THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 04 May 2024, 18:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 769732 times)

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #1950 on: 02 Apr 2009, 17:28 »

hey internet guess what i got into music school

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Music Majors: Working Harder for Less Money since circa 1500.

Congratulations though! It's really a lot of fun. What are you going for specifically (ed/performance/therapy/sound recording/other?)
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2009, 18:44 by IronOxide »
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1951 on: 02 Apr 2009, 17:35 »

he's going to punx school

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #1952 on: 02 Apr 2009, 18:14 »

\o thanks guys!

yeah adam, michael is right i am going to punx school (i would like to do composition!)

so uh yeah punx school!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1953 on: 02 Apr 2009, 18:17 »

Geez man you don't learn punx at school

SELLOUTZ
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #1954 on: 02 Apr 2009, 19:52 »

Bein a music comp major is like the raddest of things

o/
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #1955 on: 02 Apr 2009, 20:14 »

Dear blog thread:

Yesterday I lost my job.  Well not lost, more like was laid off.  Seriously, they told me they had to let me go due to budgetary constraints.  Later on I thought about the day and then thought, "This would be the worst fucking April Fools joke ever."

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1956 on: 02 Apr 2009, 22:43 »

Todays conversations:

Uninformed coworker to me:
"You don't know what it even means to be stressed!" hahahahahahahahahaha she also doesn't know that I get calls from therapists/counsellors everyday.

Mother to me:
"We may be depressed poor homeless and fat but at least we aren't stupid."
After reading yahoo answers all day.

Friend to me:
"You weren't kidding about your calf muscles! They are huge!"
:(
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1957 on: 02 Apr 2009, 23:13 »

Man there is nothing wrong with having strong calf muscles. Just putting that out there.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #1958 on: 03 Apr 2009, 00:03 »

Gonna start an RRSP as soon as I can.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1959 on: 03 Apr 2009, 02:12 »

I went to sleep at 730am. I woke up a couple times through the afternoon. Then I woke up at 120am and got out of bed. Goddamn comfortable beds.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #1960 on: 03 Apr 2009, 03:17 »

I am a member of my school's Cadet Unit. I attained the rank of CUO (Cadet Under Officer) and appointment of Med./Sig.s CUO last year. One of my responsibilities is to administer first aid to all present at field activities and as such I need to be focused in the case of an emergency, keep the RAP (Regimental Aid Post) prepped and ready for an emergency and follow first aid protocol to the letter as a precautionary measure. Yes this is a huge responsibility and I knew this when I applied, I am a trained and skilled medic and I believed I was ready for this.

The truth is and oh fuck there is no easy way to ever say something like this but I was obviously wrong. A kid could've died on Wednesday due to my own negligence.

You can tell me that it wasn't my fault and as a teenager I shouldn't have been expected to make sure the kid, A.J., was treated entirely appropriately or some such similar crap. The fact of the matter is that when A.J. came in and said he was bitten by a spider, I should've simply applied a bandage to the limb that would apply both pressure and immobilize it regardless. I shouldn't have lackadaisically palmed him off to a Cpl. who should've been instead dispatched to retrieve an officer for me while I kept A.J. calm and a little safer.

I had told this Cpl. to only apply Stingoes to the site if it wasn't a spider bite. He must have misheard me (I'm a chronic mumbler) and put it on the bite site because I'd told him. Yes, I do know that in the event of poisoning through a bite the wound should rarely ever the cleaned or have anything other that an immobilization bandage applied to it. If A.J. had been bitten by something deadly to humans then his condition would've worsened rapidly and I would've seriously endangered his life. I'm lucky that A.J. is alive.

I'm so so fucking sorry for endangering the life of a person who is a friend, the brother of a friend of mine, a brother, a son, a nephew, a grandson.

Mrs. J., the reason why I didn't stay and talk to you is because I feel guilty about endangering your son's life because I didn't fulfill my responsibilities and even if you were to forgive me, I'd never be able to forgive myself and nor should you in the end. It was no one else's fault but my own that I wasn't doing what I was supposed to do but I can tell you that this will not be merely another item on the great list of failures that is my life.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #1961 on: 03 Apr 2009, 03:34 »

Oh man so I have had the dumbest most difficult week that has resulted in my dragging myself home actually panting with exhaustion every single day.
I work in a small, very busy coffee shop with two other full time staff. Phil and I alternate between making the coffee and waiting tables, and Jon cooks the food. It's a really tight neat little operation, we all get along fantastic and days at work are usually extremely fun.
Last Friday Jon didn't show up for work at 7am like he normally does, and I was left outside for half an hour until Phil could come open up. It's always really tricky when Jon doesn't come, because the only person we have to do fill-in shifts is a Brazilian girl named Clarissa who does a couple of afternoon shifts every week, and helps us clean up at close. She has two other jobs and also studies English part-time so it's really difficult to get a hold of her outside her normal shifts.
So anyway, Phil and I soldier on as best we can and it's absolutely exhausting. I don't much like doing the cooking at work because it has to be so fast and perfect and it's hot and greasy and pretty gross and we don't have much in the way of a docket system, just sort of yell out at each other when someone orders. As much as I don't like the cooking, though, I am pretty good at it since I've been working full time food and bev since 2003.
The week continues on, so long and awful and Jon is so terrible at communicating. Yes, he is sick, but he has been sick with alarming regularity these past few months, and always has several days off at a time. We try to call him and only ever get text messages back saying 'Yeah I'll be at work tomorrow.' The first couple of days he text messages Phil at 6am to say he isn't coming, which is useless because a text message at 6am is no way going to wake Phil up. These past few days he hasn't even bothered to contact us at all aside from one text message yesterday afternoon saying he would show up, he's so sorry, see you tomorrow guys.
Come 7am this morning, no-show.
Phil takes charge. We devise a battle strategy. As much as we and the customers love Jon, he is going to lose his job for screwing us over so much. Phil and I will work extended hours and Clarissa is going to move to full-time and we'll train her as the cook. I get shop keys and a pay rise and responsibility for all the stock and also most of  Clari's training.
We realise as the breakfast rush hits that maybe letting Clari cook is a bad, bad thing. She doesn't know much English and it's hard to understand her thick (gorgeous) accent. She doesn't know ANY food safety, is completely haphazard with the orders, has no system for getting the sandwiches ready and misunderstands even the simplest things. She'll turn around and do dishes instead of getting a second order ready, and doesn't clean up after herself on the bench where the customers can see. She doesn't tell us when we get coffee orders, lets food burn or undercooks it, lets hot food go cold and cold food go hot, leaves things out on the counters. She is terrible at cutting our lovely loaves of sourdough and rye bread and wastes more of it than she actually uses. She gets angry when we try to help her and stubbornly does things her own way again after we correct her. Her plated food looks awful and every sandwich and salad is a different crazy size. She'll pre-prepare bunches of food and then not use it.
This morning we realized that the orders of takeaway vegemite sourdough she was sending out all morning were actually just vegemite spread thickly, nutella-like, onto toast, with no butter. Phil just about vomited when he found out, and we had an actual Vegemite Application Tutorial and made her eat it.

We soldier on.
I hope this works out and none of us end up killing each other.
In any case it is going to be fun if Jon ever turns up for work again.

Anyway: This weekend marks my great-grandmother's 100th birthday party (exciting) and also my boyfriend's going-away party. There will be about seven hours of driving between them!
 I am terribly horribly sad but also excited because, yay, parties. I bought a dress to wear and everything.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1962 on: 03 Apr 2009, 04:50 »

I been eating hella lentils and now I have health-person fart

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1963 on: 03 Apr 2009, 06:29 »

All I can think about after reading that is how good Vegemite is.

And also how the Coffee shop in town (which basically sounds exactly like yours) won't hire me for anything but kitchen, even though they're hiring both kitchen and front. Yay for sexism.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1964 on: 03 Apr 2009, 06:33 »

I think it is perfectly acceptable to have a criteria of what you want where in a workplace. You wouldn't hire someone who was ridiculously fugly to work front of house. Maybe it's not sexism, maybe they just think you are ugly.

(This is mostly sarcasm)

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1965 on: 03 Apr 2009, 06:50 »

Yeah, I could sort of understand some standards, but he actually said "we don't hire men to interact with the customers". At a normal everyday (very liberal) coffee shop.

It was just disheartening to see such silliness. I at least expect to be lied to.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1966 on: 03 Apr 2009, 08:01 »

Guys I had the most wonderful dream last night. I dreamt I was riding a newly converted single-speed Raleigh Grand Prix (maybe one of the handsomest bikes ever made) down a traffic-free country road on a sunny day. Mine was different from the one in the picture though. Add a left-side hand break, 86 that bell (to be replaced of course, don't wanna break the law), and dip that motherfucker in gold.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1967 on: 03 Apr 2009, 08:29 »

i've had some weird dreams lately.  In the past 2 weeks, I've had 5 dreams that I'm pregnant.  With each dream, I'm further and further along.  It's been bothering me, so I looked up a dream interpreterer online and all I can find is that there is some positive growth in my personal life. What the hell does that mean?? 

In other news, I booked a cruise for September!  Woo!
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1968 on: 03 Apr 2009, 09:24 »

And also how the Coffee shop in town (which basically sounds exactly like yours) won't hire me for anything but kitchen, even though they're hiring both kitchen and front. Yay for sexism.

i hear you. i love cooking and in all of my service industry jobs i have only ever been hired to work in the front and let customers yell at me despite having applied for a kitchen position. fucking sexism.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #1969 on: 03 Apr 2009, 10:21 »

My favorite professor/advisor ever just sent out an e-mail to tell us that she is resigning mid-semester.

I am literally crying right now.

Fuck.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1970 on: 03 Apr 2009, 11:28 »

Dream log,

Weird dreams last nite. I don't remember specific contexts, but I remember details. A lot of details, actually.

I was on some sort of quest with someone I just met last night, a girl named Willow. We were 2 inches tall and moving about the floor of my room with various other people. I first sensed that we were in danger when I noticed that assorted passers-by were holding red rubber balls. The further we traveled, the more I noticed that there were pine cones growing out of these balls. First one, then three, then eight. I intuited that there was a plot afoot.

We then saw the cast of Fat Albert lurching towards us. Willow had a revolver, so as they came ever closer she took potshots at them, while I frantically attempted to direct her fire. While Willow reloaded, Kenan Thompson's arm was blown off. I became convinced that there was a sniper drawing a bead on us, and so we hid in wicker baskets at a beachside resort that was on the floor of my room for some reason.

Following an abrupt change of setting, I found myself and Mai attempting to board an airplane in a crowded outdoor airport on the floor of my room, only now the floor was green. The plane took off without us, and when I turned around it was suddenly nighttime. Mai suggested we go back to the resort, to which I replied "I think that giant razor-clawed crab is coming to get us" as a giant razor-clawed crab lumbered towards us from some miles away. Mai seemed skeptical but I grabbed her hand and we were off to try and avoid it. We escaped into a tunnel thinking the crab would not fit in it. However we saw a toy racecar rushing towards us. We turned to run to find another racecar coming the opposite way. We hunkered down and prepared for impact, but it turned out the cars were very lightweight, and they bounced off of us. We turned them over and flipped off their power switches.

The crab entered the tunnel from the other side. We ran back out and attempted to cross the wide expanse of my room to get to a mousehole on the other side (not a real mousehole but the kind you'd see in Tom & Jerry cartoons)  however the crab was in hot pursuit, and it started directing its freeze beam at us. We managed to avoid it until we just made it to the hole. Mai managed to escape but I was hit by the freeze beam and was rendered immobile. The crab proceeded to pick me up and throw me across the room. Then I woke up.

tl;dr Fat Albert is surprisingly menacing.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #1971 on: 03 Apr 2009, 12:07 »

I had a weird dream last night that I went in to my tattoo place to get a tattoo of a bear fighting a shark, which was awesome and super weird because I actually want that tattoo eventually.

Also I was sick in both the staff and customer toilets while at work today. I was fine, then 5 comes around and my shift starts, i'm suddenly sweaty. 20 minutes later i've got my head down the toilet. 10 minutes after that I've got my head down a different toilet. Probably the best thing out of that is that they sent me home and now I don't have to work tonight, and I'm feeling sooooo much better. Score?
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1972 on: 03 Apr 2009, 13:45 »

I am totally crushing.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1973 on: 03 Apr 2009, 13:53 »

Dear blag,

My friends want to make me go see UB40 tomorrow. You know, UB40? They're the band that did that shitty godawful pop-reggae version of "Red, Red Wine". Yeah, them. They are playing here tomorrow night, and my friends want to make me go. And afterward, they want to make me stay out and go to the biker bar. And man, I only ever like going to that bar at like... high noon. You know, when it's practically deserted. Because crowds make me freak out.

It also doesn't help that I am kindof #5 on the voting scores for the whole show, and people stare at me even more than they did before. I used to be just a foreigner, now I am a semi-famous foreigner. I am basically never comfortable in my own skin unless I am at home, preferably completely alone.

Also drama on the show sucked because people have started to get massive egos where it is not really warranted (Eli you are talented but you are not invincible, also you fucking lost, get over it/yourself). I guess that is what I get for not sticking to my "fuck your interviews and the drama they create" ethic.

Love,
Me!

EDIT: OH YEAH I forgot something! Albania is a member of NATO now! Oh my fuck you have no idea how relieved I am to be basically covered by this kind of insurance. Russia and Serbia have governments that scare the FUCK out of me like you wouldn't even begin to understand, and the Kosovars have basically got a good refugee point here in Albania if Serbia decides to fuck with them.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2009, 16:21 by Patrick »
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #1974 on: 03 Apr 2009, 15:48 »

I have my ACT tomorrow, so I am sort of anxious. It's not really that big of a deal because I can just retake it if I'm not satisfied with my score (I'm retesting if I score less than a cumulative of 30), but at the same time I have this almost self-conscious feeling, like maybe I'll find out that I suck at life.
After testing I'll get to tabletop with three cool people, so I am happy. This game is my first tabletop, and it will only be my third time playing. It uses the Star Wars RPG format but a storyline similar to ShadowRun (from what I understand, I am really just quoting the DM) and it is a lot of fun! My character is a Sephiroth-inspired Jedi Guardian.
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #1975 on: 03 Apr 2009, 17:04 »

ugh ugh ugh friday night and i am sitting around with a fever being all sickly and i will probably be sick all weekend ruining everything ever.

bhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #1976 on: 03 Apr 2009, 17:23 »

Dear Semi-Anonymous Whining thread.
Last night I realised that I am not quite where I want to be with my life and it is nobody's fault but my own for getting far too complacent that things will work themselves out like they used to and now realising that I'll actually have to work pretty hard at things to be happy with the way things are. You know how sometimes a good kick in the arse is what you really need to get you going but when you get it you realise you're being assaulted? That is pretty much my life at the moment. And right now I'm alone at home and all I want to do is have a little cry or something but it just won't come, so there's no catharsis. Oh yeah, there is a girl involved.

Thank you for your time.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1977 on: 03 Apr 2009, 18:13 »

Shut up Tommy you're just saying these things because you're a man.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #1978 on: 03 Apr 2009, 21:45 »

Dear Dog Dreads,

Why won't my mother let me use MY 42 grand to buy MY PC...?
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #1979 on: 03 Apr 2009, 22:06 »

i hear you. i love cooking and in all of my service industry jobs i have only ever been hired to work in the front and let customers yell at me despite having applied for a kitchen position. fucking sexism.

This is odd because from what you are suggesting, the dated female archetype of being in the kitchen is inverted in a professional environment.

I'd say that it was maybe just because you have no training working in a kitchen environment and thus, you would probably be more of a hindrance.  I'd imagine you were applying for part time or temporary work and thus, from this they would have deduced that you had little or no interest in receiving training to become a full-time cook or chef, since you can't learn such a hard job on a part-time basis. Kitchens tend to utilize full-time employees back of house (even KP positions for the most part) and part-time employees on the floor since that is a job which requires little in the way of training.

Kitchens I've worked in have probably been about 10:1 male to female. Most of those females are Brazillians who are part time working and part time learning english. I guess it depends on the kitchen but there are plenty of part time kitchenhands during the summer.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1980 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:26 »

Maybe it's just Fargo but I haven't seen that many workers who were actually Brazilian. That would make the bars I go to at least 74% more sexy, but today at least I gave the cutest bartender a jacket. I don't know whose it was but it looked gooooooooooood on him. Fuckyeah it was worth stealing a jacket (it was close and it was no ones I guess)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #1981 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:38 »

I think it's an Australia thing.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1982 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:39 »

I guess that's another plus for the Aussies that they can seduce Brazilians. They are the sexiest nationality.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #1983 on: 04 Apr 2009, 02:03 »

Blah, labouring away at the bedroom for 6 days straight now. And only today well start on the ceiling and the wallpapering... Ohwell, itll be so worth it in the end :)

*goes forth and labours*
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #1984 on: 04 Apr 2009, 05:03 »

I am standing at work next to Jeni, who I have learned within the past 10 minutes that she voted for McCain and has a myriad of reasons why Barack Obama shouldn't have been elected, one of which being that he was born in Kenya. Another is that his wife looks like an ape. Also she asks how someone could vote for a president with the name Hussein and Obama. Because it is is "like Obama Bin Laden."

I have lost pretty much all respect for this person based on what I have learned tonight.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #1985 on: 04 Apr 2009, 05:36 »

Work is still retarded but I'm making headway except someone put a full fucking keg in a wheelie bin. When I got into work at 8 am what I see is a keg slowing spewing out beer like a volcano, sitting out the front of the beer garden. Luckily whoever it was was also stupid enough to put in two empties and a half full one so that by the time they'd been put under a bit of pressure, the garbo noticed what the fuck was up and stopped it, but that could have been a hecka serious situation.

I really hope someone gets fired for this (or alternatively if their firing would inconvenience me I really hope someone gets beaten with a cudgel for this) because it is not cool to be that dumb seriously that is just so dumb.

I am not worried though because I had a nice relaxing Saturday after the first initial hours of figuring out everyone else's cluster-fucks, chatted to the nice old Irish darts who come in every weekend, smoked some cigarettes on company time, and now I am smoking weed and putting together my ikea furniture THANK GOD so I can finally put my books and CDs on something. I am trying to figure out an ordering system. For books its virtually pointless but for CDs I am thinking of basically assigning the middle two shelves for new CDs I have bought that are still in heavy rotation, the remaining four shelves on either side will be graded according to consistancy of play so that the albums I listen to the least it on the very bottom or top, with the top consisting of rock and metal music and the bottom consisting of albums that have drum machines or are excessively dancy. I guess pop albums probably belong on the bottom but I'll figure that out as I go, space pending I might need another system anyway
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1986 on: 04 Apr 2009, 06:53 »

This is odd because from what you are suggesting, the dated female archetype of being in the kitchen is inverted in a professional environment.

I'd say that it was maybe just because you have no training working in a kitchen environment and thus, you would probably be more of a hindrance.  I'd imagine you were applying for part time or temporary work and thus, from this they would have deduced that you had little or no interest in receiving training to become a full-time cook or chef, since you can't learn such a hard job on a part-time basis. Kitchens tend to utilize full-time employees back of house (even KP positions for the most part) and part-time employees on the floor since that is a job which requires little in the way of training.

no see one of the jobs i applied, they were hiring both part-time kitchen and front and i had a joint interview with another dude who had no kitchen experience whatsoever and i was all I FUCKING LOVE COOKING YOU GUYS but they still made me work the cash register and get yelled at while that guy got the kitchen position. everyone who worked in front was 100% female and everyone who worked in the kitchen was 100% male. for the next few months i kept asking to be transferred to the kitchen and they were pretty much all "aww, why would you want to do that, you're so good at working with people" which is a LIE and then some other guy who was hired for front and didn't like it and had no experience working in the kitchen asked to be moved and was pretty much right away. that and i have heard very similar stories from many other people working in the service industry. it is pretty dang sexist, unfortunately.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1987 on: 04 Apr 2009, 07:34 »

Yeah, that's been my experience, reversed. Guys go in the kitchen, girls get to interact with customers. It's obnoxious as hell.

McTaggart

• Positive feedback.
« Reply #1988 on: 04 Apr 2009, 09:44 »

Dear Blog thread, every song I almost hear in passing (just enough that I notice but not enough to actually recognise) sounds like Q-Tip.

doo do-dodo do.-do d-doo doo

ed- wait no it's more do d-do, do d-do do doo doooo
don't know what that first bit was all about before.

ed2- man I'm still not happy with that fuck it I'm listening to dance music instead
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 09:50 by McTaggart »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #1989 on: 04 Apr 2009, 11:27 »

took sedatives for my headache
so i am all kinds of boned in my head right now

aaaaand i have to play two shows today. yessssss

Oh my god I hope you record this. I want to hear it.

Dear Trons,

Eli on the show is still not over herself and Desi is all emo and Stefan is all non-show-uppy and Fiorela is still annoyingly flirty and Eriola is still a horrible person/singer and Xhusi is just not trying anymore.

Love,
Me!
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 11:29 by Patrick »
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1990 on: 04 Apr 2009, 12:54 »

Today sucks. I dreamed I was pregnant. I think I am going to bake myself cookies.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #1991 on: 04 Apr 2009, 13:11 »

I would suggest these.

They look like this and are delicious
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1992 on: 04 Apr 2009, 13:44 »

They look good, but I can't read the recipe on my phone.

I want to bake these jewish cookies that I have a recipe for maybe. They have coffee in them. But I can't find my god damn jewish cookbook.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #1993 on: 04 Apr 2009, 19:31 »

I just discovered how amazing it is to put Ranch dressing on tacos.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1994 on: 04 Apr 2009, 19:59 »

I am a cookie genius.

So, I am all hopped up on caffeine. Because I made coffee chocolate chip cookies. And fuck they are tasty.

But now there is nothing to do, so I think I am going to drink this bottle of cherry vodka, and take some sleeping pills, and then maybe do something.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #1995 on: 04 Apr 2009, 20:12 »

So I kind of lost my virginity to a woman 10 years my senior yesterday. I also had the mother of all hangovers today. Those two things might or might not be connected. Then I went to work. Said woman showed up, told me she didn't want to hurt me and then proceeded to make out with some other guy. Now it is 5 AM and I feel better, hangover's gone and I'm mildly drunk.

Things I learned:

- Some girls really dig that whole androgynity thing.
- Some are very much turned on by the fact that I have kissed boys before.
- I don't really care much about things.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #1996 on: 04 Apr 2009, 20:33 »

- Some are very much turned on by the fact that I have kissed boys before.

I know! I do not know why ladies dig this, but I mean, if they are honestly attracted to some trait then whatever makes the world a happier place.

SirJuggles

• The Tickler
  • Squalor Victoria
« Reply #1997 on: 04 Apr 2009, 20:36 »

Well... regardless of the circumstances/outcome, happy or otherwise...

Allow me to be one of the first to firmly shake you by the hand.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
I still prefer to think of rugby in a more friendly way: Everyone tries to hug the guy with the ball. The team with the most hugs at the end of the game wins. Extra points for group hugs.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #1998 on: 04 Apr 2009, 21:03 »

I know! I do not know why ladies dig this, but I mean, if they are honestly attracted to some trait then whatever makes the world a happier place.

Why are a lot of men turned on by ladies kissing other ladies?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #1999 on: 04 Apr 2009, 21:09 »

I don't care if they men I date/fuck around with have kissed other men.

And I don't care it the women I date/fuck around with have kissed other women before.

Or men.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 90   Go Up