THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 May 2024, 18:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 776405 times)

Zingoleb

Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #2950 on: 01 May 2009, 21:23 »

I don't know what he's doing either! He doesn't know what I'm doing. We're mutual strangers.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2951 on: 01 May 2009, 21:24 »

The head of the art department at my former school has a "What Would Neil Young Do?" poster hanging in his office. It makes me giggle.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Zingoleb

« Reply #2952 on: 01 May 2009, 21:38 »

Do a lot of drugs and fall asleep at the piano!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2953 on: 01 May 2009, 22:29 »

The best thing about the Kitty Cat Klub is that many people hear the name and assume you went to a strip club. Really, I just got buzzed and listened to some shoegaze and grudgingly acknowledged that I'm friends with hipsters.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Zingoleb

« Reply #2954 on: 01 May 2009, 22:42 »

Hi, Alex. How are you, Alex. Do you want to be my friend, but only grudgingly?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2955 on: 02 May 2009, 00:20 »

It's okay Alex, I knowingly am friends with lots of hipsters. There was a drag show and burlesque show rolled up into one tonight and it was awesome, and I danced and I knew a lot of people and my friends all rule BUT THEN I went downstairs and ran into a manager at work (he is not my manager but he sits right next to me) and he was all touchy feely which I guess, I think he's cute, but it turns out that he's a total homophobe. I just can't like him anymore. Crap.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2956 on: 02 May 2009, 02:50 »

an old man.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2957 on: 02 May 2009, 03:38 »

Actually, he's a lot like an Old Man.

Neil Young is pretty much my favourite guy.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #2958 on: 02 May 2009, 05:15 »

Dear blog thread,

I have to learn this song for Akademia, as well as "Every Breath You Take" by the Police.

They couldn't have at least sprung for "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls like all 3 of us guys had been begging? It's not like they ever ask for licensing rights or anything, so it's no extra trouble for them. Also, Labinot and I could EASILY play an acoustic and just back ourselves that way.

Also I am on my Geocities account for the last time and I am saving all the shit that I think is worth saving. I am glad I saw that thread when I did.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2959 on: 02 May 2009, 05:29 »

Actually, he's a lot like an Old Man.

Neil Young is pretty much my favourite guy.

Oh don't misunderstand, I love Neil Young.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #2960 on: 02 May 2009, 06:52 »

Last night after getting out of work (I was doing the door for a Williamstown Jazz Festival show), I went and got a drink with my friend Ally (those of you who meeble probably know her as "ex-cafe girl"). It was good times, mostly because I really haven't hung out with her in FOREVER.

Of course, the show got out so late that we only made it to the bar for last call, and then left and went to Dunkin' Donuts. We're going to try and go out a bit earlier tonight, and get properly fally-down drunk.

Yay!

Oh! And I secured full-time employment for the summer. That's pretty rad. Now I can afford to buy that vintage Airline guitar and maybe a Big Muff of some sort (w/ Tone Wicker, hopefully).
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 06:54 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2961 on: 02 May 2009, 06:53 »

dear blog thread
 after years of unfortunate mistakes, poor behaviour and an assortment of bad habits, I finally decided last night that it may just be time for me to turn my life around and begin working towards a better, brighter future. I realised that life is a business opportunity and that the more you invest, the greater the rewards will be when it comes time to cash the cheques. I decided that from now on there would be no more procrastinating, that every single day matters. I would break my bad habits,  I would make the most of every single opportunity presented to me and work hard at securing my future for a better tomorrow.

but I got a bad hangnail. it's pretty brutal. you can see red underneath it and it's inflamed slightly. I considered going to the A&E, but by the time I'd get out of the waiting room, it'll have healed. I absolutely can not do anything until I have healthy cuticles. just when I had prepared to turn my life around, too...
I don't know why this stuff only happens to me. I'll take it as proof that I was a mistake and that god didn't want me.

if anybody needs me I'll be nursing my sorrows over a scotch for the next few days, popping in here occasionally for attention and sympathy.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #2962 on: 02 May 2009, 07:53 »

Blog thread

It's the old formula really

Boy Meets Girl
Boy thinks girl is a lesbian
Girl thinks boy is a raging homosexual
MAKEOUTS
<HELLA DRINKING>
</HELLA DRINKING>
girl is fucking drunk as SHIT, boy takes girl to get a taxi, catches a cab home with her and spends most of the trip making out with her, and then  gives the taxi driver 40 dollars and tells him to make sure girl gets home safe

Boy has to get up for work in 4 hours and can't really wait around for the girl to call, will have to send her a sexy message tomorrow.

GOOD TIMES.

I don't mind that this girl seems kind of damaged, she's sweet as hell and OH GOD I AM FALLING INTO THE SAME TRAP AGAIN.

Jesus why do I only like women with problems

oh hell what do I care the girls with problems are the cutest girls anyway I should feel blessed.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2963 on: 02 May 2009, 08:10 »

Seriously though I need someone to reassure me that I did the right thing because I am pretty drunk and if I had slept with this girl it would have been her first time and I don't think any woman needs to be subjected to my drunken inability to bring the visceral romances when she is not quite sure of just how disappointing an experience it is.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2964 on: 02 May 2009, 08:19 »

so you're waiting until your both sober before you fuck each other senseless?
I am admittedly terrible when I am drunk.
...but the girl is usually too drunk to notice or care!
I consider this the best routine for both people involved. I get to sleep with people who would usually be miles out of my league, and they don't have to remember all the nasty details the next day.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2965 on: 02 May 2009, 08:25 »

I'd just rather not have a girls first time involve the phrase "HEY DO YOU DO ANAL BECAUSE YOU DO NOW"

but then again I am a romantic by nature
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 08:30 by Hat »

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2966 on: 02 May 2009, 08:28 »

Actually I don't think I've had sober sex with a girl since I was like, 17, I should probably just teach myself to not be a total sensual disappointment when I am so drunk

(Darryl I am insulted that you think that I might not have fucked this girl senseless if she was out of my league, this girl is exactly my league, that is kind of the problem)

I am like fucking Kryptonite to cute scene girls.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 08:30 by Hat »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2967 on: 02 May 2009, 11:45 »

The last time I had sex, we were drunk, blazed, she had her left wrist in a cast, and we had just started watching The Fellowship of the Ring.

Halfway through Boromir's river-burial, we finished, and could not move our legs.

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2968 on: 02 May 2009, 11:52 »

Day 2: Swine Flu has hit my lungs.  I am coughing and this means that I am probably dead in the next few hours.  I just want to let you guys know that you all have made very bad decisions in my eyes and I am ashamed of everyone in this thread. 

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
Re: Blog Thread II: NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE.
« Reply #2969 on: 02 May 2009, 12:28 »

It's not about the choice of words or how graphic it is. It's about the fact that I really don't want to hear about anybody's sex life.

Actually I could do without hearing about sex at all for, oh, six months or so. I mean have you been out there? It's just sex, sex, sex, 24/7. How about we as a society talk about trees for a while instead. I like trees. Trees are nice and we don't pay them enough attention. I wonder if Pamela Anderson has an tips about pruning? I also find myself curious to know about how David Duchovny deals with Dutch Elm Disease, and about whether George Clooney prefers oaks or birches.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #2970 on: 02 May 2009, 12:37 »

Dear front tire on my bike.

Fucketh thee. Why you refuse to comply with my hands and let me fucking put you back in the wheel so I can go biking after getting a flat tire and not letting me bike for MONTHS and making my thumbs bleed every figgin' time I try to put you back in the wheel and fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Josefbugman

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #2971 on: 02 May 2009, 12:42 »

1. Emotionally troubled people are avaliable.

2. Hurt/comfort and want to make them feel better

3. (from conjecture) they appear to be demons in the sack.

Guys, its just dawned on me that I am probably very boring, how can I solve this?
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2972 on: 02 May 2009, 13:58 »

I fucked everything up. I don't have anyone anymore.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #2973 on: 02 May 2009, 14:07 »

yesterday i spent my night dancing to my iPod in dupont circle and then i played duck duck goose and then i went on metro and ran into my friend and then we went to adams morgan to smoke hookah.

i am pleased with life.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2974 on: 02 May 2009, 14:10 »

Dude I had no idea you were in DC, I'd have probably tried to contact you for hangouts if I had known about this while I was there in the beginning of February.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Blog Thread II: NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SEX LIFE.
« Reply #2975 on: 02 May 2009, 14:38 »

trees

I had completely forgotten this post.
so so great.
thankyou Dazed, for the repost.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
!
« Reply #2976 on: 02 May 2009, 15:35 »

I'm a pretty big fan of Moreton Bay Figs. They are a Handsome Tree.

I mean, just look at those buttress roots!
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2977 on: 02 May 2009, 15:57 »

See, I love a plain ol' Elm or Oak or something in the winter and it gets the pretty frost on it.

Like this
My least favorite tree is the Cottonwood!!!. They are not only one of the least cute trees but also they puff out so every spring when they start blooming it looks like it's snowed again. Okay maybe the little cotton puffs are kind of cute but that's it.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2978 on: 02 May 2009, 16:01 »

that is a pretty picture of a tree.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2979 on: 02 May 2009, 16:19 »

I used to think papyrus was the shit.

Now, not so much.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2980 on: 02 May 2009, 19:43 »

AHHHHHHHHHH
-sob-
radical dame

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2981 on: 02 May 2009, 19:46 »

Why are you sobbing? Blog away your tears!

Blog Thread, I have a cold. I am sniffling and stuffy and coughing and all kinds of blah and disgusting and it doesnt seem to want to go away. Blurhg.

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2982 on: 02 May 2009, 19:55 »

I'm so frustrated with art - I have a portfolio due Friday and I need at least two more pieces and everything I do right now is shit. The college that I'm going to doesn't even accept the studio art AP for credit so it's all sort of an exercise in futility. I wouldn't be worrying so much if I didn't have four other APs to study for (aka APs that may actually earn me credit). As it is, I'm covered in oil paint and my back aches and I haven't done shit. I'm giving up for the weekend and studying for French which is on Monday.

You might be thinking "so why bother?" but I'll feel like I wasted a huge amount of time if I don't send in my portfolio (not to mention my teacher might slay me). This is also my own stupid fault for taking so many AP classes when everyone told me not to and I hate myself a lot and I'm so angry and I'm home alone and just need a hug or something and ahhh :|

(non-americans: AP stands for "advanced placement," classes that you can take in highschool that are meant to simulate a semester-long college class. at the end of the year (aka next week) you take terrifying exams that are usually pretty difficult and then you're graded from 1-5, with 5 being the best. except studio art is 1-6 because people who are just amazing get 6s I guess. most universities award credit for 4s and 5s, or at least let you place out of introductory classes. completely depends on the school.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 20:14 by Allybee »
radical dame

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2983 on: 02 May 2009, 20:13 »

My least favorite tree is the Cottonwood!!!.

Someone in Canberra had the bright idea to plant a ring of cottonwoods around basically every single educational institute in the city. This means that every spring every school pupil and university student is choking on tree fluff. At the Australian National University they say that if you haven't started studying for your final exams by the time the fluff starts flying, you're doomed to failure.

A lovely group of trees that people (especially outside Australia) probably won't have heard of are the Angophoras.

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #2984 on: 02 May 2009, 21:31 »

Dear Blog Thread.

I am not good at talking to my girlfriend and it makes me feel like poopoo.  Also, I started reading Cat's Cradle tonight, and it is excellent.  I am probably going to finish it by monday.  I am feeling a bit better now, which leads me to believe that I do not have mono.  I am just feeling sort of lame and I am now going to listen to Silkworm and feel bad for myself.

Good night

Zingoleb

« Reply #2985 on: 02 May 2009, 23:54 »

Hello Blog Thread!

My father got a letter in the mail informing him of an art show they wanted to tell him about, and thought he should be in! So I decided to go in his place (yes, he knows about the letter). The theme is BACKYARDS, that is, in all capitals. They require capitals, I think? So, I went through my pictures to decide which ones could be considered relevant to a show about BACKYARDS and have found two insofar that meet my requirements, and I have found many, many others that could be a possible third, but have scrapped them all, and will possibly go on a picture-taking spree this month to find a third! Here are the two I have found so far:

Titled "The Only Moment We Were Alone", named for an Explosions in the Sky song.

This one I've called "Trail of Life" but only as a temporary title. Still can't think of what to really call it, because "Trail of Life" feels like a really shitty title. Then again, this picture isn't that strong from a commercial viewpoint, so maybe it needs a shitty title.  :lol: I'll be thinking of something else in the meantime. Bluegrass. Bluegrass! Maybe that. It's my backyard, anyways.

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #2986 on: 03 May 2009, 01:21 »

Dear diary

this morning i dug up my old psx, ridge race 1 and tekken 1 but when i started playing i found that orginal psx controller is too light for me which did annoy hell out of me.

Oh i almost forgot funny story last night i got hammered and this morning i was checking my emails my inbox had 7 new emails it seems that i jointed peta and putted couple dating notices but that peta thing worries about me because i know those people are crazy as hell and i usually take these things seriouslly but i love eat animal that taste good also if i now send them letter that say that i dont want join im sure they will hunt me down like animal, lock me t some room, only feed me tofy or try to reak my spirit by horrible torturing until i "pledge to be veg" and i dont want that happen but there is bright side because i run on vodka and vodka comes from potatoes so i could easilly leave the meat but i dont wanna. help!

Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2987 on: 03 May 2009, 01:37 »

Maybe you joined People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2988 on: 03 May 2009, 08:50 »

Today I am revisionist!

I don't think that word means what you think it means
     /
 :mrgreen:

Shut up.

Anyway I've done two hours of german revision and in ten minutes I'm going to do some more! It's finally sunk in that my exams are in about five weeks and hey, maybe I should do some work! Thanks to a large amount of revision-related procrastination I have a very neat breakdown of all the topics I need to revise, and a huge number of neatly organised folders, so now that I've found my revisioning swing I should be flying through it! The problem is that it's sunny outside and lots of my friends don't have exams and I'm jealous of their sunbathing lethargy.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2989 on: 03 May 2009, 08:57 »

It's finally sunk in that my exams are in about five weeks and hey, maybe I should do some work!

You start revising five weeks prior to exams?

Maybe this is what I'm doing wrong.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2990 on: 03 May 2009, 10:28 »

Dear blag,

My new ex (I can't really think of any better way to put it) decided to get a Facebook and add me. This story just gets more fucking bizarre every day.

Also I missed out on hangouts with some rad people because the professors at Akademi decided to hold us two and a half hours longer than we should've been there.

Love,
Me!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2991 on: 03 May 2009, 10:38 »

Oh no Patrick you've got yourself a clinger. My condolences dogg, there's really nothing you can do except ride it out.

EDIT: and in case it wasn't obvious IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE FOR GOD'S SAKE IGNORE
« Last Edit: 03 May 2009, 10:52 by David_Dovey »

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #2992 on: 03 May 2009, 10:45 »

I think revisee might be a better term, because revisionist implies that everything you know is being changed.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2993 on: 03 May 2009, 11:31 »

EDIT: and in case it wasn't obvious IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE FOR GOD'S SAKE IGNORE

Too late

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2994 on: 03 May 2009, 11:41 »

Noooo you fooooooool...

No but in all seriousness, from here on in for god's sake do not justify her behaviour because appeasing her will not make anything better ever.

This is actual advice from someone who has been through this exact thing before dude. Please learn from my mistakes.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #2995 on: 03 May 2009, 11:52 »

I am already planning on having makeouts with Other Girls (not even joking, we're meeting up tomorrow) because now I don't have a relationship to render meaningless (I am still feeling like a giant shitbag over this, but if I'm going to fuck up, I'd better at least do it right). I think I am pretty well past the point of no return as far as the ending of this relationship goes. It's over and she knows it's over and I am sticking to my guns here.

Reed

« Reply #2996 on: 03 May 2009, 12:32 »

Patrick, your only solution is to update your status to "balls deep in kosovars".
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #2997 on: 03 May 2009, 12:34 »

Fake your own death.

A Shoggoth on the Roof

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2998 on: 03 May 2009, 12:36 »

shit guys, I just realized the AP calculus exam is in three days and goddamnIsuckatcalculusandhaven'treallypreparedatall
what am I going to dooooo...

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface
« Reply #2999 on: 03 May 2009, 12:48 »

Major in communications.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 90   Go Up