THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 20:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 90   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.  (Read 773800 times)

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
Re: Blog Thread II: Beyond Blogosphere.
« Reply #3950 on: 02 Jun 2009, 14:34 »

Dammit.  I think was just sort-of hit on by a cute female and I didn't catch on in time.  That probably happens more often then I think...

Damn you library professional mindset!  Damn you to hell!

nobo

« Reply #3951 on: 02 Jun 2009, 14:51 »

negative reinforcement (like withholding some regular favor or another)

What you're describing is a punishment. Negative reinforcement is rewarding someone by taking away something unpleasant, AKA the alarm clock stops ringing is a reward for getting out of bed.

/part psych major
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3952 on: 02 Jun 2009, 16:02 »

Blog:

Someone actually put a bid in on my piece of shit truck on ebay, despite the fact that I'm brutally honest with what a big piece of shit it is.   Hooray!  I'm going to get rid of it.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3953 on: 02 Jun 2009, 16:06 »

I totally misread that as:
Someone actually put a bid in on my piece of shit on ebay, despite the fact that I'm brutally honest with what a big piece of shit it is.   Hooray!  I'm going to get rid of it.

I should read slower.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3954 on: 02 Jun 2009, 16:07 »

Ok, so I laughed.  Like... hard.   Mahalo.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3955 on: 02 Jun 2009, 16:53 »

Kylos, did he snag these things while YOU were present? If so, you really have a problem because if he's ever caught they may arrest you as an accessory. It doesn't sound like he'd quit just because you or anybody else tells him to either.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

DarkAvenger

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #3956 on: 02 Jun 2009, 17:45 »

Tell me more. I want to do this, but in a more Guerrilla "Pump Up The Volume" style. Specifically, tell me about the equipment and costs. I've been doing my own little research, but I'd like some first hand help.

And yes, I'm curious about the technical details as well.

I'll have to get back to you on the full technical details all  I know is that everything we needed we either acquired from friends (microphone, signal compressor) or built ourselves (transmitter) using schematics we got from the library.

So blog thread, today I decided I really wanted to listen to Sloan's Twice Removed when I got home. I walked in my house, walked over to my stereo and looked through my albums. It wasn't there. I went all over the place looking for it. Didn't find it anywhere. Defeated I went back to my collection and looked for something else, after 30 seconds of searching I found it. What the hell?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3957 on: 02 Jun 2009, 18:01 »

Guys,

One of the girls who was on the same show as me, but 2 years ago, added me on Facebook. She messaged me and she wants to meet up the next time she's in Tirana, and she gave me her phone number, and didn't say anything specific regarding hookups, but when she asked about whether or not my girlfriend is waiting for me, it kinda sent some interesting implications my way. My current girlfriend knows I'm a whore and has said that she doesn't mind me doing whore stuff. If anything happens I will be sure to clear it with her first.

Somebody please tell me I'm not too horribly pathetic/creepy since I am basically trying to hook up with a chick in Macedonia over the internet.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3958 on: 02 Jun 2009, 18:42 »

DarkAvenger lost his sloan album oh noes

That's exactly why I got an Ipod.

Mein Tumblr

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3959 on: 02 Jun 2009, 19:00 »

Patrick, you're not a whore.

Whores get paid.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

nobo

« Reply #3960 on: 02 Jun 2009, 19:28 »

Basketball league started today... played terrible, then rolled ankle shooting around afterwards. looks like i'm out for a few weeks. arg.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #3961 on: 02 Jun 2009, 19:53 »

DarkAvenger you have good taste. I am going to see Sloan in a few weeks! YAAAAAAY!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #3962 on: 02 Jun 2009, 19:59 »

Sloan is so amazing live
it's time to stop posting

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3963 on: 02 Jun 2009, 20:21 »

Sloan is touring?
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #3964 on: 02 Jun 2009, 20:46 »

Patrick! Why are you so lucky! You do know how lucky you are, right?

Blog thread! I got a haircut today! Not exactly groundbreaking news, but it's news nonetheless. I can actually shake my head back and forth without having my vision be obscured! Of course, I won't know what it really looks like til tomorrow morning, because in my opinion you can't judge a haircut until it's been through a shower and a night of sleep. Does anyone agree with this?
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

DarkAvenger

« Reply #3965 on: 02 Jun 2009, 20:50 »

That's exactly why I got an Ipod.

I've got an iPod, but it is difficult to rock the fuck out when you have:

a) Headphones on
or
b) Really awful sound quality from your really awful laptop

Also: Thanks Allison, might I add: You are extremely lucky.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3966 on: 02 Jun 2009, 20:52 »

Blaggy,

I found a friggin' AWESOME STICK TODAY. There's no bark on it, it's just solid white! It is my favourite stick now.

See, I decorate my room with flowers and sticks and pinecones and rocks and feathers and all sorts of naturally wonderful things, and this stick beats them all. With a different stick.

While you were typing blah blah blah

See, all my music is on my computer, and I have some kick ass speakers hooked up to it. My neighbours know my music well.

Reed

« Reply #3967 on: 02 Jun 2009, 20:57 »

Today my roommate and I stole the sign showing incoming freshmen where to park for orientation

We are hardcore
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3968 on: 02 Jun 2009, 21:15 »

Guys,

One of the girls who was on the same show as me, but 2 years ago, added me on Facebook. She messaged me and she wants to meet up the next time she's in Tirana, and she gave me her phone number, and didn't say anything specific regarding hookups, but when she asked about whether or not my girlfriend is waiting for me, it kinda sent some interesting implications my way. My current girlfriend knows I'm a whore and has said that she doesn't mind me doing whore stuff. If anything happens I will be sure to clear it with her first.

Somebody please tell me I'm not too horribly pathetic/creepy since I am basically trying to hook up with a chick in Macedonia over the internet.

Love,
Me!
You and I need to have serious talks (Mostly ass-pats and virtual High-Fives).
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Will

• Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #3969 on: 02 Jun 2009, 21:49 »

So, earlier tonight I stepped on a chunk of glass in my room and stuck it about 3/4" into my foot...now the toe right beside my pinkie toe doesn't move when I curl my toes towards the sole of my foot. There's no pain or anything, but it's definitely not working. I have a dumbtoe!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Zingoleb

« Reply #3970 on: 02 Jun 2009, 22:09 »

I do feel bad for you because that really is a sucky thing, but 'I have a dumbtoe' is making me crack the fuck up over here.

DarkAvenger

« Reply #3971 on: 02 Jun 2009, 22:31 »

Dear people previously interested in the idea of making your own radio station,

This is as much as I know. We're recording and transmitting from my friend's basement so I guess this is what you were looking for. We have an antenna, a transmitter, a mixing board, a signal exciter, microphones, cords, and obviously a method of playing music (a stereo or even a computer). Also if wanted is a compressor which you really do not need but it makes the transmission cleaner.

The microphone and music player are attached to the mixing board in the back in individual channels. The mixing board attaches to the compressor, which attaches to the transmitter, which (obviously) transmits sound. The signal goes to the antenna, which has the signal exciter in it, to make the signal travel farther.

From what I remember my friend told me the best option is to use a lower frequency in order to not be picked up by regular listeners and to "stay off of the grid" (her words, not mine).

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3972 on: 02 Jun 2009, 22:48 »

Very cool, so a full on pirate station.  :evil:

Best of luck with it, and have fun. I'm sure those who can pick it up will enjoy it. You really can't go wrong no matter what you play because I think it's physically impossible to have worse programming than any commercial station these days.

And just for fun, take a look at http://www.piratecatradio.com/about.php where a pirate station in San Francisco has found a loophole that lets it operate out in the open.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3973 on: 02 Jun 2009, 23:40 »

a compressor which you really do not need but it makes the transmission cleaner.

If properly used; but not willy-nilly to squash everything flat - that destroys just about anything, and causes loudness wars.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #3974 on: 02 Jun 2009, 23:49 »

I really want to make a pirate station now.

Damn.

Damn.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3975 on: 03 Jun 2009, 05:39 »

Guys! Today is an exciting day!

I woke up and there was a letter from my college waiting for me to tell me that I am English Student of the Year! I was very surprised (I am certainly not english student of the year, I talk too much and my work is often late but I guess also I ask her what complicated words mean and read Yeats for fun and actually do the work) and also very chuffed because my english class is the biggest class I have so I'm flattered to have been chosen out of all of us.

Then I went into town (smelling sweetly of raspberries) to get some money because the exchange rate is great for us at the moment. And now I have a lot of dollars! They look like toy money, do you guys really pay for things with this stuff? And I bought a carry-on bag for the flights which is blue and pretty. I'm trying not to think about how much money I have spent today.

Now I need to do some more revision. This is probably the end of the excitement.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

allison

• i really want a mustache
« Reply #3976 on: 03 Jun 2009, 05:45 »

Congratulations, that's really impressive!
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #3977 on: 03 Jun 2009, 06:22 »

So, earlier tonight I stepped on a chunk of glass in my room and stuck it about 3/4" into my foot...now the toe right beside my pinkie toe doesn't move when I curl my toes towards the sole of my foot. There's no pain or anything, but it's definitely not working. I have a dumbtoe!

You cut some tendons and nerves and need to see a doctor who probably can't do anything for you.

How funny is it now?

Anyway.

I'm alone at work. Everyone is gone.

To the Efteling. Google it and relish in the horror.

So, I hang out here and watch movies all day.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Will

• Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #3978 on: 03 Jun 2009, 06:23 »

it's physically impossible to have worse programming than any commercial station these days.

Not true! Just the other day on my air shift at work, I had Nickelback, Hinder, and Daughtry back-to-back-to-back! How is that not a win? And since there's been what, 46 seasons of American Idol now, we have so many more great singers and artists to choose from! Generic Karaoke Popstar #1, Generic Karaoke Popstar #2, Generic Karaoke Popstar #3, The Guy Who Came In Second...SO MANY GOOD MUSICS!!!!!

</sarcasm>

Best of luck, watch yr ass and don't get caught...if your in America, FCC fines are a bitch.

Interestingly enough, it wasn't too many years ago but what pirate radio was how most of the "Golden Age" broadcasters got their start. I was just reading a few weeks ago from some trade journal, a guy who was inducted into the Broadcaster's Hall Of Fame got his start when he created a pirate AM station (at the age of 13) that was overriding the signal from a commercial tower. He got popped by FCC compliance officials, and the station that was reporting the complaint offered to cover the fine themselves and take the kid on as an apprentice to "work off his debt." They then gave him a job as an assistant engineer after his apprenticeship was over...guess they figured that if a guy can build a working AM transmitter by himself at age 13, he's got some skills.

Now, ClearChannel/Cumulus/CitadelMedia will just have your balls. So yeah, good luck! Sounds like fun, and I hope you get away with it for a long-ass time.

Quote from: Refused
We want the airwaves back!
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3979 on: 03 Jun 2009, 06:57 »

I passed physics! With a D, which isn't even the worst passing grade :D I guess third time's the charm, or something. It feels pretty fucking awesome, now I've got all first grade classes and all second grade classes down. I still have a some third grade classes I need to pass, but I have my last third grade exam on Friday, so it's not like I'm thaaat far behind. Awesome.

ETA: Also, congrats, May!
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 07:29 by Ladybug »

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3980 on: 03 Jun 2009, 07:07 »

Congrats!!

Bwog Thwed, I am sick.  Sniffly, sneezy, hit me in the face with a sledgehammer.  My boss told me I had no more sick time so I'm at work and guess what?  I still have 2 days of sick time left!  Bitch. 

I ordered a very pretty dress from China.  It is a dark green strapless gown and is beautiful but I have shrunk so it's too big for me.  The cost to have it sent back and a new size sent is greater than the cost of the dress itself, so I just keep looking at it knowing that someday, I'll probably be fat enough again to wear it.  I may take pictures when I'm healthier and won't look like I'm dying.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3981 on: 03 Jun 2009, 08:45 »

Josefbugman

• Are you Sure thats wise sir?
« Reply #3982 on: 03 Jun 2009, 09:03 »

It dawned on me today that it has been over a year since I tried to get with anyone... I am going to have to try this summer just for shits and giggles.

Exam went as well as can be expected when I make a freakin' spelling mistake in the title of one of the questions.

I feel like ass and there is another one tomorrow, fun fun fun.
Oddly enough the "oh no boobs!" box in the background of todays comic is my usual reaction.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3983 on: 03 Jun 2009, 09:13 »

You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #3984 on: 03 Jun 2009, 10:38 »

A girl I knew died last night. We weren't close, but I witnessed a lot of her increasingly self-destructive behavior. I suppose I can't assume it was like that, since no one's told me how she died. 

I just feel empty.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3985 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:03 »

Dear guys,

http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/albanian.htm

NSFW language

Love,
Me!

There are a lot of words for cunt.

Gop

Mein Tumblr

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #3986 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:33 »

I could be genderqueer!

If you read this, could you talk a little more about this?  This is something that has piqued my interest recently.  If I've misread this and it's the SO QUIRKY that so often passes for humor around these parts, then disregard this, but I have been even a little too interested in genderqueer issues recently.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3987 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:48 »

the mexican Robert Downey Jr. just walked into my work.

the resemblance is uncanny! tee-hee
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ackblom12

« Reply #3988 on: 03 Jun 2009, 12:48 »

and I'm off to OK. Hell of a family reunion.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #3989 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:54 »

Just as an aside, I wonder what Emaline's been up to?
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3990 on: 03 Jun 2009, 16:06 »

Dear guys,

NSFW language

Love,
Me!

And NSFW ads.

Didn't even occur to me, thanks for pointing this out. It is very much true.

DEAR BLAG

I GOT KICKED OFF THE SHOW AND SO DID LABINOT OH MY FUCKDAMN WE ARE SO HAPPY RIGHT NOWWWWWWWWW

Love,
ME!

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #3991 on: 03 Jun 2009, 19:16 »

New DVD-RW drive to arrive probably Monday. Way too excited. I have not burned a CD since January. Yes I am slightly dead inside.

Next week: mixtapes mixtapes mixtapes mixtapes PIRACYYYYYYYY
it's time to stop posting

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #3992 on: 03 Jun 2009, 20:21 »

congratulations on getting kicked off! i didn't know that was a good thing but okay!
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3993 on: 03 Jun 2009, 20:33 »

I could be genderqueer!

If you read this, could you talk a little more about this?  This is something that has piqued my interest recently.  If I've misread this and it's the SO QUIRKY that so often passes for humor around these parts, then disregard this, but I have been even a little too interested in genderqueer issues recently.
I didn't read it. I simply do not know if I am identifying as a man anymore. Not that I identify as a woman or even as something in between the two, I just don't know what it is that I am. The genderqueer people I know tend to be in between, but not all are like that.

What I need to figure out is if this is just a cop-out or something that is actually significant.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 20:38 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3994 on: 03 Jun 2009, 21:01 »

I guess I just don't care enough about stereotypes and presumed roles enough to really worry about whether identifying myself as a man implies anything beyond the fact that I have a penis. I kinda feel that worrying about such things gives the idea of gender more power than I think it really deserves, I guess. You can get awful, awful specific about categories of people and still end up with a wide degree of variation within those categories, after all. Just thinking out loud, I guess, since at the end of the day people can call themselves whatever they want, as far as I'm concerned. I guess the whole concept is just too alien for me to really relate to very well. Guess I haven't ran headlong into enough cognitive dissonance to really understand where people are coming from on it.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 21:15 by Alex C »

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #3995 on: 03 Jun 2009, 21:03 »

Dear guys,

NSFW language

Love,
Me!
Oh, hey. I remember this.

http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/jamaican.htm

Hehe...

So, Patty's off the show...? Damn, dude.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #3996 on: 03 Jun 2009, 22:35 »

I didn't read it.

You didn't read my post?
 :?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3997 on: 03 Jun 2009, 23:41 »

Moving house update!

So the deposit has now been paid for the place. The current tenants will be out by Sunday and then the place will be getting professionally cleaned and generally fixed up over Monday and Tuesday. We are set to sign the lease, pay the bond and pick up the keys on the Thursday and then we are set to move in on the weekend. I've just organised a van and two large men to carry my fridge and couch and assorted bookshelves and other stuff up the four flights of stairs to the apartment so it should all go smoothly. Now I just need to pack up all my worldly possessions into a few boxes and eventually I can start moving them to my new apartment.

Before all this happens I need to clean out my entire house and mow the lawn, something that hasn't been done in about 3 months. This is important as the landlord needs to have someone spray the yard for fleas and other biting insects which we've just started to have problems with. If she doesn't do this before we leave (I've organised for a guy to come do it on Wednesday come hell or high water) then I'm quite certain she'll try and take some money out of our bond. Given that I need that back in full so I can have some extra cash (because moving vans and taking some days off work to move house is expensive), I don't want her taking anything out of it if I can at all help it. The stove has also just broken and now I can only use one burner to cook anything which is just absolute bullshit because damnit I want to cook dinner while I'm living here. Mowing the lawn though is going to be an issue because it keeps pissing down rain every time the lawn looks like it might be dry enough to mow with any kind of efficiency. We're just going to have to do it over the weekend when it is supposed to dry up and hopefully that will be ok. On the upside Lunchbox has agreed to help me move in exchange for Ingelise and I cooking her dinner so that is awesome.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3998 on: 04 Jun 2009, 00:02 »

So, it turns out my credit score is a 746. I'm almost tempted to leverage this in order to make it to Chicagocon after all, but frankly, that's so much better than I had dared hope that I'd rather not mess with it.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3999 on: 04 Jun 2009, 00:49 »

I didn't read it.

You didn't read my post?
 :?
Oh, obviously I did. I didn't quite know what you meant when you wrote "If you read this". I was thinking past-tense "read", which doesn't make a lot of sense but it seemed like the best explanation at the time.
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 90   Go Up