THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 May 2024, 19:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 776433 times)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1750 on: 26 Mar 2009, 15:44 »

Patrick I keep trying to give you bad advice that you will only regret in time but you do not seem to want to take it.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1751 on: 26 Mar 2009, 17:12 »

"Man, we are so fucking cool because we are 14 and we are fucking smoking fucking cigarettes and we fucking say fuck a fucking lot really fucking loudly because we fucking need fucking attention and everytime we fucking take a fucking puff off a fucking cigarette we fucking cough our fucking not fully developed fucking lungs out. And we kept calling our fucking parents and starting fucking fights because we are so fucking cool!!!!!"

God I hate teenagers.

In bloggy news, I am going to email the owner of my company and ask to start receiving full time benefits. I work full time and I'm not getting health insurrance. I'm not asking for much, am I? If I don't get them and my hours get cut when we moving, I will be quitting.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1752 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:24 »

Damnit Patrick, how many times do I have to tell you? Out of state is a-okay!
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #1753 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:29 »

so apparently the god hates fags people are gonna protest a high school near me simply because it is called Walt Whitman.

what the fuck people?
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1754 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:36 »

They just protested a high school in my girlfriend's town for putting on a production of the Laramie Project.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1755 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:37 »

I say go, and read Whitman poetry through a megaphone.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #1756 on: 26 Mar 2009, 18:52 »

Dear Blog Thread.

I have never held a day job my entire life. I can say that I'm pretty scared of getting a job, in anticipation of the possible weird shit that could happen while on the clock, and the horrible interactions I've had with strangers over my life, like when some idiot asked me to photograph his biceps outside a bar about a few weeks ago or when a guy asked me to pray with him in front of a Borders. Also, when trying to assert myself for an interview, I can't do it--my confidence shrinks to the amount a tortilla has.

Granted this is not something I want to keep up and I would rather be happy and have a decent-paying job and no inferiority complex, but what's a guy to do?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1757 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:06 »

Dude, jobs are easy to get(once you get the interview). Just dress nicely, and be yourself. I don't know it works for me.

My last job interview, I remember being completely laid back, and totally nonchalant, and at one point just totally chilling, and making jokes and crap. And that interview had three people asking me questions.*

*But the questions were about video games and music and stuff and man that is easy.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1758 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:25 »

They just protested a high school in my girlfriend's town for putting on a production of the Laramie Project.

what town?
radical dame

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1759 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:26 »

Canton.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #1760 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:28 »

they were going to protest when my school did the same play, but nobody actually showed up. they are a pretty pathetic group that operates mostly on empty threats.
radical dame

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #1761 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:31 »

That and bigotry, frothing hatred, and sheer wrongheaded stupidity.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1762 on: 26 Mar 2009, 19:54 »

yesterday while walking home from the library at 2am i passed the university center and there were all these police cars and ambulances everywhere and everything was covered in caution tape and i thought "oh, weird", and this morning i found out it is because a bus driver hit a pedestrian downtown and dragged him under the bus all the way to the university where his body was then found underneath the bus. jesus christ.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1763 on: 26 Mar 2009, 20:12 »

"Man, we are so fucking cool because we are 14 and we are fucking smoking fucking cigarettes and we fucking say fuck a fucking lot really fucking loudly because we fucking need fucking attention and everytime we fucking take a fucking puff off a fucking cigarette we fucking cough our fucking not fully developed fucking lungs out. And we kept calling our fucking parents and starting fucking fights because we are so fucking cool!!!!!"
At least I'm not the only one that notices them.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1764 on: 26 Mar 2009, 20:23 »

omgomg it's flooding and scary and my house should be fine in fact i am in the area people are being evacuated TO but still I am by myself and I have serious anxiety issues and I'm flipping shit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1765 on: 26 Mar 2009, 23:21 »

Brittany, that is why my roommate and I bought alcohol tonight and enjoyed a few drinks.

OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1766 on: 27 Mar 2009, 00:26 »

Dear internet,

I know I recently gave you a pretty open sob story about my life, but here is a "to the minute report!!" it's like a special edition post. Get them while they are still availabe!!(and before we completely jack up the prices)

My roommate is probably most definitely going to jail. I feel like I've ran full force into a brick wall. And I keep doing it. And I don't have plans on stopping. Or like I'm in a tiny little box and the walls keep pushing in further and further and I am going to die soon this is fact and there isn't enough space to breathe in this little room and man i do not know what to do oh god oh god oh god. And basicaly we are fucked and I want to die ten thousand deaths.

And my gargoyle's(the friend) son is/was in the hospital, and yeah I'm really fucking worried about the both of them, but he said things were going better and jesus I don't know. I felt so fucking selfish calling him for comfort knowing that a)he is going through hella worse shit, and b)god I am a selfish cunt. So I left him a blubbering voicemail apologizing.

And I feel sorry for everyone in the world and I want to apologize of everyone's behalf. Dear people, I am sorry your life sucks.

And I am just another fucked up girl in a long line of fucked up girls that gargoyles try to save because they've got the jesus complex.

And I am going to write a book about my life and it's gonna be all Diary Of A Fucked Up Girl. And you are all going to be characters! Congradulations!! I am lying!! You wouldn't be characters unless I met you. Maybe then. Or maybe I will write a book called Some Shit You Should Draw and it will be about some shit you should draw like birds and cephalopods.

And I swear I have not had one drink or one illegal substance all day. Nor any prescription pills not described to me. Or any too big a dose of medicine I shouldn't take. And I am not mixing painkillers and alcohol, Gargoyle. I am not dumb. jesus.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1767 on: 27 Mar 2009, 00:29 »

And I swear I have not had one drink or one illegal substance all day.
Do you see the problem now?

I apologize for posting about happy things, Emaline, I'm sorry you're having a hard time with life, but...

My best friend's father has the biggest record collection I've seen outside of a vintage record store. The man has everything From Dizzy Gillespie, to Shinehead's "The Real Rock". What's even fluffing better? The man has a pair of Technic SL-1200 MK2 turntables.

Holy crap.

Holy crap.

Holy crap.

The trade off? No mixer board. I'm going to buy him one.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 00:53 by MrBlu »
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1768 on: 27 Mar 2009, 01:07 »

they were going to protest when my school did the same play, but nobody actually showed up. they are a pretty pathetic group that operates mostly on empty threats.

Yes. But they did manage to protest during soldier's funerals. Now, regardless of how you feel about the war in Iraq that is just inexcusable and should be punishable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church#Activities_and_statements

Oh ... they protested at a lot of funerals.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 01:12 by BeoPuppy »
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1769 on: 27 Mar 2009, 02:13 »

As I knelt in front of the work toilet at 4pm this afternoon, 8 hours into a ten hour shift, praying for god to end my miserable life I had a bit of a realisation. Stay with me here.

Throwing up has a lot in common with having sex.

Ok not a lot but a few things for example after having done either you kind of attain an aura that allows other people to grin knowingly or show concern, despite the fact that I can never notice any actual change in my appearance.

I had a very good night last night and a very bad day today is what I am saying.

I realised today that I am that guy at work. You know the one. He does more hours than most other people, but you're not really sure what his job is. He's obviously doing SOMETHING because when he's not around things seem to run a little bit less smoothly but for the love of god you can't figure out what it is. I realised this today when it was brought to my attention by the consensus of the bargirls that they are not quite sure whether I am supposed to be a bartender, a glassie, or a cellarman. They see me do little bits of each job but I never really seem to do any of them especially.

Also Karaoke trip report: cute girl that had vaguely mentioned she might come see me do karaoke didn't turn up but like a true champion I carried on in style, doing the very first song of the evening, which was A boy named Sue, which I think is going to be my icebreaker song from now on. Also it requires no singing, just the affectation of an accent that reminds people of a southern american drawl without actually sounding anything like it.

From there I was horrified to discover that we had a new karaoke girl who did not actually have "papa's got a brand new bag" which was the song I went there to sing in the first place, but replaced by a duet of "paradise by the dashboard light" with a charming young lady of my acquaintance, it was not too sorely missed. Finishing up with Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the watch tower" with a shout out to all my home boys and home ladies that have been watching the last season of Battlestar Galactica, I was by this point too shitfaced to remember to take my jacket with me that I left behind the bar.

Tonight will basically consist of smoking the weed my housemate left for me (he is so nice it is basically about 20 bucks worth of weed he just left for me to smoke because he's a nice guy) and watching a Scanner Darkly with a friend.

And I am going to write a book about my life and it's gonna be all Diary Of A Fucked Up Girl. And you are all going to be characters! Congradulations!! I am lying!! You wouldn't be characters unless I met you.

I think you should franticaly personify the internet and introduce it as an anthromorphic character.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 02:16 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1770 on: 27 Mar 2009, 03:44 »

As I knelt in front of the work toilet at 4pm this afternoon, 8 hours into a ten hour shift, praying for god to end my miserable life I had a bit of a realisation. Stay with me here.

Throwing up has a lot in common with having sex.

You are never more real than during sex, or throwing up.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #1771 on: 27 Mar 2009, 05:25 »

Maybe there is some sort of theory behind sex and being ill, both make you very tired, there is a lot of build up and false starts before it, afterwards you feel much better and there is the same amount of gut wreching in both cases.

Today I am making Gingerbread men with a lady friend, then going to a crappy party later on that will no doubt be infested by the kindergarten club (guys who date much younger girls... its creepy as hell), but I sort of have to go because there is nowt else to do.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1772 on: 27 Mar 2009, 05:25 »

Rad shit!

-Traded a guitar for another, cooler, older guitar. ACE.

-Going to a show tonight! Local band, a few friends are meeting me there.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #1773 on: 27 Mar 2009, 06:14 »

Today a combination of bordom and hunger led me to make pancakes, and after realising I had nothing to put on top of them, I decided to find stuff to add to the mixture to see how that tasted. Results as follows

Shugar pancake  - nothing special just like a maccas or premixed pancake, except not a sweet. acceptable
Chocolate pancake  - bland, possibly not enough chocolate.
pepermint pancake  - subtle didn't really notice the difference at first, but it tasted... smoother. plan on experimenting with more pepermint oil.
Salt and vinigar pancake - This took a while to get used to, but it grew on me. would recomend.

With what's left of the batter I plan on trying cinnamon pancakes, garlic pancakes and maybe a deep fried pancake
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1774 on: 27 Mar 2009, 06:19 »

Dear blog thread,

Voting has started for the show and uh apparently I am winning pretty handily. It probably does not help that I told my mom, who basically passed the information on to the entire international community here in Tirana. That includes the Peace Corps kids, who are all teachers, who have apparently pledged to brainwash all their students to brainwash everybody they know into voting for me. I guess it is kindof unfair for me to be like RIDICULOUSLY well-connected here just for being in the position I am when all the other kids have to start from scratch making names for themselves. Guilt complex, anybody?

Maybe I should start whoring my band to them now before people lose interest in the guy who stands around like a dead man.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1775 on: 27 Mar 2009, 07:23 »

I apologize for posting about happy things, Emaline, I'm sorry you're having a hard time with life, but...

Man, just because my life sucks balls, doesn't mean that everyone else's has to as well. That is actually one of my biggest fears, everyone will think that because my life sucks so much ass, that I don't want to hear their stories of how awesome life can be, but really guys, I DO! It gives me hope.

Anyway,

Blubbering call returned by Gargoyle this morning. Made things feel a bit better. Made a plan for me to move to St. Louis. Sounded sullen and disinterested when I asked to hang out sometime soon.

I still like my Gargoyle. Considering St. Louis plan.

Feeling pukey this morning(Gargoyle says its the stress.), and tired. Left the house late, didn't have time to wrap my foot. In pain. Didn't smoke morning cigarette. Need to buy more.

I miss my dog.

ETA: Patrick, I know you hate it, but man, I think what you are doing is really cool.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1776 on: 27 Mar 2009, 08:15 »

Flood update!

~The river has surpassed the 40.1 ft record set in 1897, so that is awesome.
~My boss called from his cell phone this morning to ask if I had a plan to evacuate if necessary.
~The dikes and levees are leaking something fierce from the force of the river.
~The dikes and levees are only built to 43 ft and the river is supposed to crest at 42-43 feet.
~EVERYTHING is closed to keep traffic off the roads.
~Sandbagging is still going on 24/7.
~SHIT SHIT SHIT.

<3, Liz
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1777 on: 27 Mar 2009, 08:22 »

Liz, my tweet about the inflatable duckie was pretty serious. You should have one, so you do not drown.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1778 on: 27 Mar 2009, 08:36 »

Man, just because my life sucks balls, doesn't mean that everyone else's has to as well. That is actually one of my biggest fears, everyone will think that because my life sucks so much ass, that I don't want to hear their stories of how awesome life can be, but really guys, I DO! It gives me hope.
Awesome, because I JUST had this delicious cake.

I didn't really have delicious cake.
My Last.FM

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #1779 on: 27 Mar 2009, 08:44 »

Blogblog:  Some scroat charged Ł750 ($1100) to my credit card today; but my bank detected that it was suspicious (expensive women's shoes from a shop in another part of the country is just so not me! ) and rang me.  So now I have no credit card (or Paypal, in effect) until they send me a new one - I hope it reaches me before I go on holiday at the end of next week!

Now, of course, I'm left wondering where they got the details from...
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 08:47 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1780 on: 27 Mar 2009, 08:53 »

One out of three people's cc numbers have been for sale at some point. It could have been a waiter at a restaurant (they have mini scanner things that they can swipe your card and it saves the information), or anyone who you gave your card to to pay for something and they swiped it where you didn't see. There are even things that scammers put over atms that look exactly (EXACTLY) the same where it records your magnetic strip and your pin. (The people servicing the atm couldn't tell the difference) There are people who could have gotten your information online (phone number, address, full name) and scammed your CC company into giving out information. (One time a customer of mine called in because she hadn't gotten her statement--I looked at our notes and someone had called in on her account number around 45 times in one day--they'd changed her address and got the statement sent to them which gives them more information, like the last couple of balances, old address, [we don't put the whole cc number on statements anymore because of that].)

Edit: Not to mention the asshole websites claiming to be the bank's website (they're not) or the calls made from "us"(they're not) saying "hey we can lower your apr! Give us this information". So like, tons of people are like hell yeah lower interest rates, yes I'll give you the last four numbers of my ssn and my zip code and you already know my name and phone number and oh wait that's all the info a scammer needs to call in and get info from the bank SHIT
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 08:56 by BrittanyMarie »

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1781 on: 27 Mar 2009, 09:14 »

Man, fuck that shit. It is FLOODING.

Hey, on the off chance that my area gets evacuated, can I come crash on your couch? :-D
Liz is touching me.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1782 on: 27 Mar 2009, 09:21 »

Yes. I've checked all the flood maps and my house is safe yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. I am dressed to sandbag but I'm thinking I shouldn't drive to the Dome myself. I sent an email to kfgo since the volunteer line has been so busy to see if Oak Grove needs volunteers still cuz that's within walking distance :S:S:S:S:S

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1783 on: 27 Mar 2009, 09:29 »

Well according to the maps I am safe as well, but I'm pretty close to the river, so that just seems odd. But perhaps crazy things will happen and we will be short-term roommates!

Also I want to go out sandbagging again but my left arm is still out of commission and I probably would not be that much help. Curses.
Liz is touching me.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1784 on: 27 Mar 2009, 09:35 »

Look how close the water is to one of my favorite bars!

It's already up past the permanent dike-that line of dirt used to be a major road. The water is up to the tops of the trees.
This is near the water treatment plant where I was Wednesday night; this was taken before I got there

And this is one of the first days of sandbagging in the FargoDome. It is at basically max capacity since about Wednesday-there are way more sandpiles. All those dudes in orange are inmates! One was my stacking partner.

Also NWA gave up two planes to evacuate people from the hospital and nursing homes.

I didn't take any of these pictures.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1785 on: 27 Mar 2009, 09:45 »

I went on a flood-watching hike yesterday. The makeshift dike (a.k.a. the large pile of dirt going down that street) is holding back water at 1st ave with plenty of height to go, so that is what is keeping me safe. The only thing I really have to worry about is south of Main, at the Dike West park, that's where things are a little shady. But even if the river does crest above the height of the dike, it will come over slowly and fill those lower-lying areas before it can even think about getting to me.

I should put up a bunch of my pictures in a facebook album or something...
Liz is touching me.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1786 on: 27 Mar 2009, 09:59 »

That would almost make getting evacuated worth it. Almost!

Straight Outta FGO

benji

« Reply #1787 on: 27 Mar 2009, 10:21 »

I'm in North West Airline's frequent Fliers thing, so they email me sometimes. Every time they do, I get an image of Eazy-E sitting at a computer and writing to inform me that I can get a great deal on flights to the west coast, or that I have enough points for a free upgrade.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #1788 on: 27 Mar 2009, 10:54 »

Warning:  Longass photo-filled post about my fuckin' cool and super cheap trip to Cairo.  (It seems like the photo thread is for photos of you, so I think this is the appropriate place for these?)  I pretty much only paid to get there.  Food is dirt cheap, as are cigarettes, if that's your thing.  Booze is a little pricey, but definitely affordable.  It was an awesome time.  I got to see some stuff most people don't, because my best friend lives and works there.  It is pretty neat to feel surrounded by history.

Egypt has the cutest fucking puppies.

I got to see real mummies at an actual dig site.  This is a 26th Dynasty cemetery, which is about 300 B.C.  The site contains the houses and dorms where the workers who built the pyramids lived. 

The view from the site.  Lovely.  I had to get special clearance for the tour.  Oh yeah.

My best friend and lovely hostess Gillian, seen here with the skull she keeps on her nightstand.  She is really into bones, which is why she goes to college in Egypt.  That is a real skull.  His name is James.  Gillian is a little crazy.

What most buildings look like in Cairo.  This is actually a good looking building.  Many of them are only partially finished because of a tax loophole.

The ancient cemetery in Coptic Cairo.  Based on the above evidence, I am convinced that there are tomb-busting zombies.

The womens' car on the Metro.  Having separate cars minimizes the rate of molestation.  It's nice, but sad that it has to be this way.

Skull baby!  Saw this at an anthropology lecture.

Dancing on the bar at the U.S. embassy.  We know how to celebrate St. Patty's.  Free drinks paid for by the U.S. military.  Oh yes.  Gill's boyfriend works at the embassy, and he hooks everyone up.  It's fantastic.  They had another party on Thursday, but my camera got confiscated for that one.  Silly Marines.

There is garbage everywhere.  This is in the "nice" part of Cairo.

So it's dirty, and sometimes a little scary, but it can be a good time if you aren't squeamish.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1789 on: 27 Mar 2009, 11:13 »

Sigh.

So, I have a job set up in St. Louis. The warehouse I work at is moving there. So that part of Gargoyle's plan is set up.

And then a friend was all, "sure you can stay with me for a bit!" and I got excited and started figuring everything out and all the pieces are falling into place.

And then I am like "ok. I am serious about moving in. I need a place to stay. Are you serious about this?" and he basically says "no, its not gonna happen."

So plans destroyed.

Back to square... well, square 2. I mean, I have the job. I just need to find a home.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1790 on: 27 Mar 2009, 11:25 »

Whats your rent budget? I am seeing TONS of super-affordable apartments (400-500/mo range) right in downtown st. louis
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1791 on: 27 Mar 2009, 12:51 »

All of a sudden, there was an emergency broadcast system message that said "I-94 from Jamestown East to Fargo is closed due to the voluntary evacuation of Fargo" and everyone on the air started flipping shit because Fargo never issued an evacuation notice at all. Immediately after a dude from the National Weather Service called in and explained what it meant, which was that a lot of people are leaving FGO so they closed the interstate coming to the city because of that.

It was terrifying for the 10 seconds I thought there was an evacuation notice.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1792 on: 27 Mar 2009, 13:36 »

Patrick, I know you hate it, but man, I think what you are doing is really cool.

Thanks! I will probably appreciate the experience a lot more when it is all over, because right now the stress/worry is killing my appreciation for anything good in general.

For you ND people: man I have been kindof worried about you but I am glad you are all doing okay. Please keep us updated so I am not shitting myself with worry (I am already sick to the point of nearly shitting myself so please help me keep my pants soil-free okay? <3).

Dear blag,

Apparently they have only been showing the show for a week and they are already showing footage from like 4 days ago. We've been filming for 4 weeks! I am kindof scared because that means that at the current pace we will probably start going live in maybe a couple days at most. And by "kindof scared" I mean "OH FUCK SHIT I AM NOT READY FOR THIS AT ALL EVER".

The language barrier thing is difficult but oh my god I didn't realize it was going to be so bad for my blood pressure too. I am so stressed about this now eg=sergnsioejrg34yhbgbbb

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1793 on: 27 Mar 2009, 14:06 »

Whats your rent budget? I am seeing TONS of super-affordable apartments (400-500/mo range) right in downtown st. louis

I don't want to pay much more than $450, really. And I need to stay in the Tower Grove/Hill/south city area, which isn't really downtown, but man, I am finding things too, so all is not lost!

The third Sunday of April, my gargoyle and I are going to go look at places. I am nervous/excited.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1794 on: 27 Mar 2009, 14:37 »

*hugs* good luck with the house-hunting
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1795 on: 27 Mar 2009, 15:05 »

Thanks. Hopefully, I can find something soon.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1796 on: 27 Mar 2009, 23:42 »

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

My friend's dad wants to sell the records!!!

Ok, I'm not really angry at all. Maybe a smidge. Tad bit. [] <--- that much.

He got wind of the fact that we pulled in close to 20 grand (Approx. USD$240) today by selling junk around the house over Tech Jamaica forums, and since he A) doesn't listen to the records anymore, B) doesn't have needles for his SL-1200s, and C) Has a metric @#$%-ton of them, we're going to buy a vinyl archiver, and rip all of them to juicy 320 VBR MP3 and/or FLAC (FLAC for me, mp3 for him, he's not a technocrat), and then try to have a temporary webpage where we can sell them, after I buy the ones I want (the Jazz, the classical, the Reggae, and the Dancehall).

So, basically, you heard it first, I'm going to create maybe a freewebs webpage, order them by Genre and artist alphabetically, sell them over the internet, and hope that they don't get damaged in transit from Jamaica.

In total, there are literally hundreds of records, possibly over a thousand, and only a couple of them he has two of, so we hope to make some money off of them.

I actually didn't want to advertise, I just wanted to blog, but if anyone is still interested in some very old, VERY good condition wax, I might have something for you.
My Last.FM

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #1797 on: 28 Mar 2009, 03:11 »

I am in Tokyo now. Definitely not my kind of city, which I sort of suspected/knew, but anyways. There's a ton of stuff to see, at least, but I kinda really hate the feeling of not understanding anything around me, aside from the most basic of signs. It's really disconcerting. At least with "most" other languages, there's the Latin alphabet to recognize. Now there's not even that. Not having slept properly in 44 hours doesn't really make things better either.

I'm a bit tired of hanging out with the people I always end up hanging out with at school-related stuff. We have very little in common. How do I get to know people in my class who are more like me, without just imposing on their hanging out and being even more awkard than I am now?
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2009, 03:14 by Ladybug »

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1798 on: 28 Mar 2009, 06:47 »

records

You can use discogs to list records, it's a pretty useful service. As for ripping the records, I'm not sure what you mean by a vinyl archiver but I'm guessing it's just a cheap USB turntable. Don't do that! Instead, get a needle for the SL-1200, get a phono pre-amp and rip them using that, it'll sound far better.

Also, on the news this morning there was a long bit about the flooding in Fargo. I find it pretty amazing that I was reading just yesterday about that from actual inhabitants, not some BBC news presenter. I hope you're doing alright, it looked horrible on the news.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2009, 06:49 by BlahBlah »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #1799 on: 28 Mar 2009, 07:04 »

hey Liz, bring citruses, their buoyancy will save you in a flood

Look at all the limes in this motherfucker!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 90   Go Up