THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 May 2024, 15:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: tronnocon is serious business / yelley loves you  (Read 281207 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: tronnocon is serious business / yelley loves you
« Reply #1050 on: 30 May 2008, 19:32 »

Yeah that was some great planning on our part. I mean, I'll still go see Ted Leo and all, but, uh, sucks to be you guys!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1051 on: 30 May 2008, 19:36 »

I mean I saw him open for Dropkick Murphys...but man, Ted Leo twice in a year would be cool.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1052 on: 30 May 2008, 20:13 »

yelley and/or edith, i really like knitting but i'm really bad at it and if one or both of you could teach me how to knit things in a circle i would be so incredibly grateful you have no idea. i have the needles and everything.

Bring the needles. You will be assimilated.

One of us! One of us!

Though, I just kind of got the hang of crocheting sort of, so I may only bring hooks and stuff.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

morbid79

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I like to work.
    • laccetti
« Reply #1053 on: 30 May 2008, 20:18 »

Bwahaha, somebody has an EVEatar!
King Lemon

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #1054 on: 30 May 2008, 21:59 »

yay yarning in tronno. tania, we will have you knitting in a circle and shane, we will have you knitting something before the weekend is over! ^_^
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

morbid79

• I like to work.
    • laccetti
« Reply #1055 on: 30 May 2008, 22:15 »

And me, I'll keep never knitting!
King Lemon

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1056 on: 30 May 2008, 22:31 »

I request a knit-woollen hard liquor bottle cover, so I don't have to use a brown paper bag while stumbling through downtown Tronno. A Flower pattern will suffice.

Also, knitting is not required for doll making. Give me a sewing machine and I'll get it done. I'm thinking Two layers, the inside layer filled with cotton or those recycled  plastic pebble bit things, and the outside layer a shiny stretchy pink cloth, possible glitter. Googly eyes on the Filopian tubes to make 'em look like eye stocks? Now you could use yarn for the tips, kinda tassle-like. Or would the eyes be better on the Ovaries?

That's the reference picture that I'm working with on this though.

But seriously, knitting in Toronto, in the summer on possibly probably beautiful days that would be better spent exploring the city and acting like a no-good tourist? Crazy.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1057 on: 30 May 2008, 22:43 »

we can knit outside! yarn is portable!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #1058 on: 31 May 2008, 01:14 »

Incidentally, local stalwarts Rah Rah are also at NxNE this year.

If you're in T.O., do yourselves a favour and check them out.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #1059 on: 31 May 2008, 04:29 »

Hey guys, thought I should tell you, I definitely will NOT be coming to Tronnocon. Just not enough money, especially with air-fares being what they are at the moment. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up a few months ago. I hope you al enjoy yourselves - and, hey, fair's fair, next time it'll be in the Southern Hemisphere, right?

Right??

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1060 on: 31 May 2008, 06:17 »

Well yeah Harry, OzCon starts at my place on the 21st.
Didn't you get the memo? All the cool QC people will be there. Me, Hannah, Jodie... Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1061 on: 31 May 2008, 07:39 »

But seriously, knitting in Toronto, in the summer on possibly probably beautiful days that would be better spent exploring the city and acting like a no-good tourist? Crazy.

Well, since this is more a chance for us all to hang out and have fun in one place than being a tourist, I think knitting is fine. I'm sure there are enough people who don't want to knit for you to hang out with. :wink:

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1062 on: 31 May 2008, 09:37 »

so, my housemate jasmine's birthday is on the 22nd and i've just found out that she's planning on attending gay pride in toronto for this, which incidentally is taking place during the same time as tronnocon. i'm probably going to go hang out with her for part of the day (it's a sunday) since she'll actually be in toronto at the same time as me and it'll mean a lot to her if i'm there and stuff. i don't know if a lot of people are interested in gay pride and i totally wouldn't hold it against anyone if they don't want to go to gay pride or feel uncomfortable (i can understand that being weirded out by hundreds of testicles isn't the same thing as being homophobic), but i just thought i'd throw that out there in case anyone actually did want to come along.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1063 on: 31 May 2008, 09:54 »

man even if i was gay i don't think i'd attend gay pride. i went a couple of years ago and it's just a little too overwhelming for me on the exposed genitals front.

these are the things i do for my perverted androgynous friends. i look at some dicks. it isn't weird.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1064 on: 31 May 2008, 10:01 »

Wait, there are lots of exposed genitals being flung around during a gay pride parade?

hm, I may have to be out of town when the parade in Chicago is going on. I already hate when my neighborhood is overrun by Cubs fans, but a parade of dicks is the straw that broke the camel's back.

ADDITION: The obvious joke is to observe that the neighborhood being overrun by Cubs fans is already a parade of dicks. nyuk nyuk nyuk

pi

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1065 on: 31 May 2008, 10:03 »

- Enjoys "tom of finland" drawings

- Convinced everybody that tania is gay, possibly to deflect attention away from himself?

- Once watched two dudes going at it; did not look away or leave room

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1066 on: 31 May 2008, 10:05 »

food for thought.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1067 on: 31 May 2008, 10:20 »

I never saw any penis at pride. It was a good fun day, lots of music and alcohol, and nobody was a twat except the homophobic twat that kicked a barrier at me just before we left.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #1068 on: 31 May 2008, 10:59 »

1) I can count the number of times I have not despised being a tourist on one hand, and all of them involve incidences of Getting Culture with friends who are local to the area.
2) I do not do Pride. I have had some poor experiences with it in the past, and like Tania said, it is really overwhelming.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #1069 on: 31 May 2008, 11:58 »

Eh I went to San Francisco's gay pride parade a couple years ago for no reason other than we were in the area at the time and there were not very many genitals! Or flamboyancy in general! Except for that float with all the dancing dudes in thongs and cowboy hats promoting "Mandonna", which left us satisfied so we continued on with our day.
it's time to stop posting

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #1070 on: 31 May 2008, 12:10 »

I imagine that it is not very hard to find flamboyancy (or exposed genitals, if that's your thing) in San Francisco if you make an effort.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #1071 on: 31 May 2008, 16:44 »

Wait, there are lots of exposed genitals being flung around during a gay pride parade?

hm, I may have to be out of town when the parade in Chicago is going on. I already hate when my neighborhood is overrun by Cubs fans, but a parade of dicks is the straw that broke the camel's back.

ADDITION: The obvious joke is to observe that the neighborhood being overrun by Cubs fans is already a parade of dicks. nyuk nyuk nyuk

Joe Hocking!  Fight you!
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #1072 on: 01 Jun 2008, 20:48 »

So chances of me going to this just went up tenfold. Washington DC was cheaper than I thought, so I have extra loot to waste in other urban areas.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1073 on: 01 Jun 2008, 21:12 »

Whooo Tronno. Only a few weeks away, and my sister finally paid me back the $200 I lent her in February. so there's some moolah to bring with.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #1074 on: 01 Jun 2008, 22:35 »

I go back to work tomorrow! which means I'm going to have at least one extra paycheck between now and Tronno, because recent "expenses" have lowered my funds a bit.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1075 on: 03 Jun 2008, 20:00 »

i don't wanted to sound conceited and this probably doesn't warrant it's own post but what with school and work and whatnot i'm probably not going to be on the forums very much at all before this happens, so if anyone needs to talk to me about tronnocon for some reason or another or wants to make/finalize plans please feel free to email me or try to get ahold of me on msn - all of that info is in my profile. i don't have a cell phone unfortunately, so this is probably the best way to go about things. i promise i am very reliable. you basically have to be without a cell phone.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1076 on: 03 Jun 2008, 20:16 »

Man of course that warrant's it's own post. I don't see why it wouldn't. It is entirely relevant. (says the guy who spent a page an entire page talking about making out with Liz)

I will probably be in town for Friday Breakfast. Was there some consensus on when/where?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1077 on: 03 Jun 2008, 20:37 »

All we decided was Friday morning. I know nothing about Tronno so I am probably not the best person to ask. All I know is that it should probably be relatively cheap, and maybe 9 am?
Liz is touching me.

morbid79

• I like to work.
    • laccetti
« Reply #1078 on: 03 Jun 2008, 20:39 »

Depends on where people are staying.  My suggestions are randomly all over the map.
King Lemon

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1079 on: 03 Jun 2008, 20:47 »

I will be staying in Tommy's hotel the night before, so I'll have to ask him where it's at. Shane is getting in early that morning, I think, so he is staying nowhere? I am not sure where Tania and James will be at.
Liz is touching me.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1080 on: 03 Jun 2008, 20:48 »

I'll be at Bloor & Dufferin, right on top of a subway line, so I'm happy to go anywhere.

morbid79

• I like to work.
    • laccetti
« Reply #1081 on: 03 Jun 2008, 21:05 »

Well, Over Easy is a pretty decent place.  It is on Bloor, just west of Avenue Road (get off at St. George station, walk east a bit, voila), which is pretty central.  Used to go there pretty frequently on Sundays for the hangover cure.  (God, being young was great.  Now a hint of a hangover and I'm useless for the day.)
King Lemon

Boro_Bandito

« Reply #1082 on: 03 Jun 2008, 22:31 »

Alright, well it looks like I'm going to get in to Toronto 9:25 am on Friday, assuming the bus isn't late. If you guys are gonna go get something to eat for breakfast I'm guessing I'll be able to meetup with you guys later, orcatch up with you somewhere. Not sure what check-in time is going to be at the Hostel, so I'm also probably going to have to lug around whatever I'm carrying, though hopefully I'll manage to pack ultra-light. There is a 7:00 am arrival before that if you guys want me to try and meetup with you wherever you're going to be having breakfast, but I'm not so sure about the idea of getting to Toronto and finding something to do for 2 hours...

Edit: I think the station where I'm getting off is on Bay Street, just north of Dundas St, so actually its pretty close to where yer describin' Mike.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2008, 22:38 by Boro_Bandito »

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1083 on: 04 Jun 2008, 05:14 »

me and tommy are staying in the same hotel room for tronnocon. i'm pulling in at about midnight on thursday and leaving for guelph either monday night or tuesday morning to get to work. he made the accomodation plans and i don't actually know what hotel we are staying at because for some reason i haven't asked, so you'll have to ask him. if it's the hotel i think it is, that's also pretty close to a subway line so i'm good to go basically whereever.
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2008, 05:16 by ephemere »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1084 on: 04 Jun 2008, 05:15 »

I'm pretty sure you can drop your stuff off at the hostel and they can put it somewhere safe until it's time for check in. Take a gander at their website or call, though, to make sure. (If you want to, that is.)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1085 on: 04 Jun 2008, 05:39 »

You'll be getting off at the Bay Street Bus Terminal, 610 Bay Street, on Bay and Dundas, just a five minutes walk West of the Eaton Center, which is a mall with subway stops at the north and south end.

I sell so many tickets to Toronto it's not even funny. Also, university students are somehow useless at figuring out how to use maps of Toronto.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1086 on: 04 Jun 2008, 06:41 »

me and tommy are staying in the same hotel room for tronnocon.

Man, Tommy's hotel room is apparently the place to be. Thursday night there will be five people in it (Tommy, Tania, JC, Linds, and myself).
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1087 on: 04 Jun 2008, 07:57 »

Thursday = the Fun Night.

Slick, I believe you on the map thing. Every time I go into a major city with people, I have to be the navigator, because none of my friends can read maps.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1088 on: 04 Jun 2008, 11:48 »

Tommy, I am perfectly fine with us 5. I mean, you offered, which was amazingly nice, so don't go out of your way. This is from just my point of view, but I think it'll be okay. :-)

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1089 on: 04 Jun 2008, 14:12 »

Taking bets starting now on who will sleep in Tommy's bed.

Will it be it the beautiful Liz?
The seductive Linds?
The muscular Johnny C?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1090 on: 04 Jun 2008, 18:48 »

I am not seductive. The latter is probably one of the most awkward things you can witness on this planet. I could try to seduce my dinner and it would probably make me sick out of spite for embarrassing it or grow legs and walk away. I could be muscular, but if I am, you can't tell because of all the squishyness.

Liz and I did talk in gabbly, however, how it would be best to lure Johnny into our bed. (Jokingly.) But I don't think more than one person would be comfortable sharing with me, as I turn into a mini furnace when I sleep. (Not jokingly. I could be bundled up and the other/s could be in their skivvies from being too hot.)

morbid79

• I like to work.
    • laccetti
« Reply #1091 on: 04 Jun 2008, 18:54 »

I did mention that I had some floor space as well, if five is too many.
King Lemon

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1092 on: 04 Jun 2008, 19:21 »

i can always just take a bus friday morning, i mean guelph is an hour away it isn't that big a deal really.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1093 on: 04 Jun 2008, 21:06 »

Five is fine, we need to have a good night to get Tronnocon started off with a bang.

...no pun intended.

..or was it?
Liz is touching me.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #1094 on: 04 Jun 2008, 22:48 »

Also, I know how to make a fucking sweet improvised bed out of two chairs and the luggage holder that is provided in your closet. No shit, we were five to a room in choir trip one year.

I'm cool with bed-sharing but if there's anyone who isn't or who desperately needs to share a bed with Tommy then I am willing to make or teach.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1095 on: 04 Jun 2008, 22:51 »

Tommy, I would like to bring to your attention something you have been ignoring for a while.

I had actually worked out who I was going to try to push together back in 2007. No seriously, I think of stuff like this all the time.

When are you going to post this?

Also, Johnny, you are sharing with Linds and I. We both want cuddles and Tommy told us earlier that he wants his own bed.
Liz is touching me.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1096 on: 04 Jun 2008, 23:55 »

He's not going to post the list before Toronto. It is like having psychohistorians in the foundation.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1097 on: 05 Jun 2008, 00:08 »

In that case, I demand Tommy email the list to someone trustworthy who's not going beforehand, for verification purposes.

You're no guru if you fake it, man.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #1098 on: 05 Jun 2008, 05:24 »

okay! i am coming thursday night then!

also jens' plans to get so drunk we don't really care where we end up sleeping is pretty good too.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1099 on: 05 Jun 2008, 07:33 »

if there's anyone who... desperately needs to share a bed with Tommy then I am willing to... teach.

In that case, I demand Tommy email the list to someone trustworthy who's not going beforehand, for verification purposes.

You're no guru if you fake it, man.

I will gladly volunteer for this. I may be a douche, but I'm a trustworthy douche.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31   Go Up