THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 May 2024, 04:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 776907 times)

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #2600 on: 21 Apr 2009, 15:24 »

Wow your avatar fits so amazingly well with that post.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2601 on: 21 Apr 2009, 15:28 »

Patrick, if nothing serious happened do you really need to freak? Just make sure not to do it again.(It is possible)

Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2602 on: 21 Apr 2009, 15:38 »

Guys with the shit that I fell into these last few days I've been reading incessantly about this "hipster grifter", who kind of sort of sounds a lot like my former best friend. Sort of.

PS link has some highly NSFA stuff in it.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2009, 15:44 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2603 on: 21 Apr 2009, 16:08 »

Guys, I found out something today.

According to some documents that I apparently didn't return, that I should have, when I crossed the border into the US from Canada, I'm legally still in the US.

This is somewhat cool. Kinda.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2604 on: 21 Apr 2009, 18:51 »

Patrick you probably shouldn't tell her. I'm all for honesty in relationships but the fact that you guilty as hell about it should be enough to stop you from doing it again. If you think you can't then you should probably just break up with the lady as clearly long-distance relationships are not particularly easy on either party.

I had my graduation ceremony yesterday. As well as having a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) from the University of Western Sydney I now have a Graduate Diploma of Psychological Studies. All up I have spent about $55,000 on the two of these qualifications and now I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence.
While at the graduation ceremony I was listening to the people around me tell their friends about how they've gone on to do their Masters or they've started a medicine degree so they can do Psychiartry, or they've just gotten awesome internships or rad degree relevant jobs that seem to be totally fulfilling and give them a sense of purpose. The whole time I couldn't help thinking that shit, these people are all significantly smarter than me. I now have two qualifications that in the end don't mean shit because I can't get a job in anything that isn't data analysis and it turns out that I am really fucking shit at data analysis as I have been fired from all the DA jobs I've had within 3 months of being hired. I have a psych degree and a graduate diploma and I'm working a fucking call centre job doing bullshit customer service (let's gloss over the fact that I am actually really good at this). I didn't get accepted into any of the courses I applied to this year and right now I feel pretty shitty about life and, most importantly, myself. Everyone keeps going on about how proud they are of me and how proud I should be to have gotten this far and how I'm going to do so well and fuck they are going to be so disappointed when they realise that I've just wasted the last four years of my life studying for something that I will probably never be able to do on account of the fact that I am just not good enough at it.

Fuck you, depression.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2605 on: 21 Apr 2009, 18:53 »

Hugs for Jimmy.

Blog thread,

Tonight at the bar with my friends, I discovered the meaning to Enjoy the Silence. "All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm," really means, "Shut up and give me a hug, you god damned bitch." I said I would write this song and a friend decided that it would first be done as a country song, then covered by a metal band, then sung by a pop princess, then to be covered by an indie band, and then put on a bluegrass tribute album.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2606 on: 21 Apr 2009, 19:14 »

Does it count as being genuinely unhappy if you don't notice it?
I don't think it does! I mean this time last year I was totally miserable. All I could do to combat it was to make myself busy, and so I did, and I stopped thinking about the things that made me unhappy, and so I stopped being unhappy. You can lead yourself in the direction of the state of mind you want to be in.

<-------NEW AGE

Hey cool. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, then.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2607 on: 21 Apr 2009, 19:43 »

Patrick you probably shouldn't tell her. I'm all for honesty in relationships but the fact that you guilty as hell about it should be enough to stop you from doing it again. If you think you can't then you should probably just break up with the lady as clearly long-distance relationships are not particularly easy on either party.

I had my graduation ceremony yesterday. As well as having a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) from the University of Western Sydney I now have a Graduate Diploma of Psychological Studies. All up I have spent about $55,000 on the two of these qualifications and now I'm having a bit of a crisis of confidence.
While at the graduation ceremony I was listening to the people around me tell their friends about how they've gone on to do their Masters or they've started a medicine degree so they can do Psychiartry, or they've just gotten awesome internships or rad degree relevant jobs that seem to be totally fulfilling and give them a sense of purpose. The whole time I couldn't help thinking that shit, these people are all significantly smarter than me. I now have two qualifications that in the end don't mean shit because I can't get a job in anything that isn't data analysis and it turns out that I am really fucking shit at data analysis as I have been fired from all the DA jobs I've had within 3 months of being hired. I have a psych degree and a graduate diploma and I'm working a fucking call centre job doing bullshit customer service (let's gloss over the fact that I am actually really good at this). I didn't get accepted into any of the courses I applied to this year and right now I feel pretty shitty about life and, most importantly, myself. Everyone keeps going on about how proud they are of me and how proud I should be to have gotten this far and how I'm going to do so well and fuck they are going to be so disappointed when they realise that I've just wasted the last four years of my life studying for something that I will probably never be able to do on account of the fact that I am just not good enough at it.

Fuck you, depression.
This feeling, I know. I sympathize.

Eventually I realized that nothing that I could do in High school wasn't going to be good for me, seeing that everything I'm interested in was ignored in High school or the schools I went to. Neither of the high schools I went to did Food & Nutrition/Home Ec., so that wasn't helping me become a chef, and I'm also interested in computers, and guess what, IT at the GSCE level is a waste of flipping time, because the most complicated thing we do is MS Access. Hooray. :roll: Also, to do Com Sci at the University of Technology (UTech) I wouldn't even NEED to have done Com Sci in 6th form, all I would have needed was a 1 in Math, which I have. But either way, I wasn't interested in going back to school.
So, I got 1s, 2s and 3s and everyone's proud of me, yay. They've also done a very good job at trying to make me forget that everyone else in my family got 8 or 9 ones in CSEC (Carib. 2ndary exam [something]). I then managed to find a job cooking for a Caterer's, which sucked, because I'm 16 and was working 12 hours a day, for minimum wage. I quit that because I couldn't stand my boss' BS and the work, and now I have no fluffing clue what I'm going to be doing come Sept.

Also, I'm almost positive that they're ready to ship me off to Canada.

All in all, you're not alone being depressed and all, and good luck finding your way. :-)
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2608 on: 21 Apr 2009, 19:58 »

One of my fish just bit the head off another fish. Fish are fucking gross.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #2609 on: 21 Apr 2009, 20:07 »

Blog thread;

I just realized, as I am but a human larvae, only just losing the shackles and blinders of youth, that if I had had my shit together I could have found a job and a place to stay here in the town where my college is instead of having to go back and live with my parents in an isolated neighborhood with a shitty job that embitters me. I am not looking forward to going home for the summer. It never occurred to me I didn't have to, and now I am dreading it even worse. Awwwwwesooooome.

Gilead

« Reply #2610 on: 21 Apr 2009, 20:11 »

Dear Blog Thread,

I have a day off! My only plans are to read a little for class and bake some cookies for a friend of mine (repaying a two year old debt). Perhaps I will go outside since it is nice, perhaps I will sit on my couch with the window open since it is nice. Who knows?! The day is mine!

Also I have found my new favorite website.

This just reads like a bad ripoff of Vice do's and don't's, looks like hipsters are still the only people that can actually make fun of hipsters well.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2611 on: 21 Apr 2009, 20:13 »

Gawker likes to lump Vice and lookatthisfuckinghipster and Hipster Runoff together. I think they're all said to "mock pictures of girls whilst jacking off" or something. Sounds about right to me!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2612 on: 21 Apr 2009, 21:00 »

Most of those pictures are of dudes who look like ladies though.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #2613 on: 21 Apr 2009, 21:16 »

Man, fish are fucking evil.  My dad told me years ago about the time he decided to get an oscar.  In the morning, he had only one fish. 

At my old house, we had a fish that was basically immortal.  We've tried to figure out what species he is, and after much internet research, we still can't.  He is still alive after years and years.  We tried to give him a friend, but he ate his new friend, but not completely, so we had a fish flailing around in the tank even though it was missing half of its face and most of it's tail.  I'm convinced that they were zombie fish.

Hi blog.  Patrick, I will weigh in.  Was there kissing?  If not, you have no reason to confess your sins.  Groping and flirting, if you're hundreds of miles from your S.O., is pretty harmless and normal, and telling her will probably do more harm than good.  If your guilt is crushing you, then telling her helps you feel better, and causes her pain.  You're helping yourself and hurting her.  The key is to realize that you have nothing to confess.  You danced dirty.  People do that all the time without any real attraction.

Sexual contact is different, because of the prevalence of STDs.  If people think they are monogamous, then they think they are safe, so you can't screw around on someone without putting them at risk, which is kinda shitty. 

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2614 on: 21 Apr 2009, 22:03 »

Dear Blog thread,

Today, after work, I was feeling rather down, so I called a friend. They seemed preoccupied, so it didn't help my crappy mood. Then they pointed out I will be 21 soon, which really didn't help.

In 58 days, I will be 21. I will have never gone to college. I will be working for minimum wage at a second rate video game/record store's warehouse. I will be living with my grandmother, who I don't get along with.

I'll be 21 and I will have wasted so much of my life already. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. My life isn't going to change. I will still be worthless. What have I done with my life? I'm not in college. I can't afford to go, and I have no portfolio, and I couldn't get into one I want anyway. I don't really have any friends, and can't make them. What do I have to show for being alive for 21 years? I am fucking pathetic.

And now I can't breathe and am going to choke to death on my snob and tears and my fucking jaw and throat hurt.

Please remind me why people even pretend to care about me?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2615 on: 21 Apr 2009, 22:48 »

This just reads like a bad ripoff of Vice do's and don't's, looks like hipsters are still the only people that can actually make fun of hipsters well.

I strongly disagree with this. I hate Vice's do's and don'ts, largely because well, it often reads like one of those Pitchfork reviews where I give up 4 sentences in because it's obvious the writer is just furtively fapping onto the page again and making no effort to make any sense whatsoever. Look at this fucking hipster isn't creative, but at least it's direct and lets the pictures stand on their own for the most part. That's a good thing when you consider that neither page is exactly showcasing the best content in the world.

I will admit that I am horribly biased when it comes to my hatred of Vice, however, and that I have probably recieved a tainted sample size to judge it by. All of my experiences with Vice has come from people messaging me with things like "Look at how awful this writing is" and providing a link.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2009, 22:58 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2616 on: 21 Apr 2009, 23:57 »

If anything it's just a repurposing of the "hot chicks with douchebags" aesthetic.

And that's just wrong.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2617 on: 22 Apr 2009, 00:04 »

I can totally agree with that. I just take issue with the idea that Vice does things well.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2618 on: 22 Apr 2009, 00:35 »

Dear Blog thread,

Today, after work, I was feeling rather down, so I called a friend. They seemed preoccupied, so it didn't help my crappy mood. Then they pointed out I will be 21 soon, which really didn't help.

In 58 days, I will be 21. I will have never gone to college. I will be working for minimum wage at a second rate video game/record store's warehouse. I will be living with my grandmother, who I don't get along with.

I'll be 21 and I will have wasted so much of my life already. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. My life isn't going to change. I will still be worthless. What have I done with my life? I'm not in college. I can't afford to go, and I have no portfolio, and I couldn't get into one I want anyway. I don't really have any friends, and can't make them. What do I have to show for being alive for 21 years? I am fucking pathetic.

And now I can't breathe and am going to choke to death on my snob and tears and my fucking jaw and throat hurt.

Please remind me why people even pretend to care about me?

I know you're frustrated with your current circumstances, and it's a legitimate thing and I'm not trying to dismiss that. However I don't think it's fair to make turning 21 like, a thing on top of it, know what I'm saying? Don't compare yourself to other 21 year olds; everybody has different shit to deal with, everybody comes from different places. You didn't have their situation and they don't have yours.

Your folks might have made choices you disagree with (I'm holding out on a stronger word cos I don't aim to be presumptuous) but even the fact that you recognize it means you have sense that they don't.

I know you love art but I'm sure you've got other interests/skills too. Maybe you should look into school for other stuff? Might help if you look at ways of making money as allowing you to do more shit you like. If you end up studying something you'll also feel better about yourself just for accomplishing something new. Don't be afraid to do something like vocational training; it doesn't have to define you for the rest of your life, it's just a way to get out of your current situation. You'll be less stressed and better able to figure out what you want to do in general. Also it might make it easier for you psychologically to get loans, since there will be tangible job opportunities.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #2619 on: 22 Apr 2009, 01:21 »

Emaline,

What Ruyi said. If there are programs around to help you with job skills, mundane or not, take advantage. A boring job for stability lets you plan for bigger moves.

For that, start from the basics. What do you like to do. Are there jobs where you can do it directly or indirectly. What steps can you start taking to move in that direction.

It doesn't have to be school. To use art as an example. Go out to local galleries, see if there are volunteer opportunities to help out with shows -- almost nobody ever turns down an offer to lug things from point A to point B. Get to know the people, show your own enthusiasm. You don't have to "schmooze" at all, just be yourself, be helpful, and have fun. Over time, as you become part of that new circle, you'll hear about opportunities. Either for your own art, or for working with/among other artists.

That's just one example. Music has that same kind of culture. Other types of volunteer work also have that same ethic, once you get known, and people see the good work you do, there are paying jobs at the organizations that open up from time to time. Even having fun can expose openings. Next time you're at a club, don't fawn over the band, competing with all the groupies, talk to the sound guy and learn how his board works.

I was fired after 9 solid years at a dead-end retail job because they didn't want to keep any non-essential full timers. I took it hard. Fortunately, I had enough saved up and understanding family where I could take some time to regroup. So I took some training classes at the cable access station with the intent of producing a local music show. What I didn't expect was how quickly the circles around me grew from that. I not only had the people at the station, I had the music contacts that expanded as I searched for acts and got recommendations. There's all the other volunteer crew and producers with their own interests and connections. Many of the paid staff started as volunteers themselves, so that's something I'd consider.

It's not something that's going to happen overnight, but if you start looking beyond the "just fill out an application and hope for the best" routine, maybe something you'll really like will fall into place.

As to your last point, you at least know I cared enough to write this note, so I hope that's something.  :-)
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #2620 on: 22 Apr 2009, 03:43 »

God fucking damn it.

I spent an entire fucking week writing an assignment, my teacher takes ages to give it back, and gives me a 4+. Which is fucking average. And I don't need fucking average.

It's no that this is my favorite class, in fact I have this feeling I couldn't care less, but I really put my ass into working on that one. I don't think I've ever spent more time on one single assignment in my life, except maybe a play, and I felt that the result was good. That's probably what sucks most right now, it felt like a good assignment, and she gave it a pretty average grade. I don't really agree to her reasons, and BAH, fuck it, I'll get 4 in a class that won't matter at all in my life but it still sucks because I actually tried, real hard, and still got nothing but average.

RRRR
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Kylos

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Myspace?
« Reply #2621 on: 22 Apr 2009, 04:21 »

What is good to get rid of a terrible cough? This one has plagued me for far too long.
I hope we mess things up in a huge and beautiful fashion.

Pernix takes the rat and uses it as a peen sock.

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #2622 on: 22 Apr 2009, 05:03 »

What is good to get rid of a terrible cough? This one has plagued me for far too long.

A traditional remedy is a tablespoon of English mustard. Give it a try.
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #2623 on: 22 Apr 2009, 06:07 »

Blog thread, my mom is still in the hospital, my hives from my allergic reaction to my body lotion is finally clearing up, and there is a sort of possibility that I might be living with a dog, come January.  I can't concentrate at work for 3 days now, and I havent been sleeping very well.   I started weight watchers again a couple weeks ago, and it's going very well, so far.  I do so love this plan.  Blah blah blah, I'm gonna go pretend to work for another 6 hours now. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #2624 on: 22 Apr 2009, 07:44 »

Blog thread,

Springing off of Rachel's post: So, I got a call from my mom yesterday saying the vet she used to work for called her saying my old pitbull/rotty (Butters) was picked up as a stray yesterday. I got her when I was living with my ex in Northern New Hampshire and when we broke up, I agreed to let her keep the dog after much drama. A few months ago, she contacted me and told me she was joining the military and offered to let me keep Butters while she's deployed. I quickly turned this down, telling her I wasn't going to take my dog back temporarily only to have to give her up again. It'd also been close to three years years since I'd seen my dog (It'll be three years next month), so I wasn't sure she'd still respond to me and my current place doesn't allow pets anyway.

After much ado, I managed to get ahold of her. She informed me the dog would be staying with her brother permanently. Originally, she told me her sister, who has two dogs Butters had already been acclimated and has two kids for her to play with, was going to be taking her. Now, I know her brother and he's a really nice guy, but he's never been all that responsible. Legally speaking, I own the registration on Butters and my ex has said that she'd understand and wouldn't object should I decide I want to take the dog.

If I did, I'd have to wait until January, as I don't have somewhere for her to stay in the interim. I'm trying to decide what I should do. On the one hand, I love this dog to death and I've been wanting a dog again for a while now. On the other, I'm planning school in the fall and I'll need to work part time to pay for it, so I'm not sure if I can handle the responsibility right now. I could probably make time, but I just don't know. Also, there's the fact I'd have to displace Butters, and this would be the fifth time she's been displaced in only four years she's been alive (We actually adopted her originally from a friend of my ex's).

Any thoughts?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2625 on: 22 Apr 2009, 08:11 »

I love dogs more than I love most people. So, I think you should take the dog. Its the one thing I miss not living at home. I never come home to my dog eagerly waiting because I was gone.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #2626 on: 22 Apr 2009, 08:12 »

I used to go outside and come back in just to see the dopey look on my puppy's face when I came back in.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

the_pied_piper

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2627 on: 22 Apr 2009, 09:42 »

Dear blog thread readers,

I do not think it is possible for me to be less motivated to work right now. I got up in the afternoon, had some breakfast while watching Office Space and have stared at my computer screen not doing much for a couple of hours.

I should really be researching and typing up a report but i just can't bring myself to do it.
He even really sponsored terrorism! Libya's like Opposite-Iraq, where all the lies are true!

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2628 on: 22 Apr 2009, 09:48 »

DO IT

Ăśde

« Reply #2629 on: 22 Apr 2009, 10:37 »

On monday I learn about making/serving beers, wines, and cocktails. This involves tasting them!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2630 on: 22 Apr 2009, 11:57 »

I got rid of my camera and my cell phone. Feels pretty good. Didn't use the camera anyway.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #2631 on: 22 Apr 2009, 11:58 »

Pictures or it didn't happen.
a 'dčanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeňid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2632 on: 22 Apr 2009, 12:23 »

Hey guys, university started on monday. Also on monday I saw The Atomic Bitchwax for free on campus, plus two other amazing bands. This semester seems to be better than the last one...

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2633 on: 22 Apr 2009, 12:57 »

Uh, the last time I bought something from overseas it was a couple of video games. Shipping and handling? $8.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #2634 on: 22 Apr 2009, 14:28 »

Yes, that shipping sounds ridiculously expensive. Sit on their asses over the phone until you get an explanation. Unless that's just as expensive.

Today was crappy at first, but got better. My arms is now covered in bruises and cuts from fencing, and getting them was fun like hell. I've also noticed that after five weeks of regualr push-ups, my arms are like 50% bigger. Or so it seems to me. Awesome.

Victorinia

• Plantmonster
« Reply #2635 on: 22 Apr 2009, 14:51 »

You should call UPS and ask them about it. That seems pretty ridiculous. I live in Canada, and I've only ever had things shipped from the US, but I don't think I've ever paid more than a fifth of that in shipping, customs included.

In other news, exams and everything that go along with them blow.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2636 on: 22 Apr 2009, 15:10 »

What does the bill say it is for? - it could be duty and tax.  When I had a pair of Etymotics repaired, the shipping company tried to charge me VAT when they were returned even though the invoice said that the taxable value was zero (it was a warranty repair).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Avec

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Pomegranate
« Reply #2637 on: 22 Apr 2009, 16:10 »

I'm gonna' try my best to avoid sounding like an ass; so you're saying there are no local music oriented stores?

Metope

« Reply #2638 on: 22 Apr 2009, 16:17 »

There are plenty of nearby music oriented stores (Jens and I live pretty much in the same place so I can answer for him), but there are two pretty big factors that has to be considered here.

1. We live in Norway. Norway is a country far away from pretty much everything else, and there are not always many options to chose between when buying things. I don't know if this was the case is this situation, but chances are the earbuds Jens wanted are not for sale in this country.

2. We live in Norway. Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world, and in most cases buying things from America is cheaper than buying things here, even with shipping included. Obviously not in this case though, but no one was aware of the insane shipping fees and my bet is that something very wrong has happened somewhere along the road, because that price is friggin ridiculous.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2639 on: 22 Apr 2009, 16:37 »

You might have done a little better to check out prices in the UK.  I bought mine from a UK company selling them on eBay for £149 - they charge £9 shipping to Norway, and I wouldn't expect the same level of extras.

But yes, that is an problem with living in Europe at all, let alone Norway.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2640 on: 22 Apr 2009, 17:09 »

I fucking hate that about living here. If we're lucky enough that an American website will actually ship to Norway, unless it's Amazon or a huge site like that, the shipping rates are pretty much always insane (I once wanted to buy $18 worth of shampoo, and they wanted to charge me $90 for the shipping), and then there's the 25% tax and the fee for customs clearance ($15 if it's a duty free item, obviously goes up for other stuff) for items that cost over $30.

I totally said yes to letting a previously mentioned guy crash here for the night this weekend. It'll probably be awkward as hell, but I need to practice my social skills, and doing so without actually interacting with people is difficult. And it's not like the guy someone I've talked to a lot and know really well (online), so if it's awkward and weird and I screw up, it doesn't really matter all that much. So I think this is a good thing. Plus, we'll be meeting up with this other guy who seems really nice on Saturday, who actually lives here in town, so.. Maybe a new friend? I hope so.

Metope

« Reply #2641 on: 22 Apr 2009, 21:17 »

Soooo blog thread it's 6 am and I haven't slept yet, finished the most horrible exam of my life one hour ago. God I feel so relieved. Haven't slept in about 19 hours now, and I wont get to sleep in another 16 hours or so since I have classes all day from 8 am to 4 pm and dinner with dad after that. Also when I turn this PC off in an hour or so it will be for the last time ever, since it's broken for the fourth time which means I get a new PC free of charge. Means I'll be a week or two without a computer, but who cares, I'm getting a new PC for free! So yeah I wont be here for a while, take care guys!

Also sorry if this post makes no sense, I was past the point of making sense hours ago. Probably not the best thing considering I wrote am exam that my whole grade for this semester will be based on in this state, but oh well. Seeya!

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #2642 on: 22 Apr 2009, 21:51 »

see ya!

so I'm at the time when I choose what classes I'm going to take next year (I'll be a junior in high school). I'm going to see if I can skip the 3rd year of spanish and go straight to Spanish 4, and I think I'm also going to take Japanese classes at the local community college. Maybe I'll set a school record for most language credits amassed by one student =).
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #2643 on: 22 Apr 2009, 22:01 »

SEMESTER OVER
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2644 on: 22 Apr 2009, 22:14 »

Dear diary

Fuck you common Pheasant and your anoying noise what you make so early in the morning.
I woke up about five mins ago and im not in very good mood because those fuckers woke me up with their unholy noise.

If any common Pheasant is reading this your days are numbered, i will rip your wigs off then your legs after that i get violent and i can promise it wouldnt be quick nor pretty.

:x
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2009, 22:17 by Dollface »
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Kylos

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Myspace?
« Reply #2645 on: 23 Apr 2009, 00:56 »

Blogblogblog,

My other half has his dissertation due tomorrow, and has only written 2000 words. That leaves another 6000 to do today.
That doesn't sound too bad, until you realise he has no quotations yet, let alone taken any books out to reference from. I'm at a loss for what to do, because all I want to do is help him, but he's too proud to ask and just says "don't worry about it" when I offer. I don't even know if he's worrying about it as much as I am, which makes for a buttload of friction between us. I'll come into his room and see him doing completely irrelevant things and just snap at him, which makes it all worse. I have work tonight too, so i'm not even around to try and make him do it. Sometimes, I feel like i'm forced into being his mum. This is not what I want. If I wanted to be a mother at this age, I would have had a tiny little Kylos by now. That is a digusting thought.

Stupid boy.
I hope we mess things up in a huge and beautiful fashion.

Pernix takes the rat and uses it as a peen sock.

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2646 on: 23 Apr 2009, 10:14 »

Deer blag thred,

I have noticed that every elder person I know says that 17 was the best year of their life, and I can't disagree too much.  Most folks that age have transportation, sustainable income, have started to be involved with others romantically in a way that isn't too dramatic or immature and in general are starting to feel a sort of refreshing independence that doesn't go so far as to leave them stranded in life, as they always have a safety net in their parents.  Well, I am eighteen now.  I was fired shortly before my birthday this year, I do not have a car, I do not have a license, and I'm sort of thin and weak physically.  I'm not trying to bitch here, I'm just telling it how it is.  I have a wonderful girlfriend who I've been dating for almost a year now, but not much of a way to take her out and show her a good time.  I feel the independence and I do love it, but I'm also used to it, as my mother was always very lenient with me.  This is all leading to the point that I need to start improving myself and my situation.  SO, here's the plan:

- I have in my posession a set of small weights.  If I put all of them on the long bar, they would probably add up to be around 60 to 75 pounds including the 10-pound bar.  If I eat fairly healthily as I'm wont to do, and do a lot of reps with a low weight (around 25 or 30 pounds) every other day, I figure my arms won't look and feel like boiled spaghetti noodles.  I can do sit-ups with these weights on my chest and get a fairly tight stomach, and I already walk around 6 miles a day and as such my legs are hard as steel.  I don't want to get huge or anything.  I just want to be able to take off my shirt and look impressive.  I am a slightly vain person.

- I need to get a job.  That's pretty much all there is to that.  I don't live in the best part of town, and there aren't many non-food service jobs around.  I've been working in the food industry for around 3 or 4 years now.  I don't like it very much.  I can't handle pressure extraordinarily well, and when I try to rush to accommodate a large group of customers I get flustered and mess up orders and look pretty dumb.  I've always liked kids, though.  There are quite a few establishments around the town I live in that include a childcare program.  Churches, daycare centers and the like.  I think I'd like to work in places like that, but honestly, I don't have much room to be picky in this topsyturvy economy these days rite?  I will try for those sorts of social jobs anywho, though and update on my status.

- Car car car car car.  As much as I like walking everywhere I need to be, I can't really do that all over the place.  There are some places it's just dangerous to walk to.  Where my girlfriend is staying for instance, can only be reached by way of a highway leading to an exit that lets out to a road that leads to her house.  I cannot walk there, and there wouldn't be much for me to do there anyways as her roommate does not like me at all.  I'd be imposing, butanywaysineedacar.  Job naturally comes before this, but it's still important.  As I am or was homeschooled, I have had a hard time getting a hold of the document proving my homeschooledness, which I need as there is a retarded statute in Alabama that requires all kiddos under 19 to be enrolled in school to receive a permit or license.  It will happen.  I will get and learn to operate a motor vehicle with God as my witness.

- I should probably just sack up and go to college, so I am going study fervently for the ACT this year.  I am only really lacking in math and science and will study an algebra book my mother is in possession of for a few months beforehand.  I've been stalling on the taking of the ACT for quite sometime now as I've dreaded getting a shitty grade on it and not being able to afford college, but I really need to do something with myself and college just seems like the right way to go.  I've always envied really booksmart folks and it's sort of an imbecile's dream to be smart like them people on the public television and the old books which mine mother used t'read me, but I gotta do this and study some cliched "I don't know what I'm doing with my life" subject like English for me and mine I guess.  Updates will come and go.

Tl;dr CHRISTIEN IMPROVEMENT FESTIVAL BOOMKASLPOW.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2647 on: 23 Apr 2009, 10:43 »

Durr rog kred:

Played frisbee in the rain yesterday. It was pretty great, though now I think I'm coming down with a cold.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #2648 on: 23 Apr 2009, 10:45 »

Today me and two friends completely spontaneously had diner at one of said friends place. It was pretty awesome and nice.

Now I'm going to have to prepare for German test. Woo woo?

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2649 on: 23 Apr 2009, 10:51 »

I just had a bizarre as fuck nap dream.

My tortoise could do this thing where her soul left her body and manifested as a human girl, to whom I could talk.  We had a long conversation about how it was to be a tortoise, what she thought about all day, and so on.

Then I went to work and was telling people about it--"Do you, uh, believe in, like, supernatural phenomena?  'Cause the weirdest thing happened to me today..."--when I fell asleep and had a dream-within-a-dream in which my Spanish professor was a serial murderer.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 90   Go Up