't stay situationally aware but that was at LAN so it doesn't count. The whole charge up sniping is... guh, no quickscope so I like to be a scout or someone who blows shit up depending on attack/defence/flag cap. As for getting together, would need to figure something out with the whole, ocean thing.

You could get a pretty good US team though.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #12 on: 19 Oct 2007, 05:24 »

Oh, yeah. Keep forgetting that there are a lot of Brits on this forum. Ah well. Maybe you guys can make a British TF2 team...

clockworkjames

« Reply #13 on: 23 Oct 2007, 00:43 »

Righty ho, just get a few scouts out and show them what for eh chaps?
Scout with a bat = underrated
I suck at medicking (for once in a game, normally I am a good healer, eg. medic with lots of badges http://www.bf2stats.nl/player/42282407/) but you really cannot stay the same class in public. Scouts defending is often lame whereas soldiers and demo men are good. Heavys cannot run the flag but scouts run it best especially in confined maps etc.

I just tend to leave pyro, spy, heavy and medic to people who know how to play the class.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #14 on: 23 Oct 2007, 05:32 »

All four of those classes have a certain style to 'em that works great. For Pyro, just try to get a lot of people on fire; don't worry so much about sustained fire, that stuff sticks nicely. Also realize that people will run from a Pyro like nothing else. The intel could be right between your legs and they'll back the hell off. Excellent if you've got a cluster of people. Makes wonderful panic. If you see a medic, TORCH HIM GOOD! He can heal anyone else's flames, but can't heal his own.

For Spy, it just seems best to try to blend in with the other team, find defensive structures sans engies, and sap 'em, or lone defenders (snipers) and shank 'em, and the biggest thing, DON'T STARE AT PEOPLE! That's the biggest spy tell is when you just stare at someone like "do they know I'm a spy? will they turn around?" Guaranteed to get you perished.

Heavies are very simple. For D, find either a room that's nice-sized but not huge, and blast anyone walking into it (friend or foe, in case of spies), or of you prefer offense, team up with a medic or two and go on a killing spree rampage. If you uber against a sentry-engy combo, try to aim in this order [dispenser, engy, turret]. The dispenser will give the engy all the metal he needs as well as heal him, and the turret will crack like an egg under a steamroller after the engy is gone.

Medic is probably the easiest class to play acceptably (more of a science playing to its fullest, but that takes a lot of practice and trial & error); just find someone getting hurt and heal 'em, also try to stay away from pyros. Save your uber for when either you're about to die and lose it anyway, or when there is someone nearby going on the offense against something tough, like a sentry-hammering engy.

That's my two cents, at least. Other people might find different play styles work better, but this seems to work best from what I've seen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up