THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Jun 2024, 17:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: He has left us alone but shafts of light still grace the corners of our rooms  (Read 2219 times)

Kill.kenada

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lucky Blue Suit

Ok, I've recently started listening to this album and wondered if there is anything else similar to this album out there.

I'm looking for something similar to the track 'Broken Chord Can Sing a Little'

Maybe something even more minimalistic.

Any suggentions are appreciated, thanks.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi

There is rather a lot of music like that out there.

First and foremost, the band Labradford.  Get all six of their albums immediately.

Also, the Labradford side-projects Pan American and Aix Em Klemm.  I'm partial to the first and fourth Pan American albums the most.

After you get those, get back to me.  Because those are by far the best minimalist/ambient post-rock out there.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Kill.kenada

• Lucky Blue Suit

Excellent, I'll get on that later.

Any particular album to start at?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi

If you want to hear the best stuff first, get Labradford's self-titled third album and the two after it, Mi Media Naranja and E Luxo So.  Their first album has a lot of just plain ambient drone, but it also has the insanely beautiful "Soft Return".  Their second one, A Stable Reference, is also quite good in a Twin Peaks music sort of way.  Honestly, the last album they did, Fixed::Context, is sort of shitty.  It's a 20-minute track that isn't very interesting and then 3 shorter tracks that aren't that good either.  I have no idea how they went from "best band ever" to "not so hot" in one album, but they did.

Kill.kenada

• Lucky Blue Suit

Eugh, every Labradford album I've tried either needs a password, or is in m4a format.

Any chance anyone could upload an mp3 version?

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi

They're quite cheap if you buy them directly from Kranky Records.  I very much doubt you'll be disappointed.

Kill.kenada

• Lucky Blue Suit

Ok, thanks again!

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

also, at the very worst, if you haven't, there are all the OTHER ASMZ albums, although each album is pretty different from the last. THey're all exceptional, however.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up