THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 06 May 2024, 23:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 762220 times)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I am not changing my avatar. It is mine. You will have to suck it up and be a man, I guess.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

I think he's referring to my Great Pumpkin avatar, which I've been using every Halloween for a few years now on various forums (Including here). It'll be gone in a few days anyway, replaced with a Petrelli: 2008 avatar until election.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

Man, an iPod is a hell of a lot smaller and more convenient than, say, carrying around 389 individual albums at a time. Not trying to brag about my music collection, I'm just saying, FUCK I love this thing.

In other news, I have to memorize a bunch of Runrig (Scottish rock band) songs before my mom's St. Andrew's Day party. Which is going to be kindof a bitch, because there's no fucking way I'm going to memorize any of their Gaedligh lyrics (I have memorized Sigur Ros lyrics that were easier), and some of their English-language stuff isn't quite up to par musically. BASTARDS. I guess I could just learn some Proclaimers too or something, and Snow Patrol and Franz Ferdinand are eligible for the "Play shit from Scotland" role as well, but man, I would get so many points for playing Runrig.

On a lighter note, at least now I can listen to said Runrig *all the fucking time* now. Might make life easier.

Okay I'll stop posting in here for today euhrgsuiehruj nothing happens in my life here in Albania anyway.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

valley_parade

• coprophage

That's because half of Sigur Ros' songs are in GIBBERISH.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

tania

• famed sex columnist

3) Never ever ever get romantically or sexually involved with a housemate

IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY SINGLE FRIEND I HAVE HAD TO TELL THIS TO. this is why i refuse to live with people who share my sexual orientation.

dear blog thread - it's snowing here too! it's also really cold, but the snow is pretty and it's a nice sight to emerge to from the three days of exam hell i briefly mentioned earlier. and they went okay! things aren't utterly terrible after all!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

(she's lying, it's not snowing here)

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

I really really wish it was snowing here! It seems to be snowing further south, and again, it appears that practically every friggin person (with a licence, anyways) in the southern part of Norway is shocked when it first starts snowing, and I do not get it. You live in Norway, for Christ's sake. It will snow. "Early" snow happens practically every year. When the weather report says it will snow in the next few days, you change to winter tires or take the bus/subway/train, you do not "wait it out in case the snow disappears", drive anyways and then cause tons of traffic problems. It's ridiculous!

Also, I kinda get the whole not getting involved with roommates, but I've seen it happens three times in the past three years, and it has been a success all three times. However, this is more like a student housing complex where we share a kitchen and common area with 6 other people, so it's probably not the same.

valley_parade

• coprophage

It's snowing right now. Fun times.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Barmymoo

• Mentat

It is not snowing here, but it is extremely cold and bloody hell I'm having a bad day.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

3) Never ever ever get romantically or sexually involved with a housemate

IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY SINGLE FRIEND I HAVE HAD TO TELL THIS TO. this is why i refuse to live with people who share my sexual orientation.

I have lived with straight chicks before and I've been just fine. True story.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Patrick, your mum doesn't count.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I just had awesome sex.

Fuck you, sad ass whiny ass blog thread.

I have gone from not getting laid in like 5 months to having sex just about every night for past month. It's like going from 0-60 right away, and I'm sore. I'm not going to tell her no, but jesus, I need a day or two to recharge.

Dilemma.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Straight 10.0, would read again.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!

I love the fact that I live in a flat where I can be sitting in my living room with my flat mates, look up from my book and exclaim, "Oh shit! The floor is water and it's full of sharks!" and then spend the next half an hour leaping across furniture and climbing along walls with three of my best friends as we desperately try to avoid being eaten while making our way around the flat.

I do not love the fact that one day I will have to grow up.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I just opened up the box of Lorna Doone cookies I bought earlier. The box advertises "Now better tasting!" Well it's definitely different tasting, I'll give them that. Kind of a "New Coke" thing they've done only, y'know, fewer people care about Lorna Doone cookies.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

I love the fact that I live in a flat where I can be sitting in my living room with my flat mates, look up from my book and exclaim, "Oh shit! The floor is water and it's full of sharks!" and then spend the next half an hour leaping across furniture and climbing along walls with three of my best friends as we desperately try to avoid being eaten while making our way around the flat.

That is pretty great.

Don't grow up.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

That is pretty great.

Don't grow up.

I can attest to how awesome it is to be standing in a room of about 25 people and yelling "THE FLOOR IS LAVA!" and seeing all but 5 jump onto a chair.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

I just opened up the box of Lorna Doone cookies I bought earlier. The box advertises "Now better tasting!" Well it's definitely different tasting, I'll give them that. Kind of a "New Coke" thing they've done only, y'know, fewer people care about Lorna Doone cookies.

I knew a girl named Lorna; she was the roommate of a friend of mine from way back.  Incredibly, she had never actually seen Lorna Doone cookies, only heard of them many, many times throughout her life because, not so incredibly, people always called her Lorna Doone.  She stopped wondering why people called her that after the first 100 or 200 times, I would think.

So, just as everybody thinks of Lorna Doone cookies whenever they meet Lorna the Girl, I always think of Lorna the Girl whenever I see Lorna Doone cookies.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Whereas when I see the phrase "Lorna Doone cookies" I just think they've misspelled Laura Dern.

tania

• famed sex columnist

and i am too young and uncultured to think it is anything other than a silly name for cookies i have never heard of!
there's something for everyone in this thread.

today i carved a pumpkin! i am roasting the seeds right now! they will be delicious but unfortunately all of my silly housemates are on silly diets so i think i'm going to end up being the only one who eats them. making fun food sucks when you have no one to share it with.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Wish I knew people like this.

0bsessions

• Quiki

Whereas when I see the phrase "Lorna Doone cookies" I just think they've misspelled Laura Dern.

Pft. I read it and think someone's misspelled Lorna Dane.
JON MADE ME GAY

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

I think Lorna Doone cookies are actually vegan, huh.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

dudes.

i just logged into Myspace and saw that i had new friend requests. of course i'm thinking "yay spam for me to delete" but when i looked inside, to my surprise, DJ Frane wanted to be my friend!!!  :-o
i figured it was probably a joke or something, but i checked and sure enough it's legit.
the only possible explanation is that he saw me on his top listeners on Last.fm, looked at my profile, clicked the link to my Myspace page, and then decided to add me.

which, in my eyes, means that i am fucking sweet.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

I ENVY YOU.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

Pft. I read it and think someone's misspelled Lorna Dane.

This is why I am coming to stay with you.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

0bsessions

• Quiki

And here I thought it was the chicken.
JON MADE ME GAY

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Someone went into my car and took my iPod tonight.

It's pretty frustrating.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh

Hey ho I just passed out a while back and I have no idea why. It's kind of puzzling and I felt weird and numb for a while afterward. I think 'm going to go to bed now.

Thaes

• Furry furrier

I attended this annual wine party for local philosophists last night. There ain't a better way to spend a night than drinking homemade wine, listening to music and chatting with other students of philosophy.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'd texted the girl Tuesday night to see if she wants to go to a party tomorrow night. Bands and such, cheap beer, punk as fuck.

She's still not gotten back to me. I almost don't even want to go, but man. Punk show. How can I not go? (Patrick if you mention Aviator Cap Girl I will honest to god or whoever the fuck you do or don't believe in FLY TO ALBANIA, PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE AND SMASH YOUR JAGUAR.)

Barmymoo

• Mentat

And steal his iPod. And give it to Johnny.

Today is shaping up to be dull. I like coming to my dad's house, it's a bit of a break from the hecticness of being at home, but since no one else is here during the day and I'm totally skint there isn't much to do. Or to eat. I just had a sort of brunchy meal consisting of two boiled eggs, three ginger biscuits and a bowl of ice cream. The evening meal will probably be baked beans and pizza or something equally odd.

Ah well, tomorrow I go home and I will have access to real food, but I also have to work and stuffs. Can't have everything I guess!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Patrick if you mention Aviator Cap Girl I will honest to god or whoever the fuck you do or don't believe in FLY TO ALBANIA, PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE AND SMASH YOUR JAGUAR.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to fly to California and try to find Aviator Cap Girl?

Lines

• Awakened

And steal his iPod. And give it to Lindsey.

There, that's better.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

valley_parade

• coprophage

Patrick if you mention Aviator Cap Girl I will honest to god or whoever the fuck you do or don't believe in FLY TO ALBANIA, PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE AND SMASH YOUR JAGUAR.

Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to fly to California and try to find Aviator Cap Girl?

THAT'S IT HARRY. I'M OFF TO ALBANIA.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

easier... and naughtier
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I think I can come up with a few, actually...

Tee hee.
Liz is touching me.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Dude Shane I want to see you get past the alarm system in my house. It's pretty much flawless. When it goes off, within 3 minutes there's a Jeep with a bunch of really protective, fairly large (and modestly armed) Albanian dudes in it.

Basically what I am saying is be careful.

(oh and be advised, I know where we keep all the knives, I will have your thumb bones made into a necklace if you hurt Prudence)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

(oh and be advised, I know where we keep all the knives...)

Stab in the dark: the utensil drawer?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

lol, you said 'stab'

valley_parade

• coprophage

I have my ways, Patrick. I HAVE MY WAYS.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Man I can just go outside and hide at my jailbait friend's house. Girl adores me anyway.

Hey, there's one worth thinking twice about. I could introduce you.

Stab in the dark: the utensil drawer?

Real answer: for security purposes, I carry a KA-BAR on my person at all times when I am home alone. Never know when somebody could try and break in.

valley_parade

• coprophage

jailbait friend

I'm pretty sure I'll pass, dude.

Edit: Blog thread...I'm building a Jazzmaster clone come this spring when all my tax returns come in. I have a Squier neck laying around, and am finishing the body (and headstock) myself in a dark green metallic. It's gonna rule the schools.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2008, 11:03 by valley_parade »

Lines

• Awakened

You know, Patrick, he can always wait outside for you and you wouldn't even know he's there. Or if you did know, he could perform a seige. THERE'S NO ESCAPE.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Playing video games, obviously.
Liz is touching me.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Hey Liz, wanna come play video games with me?

I am better than the boys.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff

Maybe not, but I rock at MMOs.

Lines

• Awakened

Heck yeah MMOs. I'd play.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff

If there is, you're going to the wrong LAN parties.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I can no longer tell if you guys are talking about computer games or sex.

My innocence wants it to be computer games, but my mind tells me that it is probably sex.

Blog thread, please do not connect what I am about to say to what I have just said but my jeans are really wet. That is the last time I help to wash the dog.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82   Go Up