THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 08 May 2024, 07:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's have a fashion advice thread.  (Read 962945 times)

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Let's have a fashion advice thread.
« Reply #2000 on: 10 Dec 2008, 10:21 »

Man, how am I not seeing these? Is there a picture of the back or something that isn't loading for me?
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #2001 on: 10 Dec 2008, 10:23 »

It may be your monitor. Look closely, the fabric of the dress is just sheer enough to be able to see the darker black lingerie under it.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2002 on: 10 Dec 2008, 10:24 »

Oh, definitely my monitor then, my laptop screen is A) filthy and B) shitty
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #2003 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:03 »

i don't really see them either. i guess it would be more noticeable on a real-life person.

last night before falling asleep a very sudden thought popped into my head and it was "hey, i should buy a really expensive wallet so that i stop losing it cos this way i'll actually get really upset every time i do." then i woke up this morning and remembered that and it still seemed like a pretty good idea. mitch hedberg had a skit where he said he bought expensive pens instead of cheap ones cos he was sick of losing pens and not caring. i wasn't sure how funny that was supposed to be but i thought that was actually incredibly good advice and i ended up buying an $8 pen that i have been refilling for the last three years or so. now i am thinking i should be one of those weird expensive wallet people on account i constantly lose my wallet and don't ever really care on account i always end up getting it back and never have anything important in it. unfortunately this is a really horrible habit and i think it is something i should start really caring about, maybe i will if my wallet is over $50 and ridiculously fancy looking.

are wallets a fashion thing? i have been spending the last 45 minutes looking at really nice wallets online instead of studying and i have no money for this crap but oh man if i did i would be so responsible. i would know where that wallet was ALL THE TIME.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2004 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:23 »

Dear fashion advice thread,

that is where the panty line is showing horribly. A panty line is not where you can SEE the underwear(although you can a bit), it is where you can see where the underwear are too tight and pulling in the skin making you look bumpy not sleek!

King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2005 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:34 »

I love that top dress.  Dresses that come with their own pay phones are awesome!

No, seriously, I do love that dress and would wear it in a heartbeat!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2006 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:36 »

Dear andy,
Thanks for knowing how fashion works! Even though your taste is apparently terrible according to this thread.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2007 on: 10 Dec 2008, 11:39 »

Hm, I saw that dent but I figured it was just a fold in the dress due to her weird stance, like the others across the front. I can kinda see the outline thing if I look really really hard but I think that might just be shadow too. Either my screen is really terrible or you guys are le perv!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2008 on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:05 »

I wouldn't have considered that a panty line unless I saw it continue around her butt. But speaking of panty lines, here's my favorite tip:

When wearing a dress, skirt, etc that hugs you around the hip and butt, for the love of goddo not wear a thong. It still creates a panty line on the hips and sometimes it's worse than normal underwear. Lacy boyshorts are the best underwear to wear in these situations (if you don't want to go commando).
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2009 on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:50 »

Or you get a wide lace thong! It spreads out the pressure in the same way a boyshort might, but still eliminates lines on the back. Maybe it's just the shape of my butt, but boyshorts cut my butt curve right in half, it looks terrible.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2010 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:02 »

Dear andy,
Thanks for knowing how fashion works! Even though your taste is apparently terrible according to this thread.

Which is weird because I get a lot of compliments on how I dress! But usually it's followed by a,"I could never pull that off." so maybe it is just that I like my clothes? I don't know.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

CursedMortivore

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Creepy lurker.
« Reply #2011 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:36 »

When they say "I could never pull that off" it means that they have a sexual interest in you but you are too hot for them to ever get with. By "that" they mean your clothes. Off of you.
"Fight fire with fire? You should fight everything with fire!" - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2012 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:37 »

That's not a creepy post. Nope.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2013 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:38 »

Ouch, now that was just awkward to read.

CursedMortivore

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Creepy lurker.
« Reply #2014 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:43 »

HEY I was not talking about my feelings towards her. I was talking about other peoples feelings. Towards her. yeah.
"Fight fire with fire? You should fight everything with fire!" - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #2015 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:47 »

I thought it was kind of awkward but not creepy. But really, I think what we should be talking about here is this.

Does this man's hands look terribly wrong?

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 13:50 by Tyler »
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #2016 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:50 »

it doesn't look like his feet are touching the ground either, is he supposed to be standing on his toes?
i like his outfit but that is a legitimately terrifying photo.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2017 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:58 »

It is weird. It bothers me that his hands aren't both doing the same thing and I don't know why.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #2018 on: 10 Dec 2008, 13:59 »

He looks dapper but he has weird fingers and OH MY GOD WHERE IS THE TOP OF THAT POOR MAN'S HEAD WHERE DID HE EVEN FIND A HAT LIKE THAT

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2019 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:00 »

It doesn't look so much like he is standing on his tippy toes as it does that he is landing on the ground after a slow descent from the ceiling where he was floating around like in that scene in Mary Poppins.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2020 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:04 »

It sort of looks like they've photoshopped him to look skinnier/smaller, but forgotten about his forearms.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2021 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:17 »

It sort of looks like they've photoshopped him to look skinnier/smaller, but forgotten about his forearms.

i was thinking the same thing.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #2022 on: 10 Dec 2008, 14:21 »

very helpful, thank you sam!

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2023 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:04 »

RE: Pantylines.

I have a number of dresses (including my formal dresses and ones I have worn to weddings and such), that showed up pretty much every type of underwear I had on underneath. I managed to find these ones at Target that were made of a thin stretchy material and that had no seams. They sat flat on my hips and were so thin that you couldn't see them under the dress at all.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Gilead

« Reply #2024 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:12 »

Sam: Nice recommendations, Maxx and Unicorn also does really nice leather wallets that are less heavy duty, and there's a few on sale at Dresscodes
http://www.dresscodesatl.com/menswear/Maxx1b.html

Speaking of wallets, I got a really nice leather envelope wallet to hold my cards and notes in that I have gotten a ton of compliments on.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_10&listing_id=18147245

« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 16:17 by Gilead »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #2025 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:26 »

That lady's panty-line thing is very very subtle.  Perhaps it'd look worse in real life, but I doubt it.  Here is a question for guys re: panty lines.  Does anyone really give a shit?  I mean, obviously if the person is wearing body-constricting underwear that is cutting into their flab and you can see that through clothes it doesn't look any good. Other than that though any detraction in style-points for visible underwear when a lady is wearing an otherwise attractive outfit will be extremely minimal.

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2026 on: 10 Dec 2008, 16:58 »

Man, "fashion" or clothing or whatever you want to call it is so confusing. Fashion in the sense of being fashionable is bullshit in my opinion but I really admire people who can make whatever look good. You know, some people just see what would look good together and they might spend $200 or $5 but it still looks cool. Most of the time I don't give a fuck about looking like a bum but when I actually want to look good I am pretty much just like *sigh* at my cluelessness.

Reading threads like this is interesting but sort of highlights my complete lack of style.  :-P

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2027 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:08 »

That lady's panty-line thing is very very subtle.  Perhaps it'd look worse in real life, but I doubt it.  Here is a question for guys re: panty lines.  Does anyone really give a shit? 

I don't give a shit!

In fact sometimes I find it attractive.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #2028 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:29 »

Yeah, it's more of a plus than a minus.

Also, freaky photos: http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Fenriswolf

« Reply #2029 on: 10 Dec 2008, 17:30 »

Oh my god that is so creepy.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #2030 on: 10 Dec 2008, 18:50 »

<- Doesn't like panty lines, but mostly notices them on the bum not the hip.
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2031 on: 10 Dec 2008, 19:48 »

I hate panty lines. HATE HATE HATE. I have two pairs of undies that I can wear under dresses that won't show, one is a pair of lacy boyshorts, the other is a seamless thong that you can't even tell you are wearing.

Yay underwear!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2032 on: 10 Dec 2008, 20:17 »

2 out of 3 males on this forum just had a boner attack.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #2033 on: 10 Dec 2008, 20:20 »

2 out of 3? That is an oversight the size of the predicted luck of the Titanic in iceberg-ridden waters.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2034 on: 10 Dec 2008, 21:26 »

Panty lines are almost always unsightly bulges created from elastic that is too tight. Most people don't even know they get them, but most of those people actually ger them across their ass cheeks and think people won't be able to tell because of the decorative seams on their jean pockets. This is overwhelmingly a ladies' thing, given how high ladies' underwear is often cut. My solution for underwear lines? Don't wear underwear! I often don't, and I don't really get the big deal with going commando, either.

Also, I thought it was just one of those things about modeling, where you didn't wear underwear under the things you modeled, kind of like ballet with leotards and tights, but maybe that is just me (and my friend who is a small-time model, whom I asked).

Cheshire Cat: I usually notice them more on the ass, too! But hers cut into her hip so much that it is way noticeable.

Incidentally, I love both of those dresses, but the second one caught my eye first. I had to consider the ruffles on the first one and decide whether or not the dress would be the same without them (it wouldn't).

Edit: Oops, missed a page there.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 21:30 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #2035 on: 10 Dec 2008, 21:38 »

My solution for underwear lines? Don't wear underwear! I often don't, and I don't really get the big deal with going commando, either.

2 out of 3 males on this forum just had a boner attack.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Fenriswolf

« Reply #2036 on: 10 Dec 2008, 21:39 »

Well I never realised that complaints about panty lines were referring to bulges around too-tight underwear rather than being able to see the underwear itself. Which makes rather more sense actually.

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #2037 on: 10 Dec 2008, 21:48 »

Yeah it is really unsightly. Plus, it is king of a shame, because even I get it sometimes and I am way bony and underweight, but it can give girls a muffin-top kind of look and make them look fat, even if they just have little love handles or really any padding across the pelvis at all.

Manufacturers: Make better underwear!
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Fenriswolf

« Reply #2038 on: 10 Dec 2008, 22:01 »

True, but you get what you pay for and jesus the amount of slim young girls I've seen wearing pants that give them muffintops is insane! Don't you have a mirror?? You're not even the least bit overweight  :roll:

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #2039 on: 10 Dec 2008, 23:29 »

Dear Andy, who said you're unfashionable? Why would you be considered so due to a limited number of posts on a thread?

I should contribute to this thread but i can't be fucked to take pictures of new clothes. My boss raved about my outfit the other day. I wore black jeans and a navy vest over a white chesty with a red belt and red coral necklace.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2008, 23:31 by fatty »
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #2040 on: 11 Dec 2008, 04:53 »

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #2041 on: 11 Dec 2008, 06:15 »

It's a type of wide-strap singlet by bonds. Based on the male 'chesty' muscle singlet. But for ladies.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2042 on: 11 Dec 2008, 12:17 »

Tank top, then, for us yanks. Or undershirt. Or "wife beater". Or whatever.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #2043 on: 11 Dec 2008, 12:32 »

Yeah, to us chesty is just a (somewhat crass) adjective.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2044 on: 11 Dec 2008, 16:20 »

Whereas "wife beater" is an acceptable, widely used term for a piece of underwear.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2045 on: 11 Dec 2008, 17:19 »

Muscle shirt.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2046 on: 11 Dec 2008, 17:26 »

I am actually wearing a "wife beater" right now. They are good for layering, and cheap! $5 for a three pack or something like that.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #2047 on: 11 Dec 2008, 17:27 »

Beaters are pretty swell for summer. No way in hell am I wearing sleeves at 40 c.
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2048 on: 11 Dec 2008, 18:07 »

Dear Andy, who said you're unfashionable? Why would you be considered so due to a limited number of posts on a thread?

I should contribute to this thread but i can't be fucked to take pictures of new clothes. My boss raved about my outfit the other day. I wore black jeans and a navy vest over a white chesty with a red belt and red coral necklace.

I do not really consider myself unfashionable, but I have apparently made some bad calls for saying that I totally love to wear tights pretty much like pants with a long shirt or sweater. I do not know.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2049 on: 11 Dec 2008, 18:14 »

I always said that was fashionably sexy.  Though there was some debate on the subject.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 77   Go Up