THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 11:03
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773961 times)

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #3500 on: 18 May 2009, 21:52 »

I want to hear more crappy candy jokes!

And your angry responses.

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #3501 on: 18 May 2009, 22:01 »

I just finished the last paper of my college career.

One more exam, and I'm done.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3502 on: 18 May 2009, 22:05 »

Hey guys, I think my car's finally fixed!

Zingoleb

« Reply #3503 on: 18 May 2009, 22:06 »

Hey guys, someone hit my fucking car today!

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #3504 on: 18 May 2009, 22:33 »

Dear blog thread,

Today, after that alright triple date, I came home. I read about half of the Mission of Burma chapter in Our Band Could Be Your Life, then I got to work on some essays I've been neglecting for my English class. The first two went off without a hitch, some mindless drivel about Chocolat (yes, the film). Then I had to write something about a quote by Etty Hillesum. After researching her I wrote something pretty brutal about how intelligence and brute force aren't the right ways to fight a war. It started off lighthearted. I even talked about that Henry Rollins bit where the two armies are sitting on opposite sides of a hill and one side starts playing Rocket to Russia and the other side thinks that is pretty fucking awesome.

Then it fell apart.

The rest is a pretty emotional piece about how her death (killed at Auschwitz) reflects accurately (somewhat) what I have been talking about. I'm not really describing it well but I doubt it was very on topic towards the end (well slightly since it is still about her quote) but even if I receive bad marks I doubt I can rewrite it on principal.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3505 on: 18 May 2009, 23:00 »

Jordan, that is one of my favourite posts ever.  I love you so much.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3506 on: 18 May 2009, 23:06 »

Ozy, if you keep doing those, I will buy you as much Laffy Taffy as I can possibly send to your house.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

mbb

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: In which Jordan gets way too angry at candy
« Reply #3507 on: 18 May 2009, 23:36 »

Tony, Okay, first this is a classic example of a very very forced pun. A pun so damn forced that YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE PUN IN THE PUNCHLINE. That's pretty much the first fucking rule of a joke is that you don't have to explain the punchline because then it's not funny you twat. Fortunately for you, the amount of funny stayed exactly the same by explaining the punchline by which I am saying that your joke sucked since apparently you are too goddamn stupid to understand things without explaination.

ahahahaha PUN-CHLINE....

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3508 on: 19 May 2009, 00:01 »

Most people do not have lunch meat for dinner. Was asking what they eat for lunch really endangering your masterfully crafted joke?

When my mother died, we found letters between her and my father when they were courting in the 1930s.  They were from different classes (my father was from the slums in Sheffield, and my mother from a country vicarage in Worcestershire), and one of the things they discussed as a serious issue regarding their compatibility was the matter of whether "dinner" was the midday meal (followed by supper) or the evening one (following lunch).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3509 on: 19 May 2009, 00:59 »

Tomorrow is the taping of my music TV show. Nervous and excited, but I have good crew for it, so it should be all good. Report afterward.  :-o
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.
« Reply #3510 on: 19 May 2009, 01:02 »

Dear diary

This morning i felt like crap, why? well my throat is full of slime i might be ill or someone blew load in there when i was sleeping. (sometime i sleep mouth open)
It seems today its going to rain. (yay)

Im i the only one that thinks that there is something wrong with Elmo, i can image him in walking at night time and just flirting with danger, just hoping that someone would do weird things to him. (you know what i mean)
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3511 on: 19 May 2009, 01:46 »

Hey Blog Thread!

I finally have broadband!  I am a real person, like you guys now!  I am excited!  Everything is so SPEEDY
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #3512 on: 19 May 2009, 02:07 »

Jodie! That happened to me a month ago! Isn't it CRAZY?!

I still browse the internet with dial-up habits though I like rarely visit youtube
it's time to stop posting

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3513 on: 19 May 2009, 02:14 »

The first thing I did Anna was go to your box account and download the few new songs I didn't have yet.  I had them in seconds! IN SECONDS!  madness.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3514 on: 19 May 2009, 02:39 »

I like rarely visit youtube

Honestly, you're not missing much.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #3515 on: 19 May 2009, 02:51 »

Hey blog thread,

Gonna' go pee now.

Love from Thomas Edison.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #3516 on: 19 May 2009, 03:16 »

Awesome. Good luck dude.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3517 on: 19 May 2009, 03:50 »

Dear blag,

Yesterday while I was singing at Akademi I wound up nearly fainting due to heat exhaustion. Who knew I'd adapt to Alaska's cold weather so thoroughly? Anyway, got home, had frequent exposure to liquids, and collapsed into bed. Time was 20:30. Woke up at 23:30 or so and noticed I had an SMS from my lady! Pleasant surprise. Wound up yapping to her for a little while. She decided to go to bed, and I apparently said something exceptionally sweet or something, because she was like "This [discussion/topic] could go on forever, but I am starting to really, really like you. Anyway, goodnight!" to which I replied "We can talk about this 'liking each other' thing in person later, I promise there will be googly eyes. Until then, sweet dreams!"

Basically I am a soft little bitch oh god wtf am I doing

Today I rehearse (or panic) at the disco, and tomorrow I will sing live in front of thousands of TV viewers for the third time in my life. I am pretty confident that I will win the battle this week, but I am also pretty confident (and actually somewhat hopeful) I will be eliminated.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3518 on: 19 May 2009, 04:03 »

the matter of whether "dinner" was the midday meal (followed by supper) or the evening one (following lunch).

A few years ago I met a girl who had been brought up in the south of England (and I, of course, was brought up in the north) and we emailed each other a lot, and we also had this discussion. In the end we just referred to every meal as breakfast, because it was the only word we could agree on.

Sadly, I haven't heard from her in many months.

Blog thread, this is the first time in almost a decade that I have had to cope with the gradual winding-down of a term and knowing that I am leaving at the end of it. Even in school I wasn't planning to leave until I already had, if that makes any sense, and now I know that today is my last Tuesday and yesterday was my last Monday and oh my god that was the last lesson we'll ever have with Alison and wow only three more days to go and I don't know how to feel :(
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3519 on: 19 May 2009, 05:35 »

Jens sometimes it is OK to enjoy the music stylings of Mr. Page Hamilton and his Summer Fun-Time Helmet Music Band. The riffs are delicious and meaty and the drumming by Mr. John Stanier is super fantastic.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Will

• Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #3520 on: 19 May 2009, 07:30 »

Deer Blaugh Fred,

In about 9 hours, I will be heading to Pittsburgh to try my hand at another poetry slam. Those of you who frequent Meebo may have seen my Youtube videos that I've been whoring out from my last slam; if not, I'll be happy to link you to them. Self-promotion FTW!

Anyway, I'm not new to this thing, but this is going to be a whole different scene than what I'm used to, so I'm still pretty nervous about it. I love doing slams because the whole competitive element makes it more intense, and causes the crowd to get into it more, but I hate it because it's so damned easy to focus on your scores and the competition angle of it instead of just on doing the best damned poem that you can write. So I'm also trying to keep myself from giving much of a shit about "winning" anything, but I still really want to kick much ass tonight.

Also, Jens, Fugazi can pretty much fix everything. I actually used the intro to Waiting Room as my lead-in music last year at a gig I did. It's fun doing poetry at a bar, and having the bassline to that song be what introduces you to a bunch of rednecks who have no clue what you're about to do!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Will

• Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #3521 on: 19 May 2009, 08:10 »

I live about 70 miles north...takes me maybe 90 minutes tops to drive there.
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #3522 on: 19 May 2009, 08:13 »

absolute shenanigans

It is a sign that I have been doing too much Law revision that as I read that, I was mentally cataloguing the property offences you could be convicted of based on your actions in this scenario. It's an impressive catalogue, let me tell you! Although as we learnt in the first module, you'd be unlikely to be prosecuted for them due to the Crown Prosecution Service's policy guidelines (and also, you know, the part where you don't live in a country that uses English law).

Thanks for that, May. I'll be sure that this girl and I never go to England.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Zingoleb

« Reply #3523 on: 19 May 2009, 18:45 »

Blaggy,

Just got back from a friend's house. He just messaged me and told me not to come over again which makes me upset and confused because we have been very close recently and the last thing he told me before I went over there was that he loved me, and now he's all distressed and upset and won't tell me why. Blah. Drama. Fuck you, drama.

I've decided that I'm going to spend my paycheck on food because there is no food in the house besides cans of cranberry sauce and popcorn balls. The second thing I'm going to buy is a psychiatric evaluation. This should be interesting.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #3524 on: 19 May 2009, 19:48 »

Fucking raw mlik.
Go find some and drink it.
I am in fucking milk heaven.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3525 on: 19 May 2009, 19:52 »

What do you mean by "raw" milk? Do you mean unhomogenised milk? Milk straight from the cow?

Zingoleb

« Reply #3526 on: 19 May 2009, 19:56 »

suck dem cow titties boy

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3527 on: 19 May 2009, 19:57 »

Also, Jens, Waiting Room can pretty much fix everything.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3528 on: 19 May 2009, 19:58 »

<duh duh duh duh duh duh duh>

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3529 on: 19 May 2009, 19:59 »

I AM A PATIENT BOY
I WAIT I WAIT I WAIT I WAIT

*<duh> corresponds to the noise of a drum

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3530 on: 19 May 2009, 20:28 »

suck dem cow titties boy

Sig quoting that
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
Wherein I type for 30 minutes with no point.
« Reply #3531 on: 19 May 2009, 21:35 »

I am going to make a very long post about roleplaying games and how I feel about the three that I currently play in, feel free to just skip over most of it, because I don't think most of you care about how I feel about a fake world. I might bold important parts.

We have three games, Jason running D&D 4e, Tom running Exalted rules with sky pirate (think One Piece) themes, and Alan running Werewolf 2e.

We have been playing Jason's game the longest, and I was sort of getting into it. I started as a cleric, but by level 2 I 'rerolled' into an invoker. I am lawful good, now, when I think lawful good, I think lawful: does not break the law of the land or the law in the cities. Done, I don't really do much to break laws. Good: doesn't do evil things. Done, all actions that I take are either in the name of my god or for the benefit of the party. We can get into a huge discussion about good and evil, and how it is a lot of gray area (which it really is) but last week, when we were playing, we started at midnight, and it was around 2am, well, we were in combat pretty much the entire time. So, the player (me) decided to try and find an alternate method to do things, since fighting zombies for 2 hours gets really fucking boring. So, I rationalize it through my character "these zombie hordes are endless, I'd better go scoop up the party in our magical wagon thing." I run back to the wagon and the driver will not go into the town, even though I told him that he needs to so that we can save everyone. He just absolutely refuses, so I tap him on the head with my staff. Tap, no damage, just like a "hey, stop being a coward, lets go" sort of thing. Apparently this was attacking him. Then I just wanted to intimidate him, to force him to fucking drive. I rolled a natural 20 and the fucker ran off scared because I threatened him. So I see this young girl on the other side of the wagon, peering at me. I go around the other side and ask who she is, she says nothing, so I grab onto her.
Lets take a moment and think, I am in a place where zombies seem to come out of nowhere and everywhere all the fucking time. There is this random girl who won't say anything, am I just going to let her go, probably causing some more zombies to show up, since that seems to be a trend in this place? No, I'm going to hold on to her. I continue to ask her who she is as I investigate if I can drive the wagon (I can't) and eventually I just grab her by the throat. Now the important thing here is the word grab, I did not choke her, I explicitly mentioned that I was NOT going to choke her, that I just wanted to hold her, by the throat. This is possible. I was told that I was choking her out (after the game), when I disputed, saying, no, I was holding her, the DM says "well, how do you know" and I basically said, because it is really easy to tell if you are choking someone, and you can hold someone without choking them. Now, he is telling me that I took evil actions that were way uncharacteristic and I have tried to refute saying, its not evil since I was only trying to do a good thing.
me: "I didn't harm anyone"
DM: "you hit the driver, and choked out that girl"
me: "I did no damage to him and did not choke her"
DM: "well, you don't know that"
Now, the girl ended up being a bard or some shit and knocking me out, then she says "leave him he is evil" and so I was pretty upset, but I like the guys I play with, its fun, so I tried to dispute my actions after the game, and he won't have any of it. I can't really think of another way to make him see that what I did was not at all evil, or really even bad. I will probably end up quitting the game, because that is bullshit.

Lets move on to our second longest game, Tom's Exalted campaign.
I originally made a character who talked, because I thought it would be fun to be the guy who talked the groups way out of things. Pretty much every single time I accomplished something socially, it was trumped by the villains, so I just stopped trying, took a session and remade my character into someone who can actually fight. I do much better now, but it was pretty disappointing to me that everything always ended up in combat one way or another. I have given up really trying in the game and will probably just quit if the next session doesn't go well.

The final game is Alan's werewolf campaign. We started it last night.
There is a full circle (all 5 group spots are filled) and one experienced player who is sort of our guide. Now this is actually a really cool game because we are playing a relaxed version of ourselves, but as werewolves. (I am like charisma 4 in the game which is one step below hitler level of charisma, I am not really like this in real life) So, we started playing, and the pack doesn't really decide things, so I try to take the alpha spot (since we're a pack) and say "come on, lets go" and every one just sort of looks at me and goes "you aren't the leader." Even though no one else makes any decisions, they just keep asking questions. Time passes, we move on, stuff takes FOREVER to get done, and we end up in combat. Now, we've got 5 badass werewolves and one super badass. We should be able to fuck some shit up something fierce. Well, not so much. I jump over this fence to a coal mine, and so does the veteran, two guys run off into the mine, and two guys run off toward the trailers, I am thinking "wow, great move you split the party in a place tainted by heavily tainted by the wyrm." We (the veteran and I) end up flipping a crane over onto some of the trailers, and then stepping into the umbra (spirit world) to fuck up things in their spirit form. Meanwhile, two of the party are choking on gasses in the mine, and two are getting torn to shreds over by the remains of the trailers by demons (essentially). I start to fight some giant bats with hyena heads in the spirit world (which I got stuck in) and I end up zangief-ing one, except I pulled its head off instead of grabbing the whole body, and the body backlashed and clawed me for some damage. Oh damn, that sucks. Its cool though, I'm into it, so even though I fall to the ground, I immediately jump back up and start to corkscrew at the one that didn't lose its head. Well the headless one clawed me and I was knocked unconscious. A were-bear that we had met earlier in the game came to save us in his pick up and we all piled in. I was pulled out of the umbra by our veteran, and the game ended there.
I was very unhappy with this game for a couple reasons:
-it took forever to do things, time was passing (both in game and out) and nothing was getting accomplished, and trying to speed things up and make decisions didn't work.
-I ended up being critically wounded, which gives you a battle wound, which is cool, but not really because I have a collapsed lung. And if I WAS critically wounded, the state that I was wounded in meant I should have been dead. So I should either NOT have the battle wound, or I should be dead. THIS IS HOW THE RULES READ. Basically I am trying to avoid having a collapsed lung because that fucking sucks and means that I cannot run or do any sort of physical exertion for more than an hour in game. Also, I get hurt more when I get hit.
-There was not a sense of party at all. One guy (the DM for the D&D game) said that we were working as a team, but we were basically 3 groups of 2 that weren't really coordinating at all. Hell, two of the guys weren't even a group of two, they just went the same direction and ended up acting totally independent of each other. In a game where you are a pack, you'd think it'd be a Bad Idea to split up. It never worked for Scooby and the gang, and it never works in combat.
I'm going to be talking to our DM about this tonight when he gets back from work (we are flatmates), I was just unhappy with how things turned out, and may not be returning next week.

tl;dr
I am venting about fake worlds and how I might quit. Any of the roleplayers here could give me feedback if they wanted, but I mostly needed to vent.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #3532 on: 19 May 2009, 21:50 »

i  liked it better when you were worrying about girls.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3533 on: 19 May 2009, 23:34 »

Last exam starts in two hours. I'm currently preparing for it by listening to Escape From New York by 65daysofstatic.

It's very much an exam I don't care much for at all, and I think is a pretty silly concept.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #3534 on: 20 May 2009, 01:22 »

It takes a certain uncertainty to choose not to call any of your friends because you're not sure which of them would call you. 

Man, being back in my hometown is confusin', socially, because I really don't know who my friends are. And it's my own fault, really.  I didn't keep up the relationships I sort of built in high school. But it was so easy to let them drop, when I made stronger connections with people in half a year in college than I did through four years of high school.  Still, being alone kind of sucks, and being alone long enough sort of builds itself into delusion and an isolation of perspective.  I start to lose touch with reality! Apparently being in touch with reality necessitates being in touch with other humans. I really wish someone would call me and makes this all easier, but I don't really think I'm on anyone's radar any more. Unfortunately, it seems I have to do that legwork. It doesn't help that phones make me hell of nervous, but anxiety and indecision just make it worse.

Maybe I should just go to bed.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3535 on: 20 May 2009, 01:53 »

My Dad got my dog put down today and seemed to neglect telling me about his plans to do so. He seems to think he told me about it, but that would be something i would remember, no? I wanted to be there, and instead I didn't even get to say goodbye.

He also ate what I was going to have for dinner, so now I get to have meat pie instead. Great.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3536 on: 20 May 2009, 01:54 »

My avatar is way too cheerful for how I am feeling right now.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #3537 on: 20 May 2009, 01:59 »

I'm sorry for your loss. It truly sucks having to lose an animal.

In the mean time, I'm at work, being incompetent and on the internet. And for some reason other people get labeled as unproductive and uncooperative.

People just aren't keen observers.

Bless 'em.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #3538 on: 20 May 2009, 05:49 »

Blog Thread,

I have completed a year of college sans crippling mental breakdowns and failing all my classes. I'm pretty sure I actually have close to straight As. This is a marked improvement from my last college experience.

Whooo school's out.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

benji

Re: Wherein I type for 30 minutes with no point.
« Reply #3539 on: 20 May 2009, 06:11 »

D&D

See, that's my problem with the alignment system in D&D to begin with: far too simple, far too black and white. I wouldn't call your actions "good" really. You did try to get your way through intimidation and you did put your hands around a young girl's neck. But it should really be up to you whether those are things that are acceptable for your character given the circumstances, and not some rigid bullshit alignment system. Anyway, if your GM is making that big a stink about it, just offer to change your alignment to lawful neutral and be done with it.

Exalted

Any game in which things are never resolved socially and always end up in combat would be dull as fuck for me, so I understand wanting to leave this one. Especially if you were trying to be the social character and weren't warned by the GM that that would be basically useless.

Werewolf

I recently got talked into running an honest-to-god Werewolf: The Wild West game. I'll tell you how it goes.

Anyway, your GM clearly never introduced people to the idea of a pack. A pack isn't a team. It's a little like a close nit family, a little like a military unit, and a little like a street gang.

The big thing is, when you tried to take command and someone said "you're not the leader" you should have have replied "prove it," and then explained out of character that whoever said that just challenged you to fight for leadership. Then you should have fought until one of you yielded. The GM should have advised the other players that it would be completely inappropriate for them to interfere.

Later, when you were at the mine, you should have already had a clear leader (either you or the one who challenged you) and that person should have called the shots. People should not have run off on their own without being told to do so.

Anyway, don't quit this one and stop worrying about your collapsed lung. If you want to point out to the GM that you should have died and say that you would rather have died, that's fine. He might agree. You might also point out to him that having you die of a collapsed lung a little later in a hospital bed might be a good way for him to encourage the other players to explore what it means to lose a pack member (which should be described as losing a close sibling, a spouse, or a parent) which might be a good opportunity to explore what it means to be a pack. Meanwhile, you can get a chance to draw up a fresh character with no collapsed lung.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2009, 06:15 by benji »
This signature is intentionally left blank.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3540 on: 20 May 2009, 06:33 »

END OF EXAMS BITCHES.

Plan: star trek, maybe concert or pool competition, jungle dub drum & bass, who knows?

I am excited.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #3541 on: 20 May 2009, 07:00 »

Arrrr, exams start tomorrow at 9.00 in the morning, its on Africa its going to be very depressing.

Then two more weeks of bowel knotting terror (which include my birthday Hooray) and then on the 3rd and 4th I finally stop having to worry about these damnable things. Oy.

Also is there any D&D or similar RPG that allows you to not neccesarily take part in combat? I mean not to rule it out because beating the living hell out of things can be both cathartic and relevant to the story but just sometimes I would like to see an RPG having a sort of war of words and diplomatic conflict rather than a simple "beat up the giant robots" one.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #3542 on: 20 May 2009, 09:10 »

See, that's my problem with the alignment system in D&D to begin with: far too simple, far too black and white. I wouldn't call your actions "good" really. You did try to get your way through intimidation and you did put your hands around a young girl's neck. But it should really be up to you whether those are things that are acceptable for your character given the circumstances, and not some rigid bullshit alignment system. Anyway, if your GM is making that big a stink about it, just offer to change your alignment to lawful neutral and be done with it.

[Nerd]

There is no Lawful Neutral in D&D 4e. There's Good, Lawful Good, Evil, Chaotic Evil, and Unaligned. My understanding is that alignments are far less rigid than in the past.

[/Nerd]

Dear Blog Thread,

ArcMap has crashed again. It is not my favorite program at this moment.
Saturday we will have eight guests in our not overly large apartment. Fortunately they are only stopping by before they go to see Wicked. Unfortunately this will still cause a lot of stress.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3543 on: 20 May 2009, 09:30 »

The taping of my music show was last night, so I got a chance to play TV Producer.

Overall it went well, the important part came out very nicely. The main problem was that setup took much longer than expected. Arranging the set for the first time was more involved than I had planned for, but in the end it looked very nice. Then sound gremlins took over for a bit, an experience anyone here in a band can relate to, I'm sure.

But we got all that sorted, and once we started shooting the music segment, everything just rolled along and we got some absolutely great footage. What I had to sacrifice was shooting the interview segment in studio, since we used up our 3-hour slot by then.

That's ok, though, I knew I had a possibly over ambitious goal that required everything to go almost perfectly, so I had a built in contingency to do the interview later. The style for that only requires one camera and much simpler setup, something I can do on my own with the artist later. The 3-camera operation to get a nice variety of shots, cuts, and dissolves during the music was what I needed the studio and crew for, and we got it! A shoutout for my director, Dan, who called some great shots from the camera crew and really made everything work.

Until I get the interview footage, I can do the preliminary editing work on this, so that splicing in the interview parts will be fairly easy. Once the editing is done, then I apply for an air date. Meanwhile, I have the shoot for the next artist to plan...

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3544 on: 20 May 2009, 10:21 »

last night was my roomate's 21st birthday. we had a punk rock band play in our living room, drank whiskey, played banjo, cooked steak over open fires, played ping pong, and then people (not me) got Nike Swoosh tattoos on their feet "so they would go faster." i love my friends.

except, now i am at work and man i am super tired.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #3545 on: 20 May 2009, 10:25 »

ROLE-A-MA-PLAYING
Jason was right. No way does that strike me as the actions of a lawful good cleric. Hell, think of it in meatlife - if you grab someone by the throat, that ain't good, right? The Exalted one sounds like a fair gripe.

God I wish I had the time and the people to engage in such nerdiness though.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Reed

« Reply #3546 on: 20 May 2009, 12:11 »

So today I caught one of my students blowing on her sterilized loop to cool it down, directly over three open tubes of uninoculated media (It is possible that only Nick will get the hilarity/horror of the situation).

I made the mistake of agreeing to take care of my friend's house while she's on vacation. It's all the way up in Sturbridge, Ma which is about a 45 minute drive each way. Yesterday I didn't get there until 9pm and wound up watering her lawn in complete darkness (I'm pretty sure I looked creepy as fuck).

The good news is that I'm moving in with my friend in a little over a week and we've decided to throw an apartment warming party! It will consist of beer pong and guitar hero, I don't see how this idea could fail.
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #3547 on: 20 May 2009, 12:34 »

I'm invited, right?
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3548 on: 20 May 2009, 12:43 »

Hey bitches,

Having a good time in my WS 200 class, last night we went over the textbook examples of "rape language" and "rape culture" and it all made a fair bit of sense. I haven't been this engaged in a course since I took ethics a year or two ago. I might have to stop referring to people as "bitches" if this keeps up.

Not looking forward to the interpersonal violence portion of the class, though.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3549 on: 20 May 2009, 12:57 »

Not looking forward to the interpersonal violence portion of the class, though.

Depends on the kind of weapons they hand out.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 90   Go Up