THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 Jun 2024, 01:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 770637 times)

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Thanks guys.

The other two at the table were just kind of sitting there watching the whole thing. After it was over one of them made a wise-ass comment by quoting Anchorman, saying "Well, that escalated quite quickly."

And no there was one other person upstairs, but he had had too much to drink and had gone in his room shut his door and laid down to go to sleep. It turns out it was actually that guy.

I know I overreacted, but I don't see how a person could not think it was the guy I hit.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Yeah, it really looked like he was inviting it man, which if someone has been drinking is sometimes a common thing. Wanting to get into a fight is just something people like, I guess.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

venture bros. for halloween

You'll be... Dean?

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

one word

speedsuit
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

I dunno, man.  I thought Dean was pretty lukewarm on the whole speedsuit concept.  He only wears it when he's doing science.

(...I mean, this isn't derailing the thread with an esoteric debate about a cartoon, at all, right?)

valley_parade

• coprophage

Durr Boghead,

So the other day I went to New York for a baseball game. The day after, en route to a train, I stopped at a place that was heavily recommended in the NYC episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. Upon entering, the three dudes working at the counter noticed my hat, threw up their arms and yelled "RED SOX, YEAAAAH!!!!"

Well picked, Mr. Bourdain. The hot dogs were pretty tasty, too.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung

i bet you'll be drinking again next weekend
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Jens, that's way too many decisions to make in one evening.  But you know, stopping worrying about girls might make things better when you least expect.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

1) I stopped smoking
2) I stopped drinking (as in never drinking again)

I hope you actually do this, for your own sake.

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.

(1) One week in July - stayed with my elder bro in his retirement house on the edge of Dartmoor.

Dartmoor (of course, this is only a bit of it):

<Shudders>

That benighted place has forever (mentally) scarred me. When I grow up and can retire it will be many, many miles away from there.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Something military, I guess?  I was there for a night-time exercise, in the rain, in August 1964, when I was in the school CCF.  It was indeed a miserable occasion, but I don't hold it against the moor.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Coward

• FIGHT YOU

Some of it, especially the woodland around the large lakes, can be quite beautiful.

But, yeah, I've spent the odd bit of time bimbling about there when Mother Nature has decided to be a little moody and that has coloured my opinion of the place quite indelibly. Still, if you and your brother enjoy the place who am I to say otherwise?
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

2) I stopped drinking (as in never drinking again)

I don't remember if I told you this, Blog Thread, but I gave up drinking three months ago, after having one blackout too many, and pretty much realising that I did not actually enjoy the way I felt- or the person I became- when I was drunk in the least.

So, as a word of advice from someone who has had what sounds like a very similar experience to what you've got now, let me say

a) If you're doing it for the right reasons, it's actually quite easy. I'd tried giving up alcohol several times previous, usually in an attempt to save money, and I'd almost always fail as soon as the opportunity to get shitfaced presented itself. But now I have no problems at all. I used to have a big problem being sober around other people who were circus drunk. I still have a similar problem, but now I'm not jealous of them, and I can have fun anyway.

b) Never say never. After a while you'll probably want to have a drink, and it's fine, because if you had an easy enough time stopping in the first place (see point a) then you shouldn't have any worries with responsible, moderate drinking if/when you decide you want a drink with a meal. This weekend I was at a friends birthday at a cocktail bar on Friday and a wedding on Saturday. Both nights I had a few drinks because I was curious about the cocktail menu or because you have to have champagne for the toast, and then I said "enough" and drank Coke for the rest of the night. I'd never been able to do that before, and it was a great relief. Hey, you may even one day want to be drunk, and that's cool too, because hopefully you'll have learned your lesson and you'll know your limits

c) I feel like I shouldn't even say this one because you seem smarter/nicer than this, but just in case; keep in mind that this is your decision, and that this means two things. Firstly, that you do not need to drink to fit in, and secondly, that other people haven't had the same experiences as you, or they have and it hasn't affected them the same way. So make sure you don't get preachy or judgmental. Like I said, I doubt you'll do that, but it's worth mentioning.

d) Finally, if you don't enjoy dancing yet, start trying. It makes going out and staying sober that much better. Plus it'll probably got you hell of laid.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Both nights I had a few drinks because I was curious about the cocktail menu or because you have to have champagne for the toast, and then I said "enough" and drank Coke for the rest of the night. I'd never been able to do that before, and it was a great relief. Hey, you may even one day want to be drunk, and that's cool too, because hopefully you'll have learned your lesson and you'll know your limits

This is what I do usually.  I always have a good time even though everyone thinks I am lame.  But I have always hated the feeling of being drunk so you know.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

I haven't had a drink for like 4 years. This is despite literally everyone around me being pretty big drinkers. If you can put up with your mates making the fun you'll probably be alright. Also you will save hell of kroner.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I used to work for a big Norwegian company.  When the Norwegians came to the UK office, they would all end up dancing on the tables in our local hostelries. 

Curiously, the best pizzas I have had ever were from a trailer parked on a bit of waste land near the centre of Oslo.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Ok guys, this is kind of  a bad one.

I just had a long talk with Loxley.  A long talk that ended in me breaking up with him.  I have not been happy with him for a long time but I have been hoping everything would just magically get better (I didn't want to just throw away 3 and a half years).  But finally I realised that wasn't going to happen.

I asked him what we were supposed to do now and he just said: whatever you want.  He is packing things now and letting me stay here, I assume his parents wont kick me out if I keep paying them rent, they like me and I don't think this will make them kick me out.

God, I feel like the worst person, but it was growing impossible to be in love with someone who is just such an emotionless robot.  I couldn't tell him what to change, so he couldn't change anything.

And that, is all she wrote I guess.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Sorry to hear that, Jodie. I can only imagine how hard that could have been. But you'll feel better, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next week, but that time is coming.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ruyi

• Beyoncé

Jodie, tough call, but it sounds like you know it was one you had to make. Hope you feel better soon.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Raw deal, Jodie. Best wishes.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I flew out to CT to visit my grandpa in the hospital this weekend.

bittersweet: on the plus side surgery went smoothly, on the downside he was in the hospital for pancreatic cancer

mooface

man, apparently this past month has been Relationship Issues for the QC Girls Month.

the boy is being sent to ireland for 6 months.  i can't go with him.  i don't even know how going to see him will work out - now that i work in a bar, i work weekends... which means every weekend i want to spend with him will mean i can't work & sets me back 120+ euro.
i am really happy for him because this is such an amazing opportunity.  he has been so miserable about his job and he finally sounds excited and happy about working.  but i am sad for me because we practically live together and i am going to be so lonely without him.  i just got back from being in another country for 3 months without seeing him and now he is leaving.  i really don't know how i am going to work this out
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2008, 09:55 by mooface »

Barmymoo

• Mentat

To leaven the loaf a bit, or maybe to prove MaiAda's point, I'll throw in my cheery story. Twice in the past three weeks (this will make me sound insincere and fickle but it's total coincidence) I have had the big old "I really like you" conversation with the only two guys I've ever properly been interested in. They have both made it very clear that they consider me to be no more than a good friend, ever, period, end of story.

I have spent five and three years, respectively, wondering what they thought and trying to find the balls to tell them how I feel. Turns out they both see me as "one of their best friends".

I would quite like, just once, to find someone who says to me "actually, I really like you too, let's make kisses and have lots of sex" rather than "we get on amazingly well, we're very close but no, you just plain aren't pretty. Sorry."

On the plus side I now have plenty of time to work on getting into university. No dates for me. And no unpleasant breakups.

I'm sorry to hear about all you guys' relationship problems. It's probably a lot worse to see a relationship go wrong than it is to fail to get one off the ground. I wouldn't really know.

Edit: I sound very depressed here, please don't form your opinion of me based on it. I'm fairly upbeat usually and I have had successful relationships in the past, just never with anyone I was in love with. Also there's plenty of life left, I'm not old.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

nobo

Mooface,

distance sucks but its not the end of the world. after practically living with my girlfriend we moved an hour apart for school, and then to about 1000 miles apart because of work. I've seen her once in the last 6 months, and while it sucks, we talk every day and look forward to seeing each other whenever we have the chance. so long as you know the situation isn't permanent its not that difficult to get through

Barmymoo,

usually when a guy has a girl thats one of his best friends he soon realizes that he has feelings for her once she's gone or taken. so i wouldn't be so sure that your feelings aren't mutual.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

it was growing impossible to be in love with someone who is just such an emotionless robot.

Us emotionless robots get such a bad rap. ah well jodie, you will find the right guy for you.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Guys,

My second grandchild has just been born - a girl (so now I've one of each).  She is in Germany; I shall visit at the end of the week.

I am happy.  But I'll add my commiserations to those of you who are sad; things will look up - they do, you know.

Paul

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Congratulations on the granddaughter!

I'm pretty happy nowadays, even though I failed an exam and got an E on another one. Mostly because of football, which I guess you could say is either pretty sad or sort of good, because at least there's something to be happy about, even if it isn't exactly major. Last year, my favourite team did, well, not exactly great in the second level league. Ended up third, after having lost the last 4 or 5 matches against crap teams, and had to play qualifiers against a team no one thought we could beat. Well, we did! Twice! Promotion! Then, before this year's season in the "premier league", "everyone" was sure we'd be relegated again. I was as well. They called us the clearest relegation candidate in years. Now? 19 out of 26 games played, 31 points (the goal pre-season was 30, the coach was pretty sure that'd mean we're safe from relegation), 4th place! This is fucking awesome, and I'm excited. We might even have a shot at a medal, but honestly, I still expect complete and utter failure before each match, so I've gotten lots of positive surprises. It's great.

Also, to go to my best friend's pre-birthday party or not? She's celebrating with someone else, who I don't know, and I don't know any of the other guests other than maaybe 2 people (who in turn know pretty much everyone else there). I will be celebrating with those three on her real birthday anyways, but I feel like maybe I should go to the party. Except it will suck, because I'm bad a meeting new people and making small talk. Plus, as mentioned by people earlier, people drink. A lot. And I don't drink quite that much (very rarely), which makes me even more of an outcast because I'm generally a very quiet person. Decisions decisions.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2008, 12:16 by Ladybug »

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Walk in with a huge mass of booze and everyone will want to talk to you. You don't have to drink any, just walk in with like, three handles and a 60-pack. You will be the talk of the party, especially if you steal empty beer cans and put them next to you and pretend they are yours. You won't even have to say anything, people will just assume.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

That's great, Paul!

Mooface--Long distance relationships can work. They're difficult, but they can work, and sometimes the phrase "absence makes the heart fonder" proves to be true.

And Jodie--may I call you Jodie?--you deserve to have someone who will return your love emotionally. I don't know you very well, or whatever backstory there is to this, but it seems like you did the right thing.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Dear everyone,

Thanks you for all being so lovely, I appreciate your everything. I am glad I have the internet for friends at all hours.  Things will get better for me, I just have to make it past the first week.
Love Jodie

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Holy balls, Jodie!

Man, I want to give you a thousand hugs.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Ozy, I would love to give you a thousand hugs.

If you know what I mean.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

mooface

well, at first i felt really overwhelmed because everything is happening so fast and i am going to be so super busy this semester that i couldn't figure out how i was going to find time to handle a long distance relationship.  but now that i've had time to think, plan, and get the angst out of my system i feel a lot better about it.  i'll probably fly out to dublin every other thursday-saturday (so i'll miss minimal amounts of work days) and he'll come to rome for the weekends in between.  i'm graduating in december so i'll probably move out there afterwards.  not exactly what i expected to do after school, but dublin seems like a cool city with a lot of job opportunities so it should be good.  the only thing that i am worried about now is that i con't bring my dog with me if i go because of the 6 month quarintine :(

thanks a lot for your kind words of encouragement, internet <3

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I am now, officially, on paper, housemates with Jimmy The Squid.
Moving day is Saturday! Oh my god!

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

I am now, officially, on paper, housemates with Jimmy The Squid.
Moving day is Saturday! Oh my god!

Hey, nice one guys!
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

What Lunchy is yet to realise is that "Jimmy the Squid" isn't just a cute internet moniker. I'm in the mafia.

I strangle people.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

Dear blog thread,

Being back on campus feels really odd for some reason. I was expecting it to still be pretty empty, but I had forgotten about the first years and their "orientation week" shenanigans. I am currently in a long line waiting to get things sorted out with registration, so I'm keeping myself entertained with mobile internet.( My phone automatically capitalizes things in case anyone was wondering about my sudden use of capital letters)

Love,
Anna
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

Dear blog thread,

I've been calling a grocery store to get an interview for the last couple of week, only to be informed each time that the manager wasn't in. When I called the days she would be in, I was told I just missed her (for some reason, they wouldn't give me the times she'd be in). I finally got in touch with her today and was told they weren't hiring. -_- I have found a couple other places looking to hire, but I'll probably have to wait until the end of the week to pick up applications because my boyfriend is still in a lot of pain from having his wisdom teeth taken out.
I'm really worried about one of my friends. She is 5 months pregnant, lost her health insurance a couple weeks ago, and just lost her job yesterday. She lives across the country and I have no clue how I can help her.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Guys, my latest assignment is to watch "Into the Wild."

I have to right a two page analysis of it, but still. This is totally great. It is for extra credit.
Liz is touching me.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Today I called previously mentioned boy who just moved here, because he was lost downtown! We talked for almost 30 minutes while I first helped him figure out where the hell he was, and then guided him to where he wanted to go. 30 minutes, and I don't think I fucked up completely even once. Only a few awkward silences.

Woho, progress.

Coward

• FIGHT YOU

Two unrelated snippets from my life:

1) I am now officially old as my 22nd birthday has come to pass. Threaders.
2) I have chafed my nipples somehow. Threaders.

So, to briefly summarise, I am both old and sore. To borrow a few words from a certain premier statesman, this heralds '...not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning.'

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Tommy is a vampire. He will be 22 forever and ever and ever.
Liz is touching me.

Coward

• FIGHT YOU

Would make for some interesting blog entries, that kind of life.

3.00 AM: Ravished young bodice-clad damsel in her country manor. Dozed off afterwards.

6.00 AM:l Immolated by dawn's searing rays scorching in through thoughtlessly left open, though dramatically windswept, curtains. .

7.30 AM: Vacuumed up by elderly cleaner.

8.00 AM: Thrown out into the bin.

8.00 PM: Recoalesed ashes with aid of left-overs from rare steak dinner being tipped into bin.

9.00 PM: Arrived home in a state, check QC.

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

On the other end of the spectrum of existence, I have realized that there are very few colleges that will accept me. Also, school has started again and I want to finish up. On a positive note, I have a job at Wal-Mart, and early work release. I still feel odd about working at Wal-mart. I got both my copy of the orange box and my PC fixed today, so I have been having fun with tha.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

So I fell asleep and I was having a nice nap dream and I think I was about to eat some sweet-ass five cheese pizza from, like, fuckin', Naples, ITALY, aka "city where i was served the best pizza i have ever eaten my life so far", and I guess I realized that "oh shit i'm asleep that's so nice but i think i might miss something" [band] so I snapped into wakingness rather abruptly; now it would be an understatement to say I am slightly perturbed that I am now here, awake, staring at a computer in Bakersfield instead of preparing to feast on deliciously authentically awesome food.

And I was supposed to do work today instead of falling asleep also.

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH FUCK
it's time to stop posting

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie

The girlfriend left for Germany, what do I do, oh no, oh my.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

That's what hookers are for.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

All of you ladies. I'll take you out! I have very few friends right now, and it would do me some good to get out and have some interaction that doesn't involve D&D.

Because, for whatever reason, school has started and now that I'm graduated, even though I live literally across the street from the university, none of my undergrad friends want to hang out with me anymore. I guess now that I'm an adult (even though I'm still unemployed) I drag down the hip level or something... I don't know. BLOO BLAH BLOO

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.

Dear Blog

I tested my invention lollipopsicle and it worked...God, i need more friends

maybe the reason that i dont have much friends, cause i always find creepy shit from net.

« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2008, 02:30 by Dollface »
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

So I fell asleep and I was having a nice nap dream and I think I was about to eat some sweet-ass five cheese pizza from, like, fuckin', Naples, ITALY, aka "city where i was served the best pizza i have ever eaten my life so far", and I guess I realized that "oh shit i'm asleep that's so nice but i think i might miss something" [band] so I snapped into wakingness rather abruptly; now it would be an understatement to say I am slightly perturbed that I am now here, awake, staring at a computer in Bakersfield instead of preparing to feast on deliciously authentically awesome food.

The place down the road makes a five cheese pizza. It is so good.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 82   Go Up