THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 03 Jun 2024, 13:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 770487 times)

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

Quote from: Elizzybeth
And certainly, the forms I filled out in the sterile waiting room were all about being "discreet."  There was almost a full page of questions like, "If we leave a message at the number you've listed, can we say that Planned Parenthood called?  If not, can we say that your doctor called?  If not, is there a code word we can use to let you know that we need to get in contact with you?  List code word here: ___________."

I would so write down "boobies."

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug

there are only 4 notable birthdays in your life

1st, 18th, 21st (if you're american) and your last

happy birthday

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

What kind of motherfuckery is it that your golden birthday is not important?

Happy birfday, TG album.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear blog thread,

I guess I didn't realize how bad things were until one of you pm'd me saying not to let things get me down(by the way, you are pretty rad yourself).

I guess I should explain somethings.

Firstly, right now I live with my family. This includes my parents, my 7 younger siblings(ages 3-10), and my dog.

Things really haven't been going well. I haven't been getting along with my parents. I've never really gotten along with my dad(we can attribute that to us not meeting until I was 10, and then he and my mom poping out babies almost every year since then). But lately my mom and I can't get along either.

We took this trip to Wisconsin together, to see Eddie Vedder. My mom is obssesed with Eddie Vedder. Creepily obssesed. After the show, my mom and I passed a large tour bus outside the theater where he played. There was a crowd of people standing around waiting to meet him. As we walked passed my mom made some rather negative comments about Eddie Vedder and his "stalker fans". Later, we went to this bar(keep in mind that I am 20), and got hit on by a guy we vaguely know from the internet. He is 33, married, and has a kid. He hit on but of us. Obsenely. I brushed it off as drunken stupidity, I guess my mom did not. I have low self esteem, but not low enough to where I'd convince myself that some drunken asshole thought I was hot just because he was hitting on me. I'm not stupid. I know I am not what most people find attractive. I will live. But I guess my mom doesn't realize that they only reason he was hitting on her was because he was drunk. So she has been bragging about that, which is just very rude, and distastful.

On top of that she is upset that she offended Eddie Vedder went she said those mean things about him by his tour bus. Yes, she is that fucking crazy.

On top of that, I am getting fed up with my parents irresponsiblity. Last night, I came home to find that my dog pissed on my bed, and some had gotten into my bathroom and not only shit in my toilet and didn't flush it, but they dumped all my sleeping pills into the sink. So not only do I feel like crap because my room is trashed, but because a kid was in my room messing around with my pills and they could have gotten hurt and it would have been my fault because my parents can't watch their kids.

Tonight, the sheet is missing off my bed, all my make up is in my sink(and wet and ruined) and their was dirty dishes from dinner left in my room. I wasn't even home for dinner, I had to work. All I asked of my mom today was too make sure no one came in my room. I see that didn't happen.

I told a friend about this and he suggested getting a lock for my door. A long time ago, there was a lock on my door. My dad broke it off when I had a male friend over. Because a 20 year old woman shouldn't ever socialize with a 26 year old man. My aunt tells me that it is because he thinks its disrespectful for me to have sex in his house. If its so disrespectful, why did he and my mother do it in my grandmother's houses for so long? Why was it ok for them? And no, the marrige excuse isn't going to work. They had two children out of wedlock.

And that is just my family rant. I haven't even began my work rant(I am pretty sure they are about to fire me, for being depressed/stressed out), or my poverty rant(why do I need to make $1500 a month to afford the cheapest apartment out there), but I realize that this post is long and stupid and pointless and all I need to say basically is...

Because of all the shit that is happening lately, I am going to take a break from the internet, and life in general. I think I just need to take a break from people and give myself some time to collect myself. I told my closest friend(the 26 year old mentioned earlier) that I am done talking to people, but I'd update him on the living situation. I am just gonna spend a lot more time with myself.

This is by no means an epic, dramatic good bye post. I will be back. And I'm sorry for such a long boring post.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I'll miss you too Emaline, and I hope that you work something out, hopefully soon.

P.S;
I know I am not what most people find attractive.

Emaline,
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.

Dear blogonokinapidabi

I have been going to school even i know that we can do our assignments at home maybe i'm finally losing it.
Or is it cause at school they have darn fast internet connection and im just downloading scat and eproctophilia videos.

And another thing

Local bookstore have something against me first there was chairs, i usually readed books while sitting and they tooked those and now they are going to move but real reason why i go there to ogle clumsy nerd chicks but cause they are moving where do i get my fix, if i dont get my fix shackes start.

nothing else.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

nobo

dah fuck is shisha?

its another word for hookah

blog thread,

i bought tickets to germany in november :) going to visit berlin, prague, and poland with a good buddy of mine. haven't been to europe in 8 years so I am super excited.

If anyone has ever been to berlin or prague and knows some sights that i should visit, let me know
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

The other day I went into a cafe near where I live. I go in there reasonably often, maybe every week or so. Anyway, I sat down and within minutes the waitress brought a coffee to me. Of the type I usually order. Without me having to order it. I was rather surprised, because I didn't think I was that much of a regular. Needless to say, it put a smile on my face.

I find this kind of thing happens quite a lot. For some reason people in shops seem to remember me. The following are the places where staff recognise me and greet me warmly whenever I go in there (often by name), and even sometimes give me a discount (without my asking):

- three cafes (though one doesn't really count - they mainly know me because my housemate works there)
- my local pub
- a local bar/pizzeria
- my local organic green-grocer
- my local cinema
- my local record store.

There are probably more that I've forgotten, or where they know me and I don't even realise it. Okay so it's nothing earth-shatteringly amazing, but it's one of those little things that makes life enjoyable.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

A guy came in to my library yesterday, and I grabbed the CDs he had reserved from behind the desk without his telling me his name.

"Oh, no! You know me by name!" he said.

"Well, you were just here a couple days ago, and there aren't many people around as tall as you are!" I said. I managed to refrain from adding, "And your picture is posted in our back room with all the other child molesters, you fucking creepy asshole!"
Ho, ho, ho!

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

I hope things get better for you soon Emaline. Don't be gone too long!

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Dearest Blog Thread,

I'm not sure if I blogged my emergency roommate situation or if I just brought it up in Gabbly. Long story short: about a week into August, my roommate, who was signed on the lease through to January, informed me he'd decided to move out at the end of August. I'd previously discussed this possibility with him when we re-signed in January and told him that if he decided to move, I'd need to know by June, so I could start a roommate search. Come June, he told me he decided to ride out the lease and then decide in October if he wanted to stay past our lease. Essentially, I had about two weeks to find a new roommate.

It all seems to have worked out rather well. The new roommate is turning out pretty cool so far, and the former roommate left a bunch of crap behind. He had a futon for a bed, which is now in the living room, giving me extra seating and a good spot for people to crash (I have two futons and a loveseat in there now), which will convenient for the Boston meetup. Even better, he left behind a decent Peavey amp (A Peavey Bandit 112, which seems to retail in the $300-$400 range). It didn't work at first and I figured that might be why, but after investigating it, I discovered two severed wires. I stripped them, spliced them and then wrapped them with electrical tape and the thing works like a charm. Great deal for me!
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker

blog thread,

i bought tickets to germany in november :) going to visit berlin, prague, and poland with a good buddy of mine. haven't been to europe in 8 years so I am super excited.

If anyone has ever been to berlin or prague and knows some sights that i should visit, let me know

As for Berlin, except the standard stuff, check out Kreuzberg. And just ride the subway. That's what I do whenever I'm in Berlin. Just get on a random line and get out at a random station and look around.

Also, if you can, make a stop in Dresden before going to Prague! Such a wonderful city!

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

A guy came in to my library yesterday, and I grabbed the CDs he had reserved from behind the desk without his telling me his name.

"Oh, no! You know me by name!" he said.

Similar thing happened her to another librarian.  The guy pitched a hissy fit because he called him by his first name.

I dunno if you come in like every week people are going to recognize you.

I make it a point never to call patrons by their name and never to remember their names.  I consider it more professional that way.

When I worked in a downtown library the librarians didn't want the patrons to know their names.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

- three cafes (though one doesn't really count - they mainly know me because my housemate works there)
- my local pub
- a local bar/pizzeria
- my local organic green-grocer
- my local cinema
- my local record store.

Of this list I suppose I might have a local pub and it's not nearly the sort of place I would frequent. I've gotta get out of these suburbs.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Yay Harry. That kind of stuff happens to me too, but that is because I work in downtown Moorhead, MN, which is totally small-town environment. I work at a video store, and across the street is a grocery store which is near a Chinese buffet, dollar store, and salon, and down the street is my favorite coffee shop, my favorite sub shop, my favorite burrito place, the big outdoor DQ... so everyone who works at these places all know each other and we basically all have the same customers. I am that retail person who will remember your name... I'm creepily good at it. I think it makes people feel special though, especially since I'll ask their advice on that last movie I checked out to them.

I'll usually pretend that I don't know the customer/their name if they are a person who rents mostly naked lady movies though. Because since I'm a girl, I think that would embarrass them.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

benji

I'm always pleased when people recognize me, and I feel like my clients appreciate it when I recognize them. Of course, since I deal with people mostly over the phone or in chat rooms, it's usually more a matter of associating their name with what school it's associated with, what courses they teach, and/or what sorts of questions or issues they've had in the past.

If it's a place where they know me well, I always feel a sense of ownership, like I'm part of the place somehow. And that feels good.

My list includes:
- A coffee shop
- A pub
- A Mediterranean/Middle Eastern deli
- An Italian restaurant
- A music store
- A store which sells board games and RPGs. 
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

roxie_vinyl - That depends on the patron I suppose.  If people introduce themselves to me and call me by my name (name tag) I will call them by name.

However, most of the people that come to library are just interested in getting specific information about something or need help on the computers they don't really care about pleasantries.

I am very nice to everyone but I also realize that in a public setting a certain percentage of patrons don't care if you know their name and others will consider it rude if you do call them by name.

Lines

• Awakened

I tried going through Express Personnel and they got me nothing.

They were at the (rather lame) job fair I was at today. I did not bother talking to them, though.

And I know this was from the last page, but Emaline, I hope the best for you and that we'll see you again soon.

And as for my job fair, as I said above, it was lame. And rather small. And mostly I was pissed off I had to get new clothes when I could have done fine in things I already own (minus the shoes I got, because those I did need), considering I have a limited amount of money left. That along with the fair being a general waste of time and not getting a call back yet from the interview I had last week, I'm rather annoyed. One of my friends here is planning on moving back to St. Louis (where she went to school) because she can't stand living here anymore for various reasons and mentioned she'd need a roommate. If I can find a job down there, I'm pretty sure I'd leave in a heartbeat, but I don't know how that would work out for me, as I would only know one person and would also have to find a a decent enough one here before I could consider moving. But I want to move, because I'm sick of living at home. I guess everyone is right now.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

So I'm at work, and there's this girl who keeps using the copy machine, and she has hot pants on, and they are the tightest hot pants I have ever seen.

I'm trying to work here, it's distracting.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

I am at work and there is this younger guy who started talking to another patron with a baby.  He is talking about how he wanted to kill himself a year ago and how all these famous people died at age 27.  Now he is talking to her about his kid.

I wish I was distracted but there are no attractive female n here today (Canadian or otherwise).

Which kind of brings me to a point.  As a 26 year old I can no longer tell how old females are.  Are they younger college students?  Are they older than me?  When I was in college I was assured that most of the people around me were from a certain age group.  Now it's kind of tough.  When I am at work it's not really not a problem since I am a professional.  But living in a college town kinda sucks.  I am constantly reminded how nice college was and how I miss my friends I met there.

You know what screw it.  I got a lot of stuff going on.  I am not going to worry about crap like this.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2008, 15:14 by Caleb »

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

fuck... Fuck, FUck, FUCk, FUCK!

So, my sinuses are flooded.  This all started yesterday.  I downed a bunch of water hoping to flush it all out, then had myself a couple of brewskies to calm down and finish the obscene homework I was given.  This morningin I woke up with the left side of my throat swollen and sore, as well as my left ear.  My whole body felt like shit as I climbed up to hit snooze on my alarm, but fell off my bed from a case of vertigo.  Later, I took some medicine to help me fight through the day.  It stopped the vertigo, but made me nauscious as fuck.  I drag my ass to my classes, and the medicine wears off, which was an adventure, trying to pay attention, and not pass out from the room spinning.  Like an idiot, I go to work, I did make a doc's appointment for tommorrow at 2:40, which means I am ditching work.  

Now it is raining, although the forecast was for no rain, and, some asshole broke my windshield wiper arm a while ago.  Motherfuck.  Today really sucks!
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

They were at the (rather lame) job fair I was at today. I did not bother talking to them, though.

I didn't mean to say they'd never help! Just that when I tried it didn't work. I'm sure they have helped many attractive people get jobs to put in their commercials.

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

Today does suck!

I woke up at 5:30 this morning to find out the majority of my wearable clothes were dusty because someone put really dusty curtains on top of them. I ended up having to wear a sleeveless, low cut top (luckily I had a clean camisole to wear under it) and jeans a size too big to the orthodontics office.

The wisdom teeth thing seems to have gone well for my boyfriend and his sister, although when my boyfriend came home, he was a little out of it. His mom handed him an ice pack wrapped in a towel and he said, "Aww, a baby ice pack," and starts cradling it and I laughed. Once whatever it was wore off, he started making comments about how he didn't like people laughing at him. I totally wasn't laughing at him to be mean.

I went out to feed all the farm animals. We have about 30-40 goats, a horse, and 3 dogs who protect the goats. I had to climb the tower of hay bales to get some down for the goats. I couldn't find the wheelbarrow, so I had to divide the hay into sections to carry it while it got down my shirt and in my hair.

When I came back inside I found out some of my boyfriend's stitches have come out and he also has a high blood sugar, so I'm pretty worried about both those things. There's also very little in the house besides ice cream, jello, pudding, and fruit, so I'm going to be really creative when it comes to finding something to eat.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!

The medical technician and my ophthalmologist both had awful breath today.

Why don't doctors brush their teeth more?

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.

I readed some quotes from bash.org and one thing that caught my eye was one that had invention in it about m&m inside ice cube that got me thinking how could i improve it.

first lets get rid both ice cube and m&m.
Do you remember those cherry tasting lollipops that had bubblegum inside them, Yes?
well what if we put that inside popsicle just think about it.

You are licking you popsicle but all of the sudden cherry tasting lollipop and you start licking that and when you think its all over, bubblegum! and you are thinking "holy crap will the wonders never cease."

That invention could stop wars.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Guys I really wanted to go out tonight and dance with boys and maybe get a bit drunk but then all my friends piked!  So I guess if Loxley has plans it will just be me and the internet again.  Lame.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Get on Gabbly Jens ya bastard.

Dear Notorious B.L.O.G

Today I handed in the last assignment I will ever have to do, and passed the last exam I will ever have to take.

FUCK

YEAH

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Jens, while internetting with boys of your caliber is rad, it is not the same as getting sweaty and dancing with cute boys in real life.  I was going to get fortnightly real social interaction you know!

Boo.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

Today, I walked Tara (The Girl) home after having our hangouts. I wound up meeting her mom and stepdad when I walked her home. Tara's mom absolutely adores me. Her stepdad couldn't really give a shit, but that is supposedly how he reacts to everything, even his confirmed favourite people/things/activities. So we've basically been given carte blanche for, well, just about anything.

One complication: "just about anything" is entirely uncharted territory for me. And so while she has told me a billion times (I counted) that she's more than happy to storm on in and just go for it, I'm just mortified by the idea that I'll fuck up and be terrible and just plain ruin shit. It's unreasonable, I guess, and kindof silly when I think about it, but holy shit, I just don't know what to do.

Your absolutely terrified virgin friend,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Storm on in is my new all time favorite euphemism for sex. All sex metaphors should make you feel like a viking.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

A couple of weeks ago I played this gig with my band. It was a battle of the bands kind of thing and the results got emailed to us today.
Despite the fact that we were told on the night by the organisers that we had more presale tickets, more votes, played better than the other bands and were more professional than everyone that night, we were still beaten by a shitty rockabilly band who constantly made mistakes during their set, stopped songs halfway through because of it and basically treated the whole thing like a fucking rehearsal. Needless to say I am pretty pissed about this, especially since we were so very sure that we had won that night. Despite all this, I have sent an email to the organisers saying that we're pretty disappointed with the results but that it would be great if they could keep us in mind for any future shows they are organising.

Even though I've just been fucked over by music politics and bullshittery, I'm still really fucking gracious. That's how brutal I am.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Dude, that sucks.

(also Jimmy a german girl at my work asked if I knew any good metal bands, so I'm sending her to one of your next shows. So, uh, PM me when you're playing next or something)
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

They Emailed the results of the event that took place weeks ago?  What the fuck?

Yeah, the organizers suck, and your band got screwed over.  But a gig's a gig.  You got exposure and made some connections.  You have the right attitude.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

A couple of weeks ago I played this gig with my band. It was a battle of the bands kind of thing and the results got emailed to us today.

Dude I don't know how experienced/familiar you are with battle of the bands competitions but this seems one hundred per cent in line with every single battle of the bands I've ever experienced. Organised, tight band with great crowd reaction gets beaten by absolute fucking train wreck for absolutely no logical reason. I honestly have no idea what the criteria for these things are.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Well it was basically the first band competition we'd ever done. Will probably be the last as well.

Orbert: The whole thing was done over an entire month to see who would get to play at the Main Gig for the local goth festival.

Anyway!

Today a friend of mine and I went to go look at places to live. The first place we saw was kind of small and crummy, the kitchen was tiny, the setup for washing machines etc... was out in the yard and the bedrooms were not great. On the upside the place was pretty cheap, the yard was big enough for the dog, and it had its own wasps nest.
The second place we looked at had a certain cosy charm (so fucking small) but there was no way three people, a cat and a dog could live there and not basically be living in each other's pockets.
The third place we looked at was awesome. Hardwood floors, big rooms, nice kitchen, good bathroom, affordable rent, great backyard. We filled out the neccessary paperwork and I paid a $450 deposit for the house. We'll find out by monday if we have got the place. I am really fucking excited but also kind of worried.

I also went to the travel agent and booked my flights to Boston. I am now totally going to Boston and there is not really anyway to get out of it!! This a good thing but now, after the deposit I paid for the house and the deposit I payed for the aeroplane tickets I have exactly zero monies. I was meant to be taking my girlfriend out to dinner and to the movies tomorrow and now, having zero monies, I don't think I'll be able to and I am feeling incredibly guilty because she's been paying for everything lately and now as soon as I get paid my rich guy money from my new job I have already gone and spent it.
Jimmy the Squid: What a shit boyfriend.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Dear blog thread,

So um. My first time ever, and we got walked in on. I am both mortified (can only imagine how she feels) and in absolute testicular agony. And the humiliation isn't over, because of course her parents are going to harrass us mercilessly (I'm still going over there to man it out, at least then she doesn't have to suffer alone).

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Ah, you made the only true rookie mistake: Didn't lock the door!  :lol:

Anyway, I have to take my chihuahua to the vet today. I think she has an ear infection.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2008, 04:57 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

In my defense, I actually like this girl.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

It's so much nicer to see a complete, embarrasing walkover when it's your team doing the walking. Especially when it's partly down to a thorough return to form and not just down to the opposition playing badly.

53 - 8 goddamn.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

The sex is fine. Meeting the parents is sick and wrong.

Have you ever met your own parents?
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

tania

• famed sex columnist

i have never introduced any guy i've slept with to my parents, aside from my first boyfriend. i don't run into any problems with this because not only do i no longer live with them, i am almost completely sure they still think i have never had sex and am completely oblivious to what sex is. they have never once discussed it with me.

i think it's a pretty good deal.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Dear grockles,

I have been on holiday (again).
I am back from holiday (again).

This is getting kind of repetitive (i.e. it's the third time this summer).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

tania

• famed sex columnist

where did you go?
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

(1) One week in July - stayed with my elder bro in his retirement house on the edge of Dartmoor.

(2) Five days in early August - went to Brno in the Czech Republic.  Stayed in the "Hotel Royal Ricc"; Ricc is pronounced "Ritz"!  This is 50 yards from where my wife's grandfather had a shop before some nice people from a neighbouring country took it from him (now demolished and replaced by the ugliest concrete building in the whole of Brno).  The dogs stayed at home with my niece - a training veterinary nurse - sitting them.

(3) This week just past - in a village near Cromer on the north-eastern tip of Norfolk.  Fabulous long almost-deserted sandy beaches.  Cliffs made of mud - if you can see a house at the top of the cliff, it could be in the sea in ten years time.  See here, which is not far from where I went; 35 years ago I took the family to stay in that village, in a house which has now fallen into the sea :-o.

Dartmoor (of course, this is only a bit of it):

Polly likes a nice bog on Dartmoor to wallow in:

Statues in Brno:

The beach a few miles southeast of Cromer:
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2008, 15:32 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Dear blog thread,

So um. My first time ever, and we got walked in on. I am both mortified (can only imagine how she feels) and in absolute testicular agony. And the humiliation isn't over, because of course her parents are going to harrass us mercilessly (I'm still going over there to man it out, at least then she doesn't have to suffer alone).

OTOH,

HIGH FIVES! BONINGS!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Had to throw out my first porn enthusiast from the library today. We can't really "throw them out" due to all that First Amendment jazz, but the Indian woman who complained was threatening to call the cops (which would probably borne nothing anyhow) and the dude left of his own accord.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

..What porn enthusiast goes to the library? Does he look it up on the computers? Or do you for some reason have pornographic materials in the reading section?

Also,

Alright, I was at a friends house just hanging out, there were some people upstairs, I was downstairs, just talking and relaxing, having a bit to drink, and someone started throwing fireworks down the stairs. after about 10 of them went off, one almost hitting my face and one burning the leg of my female friend, I ran upstairs and there were three guys sitting at the table. I said "Hey. Whoever's doing it, stop it." Two of the guys sincerely said "Wasn't me", but the third, Ian, said "I'm not going to say it wasn't me, and I don't give a fuck what you say." So it was pretty obvious he was the one doing it. I said fine whatever and went back downstairs.

Three more came down and one went off and hit me in the arm burned me a bit. I was fucking done then, this ass was endangering me and my friends. So I went upstairs and shouted "Knock it off!!" Ian was sitting there laughing at me. I socked him hard in the shoulder. He flips out, screaming "IT WASN'T ME FUCKER" grabs me and starts strangling me. I push him off, grab his arms and restrain him. I let him go and he leaves.      Turns out it wasn't him. ...ah. yeah. So that was bad. I don't know why he was being belligerent and egging me on and being a fuckwad, rather than just say "it wasn't me" like Ben and Derek did. He made it pretty easy to judge that he was doing it. Then I left and went home.

I feel like an ass about it though. And I'm slightly frightened, because I've never done anything like that before.

Thoughts? Was I partially justified? Or was I just being an inexcusable douche?
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Well, given that lighting fireworks indoors is straight up on of the dumbest things I've ever fucking heard of, both you and your friends' physical safety was put in jeopardy (even if only in a minor way) and you had previously asked them not to do it. On that occasion this Ian, if that is his real name, said to you "I'm not going to say it wasn't me, and I don't give a fuck what you say" which could be taken one of two ways:

1) He didn't do it and doesn't care if you think he did because he doesn't feel the need to explain himself (an pretty ridiculous assumption on his part).
 or
2)He, by refusing to deny it, is admitting he was throwing the fireworks and doesn't care what you think of him for it.

It happens again and when you go upstairs to confront them about it Ian is laughing at you at which point you hit him.

The situation probably could have been handled better by both parties, but I don't think you reacted in an unreasonable way, Ian is obviously a fuckwit anyway.

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

I agree with Jimmy, that guy seemed like he was trying to make it obvious it was him, which seems odd. What did you do to the other two, though?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I work in the library computer lab.

And the Ian guy was a total asshole and his demeanor was befitting a punch even if he didn't actually throw the fireworks. Were the three guys upstairs the only people up there?
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 82   Go Up