THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 Jun 2024, 04:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 770675 times)

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

What the hell? That's harsh. I seem to remember that when I went to high school, we could get 15 "dots" before anything remotely bad happened, and it would only be a lower "grade" in orderliness and behaviour, but I guess the system isn't exactly the same everywhere or maybe they've changed it now. I may be wrong, though, because I was never one to get lots of "dots", but I don't think my memory is that off.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

a "dot" (a pretty terrible translation)

I can't recall that exact system being used here; but "black mark" is probably a reasonably idiomatic translation.

Do they expire with time, or are they completely cumulative?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Good news, blog thread! My fever seems to have fucked right off, which is good, because for a few hours there I was convinced that I was actually a robot disguised as myself. It took some effort to take a shower, because I had to make sure none of my sensitive electric parts got damp.

Also blog thread, you know what I hate? People who don't appreciate Starship Troopers.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2008, 16:05 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Sounds like a 'strike' over here, or a demerit system. I don't know about the actual system.

But where I went to high school if you missed one assignment (no matter how terribly terribly small) you got a phone call to your parents and a meeting with a school leader. Two and you were eligible for expulsion. More than that and it was guaranteed.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

Dear Blog Thread,

Today I found the worst bumper sticker.  "Assholes Drive Jap Cars"
That is all

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Could we just substitute the word "them" for "their opinions"? Seems like less work for us.
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2008, 18:07 by Edith »
Ho, ho, ho!

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Man, what a dick.
Ho, ho, ho!

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

Aram was my avatar for a long time back in the day. I remember being really sad when he stopped posting new comics. I should go back and reread the archives sometime.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I'm trying to decide if I still want to go to see Lewis Black tonight. I'm still very sick and my coughing gets worse at night. I'm leaning towards going.

YES. Any hardship is worth seeing Lewis Black for. Seen him 3 times now, and he only re-uses a small amount of his material; he's always focused on the latest things going on, and he never seems like he's just putting on an act or losing his edge. He seems legitimately fucking furious about the things he talks about. Best comedian I've seen.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Leinad

I find him funny as long as I do not have to look at him. Too much "jowls a-quiver" and those hands... moving around like that... like he is braindead... now THAT makes me want to eat a bag of nails and spit'em at a nun.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Quote from: this thread
reassurance

Thanks guys.

Dearest Bloggles,

Is photobucket taking absolutely fucking forever to upload shit, or is it just doing that for me? Also if I try to cancel an upload it crashes Firefox. Screw you photobucket.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch

dear clusterfuck,

Why is it things are breaking down in the middle of the night around here? Why is this stupid fire alarm system breaking down, alerting the fire department of problems, so that I can get up in the middle of the night to try and fix the alarm? Do you know what happens when Firefighters gotta come out and there ain't no fire? They are not fucking happy.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist

Dear Blog,

I think I'm falling love a little. Oh dear. Why do I get myself into these situations? Really, it's just not on. I'm going to give myself a good stern talking to. And then go and see my b - ARGH BLEURGH DISGUSTING SWEETNESS BLEURGH

P.

Edit: CENSORED
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2008, 08:12 by Hairy Joe Bob »
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

I was a little disappointed with Lewis Black, but I think it was actually the audiences' fault, not his. They kept screaming things to him all throughout the show and he'd have to stop, tell them he couldn't hear them, the person in the audience would yell louder, Black would tell them to shut the fuck up, and it was like that over and over again. There was one guy who would just not stop and he was sitting in the very back of the room. He'd yell when Black was right in the middle of a joke.
However, he said he'd be here again this time next year, so maybe I'll try again.

My boyfriend is going to Nedfest tomorrow with his dad. I can not stand jam bands or hippies, so I politely declined. I'm surprised they advertise the festival as "family friendly". There will be drugs galore. 

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

So lately I have been thinking about having skills. Although the view that the apocalypse is hear is somewhat alarmist, it could be true a disaster of large proportions could render "normal" society inoperable for some time. The skills I am talking about here are the eminently practical ones, such as emergency first aid or field surgery, or knowing how to turn an oily plant and some booze into bio-diesel. Can you repair a broken car part? Can you reload spent casings? I am embarking on an effort to see if, using simple tools, I can make and use various things. Any ideas?
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Girls only like guys that have skills.

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

(Well, that too, but don't let them know.)
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Dear Diary,

So the girl i like doesn't like me. boo-hoo. oh well, she came over out of the blue the other day because she had "something important to talk to me about" and she's all "i know you like me but let's just be friends because i just kind of got kind of fucked over by this girl i was seeing. oh yeah, i like girls too, by the way." weird. that was fairly unexpected.

i guess i'm kind of bummed but all-in-all it's probably a good thing because we had a really talk about life and things after that was all out of the way and i think we'll be better friends because of it.

the only thing i'm worried about is now i have to actually go try to meet girls. where the fuck do all the young people who don't suck ass hang out at? i'm trying to find them but it's pretty hard. plus i haven't actually tried because social-situations and strangers make me nervous.

god i sound like i'm 15 again. ugh.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Apparently I suck ass because I don't really hang out anywhere. I guess I go to the coffee shop to mooch their wireless on occasion, and I go to a fair amount of shows. But I am not one to really "hang out" somewhere.

This is probably why I cannot get a date. Whatever.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I had a similar experience to that with a girl I know, actually, a few months back. Since that time we've become best friends and my feelings have subsided (because in all honesty we'd be awful for each other) and I think things have turned out splendidly. I'm getting along incredibly well with her new girlfriend, actually.

Hope things turn out alright on your end.

As for places people hang out, I guess it depends. I live in a college town, so everybody's at the 24-hour coffee shops or the hookah bars. You might also see how you like the friends of your current friends. Worked for me!
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2008, 10:50 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i am the friends of my friends, for the most part.

i guess i just need to suck it up and try to enjoy drinking more so i can meet people at bars.

people at bars are big and scary, though.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

My mom always told me the best place to meet a nice young lady was church.  :angel:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

This real weird tension always builds when we are alone just the two of us and it's really awkward and we both smile a lot and stare at our feet.

hey, i know you! You're me!

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Me on the other hand, am going to a party next weekend

ME AM GOING TO A PARTY
 - Napoleon

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Man, I go down to get my registration problems fixed for school, which starts next fucking week (yay for being a dumbass), and I canot register.  I get advisement, the Prof removes the hold, let me say it again, REMOVES THE FUCKING HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT, and yet it is still there.  It tasks me, it tasks me and I shall have it!

On a different note, I was at my lil brothers footbal game last saturday.  It was cloudy and rainy all day, and I got a fuggin sunburn on my face.  No I am peeling all sorts of crazy.  I look like a Zombie

EDIT: 30 minutes later:  THE HOLD IS GONE! WHOOT!
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2008, 14:16 by Dissy »
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

MY ROOMMATE LISTENS TO NICKELBACK. OFTEN. AND VERY LOUDLY.

please help.
 - Napoleon

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Shoot him. Or throw all his music off of the top of the tallest builging you can find.  Bonus points if you toss his computer too.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Leinad

Man, I went to go find you a macro of a gun so you could get "help" but all I found was a Wiki link to lolcats, and then I read about that, and then the Lolcat Bible, which I read way too much of. Woah.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Blog Blog Blog,

My Dad decided that it'd be a real neat idea to tell my sister that he's decided to actually marry his fiancee next year. My sister in turn tells my mother, my mother tells me. Something fucked up about that. Anyway, I'm not pleased and really not looking forward to the abomination of a dress that soon-to-be-Mrs McChavvypants will try and make me wear. Hmph.

Also the pet tarantula thread gave me nightmares last night and I've not even read it. Shame on you.

Love, Gemm
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Dear blog,

First post in you that is bloggy.

I'm currently in New York staying with my parents and in about three weeks I am going back to Edinburgh to study. This is normally not a problem, because normally I have somewhere to sleep. I do not!

Well, A friend offered his spare bedroom for a while until I can find something, and I currently have another friend (who will probably turn into my flatmate) looking for a flat there for about a week. He called me two days ago saying that I need to fill in something in two days, and that he will call me back to give me the details. Two days have passed, and I've tried calling him, no call from him. I don't know what to fill in. This isn't really a problem for anyone but him, because he already paid the deposit from which they subtract money if things don't start happening. But since there's no way I can reach him (I've emailed him) I have no idea what the deal is. So while I was close to having what appeared to be an awesome flat (he said so) in an awesome location, I apparently once again at square zero. I think he leaves Edinburgh today.

So I'm not really in a deep pile of poo, but it's frustrating.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Jens - the cat will heal in good time; the vet will see to it (and charge).  At least he won't need metalwork to hold him together like my dog's got in her leg:

Before and after...

And in a proper blogging vein, I'm going on holiday again !  A week in a cottage in Norfolk with friends.  All isolated, like, and no Internet !  4 1/2 hours driving tomorrow.

My router has a telepathic link with me.  It has never crashed in the last year, except on each of the times I have gone away - I'm telling it I'll BREAK it if it does it again!  If the links to all my pictures die, that's why (and they'll be back).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Blog thread,

Me too.  I mean, I already HAVE a boyfirend but he is at work alot and I'm allowed a second one!  How do I find boys that arn't bogans and arn't my hot boss (you know, in case that one doesn't work out for me).

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

Posting to show off my awesome new avatar/text combo that I ripped from SA
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Quote from: this thread
reassurance

Thanks guys.

Dearest Bloggles,

Is photobucket taking absolutely fucking forever to upload shit, or is it just doing that for me? Also if I try to cancel an upload it crashes Firefox. Screw you photobucket.

Photobucket has been shit lately. It loads soo poorly.

Dear Blog Thread,

Today at work a kid called me it, and then a man told me I was the worse salesperson ever, and then proceeded to make fun of me like a middle schooler, saying "I'm too dumb to count pennies" because I wouldn't let him pay $100 in pennies two minutes before we close. He did this in front of his children. Who then proceeded to copy him.

So I went out and bought some Nos, and am drowning my sorrows in it. It is tasty, but has left me hyper, and weirder than usual.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

This isn't something you can solve with half measures. You're going to have to commit to something which will leave him no choice but to stop it.

You shed all of your clothes right now and you stand in his room and scream in his face. If he's sat down grab both sides of his head between your palms like a pair of blinkers and force him to face down your flaccid penis. Keep screaming. Make sure he knows this is an accurate representation of how his music makes you feel. Maybe next time he'll think twice. If not, repeat until he does.

I did this! (not quite, but I got my point across.) So he doesn't listen to that anymore. He now listens to Avenged Sevenfold. WHAAAT. I feel like I can't/shouldn't say anything this time because then I'll just be an ass who's like "hey, fuck you, you cannot play music you enjoy," but, god, it's such shitty music.

College life is absolutely wonderful so far. Wonderful.
 - Napoleon

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

You're lucky, at least you're not having them every night like some of us.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

True story: Vince D'Onofrio sued Madonna because he originally came up with the concept for Swept Away and was uncredited for it. How vain do you have to be that you will sue over the right to say Swept Away was your baby? Pretty dang vain.

KvP health watch, day 3: Fever crept back up on me in the morning, but at this point OTC ibuprofen tablets control it handily. However I developed a nasty sore throat as the day went on, and as night fell it spread to my ears, causing me great pain. At first we thought this might be symptomatic of strepp or perhaps a severe ear infection, but looking back in my throat there appears to be some circular discoloration on my tonsils. Either it's tonsillitis, or I have an aphthous ulcer located in a bad spot in my throat. I've had those before and they can cause serious transferral pain in the ears, which is the worst. I'm hoping it's that, anyway. We've got lots of medicines that can knock those things out. Tonsillitis will have me knocked out for my birthday.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i haven't slept for two days and i'm incredibly stoned right now. going on three. you guys' problems all seem daunting and insurmountable compared to mine.

"how will i ever reach the remote with all this ice cream in my hands?"

"dude...where's the Planet Earth dvd?"

"can you pass me those cookies? oh wait, i'm alone...and talking to myself. hehehe"

the horror

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Went up north to Saskatoon with couple-friends, had dinner with them and two awesome friends of ours who live up there, one of whom is a dude and the other of whom is a lady that I used to be mad crushin' on for the longest damn time and who is now legal drinkin' age. I had duck in a saskatoon berry sauce. It was a good meal with good friends.

Then couple-friends, ex-crush, her boyfriend and I went to see Joel Plaskett. God damn I love Joel Plaskett.

Then I drove home. I was fighting off sleep for the last half-hour, it was terrifying.

Today I play two concerts! TWO CONCERTS
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

llady that I used to be mad crushin' on for the longest damn time and who is now legal drinkin' age

Wait, are these actually supposed to be connected?

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

He couldn't put roofies in her drink when she was still too young to drink. I think.
Ho, ho, ho!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

True story: Vince D'Onofrio sued Madonna because he originally came up with the concept for Swept Away and was uncredited for it.

What? I thought Swept Away was based on this Italian film from the 70s.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Today has been a slighly awesome day, so far. Got up early to watch Norway kick Russia's ass in the handball final in the Olympics. An amazing game! Russia didn't stand a chance. I couldn't stop laughing during parts of it, because the Norwegian girls were hilariously superior at times. Then I had tacos (sort of, though in pita bread) for breakfast! After that, the javelin throw final was on, and Andreas Thorkildsen (Norwegian) not only won, but set a new Olympic record and had the best length of the year in the world. Awesome! The taekwondo final and the kayak one didn't go very well, though, but ah well. Silver and 4th place isn't bad.

It's kinda sad the the Olympics are over tomorrow :/

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

He couldn't put roofies in her drink when she was still too young to drink. I think.

Remind me to keep an eye on my beverages while Johnny is here.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

inflatable_slide

Dear Blog Thread,
I have just returned from  three weeks of exile in West Cork with nothing to kee me company but booze, lets jusrt say im pretty much shot to shit! I figure I shoudl take it handy this weekend so Im okay to get locked for my birthday :D
Anyway yeah last night i was talking to some hippy fella named Séamus about expressing yourself and al that crock o' bollocks.... and i wasnt even drunk( for a change).

ugh i dont like coming back to reality :(

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

I did this! (not quite, but I got my point across.) So he doesn't listen to that anymore. He now listens to Avenged Sevenfold. WHAAAT. I feel like I can't/shouldn't say anything this time because then I'll just be an ass who's like "hey, fuck you, you cannot play music you enjoy," but, god, it's such shitty music.

College life is absolutely wonderful so far. Wonderful.

Why don't you ask your roommate to listen to his music with headphones. If his tastes really clash that much with yours, surely he wouldn't be opposed to listening with headphones on. If he is, try playing something a bit ridiculous back, such as Deerhoof (or anything else that is considered a bit ridiculous). That might make him understand how you feel and perhaps make him more empathetic to your cause.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

True story: Vince D'Onofrio sued Madonna because he originally came up with the concept for Swept Away and was uncredited for it.

What? I thought Swept Away was based on this Italian film from the 70s.
It was, but Vince and Esther were at a party discussing old films they'd want to remake, or something to that effect, and Vince brought up Swept Away. Thus, lawsuit over the movie that swept away the razzies.

Also, have you seen his Law & Order show? If you rolled that dude down a hill he could do serious damage.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Hey KvP, a while ago you mentioned Iggy Pop's Lust for Life album. I gave it a listen and it's pretty excellent. I think the best thing about it is that I had absolutely no idea what to expect (the only thing that I know I've heard that he's done was 'Kick It' with Peaches) and I found myself listening to something that didn't sound like it was trying to be clever for once. It's refreshing.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I'm glad you like it. The stuff he did with Bowie was a lot different than the rest of his solo stuff or his Stooges output. More bluesy, more plaintive. Lust for Life is probably my favorite album of all time. The Sales brothers' rhythm section is just so, so perfect throughout the whole thing. There's not a bum note in the thing. It doesn't matter how much utter shit Iggy's put out in the 31 years since (and oh dear God, there's so much of it), he's still one of my favorite artists. I think I'll listen to it right now. I'll probably have it on repeat all day.

*edit - hmmm, it appears the copy on my mp3 player is missing "Tonight". I must rectify this.

*edit2 - and "Turn Blue"! What the fuck, mp3 player?
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2008, 11:13 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Hey KvP, a while ago you mentioned Iggy Pop's Lust for Life album. I gave it a listen and it's pretty excellent. I think the best thing about it is that I had absolutely no idea what to expect (the only thing that I know I've heard that he's done was 'Kick It' with Peaches) and I found myself listening to something that didn't sound like it was trying to be clever for once. It's refreshing.

Oh man, The Passenger is such an excellent song.
 - Napoleon
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 82   Go Up