THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 May 2024, 03:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)  (Read 636536 times)

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
Re: Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)
« Reply #350 on: 04 Jan 2008, 11:56 »

Temporary (bad) post-haircut photo. It's weird and annoying (hangs down into my face :x), but I'm hoping I'll get used to it - so far I'm digging the lighter feel. She said she layered it a bit and cut off a lot, but I don't think it was that much, at least not in the back.. She said it was drastic enough, though, I'm sorta thinking she was afraid I'd regret it or something. But hey, I can always chop off more later, but growing it out if she cut off too much would take longer.
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2008, 11:58 by Ladybug »

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #351 on: 04 Jan 2008, 14:41 »

I think it would be massively awesome if you tied it in a bit of a ponytailsortofthingorhoweveryoucallthem, with just bits hanging lose on the front. The problem i always have with a hairstyle like this, is that it sort of seems to hide your face a bit, which always to me gives an impression of a bit of insecurity.

Kinda... (does this sound like it makes sense?)

Also, here is proof my facial hair isnt shaved off (yet)

Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

SeanBateman

« Reply #352 on: 04 Jan 2008, 15:05 »

The facial hair doesn't do anything for you, really.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #353 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:14 »

[Hairstuff]
Yeah, I get what you mean, and I kinda agree. Sure, there is lots of insecurity there, but it's not like I want to show it off or whatever. However, the hair hanging into my face like that drives me nuts, so I might continue just tucking it behind my ears, if I don't get used to it. The ponytailthingy with hanging "bangs"/whatever it's called doesn't work for me, 'cause my face is too fat/wide, it looks stupid. Might work if/when I lose more weight.

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #354 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:23 »

Black Dye, yay or nay?

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #355 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:24 »

You have pretty eyes.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #356 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:26 »

Nay, but mostly because you would remind me of someone I went to school with. It could work, but I kinda like the colour you have now.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #357 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:30 »

I, too, say nay because when I imagine that picture with black hair, I slightly prefer how it is currently.

Also because I doubt Yay is spelled that way, but if I type yea I look like I'm from the dark ages.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Chrasstor

« Reply #358 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:45 »

No black huh?

I was kinda thinking black hair and a piercing... But that's kinda cliche I guess.

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #359 on: 04 Jan 2008, 17:50 »

it's "yea".

Chrasstor

« Reply #360 on: 04 Jan 2008, 18:14 »

I say "Yay". Like when you get a cake and you go "Yay".

Fuck you.

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #361 on: 04 Jan 2008, 18:19 »

We could compromise and say "Yeehaw!"
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #362 on: 04 Jan 2008, 21:51 »

Keep the brown dude.

Piercing, depends on the kind of crowd you hang out with. Prepare for mild to moderate insults. From people you didn't expect them from.

I'd say go for it.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #363 on: 04 Jan 2008, 23:27 »

Please, no on the black dye. The likelihood that it will look half decent is so small compared to the looming possibility of you looking like an idiot.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #364 on: 05 Jan 2008, 16:56 »

I am currently turning red AS WE SPEAK.

Also I won't be undercutting properly now like I was looking forward to because our area manager came down, put me in charge of my own department and made comments to my boss about my pink hair not being serious enough.  Or something?

Anyway I think I will just go to the hairdresser soonish and get it cut short probably.  I am back to where I started!  i don't know how to make it look nice!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #365 on: 05 Jan 2008, 17:25 »

Crasstor, I think you should lighten it a bit if anything, so that it exactly matches the colour of your eyes. That'd be much more badass than black.
Ho, ho, ho!

Spinless

« Reply #366 on: 06 Jan 2008, 00:42 »

hmmm
The more I consider the implications of this thread, the more I think we need more like it! I believe that no human should be in charge of their own personal appearance!

Two of the formerly most attractive people I ever knew have now RUIIIINED their appearances with terribly fortnightly hair experiments and a really bad eaaaar piercing.
Her hair used to be beautiful, then she dyed, and it looked nice. Now she dyes it frequently and you can't even tell what colour it is anymore! And her hair is now really thin, you can tell so easily! And it looks like it may break off!
And him! His ear! The piercing looks awfully silly, but I am too polite to say 'that makes you look like an asshole'!!! What is worse, the tissue around the piercing has turned into lumpy scar tissue! It is huge! I am deeply saddened that these attractive people have ruined themselves to look at.

What I am trying to say...
Is that we should pay more attention to this thread.

Chrasstor, if you want the piercing, get it. But be CERTAIN about where you want it, and be ridiculously obsessive with your aftercare and maintenance! Be careful not to look like an asshole! But don't go for the dye job. If you really must, you can go a darker brown. But not black!
I am genuinely concerned about you and your appearance. There are things you can do that aren't dye-jobs and piercings. Even the slightest haircut can make a huge difference, and clothes! Oh my, new clothes are fantastic. Maybe attempt an even haircut and comb it once in a while?

Hmm...maybe I'll deliver anonymous notes through their letterboxes in the middle of the night when they sleep expressing my concerns about their physical appearance...
Yes.
Because that wouldn't be strange or unwelcome, whatsoever!

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #367 on: 06 Jan 2008, 02:33 »

darryl i don't normally say this to people on the internet but maybe you should go to bed?

PacoSees

« Reply #368 on: 06 Jan 2008, 07:24 »

No black huh?

I was kinda thinking black hair and a piercing... But that's kinda cliche I guess.

Yes.

But as to the piercing, I got my ear pierced about two months ago, and aside from the "Oh harr harr, you got it in the wrong ear," comment (it was only one), people seem to be saying "You have the right face for it. It looks good."

The point being: We have a similar face, but I have a sketchy mustache and I shave my head.

Go for it!

Spinless

« Reply #369 on: 06 Jan 2008, 08:12 »

Roo, thankyou for expressing your concern, I do appreciate it. As far as sleep goes, I think I'm doing okay right now. But, I got these words, in my head, just swirling around. And I have to type pointless drivel sometimes to try and put some sort of order to them so I don't get a headache. It's easy enough to avoid, and I do hope it doesn't bother anybody to read what I think sometimes and see me use tangential stories in order to try to better convey my feelings on a certain topic. My feelings in this particular case being that it's generally not a good idea to dye your hair black and that you have to be real fucking careful if you want a piercing.

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #370 on: 06 Jan 2008, 08:14 »

Spinless, I agree with your sentiments. Also, semi-rants are fun.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2008, 15:31 by GenericName »

Spinless

« Reply #371 on: 06 Jan 2008, 12:04 »

That is a bigger issue here than you may think!

Several times on this forum I have expressed my desires to bed somebody, and I'm still not 100% certain on what their gender is.

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #372 on: 06 Jan 2008, 12:25 »

I didn't specify something?
I'm a guy.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #373 on: 06 Jan 2008, 12:39 »

I got my haircut.  It's not bad. 

I might have to dye it to cover the pink so I can get a job.  Bah. 
Oh, and I'm of the female persuasion.

What is worse, the tissue around the piercing has turned into lumpy scar tissue! It is huge!

You really would not be being an asshole if you politely told this guy to take out the piercing.  The jewelry will only continue to irritate the scar and it will keep getting bigger.  He's probably just hoping that it will go away.  It won't. 

Spinless

« Reply #374 on: 06 Jan 2008, 12:50 »

I thought that much would be obvious? It already looks to be maybe half the size of a pea.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #375 on: 06 Jan 2008, 15:28 »

Okay, I'm getting remarkably tired of the fact that my hair is long enough that I can't just ignore its existence, so it's time to get rid of some or all of it.  Right now it looks like this:

I'm very tempted just to shave it, because that would be cheaper, more convenient, and probably more amusing than paying someone to cut it.  On the other hand I am vaguely worried that it could be a really stupid idea.  I did shave it once before, here is a really low quality picture of what it looked like:

So, should I shave it?  Or would I be better advised to get an actual haircut?

BobJoeJim

« Reply #376 on: 06 Jan 2008, 15:49 »

I know I don't need a haircut for aesthetic purposes, I like the way it looks when I take the time to wash it and comb it and whatnot.  The problem is I'm lazy and hate doing that.  I want it to be short enough to ignore, which right now it isn't.  I can give you a picture from when I roll out of bed if you doubt me, hehe.  So the question here isn't "should I get rid of some of my hair" because I'm going to.  The question is, when I do get rid of some of it, would getting rid of ALL of it be stupid?

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #377 on: 06 Jan 2008, 16:04 »

From the low-quality picture and my imagination, you can pull off the shaved head look, so if you're looking for low maintenance, I'd say go for that.

Personal anecdote: On another forum, a guy unironically said, "grow long hair because all you have to do is give it a good shake and you're good to go." I immediately cringed.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #378 on: 06 Jan 2008, 16:45 »

I don't comb my hair either, and it's shoulder length and curly. Combs are not necessary!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ăśde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #379 on: 06 Jan 2008, 16:52 »

Several times on this forum I have expressed my desires to bed somebody, and I'm still not 100% certain on what their gender is.

Not knowing is half the fun!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #380 on: 06 Jan 2008, 18:01 »

Don't shave it. Even though the shaved head pic is blurry, it's enough to say you should just get an inch or two cut off. (It's not bad, I just think you look better with hair!) Your hair is nice now, though I know you don't want to keep it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #381 on: 06 Jan 2008, 19:06 »

though you pull off the shaved head look pretty good, i think an actual haircut would be more effective in balancing your facial hair. i'll also have to agree with linds and recommend just cutting off a couple of inches rather than anything drastic.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #382 on: 06 Jan 2008, 19:45 »

Yeah, I think bald works on you, but hair would be better. At least go for a short haircut, I would think, because you've got such a fuzzy beard and nice/friendly face (judging off of that one picture), meaning you'd look too nice to be a skinhead.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

SeanBateman

« Reply #383 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:09 »

Get rid of the fuckin Goatee.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #384 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:24 »

Okay, well enough of you are saying the shaved head isn't terrible that I'm still tempted to go that direction even though I know it won't be as good of a look, just for the amusement factor.  If I resist that temptation and go with the short haircut route instead, is something like I did last time I got it cut, back in July, a good option, or is there something else you'd recommend?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #385 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:28 »

I would take the short one shorter still.
This second picture does confirm that you look to friendly to be a skinhead.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #386 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:46 »

Yeah, you could go with something that is about 1in long, or something, and it'd still look ok.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2008, 20:50 by Linds »

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #387 on: 06 Jan 2008, 21:17 »

If you absolutely have to have the short hair look, keep the beard as thick as it is in the long hair pictures. The thinner beard plus the shorter hair is ehhh.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #388 on: 07 Jan 2008, 04:17 »

I have a huge dong AND boobs. Can I play?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

PacoSees

« Reply #389 on: 07 Jan 2008, 06:25 »

Take it from me:
If you live in a place where it gets cold randomly for no reason at all, I'd invest in a very nice hat before shaving your head.

Aside from that, I've been saving lots of money on my car insurance shampoo.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #390 on: 07 Jan 2008, 14:47 »

you'd look too nice to be a skinhead.

A nice skinhead?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #391 on: 07 Jan 2008, 16:35 »

I am debating getting the '64 George Harrison cut, which I've dubbed "the radish."

GenericName

• Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #392 on: 07 Jan 2008, 16:44 »

Dude, go for it! Harrison was rad.
Except it might not work with your face. Dye it pink, if that situation arises.

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #393 on: 07 Jan 2008, 16:45 »

I suppose everything looks better when dyed pink.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #394 on: 07 Jan 2008, 18:37 »

That is a bigger issue here than you may think!

WEBCEST

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #395 on: 08 Jan 2008, 05:17 »

I suppose everything looks better when dyed pink.
I wouldn't say everything. Two off the top of my head that would look horrible are twinkies and tampons.

As for the hair, my vote is to let it grow out. Maybe keep it somewhat collar-length in the back. Keep the goat, though. Suits you.

SevenPinkerton

« Reply #396 on: 08 Jan 2008, 08:51 »

I want to dye my hair, but last time I highlighted it the highlighted parts fell out over the next month. Luckily it was only a few strands. Does anyone know of hypoallergenic or some sort of non-chemically evil hair dye that doesn't come in lame colors? I'm shooting for purple one day...

I hate my straight, flat, lifeless hair, but there really is nothing that can be done. At least it's multicolored. 

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #397 on: 08 Jan 2008, 16:11 »

I got mine cut!  See pic thread.  I will post one in here once I have dyed it on the weekend and then you can all stop listening to me bitch about my hair.

It will not be pink anymore darryl.

happy?
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #398 on: 08 Jan 2008, 16:55 »

I peeked over in the pic thread and looks really good!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #399 on: 08 Jan 2008, 16:57 »

Thanks!  I don't have to comb my hair anymore! win for laziness!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 58   Go Up