THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 May 2024, 19:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 767797 times)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

We all have gender reassignments down here.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!

I broke up with my long-term girlfriend. It went pretty well (no war of roses coming this way) and I felt decidedly awesome afterwards last night.
May have been the break-up sex.
Today, slightly less awesome.
May be the hangover.

But for the first time in adulthood I walked around without "yeah, would be nice if" glasses on and instead saw beautiful women as "oh hey let's try that".

I smiled a lot more and as a direct result, I got smiled back a lot more. Women came walking and dancing up to me.
All the while a girl whom I've dubbed the "new girl" showered me with compliments. I tried not to let on anything because she is unhappy with her boyfriend and really digs me but we wouldn't be good for each other right now anyway. But it felt amazing.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I don't feel so bad.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Ewww, Tommy has a bloody Hitler-stache. But I am glad to hear that you are alright!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dski, You are a braver man than I. I would only insist upon a doctor who was referred to as "Dr. lastname" instead of "Mr. lastname.".
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Ewww, Tommy has a bloody Hitler-stache.

I'd still hit it
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2008, 08:13 by David_Dovey »
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Surgeons are called Misters not Doctors.

Was this at Aberdeen hospital Tommy? I was there this morning :O
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2008, 08:15 by BlahBlah »

valley_parade

• coprophage

If I believed everything I saw on TV, I would be led to think that surgeons are referred to as "Turkletons".
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

mooface

i'm glad you are not dead or horribly disfigured, tommy.

i hope you stop bleeding everywhere and feel much, much better soon. <3

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

My brother has sleep apnea. As much as I'd like him to get the surgery (long term sleep apnea will eventually blind you because of the hypoxia) I'd settle for him getting one of the machines. I don't know how well he'd deal with the surgery given that he is an epileptic.

Also I've come to the realisation that I may not have this job I am interviewing for on tuesday as in the bag as I thought I did. HOUSEMATE X (the not-Lunchy housemate) informs me that I may not get the job due to my going on holiday for two weeks (Bostonocon) less than two months after the start date. Obviously I'm not cancelling the trip, the tickets are non-refundable and damnit I'm going but a lot of my spending money kind of depends on my getting this job. This better go well.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2008, 08:26 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

That is an epic story and I'm glad you're alright Tommy, and hope you get better soon.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

yayyyy tommy is alive, that is good news to wake up to!
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

i'm also glad tommy is alive because it means i still get to be the one who eventually kills him.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Ewww, Tommy has a bloody Hitler-stache.

I'd still hit it

in the face and cause excessive bleeding.

Tommy we are happy you are alive. I do quite enjoy hearing what ridiculous mess you've gotten yourself into whenever such a thing happens.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture

I have seen the error in my ways. I'll shut up now and ask for your forgiveness. I shall not use that word in reference to a lesbian again unless it is an especially evil lesbian.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

. . .I think that there was a point somewhere and you missed it.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

dude, midnight umbreon you just don't get it do you?

anyway, sup blog thread i has relationship issues, i am going to ramble on about them and not get distracted by a random picture of tommy.  

issue #1: my ex-boyfriend is clingy, obsessive, mood swingy as fuck and just not understanding that i am not ever going to take him back. he used to be a "nice guy", but i swear he is going to turn into a psycho stalker type someday. i really should just cut him out of my life entirely (because trying to be his friend is extremely difficult for me and not worth it) but i'm not THAT much of a bitch.   :|

issue #2: i have this new acquaintance that i am kinda maybe interested in something or other with.  we are supposed to "hang out" this week, hurrrr hurrr.  i am all excited and slightly nervous like it's a real date and also confused about what it actually is.  nevertheless, i have this huge goofy smile on my face right now.

love,
anna

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES

Apparently not.
Someone explain to me what I have done wrong by apologizing.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

It is not the apologizing that is wrong, it is that you just do not understand what you did wrong in the first place. Slick said it pretty well on the previous page:

Quote from: Slick
To spell it out, the problem with using dyke like that is that it is often used as an extremely negative term for lesbians. When it shows up as in the phrase 'evil dykes' people are offended because it conveys a certain attitude towards homosexuals which most of us here think is entirely inappropriate.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Yes, the idea is that you stop unfairly slandering entire groups of people just because one person has pissed you off. It's extremely offputting. It's like if I got in an argument with est and was all like "Man, fucking Australians. Only a damned Aussie would try getting away with that shit he pulled." I wouldn't even be articulating what est did to offend me, I'd just be implying that it is wrong to be Australian and that people shouldn't be like Australians. It's just furthering a negative stereotype and doesn't do anyone a damn bit of good.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES

How exactly did you manage to assume that I didn't know what I did wrong? I know perfectly well what I did and I've already said that I'll refrain from saying it again unless referring to an actual evil lesbian. Evil lesbian meaning a lesbian that is evil, not evil describing lesbian.

Ăśde

Okay, and I'll use the n-word only to refer to evil black people. A black person that is also evil, I'm not saying all black people are evil.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES

Alright. I won't use it at all.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

issue #1: my ex-boyfriend is clingy, obsessive, mood swingy as fuck and just not understanding that i am not ever going to take him back

issue #2: i have this new acquaintance that i am kinda maybe interested in something or other with

Solution to issue #1: Make sure you run into him while in the company of issue #2. Said encounter will be hella awkward for your ex, but that is the point. Hopefully boy #2 won't find the encounter awkward, but if he does, well, maybe he wasn't such a great catch after all.

Also, I am not sure how #2 is an issue.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Honestly, for problem one it would NOT make you a bitch at all to cut him out. Usually that's the only way for the party who didn't want to break up to get over it. It might actually be nicer of you, if you think of it in terms of that it is probably going to help him get over it.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

tania

• famed sex columnist

a lot of women in abusive relationships report that the main reason they couldn't get out is because every time they tried, their husbands/boyfriends/whatever would tell them they were terrible people and make them feel guilty so they just stayed. i know applying this to your situation might be a bit of a stretch but the main point is still there i think, that if he tries to get back together with you or guilt you or make you feel like you're a really shitty person for not being with him don't listen to him! he's just going to be saying whatever it takes to get back together with you because he's a selfish jerk (he really is if he's still bugging you at this point). listen to your friends instead.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

joe, i don't want boy #1 punching boy #2 in the face though. he's already a bit resentful of him as is. also it's only an issue because dating anyone again after nearly three years with one person will be slightly awkward, and i might not be ready for it yet. eh. i never said it was a major issue, just something that's been on my mind lately.

brittany marie, i guess that would work for a normal person, which he is not. he would probably be all OH I LOST THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE SO I MIGHT AS WELL KILL MYSELF NOW. then what?

tania, it's actually not a huge stretch. no, it wasn't an abusive relationship while it lasted but right now i kind of feel like he's starting to become emotionally abusive, and i am not willing to put up with that. so if i ever end up back with him, feel free to remind me that it's not worth it.

it is kind of sad that i can't talk about this kind of stuff with anyone i know in real life. but thanks for the support, internet friends.  

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

he would probably be all OH I LOST THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE SO I MIGHT AS WELL KILL MYSELF NOW. then what?

Has he ever actually said that losing you is making him suicidal? If not, then you are making a huge leap to be worried about that.

Meanwhile, if he has said that, then note that only 1 in 10,000 people who says that actually means it. I even have a citation!

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

yes he has, i'm not just making assumptions here.
so it's a perfectly legitimate concern.

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows

You're citing yourself saying you have a citation?
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

My computer crapped itself about two weeks ago. This is the first time I've actually logged in since it's happened.

So... hey guys, what's up?
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

tania

• famed sex columnist

suicide is always a really serious concern but keep in mind people do also tend to say really ridiculous insensitive stuff when they want something, and are aware of the red flags that the word suicide sets off.
maybe what you can do here is tell one of his friends instead so they'll keep an eye on him, or something to that effect? either way he shouldn't be your responsibility at all anymore.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

No comment.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Okay, and I'll use the n-word only to refer to evil black people. A black person that is also evil, I'm not saying all black people are evil.

This is really the point with the dyke thing. It is a highly offensive term to some people, and you can argue that using it for a 'particularly bad' lesbian is the same as calling a 'particularly bad' black person by that other word. You know, the word that I don't even feel comfortable typing. The word that I feel a little bad for having just said aloud alone in my empty apartment.
The are plenty of other ways to talk shit about people that don't involve touching on highly sensitive social injustices of our time. My favortie is 'cock-juggling thunder-cunts'. Notice how that one totally avoids 'fuck', 'shit' or 'ass' yet still sounds pretty offensive? The trick is in the genitals. Nobody likes your smelly genitals.

Solution to issue #1: Make sure you run into him while in the company of issue #2. Said encounter will be hella awkward for your ex, but that is the point. Hopefully boy #2 won't find the encounter awkward, but if he does, well, maybe he wasn't such a great catch after all.

I think this is a bad idea because a tenuous #2 might get weirded out and get out even if he is a decent catch.

tania

• famed sex columnist

this could be me reading too much into how people talk to each other, but i find it's also nice to get into the habit of thinking of people as people and not bringing up things like race or sexual orientation or whatever when discussing particularly good or bad interactions. like, saying  "man, someone cut in front of me while i was trying to park and took my spot, it was really rude" instead of "man, some black guy cut in front of me while i was trying to park and took my spot, it was really rude". if you think about it, the second story's kind of weird because if the main issue's that this person was kind of an inconsiderate driver, why bother bringing their race into it? it will just go downhill from there.

tania

• famed sex columnist

Nobody likes your smelly genitals.

completely unrelated to what i just wrote, this sentence is awesome

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Blog thread, I am getting better at controlling the content of my posts when I know it is something bad.

Gabbly also helps.

In other news, KUNG FU EVERY DAY STARTING TOMORROW!
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Yesterday afternoon my precious laptop finally died for good. I took it in to see a nice man and he said basically that bit in laptops can never get fixed. So that's it. Nice man is taking all of my junk off the laptop hard drives and then I'm somewhat marooned.
This means I will not be on the forums so much until I can afford a replacement computer. Of course I am shooting for a mac so it might be a good while indeed. We'll see.
I miss you already, QC.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Ally dear speedy recovery get well soon best wishes from all of us.

ruyi

• Beyoncé

So, uh, typically I spend $0 dollars on clothes a month. Nearly all my shirts cost $10-$15, my shoes are under $20, etc etc.

But I just started buying a lot of shit lately. I'm close to hitting $300. Is this a problem? Is this normal? Do people normally spend this much money on clothes? Should I worry? Is it an okay thing to do??????

I am having a bit of a crisis here, please advise.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

How many items of clothing are you actually buying each month?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

It is the start of a season. You need new clothes at the start of a season.

Unless from here on in you continually spend that much money for a long time and you are spending way beyond your means I do not think anyone is going to hold a small, anomalous splurge against you.

ruyi

• Beyoncé

Oh, I should clarify. I mean that I have spent nearly $300 just this week, after not buying anything for a very long time. So, most months I buy nothing? In the past I would go shopping maybe once every four months and then I'd spend like, $50.

What I mean is I am used to spending abnormally small amounts on these things so I have no idea what constitutes a 'normal' amount for a splurge.

ruyi

• Beyoncé

Also yes I hope I do stop  :oops:

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Although if you do not at least you will have lots of nice clothing. That is a very good thing.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Unless you spent all your money on clothes and not food.
Because then you'll have lots of nice clothes but you'll starve.
Then your clothes will not fit.
And you'll have to spend what money you do get buying more clothes.
It's a vicious cycle.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

I want to go clothes shopping as I have put on a bit of weight and all my t-shirts (most of which were bought at the beginning of this year or earlier) are now a little tight or they have shrunk at the laundromat. Also I need new socks (and have done for about 2 years; why have my relatives stopped giving me socks for Christmas??). I should really go and buy some new threads but I'm busy saving for America. Hopefully I'll get this job I'm interviewing for tomorrow and I can go shopping for new socks and undies (of which I also need new ones).
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

valley_parade

• coprophage

Of course I am shooting for a mac so it might be a good while indeed. We'll see.
I miss you already, QC.

It is worth the wait.

tania

• famed sex columnist

i spend a lot of money on clothing because when i buy cheap clothing it falls apart on me, so i try to make up for it by just not having a lot of it. typically if i go clothing shopping i'll also tend to spend around $300-400 but it'll probably consist of just a few good quality things and then i'll buy nothing for the next six to twelve months or so. mostly it depends on the individual person. i know some students/people who spend far more than $300 a month on all kinds of weird shit so you are okay i think.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

My guess is guys who are packing serious heat almost never check out early.

Jimi Hendrix. Not a suicide, but he did check out early and was allegedly packing serious heat.

In terms of Bryan, well, it didn't look like he was smuggling a microphone in his pants, but he may be a grower rather than a shower.

In terms of sleep apnea, former Red Sox relief pitcher Craig Hansen suffered from sleep apnea. I say this to you because you're the only person I know who likes the Red Sox and has suffered from sleep apnea, making you the only person I know who might give a flying shit about this trivia. Also, you're probably a pretty terrible relief pitcher.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 82   Go Up