THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 07:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 765557 times)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Not in public.

AIM? MSN? Skype? Skype chat? Gabbly if it starts working? E-mail? Facebook message? Letter? Telegram? Options!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears

I only have dreams about forumers when we are committing various illegal acts together. Last night it was Matt selling me an extremely cheap shotgun. In Chicago. Only we never got to go to the ATM so I could give him the fifty bucks I owed him. Sorry Matt!
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I wish I could have dreams where I am not murdered.

3 years on the board and my first sigquote.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

KvP: I would just tell her the truth, but be open to hearing what she has to say. I think she'll appreciate honesty here. If she's trying to get you to push your boundaries, you recognizing your boundaries is a good first step.
Right, I think I'm just going to buy the tickets and let Rae know what it is I'm thinking here, because she deserves to know and fuck, I anticipate too much.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

All my friends take corners in 3D.

that's how i initially read that. i thought: "no kidding? i think everyone does that."
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!

Bloogity blagity throad,

I have done some drinking. Earlier today I avoided the advances of an attractive friend and failed yet again to strike up a conversation with a very pretty girl-stranger with whom I obviously had some things in common. I guess I am not doing pretty well at this business. In many ways I suspect this may be because I have huge crush on my best friend.

OH SHIT
  /
:-D
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Today I saw a boy propose to a lady. There were roses and candles all over, and "WILL" "YOU" "MARRY" "ME" signs he'd put up. SO CUTE.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker

Did she say Yes?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

I miss the internet. My depression has been playing silly buggers with me since I've been without my main social support network (you guys) and the fact that everyone at work ignores me and my girlfriend has been understandably busy since her boss was in a car accident and since her best friend got back from his year long trip to the UK hasn't been helping.

Seriously, fuck my life.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

Well thats two bars in a month or so I've worked at that have gone under for various reasons. This time it wasn't as interesting as a blazing inferno, but the venue is closing for reasons and I am unemployed as all hell. The upside being that there wasn't really a lot we could with with the stock in the fridges because you can't really bring cold premixed drinks back to room temp and then put them in the fridge again later cause they go off, so we packed up some shit today and drank some free booze so silver lining right there.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

If this happens a third time in the next month, you may just be cursed. Think about it. :-D

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Blog Thread,

I had the absolute raddest night last night, seeing Bill bailey and then hanging iwth brettles.  We went to the Brewhouse for what was apparently its last night of trade!  Which I am a bit sad about because I have been asking people to take me there forever and now it is closing.  Craaazy!

But I had an absolutely smashing time!  Also I just cooked the best dinner.  Turns out if you make a kind of stiryfry with pasta sauce and then instead of using pasta you use potato gems (or tater tots if you are dumb and American) it is THE MOST DELICIOUS
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Did she say Yes?

I think so, we were stalking them from a swingset. She was laughing as she brought up the food, and had her hands up to her mouth when he got down on one knee. Then they smooched and hugged for a while. They were pretty far away; I am pretty sure she said yes though.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

PS Jimmy, *fistbump* dogg, stay rad, even without the internet

if such a thing is possible
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Today I had my Prelim. HSC Maths exam and I had like a minute to do the last question which was worth 2 marks so I just wrote "IT'S OVER 9000!!".

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Well, I went to the zoo for a first date with a certain lady yesterday. And well, lets just say time flew by, and we both kinda decided further meetups are required  :laugh:

(Incidentally, ive been to that zoo for like, 13 times, but this was the first time i actually saw the cute little Red Panda! We had a staring match! (He won :() )
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh man, zoos are the best. I'm taking my lady there for our one-year anniversary.

There will be otters.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Loxley never took me to a zoo EVER! :(

Who wants to take me to a zoo?
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist

Dear Blog Thread:
I own a motorcycle. A 2007 Harley Davidson Low Rider. Unfortunately, due to a stupid law that was passed shortly before I got the bike, I won't be able to get an endorsement to ride it until after I pass a Beginner's Rider Course, and I won't be able to get into the class until December, it's booked so heavily.

So I'm making payments on an expensive lawn ornament right now.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but are you seriously complaining because the gubbinment wants you to know how to ride your dangerous hunk of metal before you get on the open road with it?

Yeah, fuck those guys.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

öde

GIS 'motorbike accident' with safe search off and then tell me the government should just trust you, without any proof, that you can ride a motorbike safely.

tuna ketchup x

I can see my future at university going down the drain, which fucking terrifies me, but I honestly have no idea how to stay in school.

Are you in high school? Sounds like you go to a pretty crappy high school, like a lot of us did/do. Just try to get through class, study just as much as you need to in order to keep your grades up, and remember that as long as you look like you're taking notes, you can do almost anything in class. I spent my entire high school education writing poetry and drawing cartoons. And if your parents will allow it and the universities over there will accept it, you can always try unschooling/self directed learning, you seem motivated enough for it. But yeah, basically high school is now just babysitting for teenagers, just try to sit there and learn as much as you can outside of class. My sister just graduated and she was appalled at the fact that they had to read BOOKS in her senior English class since she never had to read a whole book for English class before. And she wasn't in special ed. Sigh.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Chicago! We will most definitely go to a zoo and it will be so great.
Liz is touching me.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker

The zoo in Chicago is free and there is a totally awesome monkey who only has one arm but still flies around the place as if he had both. The zoo is worth it for this monkey alone.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

benji

• Bling blang blong blung

Man, Jeans, that sucks. I really don't know what to tell you. It sounds like some of your teachers have a serious anti-intellectual streak, which is the worst thing a teacher can have. I guess all you can do is keep your head down and do your work. And figure out what you need to do to make peace with the teachers who are making your life difficult. See if you can find a diplomatic solution to the problem.  Other than that, all I could think to recommend is that you try to get in to a different school.

RE: Zoos: I live right next to a zoo. Close enough to occasionally hear the animals at night. It's pretty cool.

RE: my life: There's stuff going on at work that requires me to be here for about 12 hours a day just about every day this week. This is really killing my social life.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Man I want to go to Chicacon so badly.  It keeps getting better each time someone talks about stuff they're doing, but god even knows what I'll be doing/how I'll get there/ what sort of excuse I'll assemble because I'm still living with my parents.

RE: Blog. Today is Mountain Day, and it's wonderful.  It is a day where all classes are canceled and we are to climb a mountain and have ice cream, but that part is optional.  What a concept!  It's like a snow day without the snow!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Taylor, just tell them you are going with a few friends from college and meeting a bunch of their friends in Chicago.

This is what I did.

It was a success.
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dear blogthread,

My friend just cornered me about a post I made in my LJ not-so-secretly saying that I had a wicked crush on her. We talked about it for a few minutes and decided being friends is still a pretty cool idea.

Oh wells.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

The zoo in Chicago is free and there is a totally awesome monkey who only has one arm but still flies around the place as if he had both. The zoo is worth it for this monkey alone.

For real? That sounds soooo cool! I may try to rope a friend into going to the zoo with me; can't go with my fiancee, she hates zoos (caging animals against their will.)

As for blogging, this has been a pretty hellish week for me, between my jaw being on the fritz, a cold, tons of work to do for various freelance jobs, etc.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2008, 10:36 by jhocking »

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker

He is a serious dude. He lost his arm in an accident or something, and after a few months he was back swinging around as if he was perfectly normal. I didn't cop he only had the one until my mate pointed it out. There were a couple of them (gibbons? I have no idea) just swinging sround the place like crazy, and generally having larks. They're in the monkey house somewhere.
On the other hand, the polar bears just swam in exactly the same patterns over and over while we were watching, which was more than a little depressing.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Dear blogthread,

My friend just cornered me about a post I made in my LJ not-so-secretly saying that I had a wicked crush on her. We talked about it for a few minutes and decided being friends is still a pretty cool idea.

Oh wells.

How did you NOT see that coming? For serious? Soon as I saw that post, my first thought was "Gee, I wonder how she's going to take to this OBVIOUS AND DELIBERATE POST THAT IS VISIBLE TO THE GIRL IN QUESTION!"

Concerning zoos: I am taking Rachel to the San Diego Zoo in a few weeks.

Concerning motorcycles: I am from New Hampshire, a state where helmets are considered optional accessories. My parents had a friend who dumped his bike and hit a tree head on when they were in their twenties. I stress the word had. Seriously, the class should be a given.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

valley_parade

• coprophage

Quite honestly, I expected it. It's less of a let-down and more business as usual.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Okay, if you guys are gonna go to a zoo in Chicago now I've gotta go. God I love the zoo.

Also, as far as high school goes, what high school does (at least in America) is teach you that if you can conform and not make waves, you'll be fine. So you go along with that until you're out of high school then you break free and do your own thing. That is seriously what I saw (and do see) in high school. The only people they want to see make anything of themselves are the athletes, there was very little about art, theater, music, any of that at my school. I later went to an accelerated school because I was in your same shoes, Jeans. It sucks when you get kicked out of half your classes, you're ditching one of them consistently because they forced you into the class to pass a ridiculous standardized test and the only class you have a chance in you're failing even though you're trying because you just DON'T KNOW SPANISH.
Seriously, they've changed high school in the US from a place to learn and develop to a place that trains you how to take a test. Its ridiculous.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

the American public schooling system is not about learning, but rather how to jump through hoops.

i do not jump through hoops well and almost didn't graduate highschool because of it, despite the fact that i'm a pretty smart guy.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

benji

On the other hand, the polar bears just swam in exactly the same patterns over and over while we were watching, which was more than a little depressing.

Polar bears often go crazy in zoos. My father (who writes about zoos quite a bit) told me that it probably has to do with them being incredibly smart, but hard to find safe ways of stimulating. You can't give them enough space to really be happy, they're uninterested in most toys, and you can't safely train them. Without space or stimulation, they go nuts.

Edit:

Also, as far as high school goes, what high school does (at least in America) is teach you that if you can conform and not make waves, you'll be fine.

I remember in high school, I always felt like a lot of the things we were made to do (pep rallies especially) were attempts at brainwashing me. Then in my first year of college, a philosophy professor told me that the idea of the pep rally had originally come from a French psychologist (Gustave Le Bon I think, or one of his disciples) who had proposed that by holding rallies to encourage students to identify with their school, you could prepare them to later identify with the state in the same way.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2008, 12:12 by benji »

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

the American public schooling system is not about learning, but rather how to jump through hoops.

This. That is essentially what elementary through high school education boils down to. It's not about knowing the material and proving your competence so much as satisfying your teachers and the curriculum's specific standard of required work ethic.

Back in High School, I could ace any test you threw down in front of me. I was just naturally smart. Unfortunately for me, that doesn't properly translate to the current academic standard or effort over ability. I blew off work constantly because I wasn't learning shit from it. I always felt that it was pointless for me to do a ten page essay on the reasons the Great Depression occurred when I could just as easily, at the time, tell you exactly why in under a paragraph.

In elementary school, I coasted by on my testing, because you didn't really have out of school work. Everything was done in the classroom then. As soon as homework and shit like that started cropping up, I started falling apart. It became rigorous hand-holding for kids who just couldn't get it on their own and those of us who could handle ourselves got thrown by the wayside.

I remember graduating with one of the higher SAT scores and probably one of the top ten IQs in my graduating class, but I was out GPAd by a girl who thought Buddhism was a fucking eating disorder (I shit you not, one high honors student in my graduating class somehow mixed up Buddhism with bulimia).

Teachers of good quality can only do so much too. I had one teacher who knew and acknowledged how smart I was, but his hands were tied by his curriculum. I had one teacher who, to the classes faces, said that A through F grading systems were a fat load of shit. There's only so many ways any one teacher can do to challenge the system. I'm of the mind that it all needs to be chucked and reworked from the ground up and the first thing that needs to be eliminated is standardized testing. I may have done well in it, but I was also smart enough to know that standardized testing needlessly shackles teachers to a forced curriculum. with little room for deviation unless they want their school to lose government funding.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Chicago! We will most definitely go to a zoo and it will be so great.

Liz beat me to it.  Yes, The Chicago Zoo is pretty awesome.  Not nearly as awesome as the San Diego Zoo though.

Bliggity Treads:

So, this guy who was mentoring me, and helping me get my work's database from this ancient database system to Access died yesterday.  They guy was in his 80s, served in World War II, and was just diagnosed with lung cancer a few short weeks ago.  Apparently, the Docs told him Chemo and a possible surgery would help him get rid of the cancer.  he was adverse to the Chemo, but did so for his wife (a sickly old lady a few years younger than him).  He got pneumonia over the weekend and passed away.

This is totally fucking with my head right now.  I am pretty much at high risk for cancer.  By the time my Dad was 25, he had gotten removed 2 cancerous tumors.  My paternal grandfather died five-and-a-half years ago after a long battle with cancer, my paternal (maternal-side) Great-grandfather died of cancer, my maternal grandfather has had cancer in the past, his wife's parents died of cancer.  And, today, before I heard bout my mentor's death, I just signed off on getting my dosimeter badge so I can work with "sealed radioactive materials" for a lab in my Engineering class.  That's right, Radioactive materials.  But, my dosage level should be less than what we normally get from drinking water from our faucets, if you believe that.  And last time I was at the doctor's, he and I were joking that I already may have a tumor which is causing this persistent problem I have.

Fuck I hate my life right now.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2008, 14:39 by Dissy »
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Well, take a look at this: On my moms side of the family I have risk for high blood pressure, low blood pressure, diabetes, heart conditions, and arthritis. On my dad's side I've got risk for high blood pressure, heart conditions. Yet, I am strangely calm about all the problems I might have later in life. I don't dwell on it, therefore, it doesn't mess with me. Fight the battles as they come, because you live in the right now. You are a human being, not a human doing.

sean

• welp

Taylor, just tell them you are going with a few friends from college and meeting a bunch of their friends in Chicago.

This is what I did.

It was a success.

What does somebody in high school tell their parents?

This is important, Liz (and the rest of you)
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Well, that's twice in one week that I've slept through Spanish.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time

dear blog thread,

i don't want to pack anymore. why can't i just find a place to live and settle there for more than 8 months? that would be awesome.

<3, yelley
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Blog Thread,

I am going to be a goddamn PIRATE for Halloween.

Yes.

Sincerely, Liz
Liz is touching me.

sean

• welp

That would work nicely but I'm mostly worried about Boston.

Like, who roadtrips in January?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

You, now. Get to work.
Liz is touching me.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

For Halloween I'm going to be a white belt in Kung Fu. This is funny because I will have been doing Kung Fu for almost a year, so I think being a white belt will be a funny way to show up to class.

Also, for roadtrips, why not be honest about it? Be all "listen, I'm meeting up with a lot of people at a convention where we will talk about comics and music and about how to have unprotected sex with everyone there."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

woo, I made a breakthrough tonight in terms of a whole bunch of videos I have on my website; now most of the videos documenting my work are going to look much much nicer. I realize this is the ultimate in "nobody cares," but it feels really good to finally have the payoff after burning the midnight oil for multiple nights in a row slaving at this.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

So my midi controller came in the mail today. But it didn't come with a 12v power cord, and none of the 12 volt cords that I have don't fit with it. So I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to use my new thingie.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

sam that would be an excellent song.

so uh i guess i'm seeing sloan next wednesday. with the golden dogs.

!
it's time to stop posting

benji

I'm not at work anymore. Yay.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 82   Go Up