THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 07:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 940861 times)

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache

Last night I went to see The Mountain Goats! It was so good. I am very upset though as we left early so my friend could catch his train. We missed This Year. FFFFUuuuuuuu.

I am going to see Frank Turner on April 25th and Okkervil River in June. Concerts rule!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

imagist42

• more post-coital, less post-rock

We missed This Year. FFFFUuuuuuuu.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

KYUSS. IN TWO HOURS. YES.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

valley_parade

• coprophage

KYUSS. IN TWO HOURS. YES.

And because his site's not loading for me...is Brant Bjork part of the lineup?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

scarred

• Older than Moses

This Will Destroy You, Pure Ecstasy, and Sleep Over are playing May 21. I cannot fucking wait.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Last night I went to see The Mountain Goats! It was so good. I am very upset though as we left early so my friend could catch his train. We missed This Year. FFFFUuuuuuuu.

You'll just have to go see them again. I've seen the Mountain Goats every time they've come to Australia in the last five or six years (and some years they've come twice) and they've played that song every time, so you'll get another chance I'm sure.

This Thursday I'm going to see Gareth Liddiard (of the Drones) play a solo show, supported by Dan Kelly (who those of you outside Australia won't know, but he's awesome). It's going to be a hell of a show.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2011, 16:39 by Inlander »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Liddiard's solo stuff is brilliant, me jealous.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Inlander

• coprophage

I actually saw the Drones play an acoustic set (because Liddiard had injured himself and couldn't rock out) comprised of a bunch of their stuff and a bunch of Liddiard's solo stuff a little while ago and it was fantastic.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

And because his site's not loading for me...is Brant Bjork part of the lineup?

yes.

they were excellent. played two encores. crowd was sweaty.

You bastard, I couldn't go when they came to Belgium :(

Speaking of Belgium, I'll be seeing Battles + Dan Deacon in the AB on Monday. Properly excited.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

KaosPilot

• Furry furrier
    • Confessions of a Creative Writer

Joan of Arc + Hot Club de Paris in Aberdeen on the 27th of June.

Aberdeen in June is going to be CRAZY.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

just got a confirmation text saying i can interview the smith westerns and then see smith westerns and vaccines for free but it's in glasgow and I'm really tired.

what to do?

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building

Ceremony is coming to Denmark. I am not going to miss this for the world! I don't care whatsoever. There could be a global nuclear disaster and I would
still get the fuck in there and tear it up. Shit... It's four months away but still.

also Pianos Become the Teeth + Suis La Lune on friday.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

valley_parade

• coprophage

If I can find someone to go with....

Dinosaur Jr, Thurston Moore and Henry Rollins (speaking) in June, in NoHo.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Ceremony is coming to Denmark. I am not going to miss this for the world! I don't care whatsoever. There could be a global nuclear disaster and I would
still get the fuck in there and tear it up. Shit... It's four months away but still.

also Pianos Become the Teeth + Suis La Lune on friday.

So jealous of that tour.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

JESUS FUCK CONVEGE IS PLAYING ON MY BIRTHDAY

i kind of cant contain myself right now
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties

convadge
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

I might have to go to NY to catch that Converge tour, cause I'm pretty sure they'll never come here.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

convadge

Conva-jayjay.

That said: HOLY SHIT. Lucky bastard.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Who else is playing that Converge show? Half the fun of Converge tours is that they usually get someone even cooler to support.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Trap Them and Burning Love, and Dropdead on some dates. Yeah, Dropdead.

kwami42

• Obscure cultural reference
    • last.fm

EITS/Octopus Project Saturday, Mountain Goats Monday.

Good weekend.

sean

• welp

apparently trap them and burning love are playing along with others. i guess i had better check out that trap them album, i've never spun them.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Trap Them are amazing. Crusted out death-grind/hardcore with a bit of influence from later Converge...although, Ryan and Brian's last band, Backstabber's Inc., were around at the same time as Converge and Trap Them sound sort of like a more complex extension of that, so it might not be fair to make that statement.

Burning Love are great as well, but infinitely better live...Chris Colohan will do the funniest and most awesome shit when he performs, and it's just the kind of music that comes out better in that setting. I'm definitely a little biased since I love Cursed and I always see Burning Love here, but I've never heard anyone complain about seeing them. Great dudes too.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

I don't know if this fits in the thread, but I am so fucking pumped to be playing tomorrow.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Dude Sean, Trap Them are fantastic.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Burning Love are great as well, but infinitely better live...Chris Colohan will do the funniest and most awesome shit when he performs, and it's just the kind of music that comes out better in that setting. I'm definitely a little biased since I love Cursed and I always see Burning Love here, but I've never heard anyone complain about seeing them. Great dudes too.

OK so I'd never heard of Burning Love before but if I'm reading that right it's a dude or dudes from Cursed? I guess I should check that out then.

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU

Yeah, the Cursed vocalist, Chris Colohan, is in Burning Love. Really bluesy, rock-n-roll-ish hardcore...and they did a cover of "Jack the Ripper" by Nick Cave, which is amazing.

Check it out: http://youtu.be/jRy-ppNQ86A

These two are original material:
http://youtu.be/lnyiku00zic
http://youtu.be/DLJpG6A_x5Y
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2011, 23:20 by Vuk »

imagist42

Last night I went to a local venue for the first time since I've been back at school and saw three cool bands. Apparently one of them is in some contest to get on the cover of Rolling Stone and play at Bonnaroo? You guys should check them out and maybe vote for them if you like because they play a real fun, energetic show and are really good for being from the Mormon Desert.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Holy shit... I'll be in The Netherlands tomorrow to attend Roadburn festival! So damn excited.

The lineup is just too good.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Okay so Dan Deacon was kind of mind blowingly awesome, Battles were good technically, but it felt like there was something missing, and they didn't play Atlas, which is fair cause that dude isn't in their band anymore, but that is probably my favorite song of theirs. Were definitely on top of their shit though musically.

Apparently the opener was really good, but I missed him. Also, didn't see Factory Floor because met a cute girl, who is going to see Merzbow tonight in the same place, and told me to come, so yeah. But also, Liturgy.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Cute girls that like Merzbow?

Does she have a sister?

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy

Apparently the Odd Future tour sold out in just a few hours, my life is in shambles
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

So if luck's on my side I am going to Outside Lands
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Holy shit... I'll be in The Netherlands tomorrow to attend Roadburn festival! So damn excited.

The lineup is just too good.
See Swans, you dick! See them!

Also Khar will probably melt if you see Candlemass
didn't see Factory Floor
Booooooooo

But also, Liturgy.
BOOOOOOOO

This week's kind of rough for me! I totally spaced on the Communikey festival in Boulder. I'd like to see Monolake, who I believe is playing Friday. If that doesn't pan out, I have tickets to see Ramadanman and Zed Bias in Denver on Saturday. It'll be the first time I see a DJ I'm really into in a live setting. I've got most of everything Ramadanman / Pearson Sound has ever done on wax.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

imagist42

starfucker with a cute grrrl next weeeeek

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

The Black Lips with a cute grrrl tonight!

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Just got back from Grouper w/ Zelienople in a little on-campus garage. First time I ever saw Zelienople, they were really good and really intense. Grouper was absolutely amazing. I've seen her a few times in the past and this may have been the best. She played for a long time, one gorgeous continuous set of largely new material. It was quiet but so damn powerful and really, really gorgeous.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2011, 22:30 by TheFuriousWombat »
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Inlander

• coprophage

Oliver Mann tonight at the same beautiful venue (Richmond Uniting Church) where I saw him perform an amazing show last year.

Before that, Mick Turner (Dirty Three) doing a free in-store for International Record Store Day in about an hour!

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Last night, I went to see The Black Lips with Vivian Girls and Davila 666 opening for them.
Davila 666 is a Puerto Rican garage band who sings exclusively in Spanish. It was fun stuff, but the crowd wasn't really into it that much. Saw a few heads bobbing.
Vivian Girls wa realy great at first, but they are a bit boring after while. "When will they stop?", I thought to myself after 7 songs.
Black Lips was incredibly fun. Now, this is a band where being high and drunk makes everything even better they they already were. Theyplayed songs from their four last albums (Let It Bloom, Good Bad Not Evil, 200 Million Thousand, and their upcoming Arabia Mountain). Lots of crowdsurfing, lots of moshing, a few people went onstage and kissed members of the bands (boys and girls, from kiss on the cheek to full-blown making out).

Good times, good times.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

The Black Lips are honestly one of the few bands I would recommend to almost anyone to go see, just to see an excellent rock show from both the crowd and the band.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Yeah, I think it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. It was sloppy, yet tight. Like, controlled chaos. And the crowd was so much into it, and the band looked like they were really happy to be here and perform for us, and yeah, an all-around awesome show. I really had a shitload of fun.

sean

• welp

OH MY GOD ALGERNON CADWALLEDER IS PLAYING IN DC ON JULY 2ND ILL ACTUALLY SEE THEM WAHOOOOOOOOO

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

AGGGGGH Ramadanman.

I liked his stuff well enough on a headset but it's really a whole other thing from a pro soundsystem. It went over moderately well with the crowd - they had grown complacent from the prior Zed Bias set that featured a lot of '05-'07 wobble-y 'ardstep, which brosteppin' American kids tend to gravitate towards. By contrast, David Kennedy didn't drop a single wobble during his set - rather, the kicks of his drum patterns were distorted into booming, gauzy vibrations, which only augmented the signature forward momentum of his music. There was a bit of grime (SX and Wiley edits) and plenty of UK juke / footwork stuff (I am now convinced that Addison Groove is the best thing to happen to dance music in the last 10 years). American hip hop served as set bookends. He closed out with this (good call cutting out the Chris Brown portion, fuck that noise)
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage

YESTERDAY I SAW MICK TURNER'S ARSE-CRACK AND IT WAS LIKE LOOKING INTO THE FACE OF GOD

Inlander

• coprophage

Also after his set his two little daughters ran up and hugged him and it was so cute.

canardseditieux

• Not quite a lurker

Just got back from Grouper w/ Zelienople in a little on-campus garage. First time I ever saw Zelienople, they were really good and really intense. Grouper was absolutely amazing. I've seen her a few times in the past and this may have been the best. She played for a long time, one gorgeous continuous set of largely new material. It was quiet but so damn powerful and really, really gorgeous.

I saw them the next day (yesterday). Zelienople were a pleasant surprise and Grouper was fantastic (first time I've seen her, so I have no basis for comparison) but people in the back were being really loud which was a gigantic bummer.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

yeah at the start of her set here there were some talkative people in the back to but she played quite a long set and by halfway through or so most of them had left. She was playing in this little venue on campus that is often a Friday night party scene so I think people showed up expecting that and when they realized it wasn't happening they (thankfully) left.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

scarred

• Older than Moses

starfucker this saturday!

this will be like, the 6th or 7th time i've seen them and i'm still so excited
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

imagist42

And I am seeing them in two days! Also so excited
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 58   Go Up