THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 03 Jun 2024, 19:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 770538 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

That is because Oakland fans are trash, Shane.

I am classy as fuck and I am a diehard Oakland fan. As Shane told me yesterday, "Opinions are like assholes. Yours is WRONG."
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

PATRICK.

Good to see you back, kid.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I heard that there were rumours on the internets that I had died.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

GAH MY FUCKING NECK
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

I am classy as fuck and I am a diehard Oakland fan. As Shane told me yesterday, "Opinions are like assholes. Yours is WRONG."

And I take it Shane's statement was directed at your opinion that the Athletics are an okay franchise to root for? Shane isn't usually wrong in these situations.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

GAH MY FUCKING NECK

That. I can't turn my head at all. asldlsajdl I attempted to soak it last night, but after a few seconds submerged in water, I realized my tattoos don't like water yet.

(Also, Dimmukane, fill a sock with rice and heat it for two minutes or so. Put it on your neck. Or a hot shower. Or hot bath. Or rock the fuck out while playing drums. That got some of my mobility back yesterday.)

So I called the friend, and he seemed pretty angry at me still. I don't know. We talked. He kept interrupting me, saying he didn't want me to grovel. I don't know. He said he'd give me a second chance. He really probably shouldn't. We couldn't talk for as long as I would have liked to because he had to get ready for a Man Man show. I am jealous.

I asked a different boy friend who was not involved in the weekend, thankfully, if he would come over to snuggle me, and make my blistered hands feel better(from drumming. For rock band 2 because I am that lame), and fall asleep with me. He said he couldn't because he was working. So I asked if he would come over afterward, his response was "Negative. Killing space zombies." This guy has stood me up to play D&D before. Why do I heart this kid so much? I find it absolutely adorable that he would stand me up to play games.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Oh man, was he playing Dead Space?
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

He will be when he gets off work tonight. I am pretty sure that was his plan for last weekend, as well, which is why he couldn't come out Saturday. For some reason I find this absolutely adorable. He is very swoon worthy.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Hi blog thread (epic  downer ahoy)

So I have a friend who I used to be really close to a couple of years ago, and while we are not close now, I would still consider her a friend and she is a really rad girl.  Anyway, 5 weeks ago her 17 year old sister killed herself.  And now, 5 weeks to the day, my friend has been involved in a really bad car accident.  She has severe head and neck injuries, her lungs are fucked and her liver has bee cut pen.  It is unlikely she will pull through.  She is fucking 19 years old.

I am really quite upset about this blog thread, and I feel so so so awful for her family, especially seeing as they just lost a child 5 weeks ago.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Oh my jesus. wow. Are/Were you close to the family?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

No, only to her really.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

I'm sorry, that's awful.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Wow. I really don't know what to say. I mean, I was gonna suggest doing something for the family, because I mean, I imagine that they feel pretty terrible too. But yeah. I hope she pulls through. Keep us updated as much as possible, if you can. I'm really sorry.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

I'm sorry blog thread! This is really depressing!

Carry on telling me about your day.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

That's terrible, Jodie! :(

Cheer yourself up by purchasing a heavy metal auteur shirt.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

Dear blsh,

I now have enough money for another chem run. I really want to focus on pyrotechnics, but I also am missing a few basic instruments (like a thermometer that isn't a piece of crap) and I can't put off getting them anymore! I'm getting a few things I'm excited about (copper acetate* and hexamine**, for example) as well as basic things like a test tube brush (labware is really hard to clean!) and a powder scoop. I will also be making black powder (though without a ball mill it won't be the high-reactivity form), aluminum powder, and ammonium perchlorate.

Yet again I will be putting off buying gibberellic acid (basically like an outrageously powerful plant hormone) even though I would really enjoy it.

*I made it once and it took around a month for a decent yield. I mixed it in with homemade ink, 'twas pretty.

**For DNP, so it should be quite exciting!
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Seriously considering the Herzog or Scorcese shirts.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Dimmukane

• juicer

Man, I'd go for the Bela Tarr one.
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

I'm pretty sure the Fassbinder one is the best one.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Except it's shit ugly.

Inlander

• coprophage

Man if I was going to wear any of those t-shirts it wouldn't be because they looked good.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Yes but at least most of those shirts have some kind of element of considered design to them. That one looks like they grabbed the "Pastor of Muppets" font off of the net, typed in Fassbinder, and sent it off to the screen printers.

Inlander

• coprophage

Really? It looks like they've done basically the same thing with all of them: change the Def Leppard logo into a De Palma logo, the Van Halen logo into a Von Trier logo, etc. The idea behind the Fassbinder one doesn't seem any different to me really, and I guess it's easier to read so the absurdity of the joke is more up-front or something.
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2008, 22:31 by Inlander »

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

My stupid boy is backstage at a Chuck Ragan show right now (well I guess technically it is probably over by now) and is sitting next to Ben Nichols from Lucero drinking beers. I am the most jealous. He just sent me a picture. What a stupid jerk.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Man, how come I suck! It's the end of the first quarter and this is supposed to be my Redemption Year, because, it's junior year, and I fucked up horribly second semester of my sophomore year with a very strangely premature yet genuine case of senioritis. Also, unrequited gay love. But anyway, I have failed to actually put forth any more effort than I did before, which is frustrating because I know I don't even need to work that much harder to attain higher grades. I mean, shit, in nearly all my classes I just have high B's without trying. But here I am, with absolutely no self-discipline, killing my future. Raagrhgrhgr I think I might have to ban myself from the internet a lot this next quarter so I can balance out the semester grades into something less stupid. And I think I need to start looking at schools other than Berkeley; like, schools I can actually get into. Shit.

At least I've been productive song-wise
it's time to stop posting

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

And I take it Shane's statement was directed at your opinion that the Athletics are an okay franchise to root for?

Probably. But he's a Sox fan (moar liek SUCKS fan, amirite) so of course he's gonna hate a real baseball team.

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7

Dear thread blog
It seems as of recently that i can not fall asleep until later and later.  I am also getting sick it seems, this combination causes me to miss my classes because i don't wake up.  This is seriously killing me and will be my end.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

And I take it Shane's statement was directed at your opinion that the Athletics are an okay franchise to root for? Shane isn't usually wrong in these situations.

The A's are OK, it's just sort of funny that they actually think that the Giants give a shit about their imagined 'rivalry'. Sorry guys, we have a real rivalry, go manufacture one with Seattle or something.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

GOOD NEWS BLOG THREAD

Taylor has woken up and is going to be fine!  There is no lasting damage and although she will be in alot of pain for awhile it is better than anyone even dared to hope.  I am so so so glad.

Thanks for your support dudes, I appreciate it.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

That is good to hear Jodie.

I am at work right now instead of watching Max Payne. Sad face.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

GOOD NEWS BLOG THREAD

Taylor has woken up and is going to be fine!  There is no lasting damage and although she will be in alot of pain for awhile it is better than anyone even dared to hope.  I am so so so glad.

Oh man, that's such a relief to hear. I have this weird tendency to worry agonizingly over the woes of complete strangers (especially ones to this degree), so I feel much better.

Dovey, I heard that they never once use painkillers to restore health like they do in the video games. That alone is why I don't feel like spending $15 to go see it (fuck Dublin and Pleasanton for being so rich).

valley_parade

• coprophage

I HAS A DATE THIS WEEKEND. Record listening at her place and drink drinking to follow.

(Patrick, real baseball teams make the playoffs. Jon, it was more or less me quoting the Dugout, like always)
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Hell yes Shane. I hope you never get to the drink drinking part.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Because Boris and Merzbow will woo her straight into my pants.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I'd like to see someone prove that it would have the opposite effect. On anybody.

valley_parade

• coprophage

The first track takes up a side and a half. If it's not on by then, I guess you've been proven wrong.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

I applied for a radio show and I got one woooooo.

I am extremely happy. It's also in a great time slot. (Saturday 1 - 2 GMT if you wanted to know, on freshair.org.uk, just to be sure).

Other than that: so much work it's killing me.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Guys I have found us another secret hideout. Let's start pooling our money again!
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Liz, the snooker room is off-slope. How can we have an awesome hideout and not be able to properly play snooker?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dude we can fix it. We just need something to put under the table legs to make it even.

Alternately: Move the table to another room.
Liz is touching me.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

I vote first option. Moving pool/snooker tables is god damn hard.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'm in. Can I bring my date with me?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Hey there frog head,
Im at the dentist getting my teef drilled and the right side of my mouf is numb. It feels so very weird to have your mouth numb
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I bet it'd feel great if you could give yourself head like that.

You know you've thought of it at some point, don't you give me that look.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

The thing I like best when I get my mouth numbed by the dentist is running my fingers along my lips. It feels so deliciously strange!

patrick you are disgusting

Coincidentally my dental issues are one of my main concerns lately. Almost a month ago my jaw got screwy after a dental visit and can no longer open wide enough to accomodate, say, a hamburger. I went to a jaw specialist today because, despite doing the stretches recommended by my dentist, I still cannot open my mouth. this suxxx

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Woah, blog thread.

Hello QC peeps, I have not been here for awhile.
I've been living on a friend's couch for about a month, waiting for the house I'm supposed to be living in this year to be finished with remodeling. It is frustrating!

sean

• welp

Goddamnit blog thread, my GPA this quarter is a 2.1. And colleges will see this. I don't even know what I wanna do about college, or if I wanna even go.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Well it won't be a problem if you don't decide to go to college!

Aherm, anyway, unless you're looking to get into a super posh school, if you go to a college that doesn't care about your high school GPA (a community college, say) and complete, oh, 23 or so college credits, or 2 full-time semesters, then prospective universities will generally ignore your high school GPA and focus on your college credit. My high school GPA was 1.2, which is hi-larious, but I went to my local junior college and hammered out 60 credits at a 3.5, and I can now transfer to most any college I'd like that isn't devoted to making me a World Leader.

That sort of thing could only apply around here, but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2008, 15:58 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dimmukane

• juicer

I managed to keep a 3.1 (barely), but went to Virginia Tech, said fuck it halfway through, ended with a 0.8.  But the local community college didn't care and even let me use the credits from VT to waive English requirements and most of the math ones (I got a C in calculus but a D in linear algebra, so I had to take some form of college algebra again?).  In any case, I got mostly A's and transferred to University of Baltimore without a hitch, and possibly ahead of most of the new students in my program. 
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 82   Go Up